Author Topic: Newcastle vs. Liverpool - 27th April 5:30pm - Something for the weekend Sir?  (Read 27813 times)

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will be there Saturday night,just hope we don't spend most of the game singing about somebody who isn't playing,think I'll be singing for the ones who are on the pitch,including 1 Luis Enrique who took some right shite off this shower last season,remember if we beat them Saturday will send the aul cockney mafia nearer the drop,has a lovely toon doesn't it,'Luis Enrique  the toons goin down"

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rodgers' Newcastle pre-match press conference should be on shortly. Aka The 'another chance for the media to barrage Rodgers with ridiculous questions about Suarez and really put him on the spot while not speaking about Newcastle at all' conference.

Should be interesting...

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Will be there Saturday night,just hope we don't spend most of the game singing about somebody who isn't playing,think I'll be singing for the ones who are on the pitch,including 1 Luis Enrique who took some right shite off this shower last season,remember if we beat them Saturday will send the aul cockney mafia nearer the drop,has a lovely toon doesn't it,'Luis Enrique  the toons goin down"

If we shouldn't be singing about people who aren't playing, why should we be singing about the former Roma boss?

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
If we shouldn't be singing about people who aren't playing, why should we be singing about the former Roma boss?
;D

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry lads Jose,56 this year yer know :no

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Siege mentality, fuck the press, fuck the FA, fuck everybody. Go out and win for Suarez.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Bumpsh.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
Suso .. Coutinho .. Sturridge .. Lucas .. Henderson .. Didi .. oh wait
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Good OP.

We do need to be wary ahead of this game. Newcastle still aren't completely safe from relegation and Pardew still seemed fairly cautious after the West Brom game so they should be up for this game.

They'll probably start as a 4-2-3-1. They're a direct, aggressive team, they play the most long balls per game of any team in the league and they make the second most amount of fouls (just behind Stoke). They will probably line up with Cisse up front, Sissoko behind him with Gouffran and Gutierrez out wide and Tiote and Cabaye providing further dynamism and work rate in midfield so it's easy to see that we will have to be aggressive defensively. In attack, they use their aerial threat; they play it long to Cisse or Sissoko and then win the second ball from there (which can cause them to lose shape and give us opportunities to counter if we win the second ball) and they also like to put crosses into the box. Cabaye is their main passing threat, he likes to play it long and switch play or play penetrating through balls. Gouffran often drops deep on the right to create space for Sissoko to run in the channels.

The main things we have to be aware of defensively is that a) we don't get overpowered. If they play at a high intensity and try and use their aerial threat and strength, we could find ourselves in trouble and so we will have to battle them and keep our lines compact to help us win the second ball. And b) don't drop too deep. When they play it long, we will inevitably drop deep in order to provide cover and keep our lines compact to win the second ball. However we need to be able to push out when we can and not allow them to bombard us with crosses into the box. We need to make sure Cabaye is closed down to stop him playing dangerous passes and make sure we don't give room for them to pull us out of shape.

Defensively they aren't great at all. They're prone to individual errors but especially weak on counter attacks. They have minimal balance between the lines, with their defence often dropping off but midfield pressuring higher. Cabaye often leaves space behind him and generally that area between defence and midfield is the place to target, particularly on the counter attack. Without Suarez, I think this would be the perfect game to start Coutinho in the no.10 role. Sturridge will start up front and can provide depth and push their backline deep, giving more space for Coutinho to penetrate in the space behind their midfield. Personally would also have Lucas and Gerrard stay deep in the build up phases of possession in order to entice their midfield to pressure them to also create more space for Coutinho. Having Gerrard and Lucas deep would also help protect against Sissoko's running when Newcastle themselves counter.

It's clearly a very winnable game but also the type of team we have struggled with this season. We need to make sure we have our lines compact but at the same time push out when we can so that we don't drop too deep and allow them to win the second balls and play crosses into the box. When we regain possession, to counter quickly and don't play our passes too short to allow them to put pressure on us but at the same time to use the space between their midfield and defence.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
most likely something like this then:

Reina
Johnson Carra Agger Enrique
          Gerrard    Lucas
              Henderson
Downing Sturridge Coutinho

Would like to see borini get a few mins if he is fit enough, centrally! Conor Coady as well if we are leading comfortably. All tho putting young inexperienced players centrally is always high risk.

Avoid corners, we struggled massively with them against Chelsea, Newcastle are twice as physical
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
Think we'll win this, players will be looking to prove themselves, its going to give some opportunities to fringe players now Suarez is suspended. May even see the Assaidi get some game time?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
most likely something like this then:

Reina
Johnson Carra Agger Enrique
          Gerrard    Lucas
              Henderson
Downing Sturridge Coutinho

Would like to see borini get a few mins if he is fit enough, centrally! Conor Coady as well if we are leading comfortably. All tho putting young inexperienced players centrally is always high risk.

