Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5739830 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #46680 on: September 3, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »
F*ck me - off-topic but the thing that rocked me back from that Guardian article is that Palace are going to replace de Boer with the owl.
Incidentally, if or when Wenger goes, who do you gooners think is going to replace him?

To be fair their fans will probably enjoy his type of football.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46681 on: September 3, 2017, 11:02:57 pm »
I think they probably offered Lemar a joke of a wage for such a big transfer knowing full well he'd turn it down.

Don't forget that among tight bastards, Wenger is the tightest of the bunch  :wave

I'd be surprised if that's true, have you seen the wages that Kolasinac and Lacazette have got?

Very odd whats going on there.

It seemed pretty well documented that Lemar wanted to come here, and turned them down. Then Wenger confirms they bid and he turned them down....so they'll try again in January....? Why?

The reports we were getting when we bid in the middle of the summer was that he was wanting to come. I think what happened the last game would make anyone think twice. He's quite right to wait and see how it pans out.

Season over then?   ;)

Haha, probably. We have Bournemouth at home next, which has obviously became must win. Weirdly, if we win that we could be ahead of Spurs and only a point behind the loser of the City vs Liverpool game. We have Chelsea away after that where I don't expect anything, and then we have a run of 'winnable' games. I think that run will tell us more about how deep this 'crisis' is.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46682 on: September 3, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
They have won 3 FA Cups in 4 years to be fair, that's absolutely amazing.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46683 on: September 4, 2017, 10:56:43 am »
They have won 3 FA Cups in 4 years to be fair, that's absolutely amazing.

Man United dominated the FA Cup in all those years they weren't winning the league.  I know I wouldn't mind a few more of them.

As for Arsenal, well they have a fight on their hands for top four but you don't need to be an expect to figure that one out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46684 on: September 4, 2017, 11:51:36 am »
It's only been 3 games, it's not a crisis, it's the typical Arsenal scenario.

Exactly, this dance has been danced many a time. You know they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. Maybe their squd is abit light this year but way too early for them to panic, I think they just hate Arsene.

It's because it's a typical Arsenal scenario that their fans are rightly so pissed off. The usual season of scrapping top 4, massive humiliations against rival teams and maybe one of the minor cups isn't good enough for a team with their resources. It never was good enough, the only reason why it wasn't a problem before was because there was the hope that they were in transition and that things would get better. In the last year or two though it's become obvious that nothing will improve under Kroenke and Wenger, so getting top 4 but not challenging for the big two trophies just doesn't cut it like it used to.

Progressing is a huge thing for supporters - just look at us right now. The difference in atmosphere around the two clubs is like chalk and cheese, even though there's not much between the clubs in terms of performance over the last year (we pipped them in the league by a point, they won a trophy, both have made good attacking and left back additions to their squads and both have a wantaway overrated South American attacker to bed back into the team). We look like a team on the up though and we're loving it. For Arsenal it looks like it'll just be same shit different day.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #46685 on: September 4, 2017, 11:52:33 am »
Feels eerily like the end of Rodgers to be honest, switched to 5 at the back out of desperation which bought him another season. Then in the summer signed a new striker as an expensive last roll of the dice. If their form doesn't pick up this month I think he'll be in trouble.

Rodgers' signed Balotelli after finishing 2nd?
:D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46686 on: September 4, 2017, 11:54:16 am »
It's because it's a typical Arsenal scenario that their fans are rightly so pissed off. The usual season of scrapping top 4, massive humiliations against rival teams and maybe one of the minor cups isn't good enough for a team with their resources. It never was good enough, the only reason why it wasn't a problem before was because there was the hope that they were in transition and that things would get better. In the last year or two though it's become obvious that nothing will improve under Kroenke and Wenger, so getting top 4 but not challenging for the big two trophies just doesn't cut it like it used to.

Progressing is a huge thing for supporters - just look at us right now. The difference in atmosphere around the two clubs is like chalk and cheese, even though there's not much between the clubs in terms of performance over the last year (we pipped them in the league by a point, they won a trophy, both have made good attacking and left back additions to their squads and both have a wantaway overrated South American attacker to bed back into the team). We look like a team on the up though and we're loving it. For Arsenal it looks like it'll just be same shit different day.

???

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46687 on: September 4, 2017, 11:59:20 am »

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46688 on: September 4, 2017, 12:02:58 pm »
Their BBC journo explaining what happened during the transfer window.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/904618820073132032

Basically their owner won't spend any of his money and wants to target success the "Liecester way"

Other points being :

Ox and Wenger had an angry confrontation when he found out Ox wont sign the contract and really wanted to leave.

They haven't even had any contract negotiations with Ozil since last March.He is set to go next season.

Mustafi wanted out and Arsenal agreement.But couldn't find a replacement so forced to stay similar to Sanchez.

