Author Topic: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]  (Read 99172 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2016, 12:32:36 pm »
Yesterday in Italy we had the last two episodies... so today is the day for you guys, right ?

God Yes tonight!!

Please mate. DO NOT SPOIL IT. cheers :wave

I just cannot wait.  Will start to watch the France game and if its a dead rubber I'm fucking it off and getting on Gomorrah. :)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2016, 01:50:05 pm »
Been looking forward to tonight all week, going to be gutted when it's over!
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2016, 03:22:41 pm »
Been looking forward to tonight all week, going to be gutted when it's over!

We just have to try and forget that it exists until the new season starts next year. That's what I did after the previous series. Otherwise, it would just be unbearable, because pretty much nothing else measures up.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »
Sitting here waiting for the final episodes to get uploaded like a loser
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2016, 11:38:13 pm »
What an ending! Weird sort of ending that fitted.

Wonder what is in store for season 3!

Ciro - you love to hate him!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2016, 12:46:02 am »
What an ending! Weird sort of ending that fitted.

Wonder what is in store for season 3!

Ciro - you love to hate him!

Yep Agree

Final episodes spoiler below!!

Spoiler
Quite a different type of ending than season 1 which was nice to see. Still powerful but not as roof raising as the Genny shooting and Don Pietro prison van bust.

Think we all knew that one of the big 3 were not going to make it to season 3.  Gutted it had to Don Pietro.

As soon as Don Pietro had the young girl killed and then said to Genny "You will always be known as Don Pietro's Son and that's it", I knew he was doomed.

Patrizia to take control in season 3 I reckon while Genny continues his rise in Rome.  As for Ciro..fuck knows.

Superb 12 hours of telly, always sad when it ends especially in that way. I loved Don Pietro. :(

[close]

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2016, 02:14:16 am »
Holy fuck, what an ending.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2016, 02:21:06 am »
I will owe anyone who can provide me with a streaming link to the last episodes two a blood debt, I can't sleep with a lot on my mind and I'm craving those episodes like a addict!

Thank you in advance to anyone kind enough to help out!!

I'm hitting F5 more often than when we tracked Klopp's flight!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:23:48 am by Skagger »
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2016, 02:24:39 am »
Holy fuck, what an ending.

And comments like this aren't helping  ;D ;D
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2016, 02:39:08 am »
http://thewatchseries.to/gomorra/season-2

Torrents here - https://kat.cr/usearch/gomorra/?field=time_add&sorder=desc

You're a star pal, the stream link is blocked in the UK though, any chance you know a good free VPN so I can double down on the debt?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:37 am »
You're a star pal, the stream link is blocked in the UK though, any chance you know a good free VPN so I can double down on the debt?

Hola!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #332 on: June 16, 2016, 02:42:51 am »

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2016, 02:58:13 am »
Here is 11 http://allmyvideos.net/5w95f5zl1q9d

12 is here http://allmyvideos.net/pi5maabf18hb

You've made me a very happy man fella, the help is really appreciated.

...........and here we go.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2016, 07:03:07 am »
Hola!
Don't use Hola. It's full of spyware. Zenmate is alright.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:18 am »
It's Pavlovian, innit. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:56 am »
12 episodes for me to watch...worth a look....

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:34 pm »

Fair, Ill get on that.

You've made me a very happy man fella, the help is really appreciated.

...........and here we go.

Hope you enjoyed, which of course you did. I knew the feeling...I was waiting hours for the torrents to get uploaded.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2016, 12:13:36 am »
Just watched the final 2 episodes
Spoiler
Holy Fuck, what an amazing end to a fantastic season. Glad Ciro got vengeance, altho he'l be a changed man now forever

[close]
YNWA

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2016, 01:01:32 pm »
Yep Agree

Final episodes spoiler below!!

Spoiler
Quite a different type of ending than season 1 which was nice to see. Still powerful but not as roof raising as the Genny shooting and Don Pietro prison van bust.

Think we all knew that one of the big 3 were not going to make it to season 3.  Gutted it had to Don Pietro.

As soon as Don Pietro had the young girl killed and then said to Genny "You will always be known as Don Pietro's Son and that's it", I knew he was doomed.

Patrizia to take control in season 3 I reckon while Genny continues his rise in Rome.  As for Ciro..fuck knows.

Superb 12 hours of telly, always sad when it ends especially in that way. I loved Don Pietro. :(

[close]

Don't read unless you have watched the final two episodes (and if you haven't watched this show yet, what the fuck are you doing with your life?!?!?!?!?! Get stuck in.)

Spoiler
OH man. The shooting of his little daughter was BRUTAL - Malamut (whatever his name is) kissing his cross just before, and the deeply violent thump of that gun going off, right after they showed her cowering against the seat ... that's as powerful and horrible a thing as I have seen. So gutted for that, fucking hell. It was a spectacular dramatic scene and plot point, but fuck my words, was that brutal.

