Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3156093 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #39000 on: August 9, 2023, 11:35:16 am »
Ward-Prowse has years of loyalty on bad teams to his credit. If ever you were going to compromise on a price and look after a player it’d be him. Not Lavia.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39001 on: August 9, 2023, 11:37:17 am »
think Aguerd would be a good signing. Although West Ham dont need money now.

His injury history is poor. 40 games missed in the last 3 years because of his ankle. Absolutely not.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39002 on: August 9, 2023, 11:41:34 am »
Ward-Prowse has years of loyalty on bad teams to his credit. If ever you were going to compromise on a price and look after a player it’d be him. Not Lavia.

Lavia also has a 20% sell on fee in his contract. There's no incentive for them to budge on their valuation.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39003 on: August 9, 2023, 11:42:24 am »
What are we expecting from this new CB that people are wanting? Because unless the tactics change I am not sure it will make much difference anyway.

It won't change that much but that should not be an excuse to avoid signing players and also having a more athletic, quicker defender will help immensely. We absolutely need one.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39004 on: August 9, 2023, 11:43:22 am »
It appears that it's my more important to appear resolute than it is to address our midfield concerns.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #39005 on: August 9, 2023, 11:49:08 am »
Such a pity that early in the window everyone was praising our deals, whereas now it's turned to such negative vibes.  :butt

It's a shit show I am afraid. Everyone here can see it.

We are not acting like a top level, ambitious club.

Really sad to see and some will say "well, there are deals to come."

Don't see it. Lavia has been a fucking farce. Pay the marker rate or move on,
this is so embarrasing now. Anyone would think we trying to prise Harry Kane from Daniel Levy here.

We are so far behind the market, it's untrue.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #39006 on: August 9, 2023, 11:57:49 am »
It won't change that much but that should not be an excuse to avoid signing players and also having a more athletic, quicker defender will help immensely. We absolutely need one.

It will make little difference unless we adjust our play accordingly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #39007 on: August 9, 2023, 11:59:55 am »
Every valuation I’ve seen has been around £30m from multiple sources.

Either way it’s not a good look for our crack team of negotiators.

Saints are leaking the bids from what I’ve read

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39008 on: August 9, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
It will make little difference unless we adjust our play accordingly.

But having more athletic players helps. On Monday, Konate had to charge across as Virgil wasn't bursting a gut and its not as if Robertson is as powerful as he was in terms of getting up and down. Even if we play a more pragmatic system, its absolutely necessary that this team needs a big injection of pace, power and energy.

Thus far we have signed two players who appear to be better going forward. How on earth we haven't addressed the fact that defending abd being bullied out of games was a big problem is a bit odd. But hopefully we get that addressed within the next 2-3 weeks because sorry, its not a excuse to say "oh well we don't need footballers because of this system". We need two defensive minded players with lots of physicality, minimum.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #39009 on: August 9, 2023, 12:05:06 pm »
But having more athletic players helps. On Monday, Konate had to charge across as Virgil wasn't bursting a gut and its not as if Robertson is as powerful as he was in terms of getting up and down. Even if we play a more pragmatic system, its absolutely necessary that this team needs a big injection of pace, power and energy.

Thus far we have signed two players who appear to be better going forward. How on earth we haven't addressed the fact that defending abd being bullied out of games was a big problem is a bit odd. But hopefully we get that addressed within the next 2-3 weeks because sorry, its not a excuse to say "oh well we don't need footballers because of this system". We need two defensive minded players with lots of physicality, minimum.

Not saying we don’t need signings as well, but new players are not going to solve everything. We need to make adjustments to our overall system as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39010 on: August 9, 2023, 12:05:10 pm »
It's a shit show I am afraid. Everyone here can see it.

We are not acting like a top level, ambitious club.

Really sad to see and some will say "well, there are deals to come."

Don't see it. Lavia has been a fucking farce. Pay the marker rate or move on,
this is so embarrasing now. Anyone would think we trying to prise Harry Kane from Daniel Levy here.

We are so far behind the market, it's untrue.

I'll be honest, I've seen loads of people talk about the Lavia thing being embarrassing and I don't really get it. I understand being annoyed that we haven't got a No6 in time for the season starting, but why are you embarrassed? Who really cares if some bids have been rejected? All clubs negotiate on transfers. We're hardly the first big club to have bids rejected for a player...