Also Bellarin wanted out but Wenger refused.

Frankly they look a complete mess.Wont be hugely surprised if they even drop out of top six.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46689 on: September 4, 2017, 12:03:06 pm »
There's no way that the current Arsenal squad will continue to implode... the squad that they have has far far far too much quality for that to happen.

What we did to them, they won't face another team like that until they face us and there will be sides with whom they will swat away. They're all just facing a lack of confidence. All it'll take is 1 good result and then they'll be back to what they expect.

Wenger doesn't help matters somewhat with some of his team selections though and he needs to be picking his strongest 11 each week. I mean them leaving out Lacazette against us in the last game was criminal and similar to when Wenger left out Sanchez against us.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46690 on: September 4, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »
Rodgers' signed Balotelli after finishing 2nd?
Benteke was his last roll of the dice. I'm not suggesting him and Lacazette are on the same level but they were both signed with the hope that they would solve all the manager's problems.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46691 on: September 4, 2017, 12:14:47 pm »
Coutinho & Sanchez.

Ah right.  You think Coutinho is overrated.  Got it.  ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46692 on: September 4, 2017, 12:19:35 pm »
Ah right.  You think Coutinho is overrated.  Got it.  ::)

No need for the eye roll matey, I'm allowed an opinion. He's brilliant but I think he's slightly overrated in these parts, sorry. I'd rather lose him than Firmino, Mane or Lallana for example, but he's always the one who's considered our best player (although tbf Mane seems to be considered numero uno these days by most, but this seems to be very recent development).

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46694 on: September 4, 2017, 12:31:39 pm »
No need for the eye roll matey, I'm allowed an opinion. He's brilliant but I think he's slightly overrated in these parts, sorry. I'd rather lose him than Firmino, Mane or Lallana for example, but he's always the one who's considered our best player (although tbf Mane seems to be considered numero uno these days by most, but this seems to be very recent development).

I'm allowed an eye roll mate.  We've got options to replace Coutinho certainly, but to say he's overrated in the context of our entire squad completely ignores the past two weeks.  Barca might be incompetent idiots right now but they know better than to replace a Suarez with a Balotelli. 

Phil might not be top dog, but he can often prove to be a game changer for us in the context of what he brings to the team as a whole, and Barca didn't want him by accident.

Just my opinion of course.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46695 on: September 4, 2017, 12:33:12 pm »
"Wenger did not hold back when Ox told him face to face he wanted a move away"

yeah he didn't hold back at all, he just kept playing him :)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46696 on: September 4, 2017, 12:36:16 pm »
I'm allowed an eye roll mate.  We've got options to replace Coutinho certainly, but to say he's overrated in the context of our entire squad completely ignores the past two weeks.  Barca might be incompetent idiots right now but they know better than to replace a Suarez with a Balotelli. 

Phil might not be top dog, but he can often prove to be a game changer for us in the context of what he brings to the team as a whole, and Barca didn't want him by accident.

Just my opinion of course.

I agree with all that. I think he's brilliant, I just don't think he's quite as good as he's made out to be by most, hence the word overrated.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46697 on: September 4, 2017, 01:06:42 pm »
I agree with all that. I think he's brilliant, I just don't think he's quite as good as he's made out to be by most, hence the word overrated.

I think overrated is too strong a word mate.  I count Sanchez as overrated because I balance skill vs professional attitude vs what a player contributes to his team.

We can clearly manage without Coutinho, at least in the short term; but over a full season involving CL footie I think his contribution remains critical to us.  And I expect him to perform even if he is sulky.  Sanchez on the other hand - despite his skill he doesn't seem to be a game changer for Arsenal, at least not now.  And watching him snigger as his side got pounded the other week very much suggests to me a player who is treading water now.

That's an emotional viewpoint, as I don't watch Arsenal, nor analyse their games or Sanchez's personal stats, and my brain goes fuzzy if I try ;) 

Rather than describe Phil as overrated, I would suggest we will be far less dependent on his individual flashes of brilliance this season than in previous ones.  If not for Barca, I would have said he would be under less pressure, more relaxed and would enjoy his football even more.  Now... he might be less inclined to display some of those trademark skills of his, but still be an important linchpin to the team when he plays.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2017, 01:08:23 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46698 on: September 4, 2017, 01:14:32 pm »
I think overrated is too strong a word mate.  I count Sanchez as overrated because I balance skill vs professional attitude vs what a player contributes to his team.

We can clearly manage without Coutinho, at least in the short term; but over a full season involving CL footie I think his contribution remains critical to us.  And I expect him to perform even if he is sulky.  Sanchez on the other hand - despite his skill he doesn't seem to be a game changer for Arsenal, at least not now.  And watching him snigger as his side got pounded the other week very much suggests to me a player who is treading water now.

