Author Topic: Marvel's Spider-Man 2(PS5)  (Read 1925 times)

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Marvel's Spider-Man 2(PS5)
« on: October 20, 2023, 10:02:39 pm »
Obviously came out today, but anyone playing? Started playing it and like the others it's super fun to play and very impressive to see the talented Insomniac Games take advantage of the PS5 bell and whistles.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel's Spider-Man 2(PS5)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 10:29:50 pm »
Played a few hours of it. Story is starting to cook nicely, and the gameplay is as fun as it's always been. Nothing too innovative yet, very much in the "more of the same" category with the previous 2 games, but that's not necessarily a bad thing when the previous 2 games were both excellent. Insomniac continue to make my jaw drop with some of the action set pieces on display here.

Only bummer so far is Fast Travel being locked behind side activities and busywork. With the amount of districts to complete, it's going to take a fair amount of graft to freely go anywhere in the city.

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 12:06:14 am »
I'm about an hour in so far, had a lot of fun gameplay wise but had to do a fair bit of tinkering for the right graphics setting.

Currently on the night shift so don't think I'll get a good run on it till Sunday.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 12:09:42 pm »
Having an absolute blast with it so far. The opening is just a fantastic way of getting into the game.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 10:34:48 pm »
Couple of hours in and it's fantastic. The action set pieces are unbelievable. Love the new gadgets and abilities, particularly the wingsuit which is amazing fun

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 11:07:24 pm »
Managed to lose about four hours to it tonight just doing various side missions as well as the odd main one

Good, isn’t it

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2023, 11:10:44 am »
The MJ section slowing the game down to a crawl again
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2023, 03:34:26 pm »
The MJ section slowing the game down to a crawl again

Oh no is there an MJ mission? How far in?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2023, 04:27:14 pm »
Oh no is there an MJ mission? How far in?

It's the 16th main mission (out of 31)

Edit: Or maybe 15th? Either way about half way through

I'd suggest doing some of the side missions though. Upgrading your tech is super essential if you don't want to keep dying all the time
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 04:29:37 pm by ScouserAtHeart »

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023, 05:20:31 pm »
I actually didn’t hate the (first?) MJ mission

And man the game really kicks up a notch after it

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 04:25:41 am »
 A question for you. I'm big on long single-player games, like FF's or The Witcher. I've heard however that this game's main story is only 15 hours long. I understand there are side missions that can push the duration longer, but would you still recommend this for me?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 10:58:51 am »
Depending on the difficulty levels I'd say it's closer to 20 hours for the main campaign and about 10 more for the side missions (some of which are actually pretty entertaining and have a story). So about 30 hours of gameplay is pretty decent I'd say

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 11:46:33 pm »
A question for you. I'm big on long single-player games, like FF's or The Witcher. I've heard however that this game's main story is only 15 hours long. I understand there are side missions that can push the duration longer, but would you still recommend this for me?

Have you played the previous 2? But I'd very much recommend it, like previously mentioned if you do everything you'll get like probably 30 hours out of it and it's like 30 quality hours.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2023, 05:03:21 am »
Have not played the previous two no, but I'll trust you both on 30 or so quality hours and I'll buy this on the weekend!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2023, 06:26:41 am »
The game recaps what happened so you can catch up the story at least

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 09:52:16 am »
Though you really should play the first games, as they are superb

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2023, 01:55:00 pm »
Spoke to my 4-year-old Grandson on the phone earlier and told him I was going to buy the new Spiderman game soon, and he can have a go.   He shouts to his mum "Are we going to Grandad's today?"

I tell him,  I've not bought it yet mate.  But when I do, you can play it.

"Ok, Bye" and hung up

:lmao

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 08:42:24 pm »
I’m really enjoying it so far but new Peter looks a bit off (and walks - slowly - like he’s shat himself) and I’ve had quite a few bugs. Could use a patch.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 09:30:24 am »
Desperate to play it but holding off due to price. I know games are relatively good value compared to a ticket to the cinema, but struggle to justify £60 for a brand new game. I'll wait till I can get it for £55 and bite  :D

This game does look more of the same, in a good way. Can't imagine it being an evolution in the way Arkham City was after Arkham Asylum but that's probably to their credit as the first was a very complete Spidey experience. And you can't exactly just change the setting to keep it fresh, in the way the Batman games kept changing which parts of Gotham you could play in.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2023, 09:37:00 am »
There's plenty of new stuff added but the gameplay is very much more of the same for the first game. The map is twice as big now though as you can go across the East River to Brooklyn, Williamsburg etc, so there's alot more exploring to do.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2023, 12:56:07 pm »
The story in this is so good.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 02:23:14 pm »
I relented. Gameplay definitely feels more of the same, but the traversal is incredible especially once you upgrade it. Love the web wings, although I find I'm favouring it over web swinging for the most part.

Enjoying the story so far. Find the action a little tedious at points, it's slick but not particularly complex or anything.

Best bit so far for me (not from the main story, just a small side mission):

Spoiler
Flying Howard's pigeons to their new home, with a song playing over it. Honestly might have been my highlight across all three games. Zero action, just totally in the moment and then the emotional kicker when Howard doesn't answer his phone. Gorgeous stuff.

On the actual main plot, I've not long got the black suit and just snuck into Kraven's party. No real concept of where it's going, expecting a few twists and turns. I'm actually enjoying some of the interludes in the action - thought the MJ mission in the first game dragged but the stealth one here with her at the zoo trying to save Dr Connors was a welcome change of pace. Similar with Peter and Harry infiltrating their school as teenagers.

Also very clearly a Peter story despite Miles being a playable character, which I think is the right call.
[close]

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 1, 2023, 11:46:49 pm »
Got it on release day, completed it about 2 days ago, one of only 3 games i’ve ever platinumed as well.

Story was amazing, side quests were great and a definite improvement over the first game and Miles.

Loved how they’ve introduced new characters and set it up nicely for another game.

Only downside is the lack of NG+ (which is meant to be coming in december.,) so once I’d completed it, wasn’t anything to do bar sell it until they release some DLC.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 5, 2023, 12:23:52 pm »
Finished it last night. Great game! Would rate it a 9 out of 10.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 8, 2023, 02:34:42 pm »
Basically have it completed, bar finding the remaining Spider Bots to complete each district. Can’t believe New Game+ isn’t a day one feature, is that common?

Spoiler
Was really pleased they found a way to retain Pete’s Venom powers even after he’d got rid of the symbiote. Felt such a downgrade to go back to his normal powers so very welcome when he got them back via Mr Negative.

Curious to see where they go with it in the inevitable third game. Storywise you can see the direction - Green Goblin as the big villain, naturally. Plus Carnage and Chameleon, unless one of them is the focus of a DLC for this game. And presumably a third playable Spidey with the intro of Cindy Moon at the end who is apparently better known as Silk.

But more curious what they’d do to evolve the city and how you play. Do they just make it a full five boroughs thing? New York is so central to Spidey that you can’t imagine them putting him anywhere else.
[close]

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 8, 2023, 04:11:25 pm »
New Game+ for the last game also came in a couple months later I think

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2023, 03:14:35 pm »
Frustrated as I only have one trophy left to get* - stealth web line takedowns - but it's basically impossible to do once you've completed the main game. Surprised you can't even replay enemy bases, which you could in the original. It's fun flying around for 15 minutes and doing a couple of the random crimes but they could do with a bit more variety post main game.

*Technically two but the you the last trophy depends on getting all the others  :D

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2023, 06:23:28 pm »
Frustrated as I only have one trophy left to get* - stealth web line takedowns - but it's basically impossible to do once you've completed the main game. Surprised you can't even replay enemy bases, which you could in the original. It's fun flying around for 15 minutes and doing a couple of the random crimes but they could do with a bit more variety post main game.

*Technically two but the you the last trophy depends on getting all the others  :D

Do you have an earlier save state that you can replay on repeat? Think the game itself has some rolling ones which you could go back to?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2023, 06:25:40 pm »
I had to go onto my son’s save file to get that trophy too - also the last one I needed to platinum it

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2023, 06:41:56 pm »
Do you have an earlier save state that you can replay on repeat? Think the game itself has some rolling ones which you could go back to?

Annoyingly not, just looked there and all the earlier saves I have are from the epilogue after I've completed the main missions. Shame you can't go back and re-do the bases, seems an obvious one to prolong the gameplay a bit. The random crimes are fine but not exactly challenging.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2023, 09:37:05 am »

I had this issue but did 19 in about 3 crimes

Use Miles, go to crime, set up web-line, use perch takedown (preferably on two enemies at a time), go invisible, repeat

Might have to break line of sight sometimes as well, going invisible after being spotted is a bit inconsistent with regards to being able to do a takedown afterwards.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2023, 12:05:04 pm »
I had this issue but did 19 in about 3 crimes

Use Miles, go to crime, set up web-line, use perch takedown (preferably on two enemies at a time), go invisible, repeat

Might have to break line of sight sometimes as well, going invisible after being spotted is a bit inconsistent with regards to being able to do a takedown afterwards.

Nice - have done it now. Didn’t use Miles’ invisibility much in the game so almost forgot about it!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2023, 01:28:35 pm »
got a mission and "this is the last chance to upgrade resources until the end of the story"

Guess that's it then

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2023, 12:06:14 pm »
A massive leak of Insomniacs roadmap has came out: -

Marvel's Venom in 2025
Marvel's Wolverine in 2026
Marvel's Spider-Man 3 in 2028
Ratchet & Clank in 2029
Marvel's X-Men in 2030

There was also a cancelled Spider-Man multiplayer game called The Great Web which was in the same vein as GTA Online.

Crazy.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2023, 10:16:28 am »
A massive leak of Insomniacs roadmap has came out: -

Marvel's Venom in 2025
Marvel's Wolverine in 2026
Marvel's Spider-Man 3 in 2028
Ratchet & Clank in 2029
Marvel's X-Men in 2030

There was also a cancelled Spider-Man multiplayer game called The Great Web which was in the same vein as GTA Online.

Crazy.

The leak is absolutely crazy. Surely like the biggest in gaming at this point considering all sort of info is dropping from it.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2023, 01:00:28 pm »
Yes, bigger than the GTAV leak

I respect Sony for not paying em', fuck em

And in a way - this is hype. Not happy about the personal details of employees getting out, but you can see from the GTA6 trailer response that the leak hurt it none

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2023, 08:32:55 am »
Insane leak. People have managed to download playable versions of parts of Wolverine, which is probably two and a half years from releasing.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2023, 03:26:35 pm »
A shame there hard work was stolen.

As James Stevenson said on twitter.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 2, 2024, 08:48:34 pm »
Got the platinum trophy for this tonight. First game I’ve ever done that with.

Just great fun from start to finish and none of the trophies felt a real chore. I thought the side missions were generally good fun and side stories added something to it.

As in the previous games some of the MJ bits were probably less fun but never too long and later on one type of side mission was a bit of a chore, but it never got boring taking on Hunters and others with the various gadgets and skills you get.

Just a brilliant game overall and I hope the recent leaks don’t knock Insomniac back at all because we need more studios like them producing games of this quality, and also at a reasonable release rate!
"We come here for the winning!"

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 7, 2024, 04:24:32 pm »
New patch today which includes New Game+ and Mission Select (plus some new suits if you're so inclined).