Author Topic: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm  (Read 54224 times)

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
Re: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »
Was sure this was today. Only just realised I was wrong now, and I'm gutted! Was just starting to get excited and psyched up for the game and all! Always lose track of the days over Christmas time. ;D

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2012, 03:17:04 pm »
I don't doubt we will win this game 2-0 or better only to shit ourselves the next game just as we start thinking we can get 4th place.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2012, 03:37:43 pm »
Hopefully we can put the last game behind us. We never lose at Stoke, but QPR is a different kettle of fish. We threw the game away last time we played them, it wont happen again. Coates AGS ;)

Offline tomrob1989

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »
Interesting game. They are gradually finding some sort of form, undeniably have some half decent players, and pretty much need to win (or at the very least draw).

On the other hand, it is an absolute must win game for us if we are to maintain our challenge for top four (or three now city are falling like a stone).

Think we will have too much for them and win 1-3 in the end, but I thought similar for the Stoke and Villa games too...
THE WORD NEEDS SPREADING:
HE'S A HORRIBLE MAN, AND THE MEDIA MUST REALISE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alan-Pardew-is-a-Twat/538082336210344

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »
Just f#%*ing WIN..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »
Very important game, we HAVE to win this and it will tell a lot on which players having the right attitude and the ones better leaving next summer.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline scouserjay

• Main Stander
  • Half time in Istanbul i knew we would win!
    • Facebook
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
I'm forever the optimist but to me this game has got defeaten all over it.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »
I can't wait, been the same since Wednesday, I fucken hate it when we lose.

Sunday morning, early train, few pints and off to support the greatest team in the World. Don't give a fuck who the starting 11 are, couldn't care less, they'll have the Liverpool shirt on, with the Liverpool manager on the bench and we'll be behind them, every step of the way. Believe they'll come away with three points, just like thousands of times before.

Times are hard, its not cheap, but we are Liverpool, its never been easy, it was never going to be. Get yer chin up and know what its all about.

Remind the pricks about them celebrating winning the league in 76 on the Saturday afternoon, David Webb with a big fuck off cigar in his grid, before we went to Wolves and actually won it.

Grab the carry out and late train back to Limey, Chrimbo party.

brilliantly put! im right there with you!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »
3-1 to QPR.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »
Bad feeling about this match, can see them scoring at least 1.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »

We will be ok - I think Brendan will make changes with Carra coming in

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »

Considering we've conceeded 2 or more goals in 10 of our PL games so far, you wouldn't be foolish to put a bet on that
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »
Please ffs just win tomorrow. Don't think I can take getting even more depressed about us than I already am.

And if, if, we do manage to take the points tomorrow no one start going on about how we're only x points off 4th place again. We know its going to be ding dong this year - win one, lose 2 draw a couple more then win 2 again then start over. If we better 8th this year it'll be progress. No way in hell are we going to finish anywhere near 4th (points wise) so please let's stop deluding ourselves. The disappointment will only be greater if we do.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »
Considering we've conceeded 2 or more goals in 10 of our PL games so far, you wouldn't be foolish to put a bet on that

Agreed, I think Allen will be back in midfield after that abomination from Shelvey, i'd like to see Hendo in there too, not as creative as Gerrard but those three would give me most confidence.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »

On the other hand, it is an absolute must win game for us if we are to maintain our challenge for top four (or three now city are falling like a stone).

Huh?  I would love to fall like a stone if you mean holding on to win a thriller of a game w/ 10 men playing away from home!
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

Then we will concede a lot more than 1. Coates should be chosen to play before Carragher.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »
Agreed, I think Allen will be back in midfield after that abomination from Shelvey, i'd like to see Hendo in there too, not as creative as Gerrard but those three would give me most confidence.

To be honest i'd love to see Sahin play tomorrow.

