Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373923 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5320 on: September 19, 2023, 09:16:58 am »
Spiderman 2 is sort of robbing that switching mechanic

I like it, you're only rarely forced to use it in GTAV, just seems a mechanic to keep the game going, or if you get bored in a certain area, plus ties into customisation

I am beyond done with GTAV though, roll on the next one

Find it interesting Rockstar went after that mod that uses ChatGPT for NPC chat. That sort of model is the future

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5321 on: September 19, 2023, 09:14:31 pm »
Yeah I loved the 3 protagonist format. Three distinct stories and then when they overlapped it was even better

But as someone said on the last page. there's been such a long wait between 5 and 6 that I fee apathetic to it now.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5322 on: November 8, 2023, 01:37:56 pm »
GTA 6 trailer coming next month

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5323 on: November 8, 2023, 07:52:58 pm »
Fuckin Rockstar spending years generating hype for an announcement of a trailer. Can't wait to play this on my PS8.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5324 on: November 8, 2023, 09:34:27 pm »
All this just for the game to be released in 2026. You'd think GTA is the greatest game ever made, judging by the hype online.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5325 on: November 9, 2023, 09:04:47 am »
All this just for the game to be released in 2026. You'd think GTA is the greatest game ever made, judging by the hype online.

GTAV came out just over ten years ago, it's pretty much in the top ten every month still. It's probably the most successful game ever made in terms of revenue. It's popularity must be unmatched so I'm not surprised at the hype.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5326 on: November 9, 2023, 09:52:52 am »
GTAV came out just over ten years ago, it's pretty much in the top ten every month still. It's probably the most successful game ever made in terms of revenue. It's popularity must be unmatched so I'm not surprised at the hype.

Yeah it's been an absolute juggernaut of a game! I'm amazed it's never really had any kind of competition. Saints Row maybe but that went in a different direction. A GTA game probably isn't too complicated to make neither, It's got a very basic core to the game. A nice open world to explore whilst driving fancy cars and shooting random people.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5327 on: November 9, 2023, 10:27:27 am »
Yeah it's been an absolute juggernaut of a game! I'm amazed it's never really had any kind of competition. Saints Row maybe but that went in a different direction. A GTA game probably isn't too complicated to make neither, It's got a very basic core to the game. A nice open world to explore whilst driving fancy cars and shooting random people.

GTA not complicated to make? You're kidding, right?   GTA V took 5 years to make, with 1000 people developing it and cost nearly a quarter of a billion USD.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5328 on: November 9, 2023, 10:38:35 am »
GTA not complicated to make? You're kidding, right?   GTA V took 5 years to make, with 1000 people developing it and cost nearly a quarter of a billion USD.

To be honest I meant more the idea of the game rather than the technical side. The storylines of the games are not overly complicated and the missions are generally very similar. GTA online for example, when they bring out new missions they are generally the same as all the others with just a different story. But I'm guessing GTA 6 will be a lot different.

I thought Sam Houser had left Rockstar but that tweet had his name on?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5329 on: November 9, 2023, 11:24:27 am »

It'll be out this time next year.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5330 on: November 9, 2023, 12:24:02 pm »

Just in time for the Annie Road to open

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5331 on: November 9, 2023, 12:55:11 pm »
To be honest I meant more the idea of the game rather than the technical side. The storylines of the games are not overly complicated and the missions are generally very similar. GTA online for example, when they bring out new missions they are generally the same as all the others with just a different story. But I'm guessing GTA 6 will be a lot different.

I thought Sam Houser had left Rockstar but that tweet had his name on?

To the best of my knowledge Dan Houser left and Sam's still there.  From what I can gather most of Rockstar's core writers are still there too. 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5332 on: November 9, 2023, 01:09:20 pm »

Guarantee they'll announce a Spring '24 release to push the team, knowing they'll delay it another 3-6 months for that extra Rockstar polish (pretty much what they do every time!).

For all the completely justified criticism of the GTA franchise over recent years, there isn't another franchise that gathers the hype and attention of a GTA release. Looking forward to seeing more in a few weeks. 

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5333 on: November 9, 2023, 01:12:44 pm »
The PC port won't be out for about 18 months after the console release anyway so fuck it.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5334 on: November 9, 2023, 01:24:43 pm »
The PC port won't be out for about 18 months after the console release anyway so fuck it.

And it'll probably be broken for another 18 months from what I've read about GTA V and Red Dead on PC!

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5335 on: November 9, 2023, 01:27:42 pm »
And it'll probably be broken for another 18 months from what I've read about GTA V and Red Dead on PC!

I can't remember at what point I got gta5 for the pc as it was so long ago, but I can't remember any issues with it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5336 on: November 9, 2023, 01:29:52 pm »
Guarantee they'll announce a Spring '24 release to push the team, knowing they'll delay it another 3-6 months for that extra Rockstar polish (pretty much what they do every time!).

For all the completely justified criticism of the GTA franchise over recent years, there isn't another franchise that gathers the hype and attention of a GTA release. Looking forward to seeing more in a few weeks.

Think Rockstar are planning to release GTA6 sometime during Autumn 24, [maybe November 24], then end up delaying it until Spring/Summer 25.
#Sausages

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5337 on: December 1, 2023, 09:17:13 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5338 on: December 2, 2023, 01:27:15 am »
I thought of getting a PS5 because of that but then I remembered that you've still got to pay for online so fuck it indeed.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5339 on: December 3, 2023, 06:12:50 pm »
I thought of getting a PS5 because of that but then I remembered that you've still got to pay for online so fuck it indeed.

On console you don't have the obnoxious rockstar launcher - anyone seen the captchas lately? One with choosing a "pair of dice" when it shows four dice; count the sides and then when you're on 4 tries out of 5, it'll say do it out of 20

I'd rather pay for online than do that in a game I'm loving

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5340 on: December 5, 2023, 07:31:51 am »

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5341 on: December 5, 2023, 07:56:43 am »
Yep, looks and feels like a GTA game. Which is all the first trailer is ever going to try and get across. Hadn’t really thought how Florida is the perfect setting for a game that is going to be hugely inspired by MAGA and modern day culture.

Excited for it, even if it’s probably 15/16 months away if not more.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5342 on: December 5, 2023, 08:10:40 am »
It looks amazing. The graphics are hugely improved even on RDR2. I hate that we're likely waiting another 18-24 months for it but I think it's going to be worth the wait.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5343 on: December 5, 2023, 10:07:13 am »
I hope there's a mission where you dress up as Mickey Mouse and simulate fucking Goofy in front of a bound and gagged Ron DeSantis. Then put him in the boot of a car and drive off it off the pier at Key West.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5344 on: December 5, 2023, 10:12:12 am »
I still haven't played GTA5 yet, it's been sat unopened for 4 years.

Might crack it out soon now this has reminded me of it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #5345 on: December 25, 2023, 05:39:17 am »
GTA5 for PS4 and PS5 free on PS plus right now
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5346 on: January 1, 2024, 02:06:55 pm »
I still haven't played GTA5 yet, it's been sat unopened for 4 years.

Might crack it out soon now this has reminded me of it.

I always wondered who, exactly, hasn't played this by now  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5347 on: January 1, 2024, 02:10:21 pm »
Been replaying it, it's fun but I think I'm going to get GTAIV which is on sale at the moment and play that instead
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.