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #39011 on: August 9, 2023, 12:06:18 pm »
I'll be honest, I've seen loads of people talk about the Lavia thing being embarrassing and I don't really get it. I understand being annoyed that we haven't got a No6 in time for the season starting, but why are you embarrassed? Who really cares if some bids have been rejected? All clubs negotiate on transfers. We're hardly the first big club to have bids rejected for a player...

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39012 on: August 9, 2023, 12:07:03 pm »
Give it a rest Craig. Even our captain has said he understands fans having doubts.
We should not be selling 2 defensive midfield players with no replacement in. Especially with the away games we have & the very poor record we had last season.
This is not bedwetting it is a very valid concern.
We need multiple players(wont happen) so this delay in the Lavia deal is doing us no favours considering by all accounts we are not close to signing anyone else

Weird. You seem to have replied to my post as if I said we don’t need more signings. Bizarre.

What I actually said is no one thinks we’re “silly” because bids have been made public that we’ve made which are under what Southampton are apparently wanting.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39013 on: August 9, 2023, 12:07:33 pm »
Not saying we don’t need signings as well, but new players are not going to solve everything. We need to make adjustments to our overall system as well.

Agree. But how much of the system is based on the players we have and vice versa. Klopp is more pragmatic than people think and he isn't wedded to one system. Get the players with the quality we need and I believe there would be changes. We don't have a team of unstoppable's anymore, I believe someone like Robertson is on borrowed time.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39014 on: August 9, 2023, 12:13:11 pm »
It is looking highly likely Calvin Ramsay will return to Liverpool after more issues with injury following on from surgery earlier in the year (twitter source)

I was wondering why he wasn't in PNE's squad for the weekend, and last night EFL

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #39015 on: August 9, 2023, 12:16:56 pm »
It is looking highly likely Calvin Ramsay will return to Liverpool after more issues with injury following on from surgery earlier in the year (twitter source)

I was wondering why he wasn't in PNE's squad for the weekend, and last night EFL

Poor guy can't catch a break.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #39016 on: August 9, 2023, 12:24:02 pm »
Such a pity that early in the window everyone was praising our deals, whereas now it's turned to such negative vibes.  :butt

The thing for me is, that we looked like we knew what we were doing at the start of the window. We knew which players we wanted, we went and got them. I would then have hoped that after losing both Henderson and Fabinho we would react quickly and try and get replacements in as soon as possible to give them some time to get here before the season starts. It's almost two weeks since the announcement that Henderson was leaving (and there was talk and negotiations for days and weeks before that) and there seems to have been very little movement in terms of the club going after replacements. There's still time in the transfer window and at the end of the day, getting (a) new player(s) in now or in a week doesn't really change that much overall. It just seems a bit weird, that the club were willing to let go two of our senior players without making sure first that they can react swiftly and bring in some reinforcements...

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #39017 on: August 9, 2023, 12:28:42 pm »

Completely agree with you BD, in fact I'd go as far as to say that 80% of RAWKites are absolute c*nts. The other 20% are just twats.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39018 on: August 9, 2023, 12:33:35 pm »
Completely agree with you BD, in fact I'd go as far as to say that 80% of RAWKites are absolute c*nts. The other 20% are just twats.

What about the other 15% though?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #39019 on: August 9, 2023, 12:34:11 pm »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39020 on: August 9, 2023, 12:35:40 pm »
Silly in whose eyes? The bed wetters? The over dramatic?
Not specifically related to the Lavia deal but do you think FSG have done a good job with regards to transfers this summer?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39021 on: August 9, 2023, 12:35:47 pm »
Their twats who are shit at maths  ;)

And 5% whose grammer is rubbish as well.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #39022 on: August 9, 2023, 12:36:46 pm »
Saints are leaking the bids from what I’ve read

If it is Saints leaking bids then why are our local journalists stating what we are going to bid and when. Unless Southampton have Nostradamus as DoF how could they possibly leak information about a bid we haven't made yet?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39023 on: August 9, 2023, 12:38:39 pm »
Ah the usual suspects still doing the bed wetters bollocks. Carry on lads, not as if the season starts.. this week.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39024 on: August 9, 2023, 12:41:36 pm »
It just seems a bit weird, that the club were willing to let go two of our senior players without making sure first that they can react swiftly and bring in some reinforcements...

I think it says plenty about where we are as a club. Badly-run, owned by risk-avoidant accountants with no interest in success on the field whatsoever, really.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39025 on: August 9, 2023, 12:41:40 pm »
You would normally expect this type of long , drawn out saga with a top, established player. Not with a teenager who has one year of PL experience and has already been cast aside by another top club. I hope he is worth it.

He is. Assuming it goes through, I suspect a lot of people are going to feel very silly about their comments regarding "a relegated 19-year-old with 29 Premier League appearances."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #39026 on: August 9, 2023, 12:46:00 pm »
Whilst the moderation team accept and recognise the innate links between the clubs ownership and the sanctioning of transfers we'd just like to point out that this thread is to discuss LFC transfers only.

There is a separate thread to discuss the owners here:

FSG discussion thread

Please do not derail the transfer thread ::) with posts relating to the owners.

And likewise, please do not derail the FSG thread with posts relating to transfers [speculation].

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #39027 on: August 9, 2023, 12:46:23 pm »

Absolutely

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #39028 on: August 9, 2023, 12:47:09 pm »
It just seems a bit weird, that the club were willing to let go two of our senior players without making sure first that they can react swiftly and bring in some reinforcements...
Think it was piss poor to be honest. We should've put our foot down and told Hendo he was going nowhere till we signed a replacement. It's not like he had a longstanding wish to leave and we were getting a huge fee.

Messing around a few days from our first match is not our style and it just hurts the progress of new players. There's a reason Jurgen wants a proper preseason.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39029 on: August 9, 2023, 12:47:35 pm »
Ah the usual suspects still doing the bed wetters bollocks. Carry on lads, not as if the season starts.. this week.
Agreed mate. Virgil should shut his mouth and concentrate on the game instead of moaning about transfers.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39030 on: August 9, 2023, 12:48:00 pm »
It was always £40m
West Ham had a £30m rejected about a week ago
https://theathletic.com/4742251/2023/08/02/west-ham-ward-prowse-transfer/

Sky sports reporting the deal is worth the £30m that was rejected last month but with more favourable payment terms and conditions for Southampton.

« Reply #39031 on: August 9, 2023, 12:49:01 pm »
Joyce’s article is a bit more concerning, first time a Liverpool journalist has indicated the decision making isn’t on point, describes it as fuzzy.
We've all seen this and it's clear in how unbalanced our squad is.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #39032 on: August 9, 2023, 12:49:02 pm »
I think it pretty obvious Klopp, by the ages of the squad,is setting up this team to peak at the end of his contract, giving whoever succeeds him the best opportunity to succeed. 
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39033 on: August 9, 2023, 12:51:37 pm »

Just looks like people talking about transfers, in the transfer thread, not surprising as we should have signed a 6 by now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39034 on: August 9, 2023, 12:56:01 pm »
I do recall some comments early in the May time frame when we ran away from Bellingham where we said we couldn't spend all our budget on Bellingham because we needed a big rebuild...well here we are

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39035 on: August 9, 2023, 12:56:25 pm »
You would normally expect this type of long , drawn out saga with a top, established player. Not with a teenager who has one year of PL experience and has already been cast aside by another top club. I hope he is worth it.

It's been just over two weeks since we made our move for Lavia. A saga it ain't. Think because we live and breathe Liverpool it feels that way, with every update from journos pored over. But it's not a deal that's taking particularly long in the grand scheme of things. The problem, of course, is that the season starts imminently which makes every day without progress feel like a week.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #39036 on: August 9, 2023, 12:56:49 pm »

I took it that Klopp and the coaching staff would rather focus their efforts, plans and time on players who are going to be used this season rather than have the distraction of two senior players hanging around, one of whom is the captain,  possibly training on their own for weeks.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39037 on: August 9, 2023, 12:57:50 pm »
Saints manager says Lavia wont be leaving this week but things could change. To state the obvious.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39038 on: August 9, 2023, 12:58:56 pm »
It's been just over two weeks since we made our move for Lavia. A saga it ain't. Think because we live and breathe Liverpool it feels that way, with every update from journos pored over. But it's not a deal that's taking particularly long in the grand scheme of things. The problem, of course, is that the season starts imminently which makes every day without progress feel like a week.

The journos have also been saying we have been weighing the move for Lavia for weeks before that - sprinkled in with some Andre - and here we are.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #39039 on: August 9, 2023, 01:00:50 pm »
I think it pretty obvious Klopp, by the ages of the squad,is setting up this team to peak at the end of his contract, giving whoever succeeds him the best opportunity to succeed.
I'm kind of hoping he signs another extension, so that he can see the fruits of his labour.