Put Lucas and Allen in the center with Sahin in front and put gerrard on the right of the front 3

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:36 pm »
We're dropping further and further away from 4th, it's depressing. To think a couple of weeks back we were 4 points off 4th. Now we're 10 points off 4th, 8 points off 5th, 6th and 7th. Absolutely pathetic and I just cannot see us closing that gap. It'll get bigger, not smaller.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2012, 08:04:25 pm »
I feel like Carragher deserves a place for this one. I'd like to see Coates given his chance too to be honest but I can't see that happening.

Reina
Johnson    Carragher    Coates    Enrique
Lucas    Sahin
Henderson
Gerrard    Suarez    Sterling

Would be my lineup, shake things up, kick the players up the arse. My only problem with that is that I feel Downing doesn't really deserve to be dropped. He's been decent in the last few games.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:06:32 pm by RichardM »

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:15 pm »
I can't wait, been the same since Wednesday, I fucken hate it when we lose.

Sunday morning, early train, few pints and off to support the greatest team in the World. Don't give a fuck who the starting 11 are, couldn't care less, they'll have the Liverpool shirt on, with the Liverpool manager on the bench and we'll be behind them, every step of the way. Believe they'll come away with three points, just like thousands of times before.

Times are hard, its not cheap, but we are Liverpool, its never been easy, it was never going to be. Get yer chin up and know what its all about.

Remind the pricks about them celebrating winning the league in 76 on the Saturday afternoon, David Webb with a big fuck off cigar in his grid, before we went to Wolves and actually won it.

Grab the carry out and late train back to Limey, Chrimbo party.

This is the attitude to have^^^^^^^^....take note all you gloom and doom merchants.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »

I'm sorry but bringing Carragher in will not help us in any way, but rather hinder us. In order to compensate for his lack of pace, the defence will have to drop far deeper than we would like and this will not allow us to build from the back as successfully. Skrtel and Agger might not be the most dominant centre backs in the league but he is not superior to them in that sense. If it's to play alongside them then you need your three centre backs to be comfortable at bringing the ball out of defence, unfortunately he is not. The likes of Taarabt will have a field day if up against him 1v1 which is likely as we seem to get caught out on the counter often. Coates is excellent at defending 1v1's, maybe sometimes a little too eager and dives in on occasion but it's all part of a learning process for him. He is our future unlike Jamie.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2012, 08:16:19 pm »
If we don't win tomorrow I honestly think we may well be in for a relegation fight, unless we spend big in January. If we can't beat a team that has won 1 in 19 then I have no confidence in us beating anyone.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »
will be at the game tomorrow but lord knows what im gonna be seeing! Its hard predicting what kind of Liverpool team will turn up...

Fuck last year's debacle....we need to approach the game knowing we are the better team but by no means take it for granted that we're gonna walk over this lot. Its our nervousness when under pressure, either created by ourselves or whoever we are playing that get us into trouble.

I would say to the lads, CALM THE FUCK DOWN, and play....then see what happens!

cmon u redmen
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2012, 08:40:05 pm »
If we don't win tomorrow I honestly think we may well be in for a relegation fight, unless we spend big in January. If we can't beat a team that has won 1 in 19 then I have no confidence in us beating anyone.

Relegation fight is perhaps taking it too far, but fail to win tomorrow and we're not going to get anywhere near the European places, and possibly even the top-half of the table.

Sure, we've got a transfer window coming up but if things don't go to plan tomorrow we will have bigger problems than any of us realize. Just win. Please.

Offline Tookathered

• but lefta the blue
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Is because of peace i live. JFT96!!!!.
    • Twitter
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:01 pm »
Hoping for a Liverpoolfc win nowadays seems to be worst of evil one can do to ownself. a self claimed manc winning his indoctrine messages accross the street of Liverpool, lfc fans never accept Roy with 4-4-2, they don't agree with Roy presser when he asked for quality/his own signings, we were afraid that he could turns us to be another Fulham. but now the love of Baca is silencing most fans when the word tika taka is mention by an average fella, we bow to every week presser of player A doesn't fit my system, i need my own players(directly/indirectly) how can that motivates players?, further more playing young players is a political trick by managers to gain fans backing as to which tarlent deserve a place some of us never bodered, Sterling and Suso deserves their place but to play more games then Assaidi and Pacheco has to be lots of question marks, playing Jonjo in an unusual position  i even prefers to see Pacheco in the no10 role ahead of Jonjo who is a CM, Enrique and Robinson is our leftbacks but i ?.

