Author Topic: Real Madrid v Liverpool - UEFA Champions League R16 Second Leg, 15 March 2023  (Read 18216 times)

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Trent’s never played in midfield

Played midfield for a good deal of his youth career, which is obviously very different from playing it in a Champions League game against Real Madrid, but I thought this was common knowledge.

Incidentally, it happens to be the case with a lot of top full-backs. There's a reason there's so many quick, technically gifted full-backs about who "can't defend" and it's usually because they were put there because they lacked the physicality to play midfield.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Gomez is fit, he should be at right-back....with maybe Trent in midfield ?
Not really having a go at you mate but what makes you think Trent can play in midfield? I don’t understand the shouts to move him to midfield when he’s never shown in his career that he can play there. Maybe Jurgen and the coaches that see him day in and day out would have already moved him there if they thought he could do a job for us.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Might as well throw caution to the wind.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Think Gakpo will play a similar role to Elliott's and not as a pure 10.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have you seen us this season :lmao we’ve been in danger of being completely ran through in each and every game

Moreso than ever tonight though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good luck Reds. Nothing silly and let’s see what happens. Feels improbable but if we go out, hope it’s like that mad Chelsea game from 2009 where we make them shit their pants along the way.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
I think well defend with a 433 or 451 like normal, with Gakpo as 8. In attack, gakpo will have more freedom, than Milner, like Harvey gets as CM.
Milner will focus on helping Trent in defense

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Yup, but from the left

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Doubters to Believers.

Come on Jurgen.  :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
So a midfield of somebody who moves like a 46 year old and another who is.

Interesting……….

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Maybe for England, but not for Liverpool.
He has - he played right-midfield in 4 games in 2017 & 2018.........ok, not many but he has played there.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Best time to score the first one would be like the mancs game, just before half time we're 1-0 up.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Not really having a go at you mate but what makes you think Trent can play in midfield? I don’t understand the shouts to move him to midfield when he’s never shown in his career that he can play there. Maybe Jurgen and the coaches that see him day in and day out would have already moved him there if they thought he could do a job for us.
He has played there - but, yeah it was a bit of a wild call (I did put a question mark after it) but, given the paucity of midfielders available to us, worth a go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:29:41 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Yep. Same role against Bournemouth.

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
Remember the Alamo
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Since coming into the team in 2017, he hasn't played a single minute in midfield. Why would we throw him in at the Bernabeu?

He may not start on a sheet of paper in midfield, his role however takes him into those spaces to impact the game on the ball.

He also has spent many many years in the youth teams being taught and playing specifically on the team sheet in midfield.

I'd have used today as an opportunity to explore playing Trent in midfield, he has so much quality on the ball - it's perfectly reasonable to believe he can impact the game from that position on the pitch. His range and ability of passing could quite conceivably translate into a playing making role in that space.

It would also help answer the question and put to bed whether he would be capable or not too.

In a game which we're not expected to win by most, a game where playing Gomez at right back who would almost certainly be more suited to protecting Vinicius in that space. A game where we have bugger all midfielders to choose from.

I'd have given it a go.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That midfield.
Where did it all go wrong?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting calls from Klopp thinking we had enough midfielders when he clearly didn’t think Keita or Ox were actually up to it. Can’t even get a game when we have no midfielders fit.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
He may not start on a sheet of paper in midfield, his role however takes him into those spaces to impact the game on the ball.

He also has spent many many years in the youth teams being taught and playing specifically on the team sheet in midfield.

I'd have used today as an opportunity to explore playing Trent in midfield, he has so much quality on the ball - it's perfectly reasonable to believe he can impact the game from that position on the pitch. His range and ability of passing could quite conceivably translate into a playing making role in that space.

It would also help answer the question and put to bed whether he would be capable or not too.

In a game which we're not expected to win by most, a game where playing Gomez at right back who would almost certainly be more suited to protecting Vinicius in that space. A game where we have bugger all midfielders to choose from.

I'd have given it a go.
Yep - explains it better than I could.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Remember the Alamo

We're the Mexicans right?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Remember the Alamo
we've rented Millie a car to boost his ability to track Vini?  good idea, that.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
we've rented Millie a car to boost his ability to track Vini?  good idea, that.
;D

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheeky fucking twat that lfctv guy!

Showing pictures of Liverpool fans saying "these fans will get to watch European royalty tonight". 

They watch European royalty every fucking week, they don't need to be in Madrid to do it 😡

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets take the fight to them, we have nothing to lose her tonight.
Unlikely we can win the tie but it would be good to win the game.

Anything is possible so lets have a go.
Give our travelling fans a night to remember.

0-3 and taking it to pens would be a cracker.

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
Klopp's got it right here btw. We're never winning a midfield battle against these (we don't win it against lower end Prem teams) so the only solution is to bypass the midfield and get the ball directly to the forwards.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Kinda get the Trent MF calls but Vinicius would have eaten Gomez alive.

He plays refs constantly and Gomez has that Skrtel like attitude to 50/50s where he wants to make it a physical battle then starts fouling as his man just goes to ground when he pressures them

Offline HARD AS HELL

• Main Stander
  • Hitachi
You can't win with some of you lot in here. Fucking moaning about formations and midfield, blah blah, fucking blah. 

That's the team, that's the midfield. Jurgen is hardly blessed with options. Just embrace the situation and get behind the team with positivity.

I know - how dare people discuss football on a football forum?
Close the whole thing down I say.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational

Showing pictures of Liverpool fans saying "these fans will get to watch European royalty tonight". 

They watch European royalty every fucking week, they don't need to be in Madrid to do it 😡

I’m sure the implication will have been both teams
Believer

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen the team. Interesting
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f

I'd have given it a go.
Rather give Gakpo the chance in midfield.
On a good day Trent is the best attacking full back in the world, which is exactly what we need for a miracle

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
I think we’ll win it tonight but I don’t think it’ll be enough sadly as we are bound to concede too

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No one should be pissed off here or t half time .we're not expected to win the tie, this is a free hit.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
Cmon Redmen

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Free hit here. I have no expectations. Be nice to get a result after Bournemouth.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Was it Warnock? >:(  ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Milner huh. Yup.

I'm just going to sit here with my fingers over my eyes, peering out occassionally, ignore me...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Who knows how tonight is gonna go. We have a weaker lineup than the one from the first leg.

We'll need more than 1 miracle tonight.