Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068322 times)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #4040 on: October 21, 2017, 06:28:06 pm »
Half watching the HSV - Bayern game, and half watching the Rangers - Nashville NHL game, very inconsiderate that both clash :)
It seems very wise to have something else on the go whenever a Hamburg game is on.
Poor tackle but no way a red. VAR needs to be used for that.
Agreed. As soon as there was a delay and it was a Bayern player down, you knew that it was going to be a red. Bayern have been p*ss poor so far as well.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4041 on: October 21, 2017, 07:18:30 pm »
Bayern struggling for a second against 10 man Hamburg.

Joint top with BvB.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4042 on: October 21, 2017, 07:23:44 pm »
They made hard work of that did Bayern, Hamburg put up one heck of a fight.

Can't believe Lewa missed that chance at the end there to make it 2-0.

Kingley Coman is looking like a man reborn though.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: October 22, 2017, 12:37:32 pm »
Today's game, on now:

FC Köln vs Werder Bremen

Goes without saying - Köln NEED A WIN! But I'll say it anyway!

Later:
SC Freiburg vs Hertha BSC
VfL Wolfsburg vs TSG Hoffenheim

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #4044 on: October 22, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »
I’m a big fan of Stoeger and I hope that they stick with him come what may this season, in much the same way that Freiburg have with Streich. The double whammy of losing Modeste and playing in Europe was always going to be tough for Cologne to deal with.

Modeste scored more league goals than the rest of the team combined last season. He also played more minutes, had more shots and won more aerial balls than any other Cologne player. Stoeger was quite open about how the whole team was built around him. That’s a huge gap to fill and Cordoba didn’t seem up to it before his injury. I hadn’t realised that Cordoba’s 24 – he looks so raw that I thought he was much younger. And then Pizarro was injured during the warm-up today.

They’re a way bigger team historically but in terms of recent European experience, or the lack of it, they’re aren’t really even on a par with the likes of Freiburg, Mainz and Augsburg, all of whom have struggled to cope with the demands of playing in Europe.

Kent’s on the bench for Freiburg.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4045 on: October 22, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »
I like Stoeger too, and like I was saying the other day, I love that they are backing him and the team do seem united at this point. I  hate all the firing of coaches that goes on. Someties sure you can see why, but sometimes you think - what difference would a new coach do, apart form maybe a 'bounce' for a week or two. A new coach isn't getting a ton of goals from that forward line.

They where unlucky today in a way, they did actually create a bit, but many of their shots seems to be right at the goalie and without enough power. Although too they where lucky in the end, cos it took a goal line clearance to save the draw. It would have been a real gut-shot of they had lost another game in injury time.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: October 24, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »
DFB Pokal today, watching the Leverkusen vs Union Berlin game, Union equalized in the first minute of the 2nd half with a very well worked goal, not a bad game this, although Leverkusen really should be about 3 up from the first half.

FC Magdeburg vs BVB on after this one. 

Tomorrow is the big-un, one of the favourites is going out - RB Leipzig v Bayern is on.
4 all Buli ties tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:41:29 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4047 on: October 24, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
DFB Pokal today, watching the Leverkusen vs Union Berlin game, Union equalized in the first minute of the 2nd half with a very well worked goal, not a bad game this, although Leverkusen really should be about 3 up from the first half.

FC Magdeburg vs BVB on after this one. 

Tomorrow is the big-un, one of the favourites is going out - RB Leipzig v Bayern is on.
4 all Buli ties tomorrow.

I'll be watching that RB game. Come on Keita blow Bayern into the middle of next week.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: October 24, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »
I'll be watching that RB game. Come on Keita blow Bayern into the middle of next week.  ;D

it'd be great if they where knocked out :D It's in Leipzig too, so here's hoping for a good one.

This game between Leverkusen and Union has been very entertaining, Leverkusen are going to win 4-1 with 2 very late goals putting  a gloss on it.  But Union have played well and where a bit unlucky really not to hvae equalized again when it was just 2-1 to Leverkusen.  They certainly had their chances including hitting the post.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: October 24, 2017, 08:10:02 pm »
Are you watching the Magdeburg-Dortmund game? Dortmund are struggling a bit tonight, Magdeburg almost took the lead there.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: October 24, 2017, 08:17:16 pm »
Are you watching the Magdeburg-Dortmund game? Dortmund are struggling a bit tonight, Magdeburg almost took the lead there.

yep, got it on.