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:40 pm »
Draw I'm afraid after dominating most of the game.
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline Welsh Dragon

• Anny Roader
  • It stinks of fish in here!
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »

.... and that's why I love RAWK  :wave
WTF!!! This gave me pins and needles in my eyes! We would look like a bunch of Bulgarian Ice skaters wearing that! Wank!  ;)

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:05 pm »
.... and that's why I love RAWK  :wave

Me too, loads of different opinions, some who you will agree with and others you won't. Just as the guy next to me at the match already wants Rodgers gone and I don't!

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2012, 09:16:32 pm »

Are you serious? Jesus christ get a grip.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »
Are you serious? Jesus christ get a grip.

Just my opinion.

Offline Welsh Dragon

• Anny Roader
  • It stinks of fish in here!
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »
Me too, loads of different opinions, some who you will agree with and others you won't. Just as the guy next to me at the match already wants Rodgers gone and I don't!

I don't mind opinion but but but... c'mon fella do you seriously believe we'll be in a relegation scrap? seriously?
WTF!!! This gave me pins and needles in my eyes! We would look like a bunch of Bulgarian Ice skaters wearing that! Wank!  ;)

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »
I don't mind opinion but but but... c'mon fella do you seriously believe we'll be in a relegation scrap? seriously?

I hope not but i'll be worried if we're not well clear in a few weeks. We're only 7 points off it right now and we've got tough fixtures after the QPR game.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2012, 09:39:35 pm »

If I recall correctly, he's been saying that pretty much after every defeat this season. Quiet when we're winning though funnily enough. You'd think he'd be celebrating getting that bit closer to safety.

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:00 pm »
Id hate to say it but I think we'll lose this, at the very best draw.  :'(
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »
If I recall correctly, he's been saying that pretty much after every defeat this season. Quiet when we're winning though funnily enough. You'd think he'd be celebrating getting that bit closer to safety.

I haven't, but fine, whatever you think. You keep pretending everything's magically going to sort itself out.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »
Not confident. seems the type of game we'll lose, or draw. Away at a team we should beat and whatnot.

Sterling back at his old club?
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »
QPR (A)
Sunderland (H)
UTD (A)
Arsenal (A)
Norwich (H)
City (A)

Thats whats facing us guys. Like it or not, the next 6 weeks are going to be a rough ride.

Lets start it off with a win eh?! Come on redmen lets bounce back and end this shit year strong!!

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »
Wouldn't play carragher against cisse for me.

Reina

Johnson      Agger.            Skrtel.          Enrique

Lucas
                   Allen.               Henderson
Downing.                                           Sterling
                            Suarez

I think Gerrard needs a rest. But we really need to get the ball to our wingers and stay strong in the middle. Allen will help us control the game, lucas will sit, Henderson / Gerrard will attack open spaces.

I think downing has played well and needs to continue playing.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
I haven't, but fine, whatever you think. You keep pretending everything's magically going to sort itself out.

Like last season you mean, when you refused to say anything bad about the team when they only picked up 18 points from January onwards?

Or is it fair game as Brendan Rodgers is in charge now?

This place is going to shit, mud slinging every where. People can't wait to say how fucking shit we are. We get were not in a good place right now but being negative all the time helps no one. An all it does is create horrible atmosphere. What happened to support?

Seem are just waiting around the corner for us to fail an revel in it an its messed.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:49 pm »
I'm supporting, I'm going to the games and giving my full backing. I'm not going to pretend everything is fine though because it isn't.