Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 11107 times)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2024, 11:32:15 am »
I have spent too long looking for pictures of my favourite footballers wearing 19 :)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2024, 11:32:39 am »
Here's one of Barnes wearing the no19 on his shorts

surfer, thank me later if that works  :P

Used a player for a different position, thanks anyway.  :thumbup

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2024, 11:34:19 am »
We will pause the draft here while we wait on Red1977 to catch up with Iniesta-gate. Don't want him to fall further behind if he does end up needing to replace him (though he's also available in several other categories).
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2024, 11:38:56 am »
Used a player for a different position, thanks anyway.  :thumbup

Ha, I was just going to post this one  ;D

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2024, 11:39:57 am »
OK HALTT!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2024, 11:40:27 am »
That's great man, surely that qualifies Betty.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2024, 11:45:34 am »
Ha, I was just going to post this one  ;D

That's the one. Very impressive research, I must say. I couldn't find anything. Surfer has the option to change his picks around if he still wants to. If he ends up knocking you out of the draft because of this find then it's your own fault.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2024, 11:47:14 am »
Changed it. Thank you child-in-time, much obliged.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2024, 11:49:14 am »
That's great man, surely that qualifies Betty.

It does. You're lucky that CIT is a generous guy. Most others would save this research for themselves. Hopefully he's not made any enemies amongst other drafters who might have been holding this pick.

I'm rather annoyed though, because I'd have picked him had he given me the research  :(

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2024, 11:50:56 am »
You're welcome to change both your picks since they were interrupted by the way. Not sure you want two left wingers now!

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2024, 11:54:00 am »
To me, Barnes "belonged" to surfer or nobody else anyway as he picked him first. It'd have been a shame to rule it out on a technicality.  :wave
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2024, 11:55:14 am »
Well others could have been about to pick him, so I dont' agree with helping others to that level.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2024, 11:58:02 am »
That's alright Betty, I like Del Piero at  no 10 too.

Just for discussion's sake, why can't drafters vidcap from matches? In case there are other drafters who spot a player they know used the shirt, but just can't find pics on Google images.
Historical matches you can find in full fairly easily.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2024, 12:06:26 pm »
To me, Barnes "belonged" to surfer or nobody else anyway as he picked him first. It'd have been a shame to rule it out on a technicality.  :wave

Well, I know for next time to get you on the case if I need a picture found. It's surprising to see anyone play the good samaritanin drafts  ;D

Well others could have been about to pick him, so I dont' agree with helping others to that level.

Yes, that's definitely a fair point. He was clearly there to be found and both myself and Surfer failed at it. There may have been someone else waiting to pick him who hadn't. Who knows.

The point of this draft is to challenge you all though. That's why the categories are here and it's not a free for all. Just plonking a name down on a page is easy, the satisfaction comes from unearthing a player through your own painstaking research.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2024, 12:07:30 pm »
any got an invite for IPTorrents? I need a few downloads ;)

love the levels we are going to with this draft

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2024, 12:08:43 pm »
That's alright Betty, I like Del Piero at  no 10 too.

Just for discussion's sake, why can't drafters vidcap from matches? In case there are other drafters who spot a player they know used the shirt, but just can't find pics on Google images.
Historical matches you can find in full fairly easily.

Because (tying into my comment above) it would be too easy. The research is what makes these drafts. Hunting down those player shirt numbers via Google images is half of the game.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2024, 12:15:05 pm »
any got an invite for IPTorrents? I need a few downloads ;)

love the levels we are going to with this draft

Sitting here with about 10 tabs open on my work computer. Just hope my boss doesn't clock some of them.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2024, 12:15:35 pm »

Yes, that's definitely a fair point. He was clearly there to be found and both myself and Surfer failed at it. There may have been someone else waiting to pick him who hadn't. Who knows.

and me, tried my best to find that picture, but was about to drop this beauty for my next pick :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eft2I4gx7EM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eft2I4gx7EM</a>

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2024, 12:25:49 pm »
and me, tried my best to find that picture, but was about to drop this beauty for my next pick :D

Ouch. Well now we know CIT has made at least one enemy   :-X

I would have gone with this classic though

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ijHnkF3RLcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ijHnkF3RLcM</a>

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2024, 12:54:46 pm »
Red still not about, so I think I'm just going to make a judgement call of no shirt messages in Cat. 6 the iconic celebration

I think there are a few that I'd call iconic, but the problem is differentiating them from those that aren't. So really you either allow all of them or none of them. Which would mean ones like these (and many others I won't post because they're viable picks) would be valid -

If people feel strongly for allowing shirt messages in this category then speak up now or they're out.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2024, 01:25:36 pm »
All subjective, Iniesta's to me was iconic, as was the Ian Wright one above. Berbatov or whoever that Arsenal player is at the bottom not so much.

I think Iniesta's should be allowed but not all shirt related celebrations should be.

In short, it's all subjective so I'm not sure what should be done.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2024, 01:25:53 pm »
Who the fuck would know Roberto Carlos managed and played for Delhi you fuckin' shitbags?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2024, 01:36:17 pm »
All subjective, Iniesta's to me was iconic, as was the Ian Wright one above. Berbatov or whoever that Arsenal player is at the bottom not so much.