This show is SO good that it is very easy to suspend your disbelief - you are never pulled out of the story at all. I've got this small, small niggle that the beef between Ciro and Gennaro was resolved a bit too easily earlier in the season. But I think that niggle is settled and the resolution is justified in the sense that it shows us just how deep the bond between Ciro and Gennaro is. There's a twisty kind of symbolism at play wherein Ciro is almost a father to Gennaro, and Gennaro has his real father killed, but not Ciro. I haven't thought that all the way through, but there's something to that.

I agree that Patrizia is going to play some kind of lead role in Season 3, but I doubt Gennaro is going to be able to stay in Rome. When Ciro told him "You are just like me," that was essentially the writer speaking directly to us as well, telling us a truth about Gennaro, which was borne out by his actions later. I think he is going to be irresistably pulled back into the struggle for supremacy in Naples. Also, he could very well start to become his father and "neglect" his son the way Don Pietro did to him. (Although by "neglect" I mean not just ignore him, but in various ways fail to properly raise him - it seems like Gennaro himself was spoiled, and thus made soft, rather than neglected. Of course he didn't come out of all of that soft - he's a mohawked psychopath - but when the first series first started, he was soft as.) Ciro could start next season with a drug problem or some other after-effect of that brutal murder, before coming around and settling in as Gennaro's #2. Fuck knows.
[close]

Gahhhhhhhhhh this is so fucking good. SO fucking good.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2016, 01:28:56 pm »
Don't read unless you have watched the final two episodes (and if you haven't watched this show yet, what the fuck are you doing with your life?!?!?!?!?! Get stuck in.)

Spoiler
OH man. The shooting of his little daughter was BRUTAL - Malamut (whatever his name is) kissing his cross just before, and the deeply violent thump of that gun going off, right after they showed her cowering against the seat ... that's as powerful and horrible a thing as I have seen. So gutted for that, fucking hell. It was a spectacular dramatic scene and plot point, but fuck my words, was that brutal.

This show is SO good that it is very easy to suspend your disbelief - you are never pulled out of the story at all. I've got this small, small niggle that the beef between Ciro and Gennaro was resolved a bit too easily earlier in the season. But I think that niggle is settled and the resolution is justified in the sense that it shows us just how deep the bond between Ciro and Gennaro is. There's a twisty kind of symbolism at play wherein Ciro is almost a father to Gennaro, and Gennaro has his real father killed, but not Ciro. I haven't thought that all the way through, but there's something to that.

I agree that Patrizia is going to play some kind of lead role in Season 3, but I doubt Gennaro is going to be able to stay in Rome. When Ciro told him "You are just like me," that was essentially the writer speaking directly to us as well, telling us a truth about Gennaro, which was borne out by his actions later. I think he is going to be irresistably pulled back into the struggle for supremacy in Naples. Also, he could very well start to become his father and "neglect" his son the way Don Pietro did to him. (Although by "neglect" I mean not just ignore him, but in various ways fail to properly raise him - it seems like Gennaro himself was spoiled, and thus made soft, rather than neglected. Of course he didn't come out of all of that soft - he's a mohawked psychopath - but when the first series first started, he was soft as.) Ciro could start next season with a drug problem or some other after-effect of that brutal murder, before coming around and settling in as Gennaro's #2. Fuck knows.
[close]

Gahhhhhhhhhh this is so fucking good. SO fucking good.

Agreed - really good post - a gripping series. Season 2 certainly matched Season One I thought.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »
Agreed - really good post - a gripping series. Season 2 certainly matched Season One I thought.

I thought so too, Timbo. It's no mean feat either, considering how powerful that first one was. I've said it before, but I can't help marvelling at the way this show just absolutely maximizes the promise of the gangster genre. If you look back at a lot of gangster pictures, the threat of violence provides the tension at something like a 5-to-1 ratio to the actual acts of violence, or narrative turns. (I pulled that ratio out of my arse, but it's strongly leaning toward the promise of violence or the threat of a plot twist over the actual act itself - the acts themselves come along much less frequently.) This show has that ratio dead even, or near enough - they've managed to have a threat, and see it manifest in blood, without ever seeming to be hysterical or chasing after cheap thrills - never once is character development sacrificed for gunplay - BUT there is still constant gunplay. It's a neat fucking trick and none too easy to pull off. It's all quite stunning.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »
I thought so too, Timbo. It's no mean feat either, considering how powerful that first one was. I've said it before, but I can't help marvelling at the way this show just absolutely maximizes the promise of the gangster genre. If you look back at a lot of gangster pictures, the threat of violence provides the tension at something like a 5-to-1 ratio to the actual acts of violence, or narrative turns. (I pulled that ratio out of my arse, but it's strongly leaning toward the promise of violence or the threat of a plot twist over the actual act itself - the acts themselves come along much less frequently.) This show has that ratio dead even, or near enough - they've managed to have a threat, and see it manifest in blood, without ever seeming to be hysterical or chasing after cheap thrills - never once is character development sacrificed for gunplay - BUT there is still constant gunplay. It's a neat fucking trick and none too easy to pull off. It's all quite stunning.

Yeah - I've never been to Naples and certainly not Scampia - nor will I venture to change that state of affairs anytime soon  ;D - but I can't believe for a solitary moment that the prevailing menacing mood portrayed in Gomorrah doesn't capture how it really is. Stunningly atmospheric and realistic.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:13 pm »
This is the best show on TV tight now.
So many interesting characters rose and fell in season two, some remained, some are gone. The whole story is picking up steam and with Gennaro posed to become a force of nature who knows what next season will bring. But the atmosphere, oh the atmosphere...it almost smells of skunk weed and petrol, just absolutely captivating. I've visited Naples (never Secodigliano though) a few times and it's the craziest city I've ever seen. You somehow immediately feel unsettled there, like you never know what's around the corner. Gomorra captures it perfectly. Like a perpetuated state of raised adrenaline, living in the now, intensely, trying to hold the fear down.

Amazing show.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:06 am »
Watched final two last night, absolutely gripping stuff. Felt very uncomfortable with a certain scene mind which for me I thought went to far.
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2016, 08:52:36 pm »
Just watched last 7 of the series on the bounce. Absolutely superb stuff.  I think ive fallen for Patrizia!  So many great characters, as for that scene I thought it showed just how far they go to break another.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2016, 10:23:29 am »
Question about last episode

Spoiler
Genny went to see A broken Ciro on the roof of the block of flats. Ciro was cowering in a corner looking basically fucked.

I'm a bit confused as to:

a) Why the hell was Ciro up there lying in the corner, what was he doing there?
b) How did Genny know he was up there?

Genny then went on to give Ciro a gun and told him to finish it. We all know what happened from there.
[close]

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2016, 12:11:30 pm »
Question about last episode

Spoiler
Genny went to see A broken Ciro on the roof of the block of flats. Ciro was cowering in a corner looking basically fucked.

I'm a bit confused as to:

a) Why the hell was Ciro up there lying in the corner, what was he doing there?
b) How did Genny know he was up there?

Genny then went on to give Ciro a gun and told him to finish it. We all know what happened from there.
[close]

I don't know if this is right or not, but this is what I am thinking.

Spoiler
Ciro was crouched on the roof - next to him on the ground was what could have been either a small mound of powder, or a piece of broken plaster from the wall. I looked really carefully at it while I was watching, but I couldn't tell exactly what it was. Early in the conversation, Genny said "Poison" to Ciro. There was no real context for it and he didn't explain any further. I thought what had happened was that Ciro shot up or snorted his own product (heroin) and was sitting smacked out on the roof. Genny was telling him "That shit is poison," like even though they peddle it to the rabble of Napoli, it is no good for the bosses to use it. He was trying to dull the pain the only way he knew how, and maybe even trying to overdose. Genny will have had spies inside Ciro's ranks, or he could have heard from whichever peddler gave Ciro the heroin, so that's how he would have found out. That is what I was thinking, anyway.
[close]

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2016, 12:40:50 pm »

Spoiler
Ciro was crouched on the roof - next to him on the ground was what could have been either a small mound of powder, or a piece of broken plaster from the wall. I looked really carefully at it while I was watching, but I couldn't tell exactly what it was. Early in the conversation, Genny said "Poison" to Ciro. There was no real context for it and he didn't explain any further. I thought what had happened was that Ciro shot up or snorted his own product (heroin) and was sitting smacked out on the roof. Genny was telling him "That shit is poison," like even though they peddle it to the rabble of Napoli, it is no good for the bosses to use it. He was trying to dull the pain the only way he knew how, and maybe even trying to overdose. Genny will have had spies inside Ciro's ranks, or he could have heard from whichever peddler gave Ciro the heroin, so that's how he would have found out. That is what I was thinking, anyway.
[close]

Pretty much my thinking too. :thumbup
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2016, 02:53:24 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

AH right. That all makes sense. cheers

Didn't notice what you mention when I originally watched it. Will rewatch the end again I think.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2016, 05:44:14 pm »
I thought went to far.

That's the point. It makes you uncomfortable. Incredible scene. I was close to tears.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2016, 07:24:16 pm »
That's the point. It makes you uncomfortable. Incredible scene. I was close to tears.