Avoid corners, we struggled massively with them against Chelsea, Newcastle are twice as physical

Formations get you Souness. Souness leads to hate

Souness leads to the dark side  :shocked
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Top read, T man.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Hope Borini shows a glimmer if hope to justify his transfer fee. :wanker

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
We'll smash them Mackems.  Suarez to get an assist and a brace with Dani Sturrio bagging a couple more.  We'll be so good Hatem will be on our bus when the match is over.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope Borini shows a glimmer if hope to justify his transfer fee. :wanker

Any need to call the lad a wanker?

Offline Akalasa

• Anny Roader
My biggest hope is that Borini is on the bench and comes on late in the game to score and he does his celebration, that will cause quite a few people to throw a fit about it I reckon :P

Should be an interesting game. Hopefully Sturridge steps up and bags a couple of goals. I'd like to see us introduce a youngster from the bench too - Coady or Texeira, maybe. It'll be a tough match, no doubt, but I think we can get 3 points here :D

Offline El Diablos

• The Chronologically Trousered Philanthropist
  • Legacy Fan
  • All posts copyright of Alan Smithee
We'll smash them MackemsSuarez to get an assist and a brace with Dani Sturrio bagging a couple more.  We'll be so good Hatem will be on our bus when the match is over.

:o

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Made up for Borini, but hope if he gets a 10 minute run out and looks poor, because, you know, he has been out with a serious injury, that 'fans' don't immediately post he is shit.
I am probably a massive optimist.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
No doubt we'll be hearing some 'always the victim' chants from these scummy c*nts on Saturday.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
Not expecting much nothing to play for in the league Get the feeling the players want this average season to end as soon as possible.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
No doubt we'll be hearing some 'always the victim' chants from these scummy c*nts on Saturday.

What would make you think that? Newcastle fans to my knowledge have always been big supporters of the justice campaign
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
looking foward to this game

will be good to get back to playing football

sturridge will do well for us
borini back aswell, i would put morgan on the bench aswell
get ngoo in the squad next season

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
What would make you think that? Newcastle fans to my knowledge have always been big supporters of the justice campaign

I'm guessing you haven't seen some of their opinions on the recent Suarez incident? it's all over their forums, self pity city, always the victim, etc.

Offline Gerrraaaddd

• Kemlynite
  • There is only one Steven Gerrard.
gotta win this game . Something to rejoice after this weekend, please Liverpool  :wave
"No player was more important than Liverpool Football Club" - The one and only,King Kenny. YNWA

JFT 96

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
If we just fold and go through the motions I will fucking scream.
Rodgers needs to pull the squad together and say "anyone who can't be bothered to play to the best of their ability and put in 100% when we have nothing to play for will not be a part of this club when we do have things to play for."
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
That Chelsea game feels like it was ages ago. Looking forward to this ;D
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
I'm guessing you haven't seen some of their opinions on the recent Suarez incident? it's all over their forums, self pity city, always the victim, etc.

Oddly I don't to spend my time on Newcastle forums, shame. I always quite liked Newcastle fans.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
We'll probably end up winning the majority of the rest of our games this season now, it won't get us anywhere but it'd be nice to finish the season on some good form anyway. 2-1 to us, Coutinho and Henderson

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully we'll beat them and they'll go down.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
We'll smash them Mackems.  Suarez to get an assist and a brace with Dani Sturrio bagging a couple more.  We'll be so good Hatem will be on our bus when the match is over.

;D

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Can we smuggle out Tiote whilst we are in the area?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He's fucking shite - they can keep him.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...

I honestly believe that he has the football intelligence of a plant
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
I honestly believe that he has the football intelligence of a plant

;D ;D ;D Quality stuff
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Very overrated player,imagine if he played for us there would be a shitstorm every week.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

Tiote is crap. Even the geordies have realised this by now.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
As for the game its self. I want the players to go out there, put in a great performance and win the game for Luis but, I fear everything that's gone on this week will have been too much of a distraction for this lot and we'll get beat. :-\

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
all the dickheads who are saying we'd be in the bottom half of the table without suarez will be shown up for the total shite-monkeys they are.  This is where the new Ronaldo (sturridge, of course.) puts his special boots on.  This is where The Mighty Hendo shows us his passion.  This is where The Mighty Rodgers shows them what LIVERPOOL IS, "without any world-class players".
dios esta buena

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
As for the game its self. I want the players to go out there, put in a great performance and win the game for Luis but, I fear everything that's gone on this week will have been too much of a distraction for this lot and we'll get beat. :-\

I think you're projecting. I don't think it's been much of a distraction for the other players even though they feel for Luis. They are mentally strong and professionals.

We'll go out and win 3-2.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!