They are making a bit of hard work of it aren't they, although how they didn't take the lead in the first couple minutes I do not know, it was crazy! Hit the post, ball was pinballing around, goalie saved without even knowing much about it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: October 24, 2017, 08:20:39 pm »
I missed the first few minutes, Magdeburg are working hard at the moment. Also Dortmund are a bit vulnerable at the back. Their confidence is maybe a bit frayed. Whose on the sub bench for Dortmund?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: October 24, 2017, 08:23:05 pm »
I missed the first few minutes, Magdeburg are working hard at the moment. Also Dortmund are a bit vulnerable at the back. Their confidence is maybe a bit frayed. Whose on the sub bench for Dortmund?

Weidenfeller, Subotic, Sancho, Guerreiro, Toljan, Schürrle, Castro

Very good to see Guerreiro and Schürrle back.

I hope Jadon Sancho gets on 2nd half, he made his debut the other day vs Frankfurt, became the first English player to ever play for BVB.

Finally!

Castro scoring about 3 seconds after coming on as sub  ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:27:35 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: October 24, 2017, 08:27:33 pm »
Yes it will be interesting to see how Sancho gets on at Dortmund.

Yay Dortmund take the lead quite an introduction from Castro there.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: October 24, 2017, 08:50:08 pm »
Isak makes it 2-0 for Dortmund great counter attacking came from a Magdeburg corner.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: October 24, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »
You can barely watch atm as a flare has gone off across the pitch.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:08 pm »
You can barely watch atm as a flare has gone off across the pitch.

the earlier game they had to switch to a camera behind the goal cos you could see bugger all from the side view cos of smoke ;D

Good to see Isak score, nice finish too.

I was just looking at the Bundesliga 2 table, amazing to see Holstein Kiel in 2nd place  :o 

But on the other side of it, kinda sad seeing such a big club as Kaiserslautern languishing at the bottom.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: October 24, 2017, 09:03:45 pm »
the earlier game they had to switch to a camera behind the goal cos you could see bugger all from the side view cos of smoke ;D

Good to see Isak score, nice finish too.

I was just looking at the Bundesliga 2 table, amazing to see Holstein Kiel in 2nd place  :o 

But on the other side of it, kinda sad seeing such a big club as Kaiserslautern languishing at the bottom.

It's sad about Kaiserslautern its amazing how fortune can change in football. Dortmund on top at the moment. Amazing how one goal can suddenly transform a team.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: October 24, 2017, 09:14:26 pm »
It's sad about Kaiserslautern its amazing how fortune can change in football. Dortmund on top at the moment. Amazing how one goal can suddenly transform a team.

yeah they look comfortable now after labouring a bit early on and not looking themselves. And a peno for 3-0.

Dortmund have had a rather poor couple weeks really, after a flying start.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: October 24, 2017, 09:15:34 pm »
Penalty for Dortmund chance to seal the game. 3-0.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: October 24, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »
Disappointing in the CL, I thought they would do better. They at least have two home games though. But I expected them to get through.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: October 24, 2017, 09:23:52 pm »
Disappointing in the CL, I thought they would do better. They at least have two home games though. But I expected them to get through.

I'm not so surpised they won't qualify from the group, some where talking them up like it was the Dortmund of 4 and 5 years ago that Spurs would be facing, for me there was no excuse for Spurs this time round, not to qualify.

But I didn't expect them to be quite so poor! To only have 1 point from the first 3 games is dissapointing. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: October 24, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
True enough about Spurs they needed to at least get out of the group this time around. I'd been really disappointed with them last season, they didn't really gel in Europe at all. Also their approach was a bit stilted in the matches, like they got stuck between two different styles of play. I like the look of Max Phillips that was quite a shot before, yet another young German with the world at his feet.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »
yeah I like Philipp too, looks well worthy of them payng what was still a pretty big fee for them and for the bundesliga.

Hopefully Dortmund might get out of this mini slump now, having Schmelzer and Guerreiro back is a huge positive, and Schürrle as well. He's a funny player, he's had all these big money moves, has a great record for the national team, but I always feel a but let down when I see him :D But he's obviously got quality.  His time at BVB so far has been blighted by injuries, so hopefully he can get going now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
yeah I like Philipp too, looks well worthy of them payng what was still a pretty big fee for them and for the bundesliga.

