Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739976 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2880 on: May 18, 2021, 09:56:43 am »
Its third on the list but we definitely need another midfielder. They have done much of the heavy lifting this season and not only are we losing reliability in Wijnaldum but also Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain are even further down the list in terms of how much the manager trusts them. Next season the only players in midfield in their 20's that he trusts would be Jones and Fabinho. 5 options for our 3 man midfield is not enough.

Good point. We do need another with Wijnaldum going.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2881 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:55 am »
Oh no I absolutely don't trust them to reinvest it properly and like has been said, the looming stadium debt is all the more damaging having not been paid down for around 18 months now - devastating in terms of the interest growing on it. No NFL either, so what was likely seen as a consistent money spinner has spun nothing but into an out of control debt.

Out of all of the PL's top six, you could argue that the direct economic affects of the pandemic have hurt Spurs the worst. And would Kane even have stayed had they won the league cup? It's not got much prestige any more, it's not the title or a European trophy.

It is probably more likely Spurs sign a couple of mid priced players and then sink the rest of the fee into their debt. I'd also echo the shout that they won't get £150m for him. Proven goalscorer, high quality player but on the wrong side of some debilitating injuries (and a reoccurring one at that) and definitely on the wrong side of the developmental curve for a striker. You'd need to hope he had Lewandowski-style longevity and productivity at that price and it would be ridiculous to gamble on that. I think he stays because no one will pay more than £100m - £120m.

He'll then be disaffected and sullen all next season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: May 18, 2021, 12:51:12 pm »
Fair play to Walcott upgrading clubs at the age of 32.

Is he really 32? Wasn't it yesterday he was travelling with the England squad as a 17-year-old the World Cup?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: May 18, 2021, 02:28:12 pm »
That’s an over pay on the fee
;D

Theres something almost reassuring at seeing him in an opposing team

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: May 18, 2021, 03:45:16 pm »
Kanes a United player, utter twattish Tory, suits them down to the ground

Hope they buy him for £100m and he does his ankle during the first game of the season.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:38 pm »
After 8 years under contract at Chelsea, Marco van Ginkel is finally a free agent. He has played a total of 4 games for Chelsea ...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: May 19, 2021, 11:27:25 am »
If City are really interested in Kane and he's desperate to win trophies, then Manutd are out. He could end up at Manutd only if City wants Haland instead
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2890 on: May 19, 2021, 11:38:46 am »
After 8 years under contract at Chelsea, Marco van Ginkel is finally a free agent. He has played a total of 4 games for Chelsea ...

He ain't no Carlos Kaiser.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2891 on: May 19, 2021, 02:28:06 pm »
He ain't no Carlos Kaiser.
Haha, remember reading his story a couple of years back. Just noticed there’s been a film made about him, might have to find that somewhere.
AHA!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: May 19, 2021, 02:50:07 pm »
If City are really interested in Kane and he's desperate to win trophies, then Manutd are out. He could end up at Manutd only if City wants Haland instead

Getting Kane (or Haaland) would be very weird for Man City. They do spend a fortune on transfers, but their record signing is still Rodri at £63 million ...

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: May 19, 2021, 04:03:21 pm »
Leicester are close to signing Soumare from Lille for an initial £15m according to the Telegraph, which might turn out to be one of the deals of the summer.

They’re after Bertrand on a free as well so Rodgers might finally get the LB he’s always wanted.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2894 on: May 19, 2021, 04:08:50 pm »
Leicester are close to signing Soumare from Lille for an initial £15m according to the Telegraph, which might turn out to be one of the deals of the summer.

They’re after Bertrand on a free as well so Rodgers might finally get the LB he’s always wanted.

With 12 months left on his contract, Soumare's price was always going to be decent, especially in this market. As for Bertrand, he would probably do well in their setup ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: May 19, 2021, 04:21:09 pm »
I thought Leicester were signing Robin Gosens for LB? Bertrand surely not good enough to be a starter for them...

Telegraph saying United looking at Danny Ings, who only has a year left on his Southampton deal.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2896 on: May 19, 2021, 04:32:59 pm »
Telegraph saying United looking at Danny Ings, who only has a year left on his Southampton deal.

Let's assume that the interest is genuine that would potentially indicate they'd rather go for a cheaper option than Kane. Maybe for once they're trying to lower expectationsm But still how many wide forwards and strikers do they want/need?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: May 19, 2021, 04:46:37 pm »
I thought Leicester were signing Robin Gosens for LB? Bertrand surely not good enough to be a starter for them...

They also have Pereira, Castagne, Justin and Thomas for the fullback positions, so Bertrand will probably be just a stop-gap experienced signing replacing Fuchs on the squad ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: May 19, 2021, 05:11:07 pm »
I see that New York City FC has signed Talles Magno, a Brazilian who was (probably falsely) linked with a move here last summer. Probably one to watch, as you'd expect he'll make the move to Man City if he does well in the US.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: May 19, 2021, 05:26:58 pm »

We have a decent sell on for Ings don't we- is it 20%? Could net us a good chunk with how United throw money about
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:28:39 pm by cdav »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: May 19, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
Getting Kane (or Haaland) would be very weird for Man City. They do spend a fortune on transfers, but their record signing is still Rodri at £63 million ...

With Aguero leaving, they definitely need a striker. Don't watch them too often, I'm assuming that Torres guy hasn't hit the ground running for them
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: May 19, 2021, 05:53:16 pm »
With Aguero leaving, they definitely need a striker. Don't watch them too often, I'm assuming that Torres guy hasn't hit the ground running for them

Oh, they will be signing a striker, I just can't see them doubling their record transfer fee in order to get Kane or Haaland. They will sign someone for £70-80 million, and still claim that other clubs pay higher transfer fees ...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 08:06:49 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2902 on: May 19, 2021, 05:54:27 pm »
Rodgers love Bertrand doesn't he. He might have coached him at Chelsea academy. We were linked heavily with him, when Rodgers was around.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: May 19, 2021, 06:52:01 pm »
Rodgers love Bertrand doesn't he. He might have coached him at Chelsea academy. We were linked heavily with him, when Rodgers was around.

