Author Topic: Thank you RAWK for not panicking!  (Read 2551 times)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
Thank you RAWK for not panicking!
« on: October 5, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »
It's refreshing to see the support for the squad and what BR is trying to do.  We lost a game we absolutely should have won, and for the most part I am seeing thoughtful posts.  There are criticisms, but most seem to be valid and from people who actually watched the game.  ;)

There are A LOT more positives than negatives with LFC right now!
« Last Edit: October 5, 2012, 02:17:04 pm by The 92A »
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Thank you RAWK for not melting down!
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »
You're welcome. Happy to do my part. Again you're welcome.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2012, 02:09:50 pm »
If our previous manager didnt happen to be our biggest legend over whose sacking many posters here still feel overly aggrieved there wouldnt be much negativism if at all.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »
It's refreshing to see the support for the squad and what BR is trying to do.  We lost a game we absolutely should have won, and for the most part I am seeing thoughtful posts.  There are criticisms, but most seem to be valid and from people who actually watched the game.  ;)

There are A LOT more positives than negatives with LFC right now!

We can all see what Rodgers is trying to do. his challenge is getting all the players to do it. For a period in the second half yesterday too many didn't.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Thank you RAWK for not panicking!
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2012, 02:31:59 pm »
This season, if we finish above tenth, I'll be happy. If we finish in a European spot I'll be very happy.

After all of the off field shit and shenanigans over the last four or five years, we now find ourselves at year 1.

It's the dawning of a new age, with a new manager, new ideas, and a new way of doing things.

very much like Shankly in his first year, a manager has come in to the club and decided he want the team to play in his image.

This season will be a bit of a rocky one, I feel, with some blindingly good performances,  some woeful ones, and pretty much everything in between.

As long as by the end of the season we're getting back on an even keel, and can see improvements, then we just have to be patient. Very much like when Rafa first arrived. It didn't all go to his plan, but you could see the method in his madness, and over time, you could see the improvement.
The same applies to Rodgers and our team.

What I've seen so far this season bodes very well. Yes we are a team in transition, but the systems that Rodgers is instilling in the team is admirable, and it can only get better.

Right now, we are playing some great possession football, albeight a bit possession for possessions sake, and at times not enough end product.  That will come with time, so we just have to be patient untill all of the pieces start to fall in to place.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »
Mildly depressing that we have to applaud people for not being knee-jerk dickheads.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2012, 02:34:17 pm »
welcome to the board BR!  ONLY MESSING MATE.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »
Give it a couple of weeks
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »
We'll get there, and when we do we will fuckin pimpin these hoes.

700 passes a game, 70% possesion, Luis Suarez Top scorer, Youth coming through the ranks to play for the first team.

Like a Boss
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
It's been a long time since we pass & move
It's been a long time since we did the Stroll
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back, let me get it back
mm-baby, where we come from
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Yes, it has

I guess I can wait a little bit longer.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »
We can all see what Rodgers is trying to do. his challenge is getting all the players to do it. For a period in the second half yesterday too many didn't.

But my glass is half full, and i say our first half was superb! great team performance!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2012, 03:23:11 pm »
smashing. Thanks for that and meantime the discussion can continue in the main board. :wave
Yep.