That's an emotional viewpoint, as I don't watch Arsenal, nor analyse their games or Sanchez's personal stats, and my brain goes fuzzy if I try ;) 

Rather than describe Phil as overrated, I would suggest we will be far less dependent on his individual flashes of brilliance this season than in previous ones.  If not for Barca, I would have said he would be under less pressure, more relaxed and would enjoy his football even more.  Now... he might be less inclined to display some of those trademark skills of his, but still be an important linchpin to the team when he plays.

That's all fair enough. I disagree though as 'overrated' is the word I'd use to describe how I feel about him. I'll leave it at that though as this ain't the place to be having this convo.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #46699 on: September 4, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46700 on: September 4, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »
That stuff about Arsenal having no money to spend makes no sense unless the money is being siphoned out of the club.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #46701 on: September 4, 2017, 05:53:11 pm »
That stuff about Arsenal having no money to spend makes no sense unless the money is being siphoned out of the club.

Stan Kroenke had to make another donation to his pal Donald?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46702 on: September 4, 2017, 07:20:47 pm »
Stan Kroenke had to make another donation to his pal Donald?
nah a nice ranch bigger than Birmingham, has to pay to kick those who live on it off the land

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46703 on: September 4, 2017, 10:19:22 pm »
Here's an Owner for you.... ;)

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has claimed the Gunners made "a clear statement of our ambitions" by keeping Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, and denied that the club are too focused on profits.

Arsenal's transfer window has been heavily panned by pundits after they sold Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool and had to pull the plug on a deal to sell Sanchez to Manchester City on deadline day after Monaco's Thomas Lemar turned down a £92 million move to the Emirates Stadium.

That left Arsenal making a substantial profit this summer despite a club-record deal for Alexandre Lacazette, with free transfer Sead Kolasinac the only other player to join.

But Gazidis wrote an email to all Arsenal staff on Friday saying he wanted "to give some perspective on the transfer window amid all the hysteria."

The email, which was first reported by the Daily Star, said the decision to keep Sanchez and Ozil despite them having just one year left on their contracts was "a clear statement of our ambitions and should help refute suggestions we are just about the money. That is simply nonsense."

Arsenal also sold Kieran Gibbs, Wojciech Szczesny and Gabriel Paulista, while sending players including Lucas Perez, Carl Jenkinson and Joel Campbell out on loan in an effort to trim the squad.

But Gazidis said that the team is stronger now than last season, writing: "At the end of the window, reviewing all activity, we have once again improved the quality and depth of our squad."

Gazidis attributed the storm of criticism to Arsenal's poor start to the season, with a 1-0 loss at Stoke followed by a 4-0 drubbing at Liverpool before the international break.

"Everything is coloured by results," he wrote. "A positive performance at Liverpool would have coloured this transfer window very differently.

"We have had a poor start to the season but have the quality to turn it around and turn around performances and compete for the title. It is time to get back to what it is all about, the football.

"The manager and players know that the performance at Anfield was not good enough and they will be focused to put that right after the international break."

The statement comes amid a summer transfer review launched at Manchester's Soccerex conference on Thursday that further highlights Arsenal's problems in the transfer market and the stagnation within Arsene Wenger's squad.

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/3196150/arsenal-made-statement-of-ambition-in-keeping-sanchez-ozil-gazidis
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #46704 on: September 4, 2017, 10:23:57 pm »
I bet they get 74 points or more this season.....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46705 on: September 4, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »
;) They won't.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #46706 on: September 5, 2017, 12:33:59 am »
Benteke was his last roll of the dice. I'm not suggesting him and Lacazette are on the same level but they were both signed with the hope that they would solve all the manager's problems.

I completely forgot Benteke existed ;D
:D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #46707 on: September 5, 2017, 02:15:44 am »

I'll take that bet...

Loser has to find five new otter gifs for Trend for the summer window...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46708 on: September 5, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »
Here's an Owner for you.... ;)

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has claimed the Gunners made "a clear statement of our ambitions" by keeping Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, and denied that the club are too focused on profits.

Arsenal's transfer window has been heavily panned by pundits after they sold Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool and had to pull the plug on a deal to sell Sanchez to Manchester City on deadline day after Monaco's Thomas Lemar turned down a £92 million move to the Emirates Stadium.

That left Arsenal making a substantial profit this summer despite a club-record deal for Alexandre Lacazette, with free transfer Sead Kolasinac the only other player to join.

But Gazidis wrote an email to all Arsenal staff on Friday saying he wanted "to give some perspective on the transfer window amid all the hysteria."

The email, which was first reported by the Daily Star, said the decision to keep Sanchez and Ozil despite them having just one year left on their contracts was "a clear statement of our ambitions and should help refute suggestions we are just about the money. That is simply nonsense."