Ironically the entire fanbase was against his signing and claimed Moreno was a master stroke after his goal away at Tottenham  ;D

He’s been good for Southampton, think he picked up an injury last season though? Be a good squad option for Leicester/Arsenal. Hell I’d take him here if Tsimikas is a write off.

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2904 on: May 19, 2021, 07:10:29 pm »
They also have Pereira, Castagne, Justin and Thomas for the fullback positions, so Bertrand will probably be just a stop-gap experienced signing replacing Fuchs on the squad ...

So are you saying they are just signing him for Fuchs sake?  :wave
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2905 on: May 20, 2021, 07:59:13 am »
Haha, remember reading his story a couple of years back. Just noticed there’s been a film made about him, might have to find that somewhere.

He doesn't make an appearance in it.  ;)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2906 on: May 20, 2021, 08:02:21 am »
Oh, they will be signing a striker, I just can't see them doubling their record transfer fee in order to get Kane or Haaland. They will sign someone for £70-80 million, and still claim that other clubs pay higher transfer fees ...

Andre Silva seems likely to me.

Through no kind of evidence at all.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2907 on: May 20, 2021, 08:49:36 am »
Andre Silva seems likely to me.

Through no kind of evidence at all.
Stylistically is makes sense, he would hoover up all the cut backs and has the Aguero-ability to keep the ball closely controlled in a crowded area. He’d also cost in line with their typical price bracket for signings, which would allow them to pedal their nonsense about not ever paying the truly top fees for players.

I genuinely can’t see them spending £100m+ on Haaland or Kane. It’ll be Silva, or they’ll surprise a few and bring someone in who’s younger and allow Jesus more minutes as the main man. I can’t see them being interested in Lukaku either.

Silva or Lautaro. Lautaro has said he’ll be at Inter next season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:09 pm »
Ironically the entire fanbase was against his signing and claimed Moreno was a master stroke after his goal away at Tottenham  ;D

He’s been good for Southampton, think he picked up an injury last season though? Be a good squad option for Leicester/Arsenal. Hell I’d take him here if Tsimikas is a write off.

To be fair, while Moreno wasn't that good, Bertrand wouldn't have been that good an option either. He's an average FB where Soton is about his level, or Leicester squad player.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: May 20, 2021, 12:41:29 pm »
Kane's intentions are very clear, judging from the interview he did with Neville on Sky today:

In an interview with Gary Neville on The Overlap, Kane was asked whether he had a crossroads moment coming up at Tottenham.

The England striker replied: “I think so. I think it’s definitely a conversation to be had with the club. Yeah, like you say, I want to be playing in the biggest games.

“The biggest moments… I hope that we can have that conversation.

“I’m sure that [chief executive Daniel Levy] will want to set out the plan of where he sees it but ultimately it’s going to be down to me and how I feel and what’s going to be the best for me and my career this moment in time.

And also this:

'I don't know, I mean he might want to sell me. He might be thinking "If I could get £100m for you, then why not?" Do you know what I mean? I'm not going to be worth that for the next 2 or 3 years.'
All very polite so far, but I reckon he's ready to burn some bridges if Levy doesn't stick to their apparent gentleman's agreement.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2910 on: May 20, 2021, 01:39:14 pm »
Spend £100m+ on me this summer, but just realize I won't be worth it 2-3 years down the road is a great sales pitch for a record breaking transfer

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: May 20, 2021, 02:32:50 pm »
"I’m sure that [chief executive Daniel Levy] will want to set out the plan of where he sees it but ultimately it’s going to be down to me and how I feel and what’s going to be the best for me and my career this moment in time."

I think he's in for a bit of a shock.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: May 20, 2021, 03:55:14 pm »
Quite bold of him to come out and say that, wouldn’t put it past Levy to keep him out of spite and to show ‘who’s boss’.

Either way it’s going to be the saga of the summer isn’t it, and no doubt a sideshow to England’s Euro campaign. Levy won’t sell cheap, remains to be seen if the likes of City and Utd are prepared to pay £120m for a single player. Fingers crossed they both spend all summer chasing him to the detriment of other plans and then Levy turns round in the last week of the window and tells them both to fuck off.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: May 20, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »
@indykaila
Breaking:
@ChelseaFC have submitted transfer package to @SpursOfficial

Timo Werner and Timmy Abraham plus £10m

For in exchange for
@HKane

The news is exclusively from our trusted sources at #CFC

#THFC board to discuss options on Monday 24th May.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2914 on: May 20, 2021, 04:31:58 pm »
No they haven't  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2915 on: May 20, 2021, 04:32:28 pm »
Timmy Abraham :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:14 pm »
To paraphrase John Henry, what do they put in the gravy over there at KFC?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2917 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:50 pm »
Timmy Abraham :D

I’m fairly certain Tammy does genuinely have a brother called Timmy so it ‘might’ be true.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: May 20, 2021, 04:38:57 pm »
@indykaila
Breaking:
@ChelseaFC have submitted transfer package to @SpursOfficial

Timo Werner and Timmy Abraham plus £10m

For in exchange for
@HKane

The news is exclusively from our trusted sources at #CFC

#THFC board to discuss options on Monday 24th May.
IndyKaila hahahaha

WTF man using KFC's finest for transfer news.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2919 on: May 20, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
I'm choosing to believe that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.