Author Topic: PL: West Ham 2 vs 2 Liverpool Bowen 43’Robbo 48’ og (tit) 65’ Antonio 77’  (Read 17165 times)

Offline Bankrupt Yankee Leech

• Main Stander
  • My Epic Swindle Failed.
Its strange how our current run of poor form coincided with our injured players returning. We were doing well without them.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ally McCoist constantly being baffled the game didn't have the atmosphere of a CL semi final or something was very bizarre, he must have gone on about it at least 40-50 times.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
West Ham basically did nothing all game yet scored two goals. We had all the game yet concede twice and fail to convert our chances. A lot of work needed.
#JFT97

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
Wasn’t too smart not knocking the ball in the net was he. Like McCoist said, score then ask questions after.
They are people outside of the match you know?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Wasn’t too smart not knocking the ball in the net was he. Like McCoist said, score then ask questions after.

The ref had blown and knowing Taylor, he'd have booked him for kicking the ball away.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
The one thing that seems to have been consistent for the last month or so is that every single time we have a major gaffe, it results in opposition sticking it in the net.  We pay dearly it seems every time we have a miskick or mishandled cross or whatever. 

I thought a good effort for the most part.  Would never have taken Diaz off unless he told JK he absolutely couldn't continue. 

A truly bizarre episode near the end with the ref as well.  Telling a player to go down feigning an injury?  I don't remember ever seeing anything like that before. 

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
We really know how to end eras with a bang. 90% of this squad has checked out, and it’s clear the manager has as well. It was great when it was great but it’s probably the right time.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Klopp said to Salah " Have you got your boots on the right feet today..

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are in tatters. All the resilience we showed to come back time and again, to blood youngsters to carry us through a massive injury crisis, either took all the electricity out of us or masked deeper problems which led us to constantly fall behind in the first place.

And fucking Taylor. What in the actual fuck.

Ironically the bad form coincided with players returning from injury, although we’d been scraping wins for a while.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
We really know how to end eras with a bang. 90% of this squad has checked out, and it’s clear the manager has as well. It was great when it was great but it’s probably the right time.

No, this is going this way because Klopp is leaving. Once the title charge was over, the season ceased to have any meaning.

Offline A.B. Baracus

• Boys Pen
  • Ain't gettin on no Plane Sucker!
Salah can do one, what a disgraceful and disrespectful show. Someone should have dragged him back to the bench.

After everything he has done for this club, nice attitude.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quite telling that nobody even bothered to protest the Gakpo/Areola incident.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
I was actually delighted to see it.  Show me a player who is angry and you will see a player who will fight on the pitch.

Maybe, but there’s a time and place for it. Salah’s out of order

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The one thing that seems to have been consistent for the last month or so is that every single time we have a major gaffe, it results in opposition sticking it in the net.  We pay dearly it seems every time we have a miskick or mishandled cross or whatever. 

I thought a good effort for the most part.  Would never have taken Diaz off unless he told JK he absolutely couldn't continue. 

A truly bizarre episode near the end with the ref as well.  Telling a player to go down feigning an injury?  I don't remember ever seeing anything like that before. 

Gapko should’ve just put the ball in the net when their keeper rolled it out.  Taylor had not given a free there

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
We are very very very very leaky.

The opposition need very little to score against us.

75% possession they showed on screen, yet they had 5 shots on target to our 2 I think it was.

The early Klopp days (pre Fabinho) were often like this. Remember Burnley had like 19% possession and they won 2-0 (Dyche pretty much replicated that midweek).

A DM is an absolute must. The opposition just waltzed through Endo.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's all an absurd lark. A season in microcosm. A fate undeserved.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Not quite sure why Diaz was subbed off he was our best player by a mile

Did he score or do anything of note except run? What is the use of running without stretching defences? I would have preferred to see him on the right where he goes around and behind defenders and is a much bigger threat.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Not much they could do as Gakpo stopped after Taylor blew the whistle. That and the Paqueta non-card should be the story of the game. But instead the media will focus on the Klopp-Salah spat, rather than Taylor failing to act on two potentially game changing decisions

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Just seen the Areola and Gakpo “incident” fucking hell, this is beyond words. Club should absolutely blow it the fuck out and push for an action by any means necessary, this is inexcusable. Why are we always at the end of these “decisions”?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
grav had one of his better games today

hopefully start all the remaining games

i still think elliot is better in midfield

we need jota back asap

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
First half was appalling, defending for the first goal was comical. Second half I thought Gravenberch was good, Diaz also. Can’t understand why he was taken off. Trent was good second half but still doesn’t look fit.