Arsenal also sold Kieran Gibbs, Wojciech Szczesny and Gabriel Paulista, while sending players including Lucas Perez, Carl Jenkinson and Joel Campbell out on loan in an effort to trim the squad.

But Gazidis said that the team is stronger now than last season, writing: "At the end of the window, reviewing all activity, we have once again improved the quality and depth of our squad."

Gazidis attributed the storm of criticism to Arsenal's poor start to the season, with a 1-0 loss at Stoke followed by a 4-0 drubbing at Liverpool before the international break.

"Everything is coloured by results," he wrote. "A positive performance at Liverpool would have coloured this transfer window very differently.

"We have had a poor start to the season but have the quality to turn it around and turn around performances and compete for the title. It is time to get back to what it is all about, the football.

"The manager and players know that the performance at Anfield was not good enough and they will be focused to put that right after the international break."

The statement comes amid a summer transfer review launched at Manchester's Soccerex conference on Thursday that further highlights Arsenal's problems in the transfer market and the stagnation within Arsene Wenger's squad.

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/3196150/arsenal-made-statement-of-ambition-in-keeping-sanchez-ozil-gazidis

An owner??? ???

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46709 on: September 5, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »
GENEVA (AP) — Europe's top clubs have elected Juventus president Andrea Agnelli to lead them, and Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis will join him on the UEFA executive committee.

The European Club Association, which represents more than 200 clubs, chose Agnelli to replace the outgoing Karl-Heinz Rummenigge as their chairman.

Agnelli, who was Rummenigge's deputy, will serve a two-year term.

The newly re-elected ECA board also chose Agnelli and Gazidis as their two representatives on UEFA's decision-making executive committee.

UEFA is set to give the two club delegates full voting rights on its board at a meeting in Geneva in two weeks.

The ECA is a key UEFA partner in negotiating changes to the entry rules and prize money distribution of the Champions League and Europa League.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46710 on: September 5, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
GENEVA (AP) — Europe's top clubs have elected Juventus president Andrea Agnelli to lead them, and Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis will join him on the UEFA executive committee.

The European Club Association, which represents more than 200 clubs, chose Agnelli to replace the outgoing Karl-Heinz Rummenigge as their chairman.

Agnelli, who was Rummenigge's deputy, will serve a two-year term.

The newly re-elected ECA board also chose Agnelli and Gazidis as their two representatives on UEFA's decision-making executive committee.

UEFA is set to give the two club delegates full voting rights on its board at a meeting in Geneva in two weeks.

The ECA is a key UEFA partner in negotiating changes to the entry rules and prize money distribution of the Champions League and Europa League.

Need to vote on giving the premier league 17 cl places, we ll be right back in then.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46711 on: September 5, 2017, 04:41:11 pm »
Does anyone think we might go for Ozil on a free next summer ,in case ,Coutinho moves on next summer .

Thought the way Klopp was praising and defending him last week when Ozil was under attack from media last week was interesting.

Klopp and the pace and movement of our front three could really bring out the best in him as well.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46712 on: September 5, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »
Ozil contract has 2 years to run

He'd be amazing in this team. Offensively he is as good as it gets in creating chances. But he cant be bothered going the other way.

I stand corrected. It does expire next year

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #46713 on: September 5, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »

He'd be amazing in this team. Offensively he is as good as it gets in creating chances. But he cant be bothered going the other way.

I don't watch a lot of Arsenal, but one complaint i've heard from them is he goes missing quite a bit and is a tad lazy to put in a shift? Is that accurate?

If that's the case would he really fit into a Klopp team?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #46714 on: September 5, 2017, 04:52:33 pm »
But he cant be bothered going the other way.
Which is why Klopp wouldn't consider him in million years not to mention he never signed a player over the age of 26 (unless you count veteran CB back-ups and such).

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46715 on: September 5, 2017, 04:52:35 pm »
Maybe it is his languid style but he does look lazy to me

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46716 on: September 5, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »

No he is in last year of his contract and has just 9 months left on his contract.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2017, 05:01:36 pm by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46717 on: September 5, 2017, 04:55:26 pm »
Does anyone think we might go for Ozil on a free next summer ,in case ,Coutinho moves on next summer .

Thought the way Klopp was praising and defending him last week when Ozil was under attack from media last week was interesting.

Klopp and the pace and movement of our front three could really bring out the best in him as well.

I think theres a chance. He'll end up here or Bayern I reckon.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46718 on: September 5, 2017, 04:57:17 pm »
I think theres a chance. He'll end up here or Bayern I reckon.
Not sure about Bayern now that they have signed Rodriguez from Madrid.

Both pretty much play in the same position.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46719 on: September 5, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »
I dont think James will do much there, Ozil will have a good world cup and get a homecoming.