I think Iniesta's should be allowed but not all shirt related celebrations should be.

In short, it's all subjective so I'm not sure what should be done.

That's the issue for me and why I think it's easier all round if it's all or nothing.

I wanted to keep the category wording as short as possible, but in hindsight I should have added some more clarity on this one and others. Because like you say it's very subjective. Personally, I think with shirt celebrations in it makes the category far far too easy and that's not particularly fun IMO.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2024, 01:52:57 pm »
Having thought on it, and considering I hadn't laid this out before we started, Iniesta's celebration and some* shirt messages will be accepted. But I'll be pretty strict on what passes. Empty platitudes about supporting causes we know millionaire rich footballers don't give a toss about will be denied. Feel free to PM me queries or throw it in the open when you pick and we can decide. 

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2024, 02:18:34 pm »
Who the fuck would know Roberto Carlos managed and played for Delhi you fuckin' shitbags?

I knew he managed a few teams so checked out and luckily stumbled on his Delhi career  ;D

For the shirt messages, he wont get picked but a former red who played under Klopp revealed a shirt message in a big game for his former team which definitely is known as iconic so I think it's best that *some* shirt messages will pass the test going forward.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2024, 02:28:20 pm »
Does revealing sponsored underwear during the Euros count as an iconic celebration?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2024, 02:29:07 pm »
We will pause the draft here while we wait on Red1977 to catch up with Iniesta-gate. Don't want him to fall further behind if he does end up needing to replace him (though he's also available in several other categories).

I got it from fourfourtwo magazines most iconic goals celebrations of all time.. With it coming in at number 8. And as it is the winning goal in a world cup final, I thought it would be fine.

link here: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/the-most-iconic-goal-celebrations

Let me know if I need to change it.

Edit, just seen your post above betts. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:34:40 pm by red1977 »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2024, 03:08:48 pm »
Sorry for vanishing. I'm sick at home at the minute as I mentioned before. Thought I was mostly fine, but just threw up suddenly. Need a little to get my bearings and then I'll pick so we can move on.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2024, 03:29:53 pm »
Take care.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2024, 03:33:31 pm »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #270 on: March 21, 2024, 03:49:45 pm »
I got it from fourfourtwo magazines most iconic goals celebrations of all time.. With it coming in at number 8. And as it is the winning goal in a world cup final, I thought it would be fine.

link here: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/the-most-iconic-goal-celebrations

Let me know if I need to change it.

Edit, just seen your post above betts. Thanks.

Yep, all good. I was a bit sleepy this morning when it came up, but thinking on it more it's actually one of the few times when a shirt message has been truly meaningful. So Iniesta 100% qualifies. No greys.

I think the disconnect is because I used an old draft in the category wording. I'd meant to move away from the word 'iconic' and focus more on it being memorable, wild, passionate, off the wall etc in the way that Klopp celebrations are. Because this is meant as a tribute to him of course. I tried to clarify that a bit further back in here, but probably people missed it. But we're where we are now. So Iconic is good if it's truly memorable. I think all the ones thus far are. Even if I hate Bale's stupid heart haha

Not sure how memorable many of those on that list are, but there are some good ones too. Just don't pick a boring one. Probably I'm biased towards all Liverpool ones too  :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:23:27 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2024, 06:29:31 pm »
I am here now am I up?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2024, 06:29:40 pm »
If I’m correct I can pick at 20:00 providing we have no further movement?

Zanetti was my next pick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #273 on: March 21, 2024, 06:33:04 pm »
If I’m correct I can pick at 20:00 providing we have no further movement?

Zanetti was my next pick.

Nope. We never multi-skip people. Lastrador is awol, so Hazell wasn't PMed. Which means it's still his go until he is notified and then the 2 hours clock starts from there.

Sorry I've not been keeping on top of picks. I'm feeling awful. Probably going to turn in for the night. So if you guys can keep the list updated and everything flowing that would be great.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2024, 06:39:36 pm »
get some rest BB, get better and don't worry, we can look after ourselves for one night...........

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2024, 06:42:40 pm »
Next Lastrador (times up)
then Hazell will pm now so will have till 8.45pm or from when Lastrador posts if before
then Draex

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2024, 06:42:44 pm »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #277 on: March 21, 2024, 06:49:22 pm »
Thanks lads. I trust you all to enjoy fighting amongst yourselves about what constitutes blond hair while I'm gone  :D

Have one small rule tweak to throw out there too. But nothing too crazy. Just some added fun. Will post later if I have the energy.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2024, 06:55:04 pm »
Thanks lads. I trust you all to enjoy fighting amongst yourselves about what constitutes blond hair while I'm gone  :D

Have one small rule tweak to throw out there too. But nothing too crazy. Just some added fun. Will post later if I have the energy.

We urgently break to Samie in Profs kitchen..

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #279 on: March 21, 2024, 06:59:14 pm »
I have picked Effenberg and Nedved to counter the lack of actual blonde picks. Rest easy Betts.