I just want this to be over now so we can look forward to next season. A complete refresh, a new start and with champions league football.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Agreed and then let VAR tell the referee that he’d messed up. That was one of the worst refereeing decisions I have seen for a long time. The referee wanted to give West Ham a free kick but there was no reason for doing so. VAR of course would have also chickened out but it was a clear and obvious error.
nothing VAR could do though as no goal was scored, if Gakpo had put it in Taylor would have likely booked him. It's not been mentioned on TNT
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

That's poor.

I hate how easy it has become to be disrespectful to Klopp. We've had a bad month. Getting this group of players to third with so many long injuries to key players and a new midfield is bloody good going.

Probably the right time to go? Disagree strongly. Klopp would challenge for everything again next season.

Supporters are at risk of letting Klopp go with a whimper, not just the players.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
First half was appalling, defending for the first goal was comical. Second half I thought Gravenberch was good, Diaz also. Can’t understand why he was taken off. Trent was good second half but still doesn’t look fit.

I just want this to be over now so we can look forward to next season. A complete refresh, a new start and with champions league football.

strange how our season felt like it was over after the united cup match

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Only thing I can think is that maybe Salah was not ready to come on or delayed the sub, then the goal goes in. Only logical explanation I can think of as he obviously wasn’t involved in play.

I think also Klopps probably had enough of him playing dog shit after going off to the AFCON, his touch and everything is just dead. No idea what’s happened to him.

We always piss about when making subs, takes ages to get the players on the pitch.

Stupid reaction but showed more in 10 minutes than he did in 90+ the other night.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Zero mention of Anthony Taylor’s bullshit on the BT Sports analysis of the game. Quelle surprise.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
What happened with Areola and Gakpo?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Ok but what for? A drop ball to West Ham for what?
exactly no idea, presumably because Taylor stopped the game for the trainer to come on. He dropped a massive clanger

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
Another xG win for the boys in red (or white and green today)... Sums up the season, meek in both boxes yet again. The 2nd one was horrific.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
nothing VAR could do though as no goal was scored, if Gakpo had put it in Taylor would have likely booked him. It's not been mentioned on TNT

To be fair McCoist said in commentary ‘just put it in the net and debate it after’

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
What happened with Areola and Gakpo?

Areola caught the ball and then rolled it out to kick it. Gakpo went to the ball and the ref blew the whistle. He knew he fucked up because he then tolled Areola to pretend he was injured.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan

TBF, Gakpo did but was in his own..should have taken a booking. Of course in fantasy, non professional works should have gotten himself sent off to make it an even bigger story. Hard to hide the story when you send the guy off to cover up your dropped bollock.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Gakpo spoke very well in the post match interview, very upfront and honest.
What's he said?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
Just came on to mention this.
Why on earth are we just accepting this?
Can you imagine this decision given against city, Arsenal, Utd etc They'd be swarming the referee.
I don't give a sh*t about picking up a yellow card for doing so, you make sure the official is not going to keep doing that to you. I'm all for respect for officials. They're human and will make mistakes. This was not an honest mistake, and it's happening too regularly against us.
I think we have been unfortunate to lose both Henderson and Milner in the one season. There are no leaders in our squad. Not one.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We deserved to win that one. What a shit April but it happens.

Dunno what else to say. Certainly not going to indulge in over analysis. Sometimes you’ve got to just be a big boy and move on
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
The whistle had already been blown, Gakpo would have 100% been booked if he had stuck it away. Shambolic officiating all round.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Just left the ground and everybody is talking about Taylor,again! What was the reason given for him blowing up Cody?

The club need to get a grip on this shite. Good money being spent travelling down, tickets and once again we’re talking about reffing.
it's not been mentioned

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Another xG win for the boys in red (or white and green today)... Sums up the season, meek in both boxes yet again. The 2nd one was horrific.

We have gone from being great in both boxes to being really poor. Thats definitely a criticism.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
Overall, I thought we played well (albeit I just watched second half only)
We take just one more chance and the game is over for West Ham
We are porous at the back right now, and we havent fixed that all season really.
When your front line starts to suffer from a dip of form, you need to ensure that the worst thing that can happen is you come out with a 0-0

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Much better second half. But we are so easy to get at, and do some very, very silly things in possession.  They can thank their keeper though, we should have been out of sight.

Concede silly goals, butcher presentable opportunities - it's the reason the season has gotten away from us. It's a real shame.

Yeah, in a nutshell. We're our own worst enemy time and again. That was a poor, poor West Ham side for me. When I saw Allison dropping that "cross" I turned down the volume, knew something was coming, looked again to see the Wham players rolling around on the ground celebrating.
Even if Taylor hadn't fucked up and we'd been given the goal I'm not sure we'd have held out. Something rotten in the state of our Danish defence.
Otherwise some good performances and good fight to get back into it. Diaz, Gakpo and even the much maligned Gravenberch, Robbo... Subs played well too. It's just brain dead defending and lack of clinical finishing.... (which, I suppose, is kind of a lot !!).