Exactly, thats what quality tv/film should do. It wasnt there to just for the shock value. It built up to that very scene. It was supposed to be brutal,  thats what its all about. Was the same with The Wire in some respects, it was such a raw environment with believable characters made it all the more chilling.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2016, 08:59:16 pm »

Good point and I can see where your coming from but for me just thought it was over the top. But it doesn't detract from an absolute brilliant programme with some great characters. Roll on next series
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2016, 10:13:45 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Doesn't the "Poison" refer to a scene in episode 9 or 10 were Ciro is taking to Genny and saying "that they are both the same and have poison eating away at them from the inside"? I assumed the poison was the need for power.
Also, wasn't the roof top Ciro old stomping ground from season 1? Think it was where he took Genny to kill someone but he couldn't go through with it so Ciro did it for him but lied to Don Pietro?
[close]

Offline Zealot87

• Boys Pen
« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:56 am »
That "certain scene" you're talking about was so unconfortable to watch, but at the end of the day it worked.
Probably for the first time Ciro had a really "harsh" pay-off for his behaviour.

Season 3 should be on air next spring

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2016, 08:37:35 am »
This is the best show on TV tight now.
So many interesting characters rose and fell in season two, some remained, some are gone. The whole story is picking up steam and with Gennaro posed to become a force of nature who knows what next season will bring. But the atmosphere, oh the atmosphere...it almost smells of skunk weed and petrol, just absolutely captivating. I've visited Naples (never Secodigliano though) a few times and it's the craziest city I've ever seen. You somehow immediately feel unsettled there, like you never know what's around the corner. Gomorra captures it perfectly. Like a perpetuated state of raised adrenaline, living in the now, intensely, trying to hold the fear down.

Amazing show.
This is one of the best shows for achieving that feeling with the viewer. For the most part, you don't have a clue what's about to happen and when it does kick off, it does so suddenly and leaves you thinking "wtf just happened?"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2016, 09:08:26 am »
On holiday in France and just walked past a restaurant, Les Sablettes, on the beach front in Menton that featured in the last series when the Transporti was driving the Spaniard back from Marbella to Naples. They stopped of for lunch. Waiters are now wearing Gomarra tee shirts.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2016, 06:49:47 pm »
Spoiler
Doesn't the "Poison" refer to a scene in episode 9 or 10 were Ciro is taking to Genny and saying "that they are both the same and have poison eating away at them from the inside"? I assumed the poison was the need for power.
Also, wasn't the roof top Ciro old stomping ground from season 1? Think it was where he took Genny to kill someone but he couldn't go through with it so Ciro did it for him but lied to Don Pietro?
[close]

Spoiler
You could be right mate, I'm not sure. I don't think that's the poison they meant just because Ciro was so far removed from thinking about power at that point, or the rat race for supremacy. He was just buried in grief. He also seemed to be out of it physically, slumping and moving (to the extent he moved at all) like he was in gruel, so it seemed like he was smacked out. But you're definitely right that it was the other time poison was mentioned, so it could be that.
[close]

About THAT scene:

Spoiler
For me in that situation, I would have considered it going too far - i.e. it would have been exploitation - if they had shown the poor girl after the shot. It was a heavy, heavy, brutal development that we don't usually see, outside of dopey "ripped from the headlines" pap like "Law and Order: SVU" - children are usually spared the collateral damage in these situations. I think in this case, her death is "true" to the reality of the story world - they are ruthless, especially the old-school crew loyal to Don Pietro. So it was consistent with the truth the showrunners have created for this world. Another reason I can accept it is that Don Pietro got his comeuppance. Killing the child is a horror and in order for us to accept it in the story, he had to die. He did, which created a level of karmic balance (though any number of deaths couldn't restore balance completely). One reason it was so shocking is what we have been talking about when we praise the show - it is so spectacularly successful at drawing us in and having us suspend our disbelief that the distance between us and the killing was practically null. Any lesser show, we would have a much greater distance from it, it would feel more "fictional," but this seemed very real, not just because we feel for the victim(s), but because the boundary of our existence, as we watch, is the horizon to either side of Naples, rather than the four sides of the TV screen - we are that immersed in this world. I remember in another great TV show, "Hill Street Blues" - one of the major characters was killed and I felt like I was standing outside on the sidewalk near the crime scene - I was shaking like a bastard, because for all intents and purposes, it had just happened right in front of me for real - I was that submerged into the world of HSB.
[close]

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:44 pm »
New film by some of the team behind Gomorrah out called Subburra. Set in Rome and in the cinema now.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2016, 08:31:26 pm »
New film by some of the team behind Gomorrah out called Subburra. Set in Rome and in the cinema now.
The cool kids watched it last year..Stara and I. :P

It's also gonna be a series on Netflix.

I posted about in this thread last December.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:34:14 pm by dave 5516 »