SF 1: child-in-time
10 (31.3%)
SF 2: red1977
9 (28.1%)
SF 2: Vivabobbygraham
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 26, 2023, 06:52:26 pm

Author Topic: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Semi Finals  (Read 939 times)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sly Sports Premier League draft - Semi Finals
« on: November 25, 2023, 06:52:26 pm »
Welcome to the world of Sly Sports where all football before 1992 does not exist.

This is a Premier League era draft, so please only judge players on their appearances in the Premier League from 1992 to present day. Any form outside of the league or in any other eras is not relevant. Subs were just for fun and not to be seriously counted in the vote -

_____________________________________________________Semi Final 1_______________________________________________________

Tubby                                       V                                           child-in-time

Subs: D. Traore, Ketsbaia, Kanu                                              Subs: F. Sinclair, Ruben Neves, Yorke

____________________________________________________Semi Final 2________________________________________________________

red1977                                                   V                                          Vivabobbygraham   

Subs: R. Huth, E. Berkovic, M. Viduka                                                                        Subs: V. Moses, L. Sane, Titi Camara                                                 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Semi Finals
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 09:04:36 pm »
C.I.T & Bobby

Bobby team strongest left

how on earth did Cahill end up in the semi's?

Last time i looked I was 5 up as well, should have never mentioned Trend and his wives ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 09:09:19 pm »
C.I.T & Bobby

Bobby team strongest left

how on earth did Cahill end up in the semi's?

Last time i looked I was 5 up as well, should have never mentioned Trend and his wives ;D

See quarter final draft comments...

Cheers Robbie
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 09:11:01 pm »
I think tubs would need more than 3 subs for the crocks on the pitch

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 09:46:11 pm »
I think tubs would need more than 3 subs for the crocks on the pitch

Pires - Cahill - Salah.

What a triumvirate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 11:11:20 am »
The cabal are working overtime

:lmao :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 11:23:41 am »
Without knowing any score I voted for child and red. Sorry Tubby and Bobby!

Child over Tubby was easy enough I think. The other game was very tight. Bobby probably unlucky because Kane is arguably the best goal scorer the PL has seen (behind Shearer) but just not overly popular. Both midfields look very strong. I would have Vieira in an all time PL XI though which game Red the edge. I also think his defence and keeper are a touch stronger (more than that with the GK if we’re being honest).

Sorry Bobby. I did give it some thought and tried to be fair. :D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 02:07:28 pm »
Without knowing any score I voted for child and red. Sorry Tubby and Bobby!

Child over Tubby was easy enough I think. The other game was very tight. Bobby probably unlucky because Kane is arguably the best goal scorer the PL has seen (behind Shearer) but just not overly popular. Both midfields look very strong. I would have Vieira in an all time PL XI though which game Red the edge. I also think his defence and keeper are a touch stronger (more than that with the GK if we’re being honest).

Sorry Bobby. I did give it some thought and tried to be fair. :D

Very fair, mate, red has a really good team as it should be in a semi final. I can't vote for a team with Di Canio in for many reasons not just him being a fascist c*nt. Coutinho and Modric would have given any right back nightmares down their side and Vieira would have been the only cover to double up on that side as Scholes and Erikson were poor going the other way. Robben and Odegaard would have poured in on Robbo with no cover, drawing Kompany over, leaving Sir Harry
who would have had a field day one on one with Melberg. Makelele was a beast and in front of a really solid back four, Radebe, in particular, is criminally underated and who could forget Albert against United and the Schmeichal lob, would keep me compact. Van Nistelroy would be a problem but wouldn't have to worry about Di Canio who for me, was no great shakes. Tight game but Kane would be the difference as he was on many occasion for Spurs.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 06:58:39 pm »
Well in, red and c-i-t. Should be a cracking final

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 07:02:41 pm »
Well in, red and c-i-t. Should be a cracking final

Cheers Bobby. Thought it could have easily gone your way mate. Good side well picked. Well done both in the other match, another very close one to call.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 07:16:49 pm »
Cheers Bobby. Thought it could have easily gone your way mate. Good side well picked. Well done both in the other match, another very close one to call.

I really enjoyed the draft, mate. My most enjoyable in fact. All the best for the final