Hopefully Dortmund might get out of this mini slump now, having Schmelzer and Guerreiro back is a huge positive, and Schürrle as well. He's a funny player, he's had all these big money moves, has a great record for the national team, but I always feel a but let down when I see him :D But he's obviously got quality.  His time at BVB so far has been blighted by injuries, so hopefully he can get going now.

It must be hard to get a rythm when you are in and out of a team, like he's been though. I'm really hoping that Mario Gotze will get an upturn in form and play a few more games. It would be good to see him put his troubles behind him. You forget how good he was before the injuries started to blight his career somewhat. Hopefully this will give them a bit more confidence for the season ahead, doesn't winning the cup put them in Europe next season?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: October 25, 2017, 03:10:46 pm »
Big Bundesliga news of the week so far is that Jörg Schmadtke left FC Köln by 'mutual agreement'.

The DFB Pokal games today include 4 all Bundesliga ties:
Hertha Berlin vs FC Köln
Wolfsburg vs Hannover 96
RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich
Werder Bremen vs Hoffenheim
Jahn Regensburg vs Heidenheim
Vfl Osnabruck vs Nürnberg
FCK vs Stuttgart
Freiburg vs Dynamo

No big shocks in the Pokal games yesterday, although Holstein Kiel gave Mainz one heck of a game, which took extra time for the Nullfünfers to win. And Paderborn beat Bochum.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:13:26 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: October 25, 2017, 06:07:31 pm »
FC Köln just  took the lead through Zoller, and the whole team ran over to Peter Stöger.   I guess they are very much behind their coach :)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4067 on: October 25, 2017, 06:11:59 pm »
Even scoring a goal is a significant achievement for Koln now. They're a terrible football team. Hertha aren't much better though to be fair.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: October 25, 2017, 06:13:41 pm »
Make that 0-2 now, they need to save one of these goals for the next legue game :D Maroh the defender this time from the corner.

Deserved too, been by far the better team this half.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: October 25, 2017, 06:22:24 pm »
Is Keita likely to play tonight for RB, or will it more likely be a second string?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: October 25, 2017, 06:25:29 pm »
Is Keita likely to play tonight for RB, or will it more likely be a second string?

If I had to guess I'd say he'll start on the bench but I'm expecting pretty strong lineups from both.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: October 25, 2017, 06:26:11 pm »
If I had to guess I'd say he'll start on the bench but I'm expecting pretty strong lineups from both.

Thanks, that would be cool.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: October 25, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »
Bayern and Leipzig play each other in the Bundesliga on Saturday too.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: October 25, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »
Bayern and Leipzig play each other in the Bundesliga on Saturday too.

I noticed that which is why I wondered as to whether he'd be rested for tonight.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:54 pm »

yep, he starts.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: October 25, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »
Leipzig Gulacsi, Bernardo, Orban, Upamecano, Halstenberg, Keita, Kampl, Sabitzer, Forsberg, Augustin, Poulsen
Subs; Mvogo, Klostermann, Konate, Kaiser, Laimer, Demme, Werner

Insanely strong lineup considering how busy this period is and how important their upcoming games are. Bizarre from Hasenhuttl in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:51:00 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: October 25, 2017, 06:52:33 pm »
Thanks for that guys. It does seem a bit weird to play him tonight from the off, what you would term a risk I'd say.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:15 pm »
Leipzig Gulacsi, Bernardo, Orban, Upamecano, Halstenberg, Keita, Kampl, Sabitzer, Forsberg, Augustin, Poulsen
Subs; Mvogo, Klostermann, Konate, Kaiser, Laimer, Demme, Werner

Insanely strong lineup considering how busy this period is and how important their upcoming games are. Bizarre from Hasenhuttl in my opinion.

Maybe they see it as their best chance of a trophy, and being at home, chance to knock out the favourites, it'd give them a clear(ish) run at getting to the final.

Teams do tend to go strong in this cup though, it's not like it's the league cup. Yesterday BVB had a really strong team out too.

Oh and Köln take a 3-0 lead. Very good goal too, well, it was a nice breakaway with lobbed effort that hit the post but then tucked in on the rebound.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:54 pm »

Also very very very strong line up. Both teams going for it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4079 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:53 pm »
How's Tolisso looked so far? Seems to be one of the first names on the teamsheet for Bayern already.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.