Author Topic: Newcastle vs. Liverpool - 27th April 5:30pm - Something for the weekend Sir?  (Read 27814 times)

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
we'll lose this one. and im not a negative prick usually.

Strong physical side, with midfielders who like to run at defenses, Come on.. how many times this season have we been over run and out fought.

Can't see Lucas and Gerrard handling Sissoko and Cisse or ameobi will boss Agger and Carra with their physicality.

Corners will be a fucking nightmare.   
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent op..I was finding it difficult to get excited about this match yesterday after the week thats been,but with the reasons I dislike Newcastle coming back to mind I hope the players step up and thrash the feckers,,
Hoping to see Borini play,,Cant wait till he starts firing some in..Nows the time..
bollocks

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
is Borini back in contention for the team today?

or just back to full training?
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
2-2
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4-5 Borini hat-trick from the bench.

Offline Anonymous5

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Bib team anyone?

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
is Borini back in contention for the team today?

or just back to full training?

Rodgers said he'll be in the squad mate.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
This is a big tactical test for Brendan Rodgers as he's consistently said that his system is such that it does not rely on individuals. I worry that creatively we may struggle to create chances without Suarez pulling defenders out of position. However Sturridge holds the ball up well and he'll be the focal point of the attack today, something he'd wanted at Chelsea but didn't get, and after his brilliant second half performance against Chelsea, I'm excited to see how Sturridge steps up. He links well with Coutinho too.

Our defending against set-pieces though is appalling and Newcastle do play direct with physical players like Sissoko and Cisse who we've struggled against. There is also question marks about the mentality of the team, we cannot afford heads to drop after the biting saga, there needs to be a reaction and I hope the players actually give the fans something to cheer about with a performance, boy do we need a morale-booster.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
Hard for me to be excited about this game after the week we have had, has properly turned me off the league. Don't expect a win today, dead rubber game for us, will mean a lot more to newcastle who are not out of it with 37 points. Their pace and power will do us. BR rarely does well against his ex-colleagues too.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0H6WRH6iKA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-0H6WRH6iKA</a>
Hopefully a similar performance from the Reds.

Lucas and Gerrard were boss that day. Given was awesome too and still lost 5-1 ;D
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
I wonder if Ibe has a chance of making the bench again. Wasn't involved in the U21 or U18 matches yesterday and today.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Fabio Borini
I'm finally back!!!!!! - finalmente sono tornato!!!!!!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think we'll even finish above Everton now, so I don't mind if we play a bunch of youth.

Like to see Coady and Ibe get minutes, pity Yesil got his injury
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Scott0908

• Kopite
used to enjoy going to St James park, but we've been shocking there recently. 

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Well, that suggestion went down well...

I'm not saying he is the new Messi, just think he is an excellent defensive midfielder in the Masch mould who would shore up our leaky defense/midfield and provide another alternative to Lucas. He was linked with a £20m move to Chelsea before his injury, so I doubt he is "shit".

On the match, can't see us getting a win but hopefully a good performance and a point.

I think he's been woeful for the last 18 months.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
Don't think we'll even finish above Everton now, so I don't mind if we play a bunch of youth.

Like to see Coady and Ibe get minutes, pity Yesil got his injury

No bad thing really, wouldn't hurt to give them some minutes now.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Lucas and Gerrard were boss that day. Given was awesome too and still lost 5-1 ;D

Was at this game. It was fantastic. It was the game before Gerrard twatted (correction - acted in self defence) the bloke for not playing phil collins if I remember rightly

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
team news?

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
team news?

LFC release it an hour before kick-off.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

That pass for Gerrard's second from Lucas was beautiful.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 40s
Just one change for #LFC today as Sturridge replaces Suarez, who apparently is suspended.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Was at this game. It was fantastic. It was the game before Gerrard twatted (correction - acted in self defence) the bloke for not playing phil collins if I remember rightly

it was the game immediately after that incident, wasn't it?  i seem to remember gerrard doing a dj celebration.  also the last game before the title challenge hit the rocks.  feels weird to even say such a thing about a liverpool team.

today is a game we should lose given past form this season, so i think we'll win.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Coutinho behind Sturridge, Henderson on the left.

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
it was the game immediately after that incident, wasn't it?  i seem to remember gerrard doing a dj celebration.  also the last game before the title challenge hit the rocks.  feels weird to even say such a thing about a liverpool team.

today is a game we should lose given past form this season, so i think we'll win.
No it was the game after england got knocked out of the euro qualifiers. I remember england fans booing stevie at that game.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Yet another chance to drop points against a relegation threatened team! Seriously though, can't see us winning this with nothing to play for.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
I cannot believe Rodgers isn't starting Suarez today! Disgrace, Rodgers out!!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Just one change for #LFC today as Sturridge replaces Suarez, who apparently is suspended.
;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool FC  ‏@LFC  1m 

#LFC team v #NUFC: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge.
#LFC subs v #NUFC: Jones, Coates, Skrtel, Wisdom, Suso, Shelvey, Borini.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Why does Skrtel not play anymore? I haven't been keeping up. Something to do with giving Carra more games in his last season?

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Why does Skrtel not play anymore? I haven't been keeping up.

He was in bad form so got dropped. Carra took the shirt and has played well.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Coutinho behind Sturridge, Henderson on the left.
That's what I hope it will be. There's space between their defence and midfield that Coutinho can use. Our game today should be based around getting the best out of that area.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Elliot, Debuchy, S Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Perch, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Cisse, Gutierrez

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Why does Skrtel not play anymore? I haven't been keeping up. Something to do with giving Carra more games in his last season?

Carra has been better than him this season

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Elliott - Man of the Match!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.

Carra shouts louder.

Offline Right Said Red

• I'm too self-righteous for this Orum! Not an expert. Monumental Idiot.
  • Legacy Fan
I'd have Gerrard behind Sturridge, he can put through balls into him and thrive in the space between midfield and attack, it let's him off the leash a little as well, which we might need without Suarez.  Keep Coutinho in the left where he has been best.  Henderson alongside Lucas in the engine room.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan

Suspended? How? Why? What did I miss?

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Carra shouts louder.

And has been the better player this season.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Even Newcastle have better options on the bench than us...

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Newcastle's line up hints at a 4-3-3. Might be looking to match us up in midfield and make sure we can't penetrate through the middle. Interesting change if so from Pardew.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob