Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70576 times)

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #800 on: June 25, 2014, 10:03:43 pm »
Lugano claiming the mark on Chiellini`s shoulder is an old scar
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #801 on: June 25, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »
Lugano claiming the mark on Chiellini`s shoulder is an old scar

Is a picture a page or two back which backs that up too by the looks of it.

to be honest I said at the time the mark didn't look like a bite as only showed what would be a mark from the lower jaw, and given the size of Suarez's front teeth if he had bit him them you'd definitely have a mark from the top teeth.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #802 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:30 pm »
Is a picture a page or two back which backs that up too by the looks of it.

to be honest I said at the time the mark didn't look like a bite as only showed what would be a mark from the lower jaw, and given the size of Suarez's front teeth if he had bit him them you'd definitely have a mark from the top teeth.

Yeah, the physical evidence is dodgy, it's just that the video evidence isn't flattering. 
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #803 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:48 pm »
Yeah, the physical evidence is dodgy, it's just that the video evidence isn't flattering.

It certainly looks in the video like he did that's for sure, but guess will see what FIFA decide.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #804 on: June 25, 2014, 10:11:03 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28026610

Luis Suarez: Uruguay captain Lugano dismisses 'bite' claims

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano denies Luis Suarez bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Fifa, world football's governing body, opened disciplinary proceedings after Uruguay's 1-0 win on Tuesday and has requested television footage.

A member of the committee has told BBC Sport he believes a decision over Suarez will be made soon.
Martin Hong of the Hong Kong FA said: "We'll decide either tonight or tomorrow."
Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi believes the player is a victim of a European-based campaign against him.
"We don't have any doubts that this has happened because it's Suarez and secondly because Italy was eliminated," Balbi, who is also a Uruguay FA board member, said.
"There's a lot of pressure from England and Italy. We're polishing off a defence argument."

Read a transcript of Lugano's exchange with BBC sports news reporter Ben Smith at Uruguay's news conference below.
Diego Lugano to the BBC

Diego Lugano
Lugano was released by West Brom at the end of last season
BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"
Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"
BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"
Lugano: "No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."
BBC: "Why then has Fifa charged Luis Suarez?"
Lugano: "I don't know. As far as I know."
BBC: "Are British media to blame?"

Lugano: "No. Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suarez. It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don't know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suarez. It must be popular with the British media. I don't see another explanation.

"But we're happy with yesterday's win. You don't look that happy with Uruguay's victory but, well, now comes the hardest part which is facing what I believe is the best team so far in the tournament. Colombia has scored a lot of goals and won easily."

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #805 on: June 25, 2014, 10:11:56 pm »
This is funny...lighthearted cartoon vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2pUU2valTE#t=25
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:32 pm »
Sorry haven't read the last few pages, what's the latest? Uruguay had until 9pm to respond to FIFA, any idea what their official response was?

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #807 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:59 pm »
Sorry haven't read the last few pages, what's the latest? Uruguay had until 9pm to respond to FIFA, any idea what their official response was?

Fook off.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #808 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:26 pm »

I know Luis may have been in the wrong, but Chiellini looks a right twat in this picture.  Maybe he deserved it.  All is forgiven.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:16 pm »
Fook off.

Can you translate that into Uruguayanese?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #810 on: June 25, 2014, 10:21:38 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28026610

Luis Suarez: Uruguay captain Lugano dismisses 'bite' claims

I hate the thought of this fucking twat in Luis's ear.

Truth is I hate Lugano, but that's neither here nor there.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #811 on: June 25, 2014, 10:22:03 pm »
I hate the thought of this fucking twat in Luis's ear.

Truth is I hate Lugano, but that's neither here nor there.

;D

Offline fletched

• Anny Roader
    • My Website
« Reply #812 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:33 pm »
6 match international ban

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #813 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:45 pm »
Can you translate that into Uruguayanese?

ookfay ffoay

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban

Uruguayan FA defends Luis Suárez, claiming bite marks are Photoshopped
• Fifa insiders expect six-match ban as the punishment
• Fowler: ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if he left Liverpool now’
• Daniel Taylor: Suárez adds to story of violence and deceit

Owen Gibson in Rio de Janeiro
The Guardian, Wednesday 25 June 2014 16.30 EDT

The Uruguayan Football Association has gone on the offensive in an effort to save Luis Suárez from a lengthy ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini, claiming he is the victim of a smear campaign by the Italians, the English media and the Brazilian hosts.

As Suárez came under pressure from his sponsors, fellow professionals and Fifa’s disciplinary committee after sinking his teeth into Chiellini’s shoulder, the Uruguayan FA attempted to circle the wagons.

Executives from Adidas, the sportswear company that said it would be “reminding Suárez of his responsibilities” when he previously bit Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic and earned a 10-match ban, met in Rio on Wednesday for crisis talks. The poker firm 888.com is also reviewing its contract with Suárez.

Fifa’s disciplinary committee, chaired by the former Switzerland striker Claudio Sulser, was meeting on Wednesday night having given the Uruguayan FA and Suárez a 5pm deadline to submit evidence.

After considering footage of the incident, including angles not shown on television, and other material including witness statements and the referee’s report, Sulser’s committee will decide on a sanction and whether it should apply to all matches or just international fixtures. Either way, Suárez’s World Cup appears to be over.

Senior Fifa insiders, while stressing that Sulser’s committee is independent, said they expected at least a six-game ban for Suárez. Any sanction greater than three matches or two months leaves open the prospect of an appeal.

Fifa promised to resolve the case “urgently” given Uruguay’s looming last-16 clash with Colombia in Rio on Saturday and said it was up to Sulser’s committee whether to take previous incidents into account when deciding the sanction.

Suárez’s lawyer, Alejandro Balbi, said he was preparing a case to show Suárez had been unfairly targeted and would use “all the arguments possible” to clear his client. “We don’t have any doubts that this has happened because it’s Suárez involved and secondly because Italy have been eliminated,” he told Uruguayan radio. “There’s a lot of pressure from England and Italy. There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we are convinced that it was an absolutely casual play, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suárez can show a bruised and an almost closed eye.”

The Uruguayan FA also claim that images of bite marks on Chiellini’s shoulder had been Photoshopped to make them appear worse than they were. “If every player starts showing the injuries he suffers and they open inquiries for them everything will be way too complicated in the future,” Balbi said. “We’re going to use all the arguments possible so that Luis gets out in the best possible way.

“You shouldn’t forget that we’re rivals of many and we can be for the hosts [Brazil] in the future. This does not go against what might have happened, but there’s no doubt that Suárez is a stone in the shoe for many.”

The Uruguayan FA president, Wilmar Valdez, told local media the proof against Suárez is not “convincing.”

“We’ve prepared another video of the game in which we discovered there was other behaviour similar to Suárez’s in the game which did not generate a similar reaction from the press,” Valdez told the leading newspaper El Observador.

The Uruguay captain, Diego Lugano, claimed the television pictures of the incident “don’t show anything” and were “nothing important”. He also claimed the British press has an agenda.

“Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suárez,” he said. “It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don’t know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suárez. It must be popular with the British media. I don’t see another explanation.”

The Uruguayan media accused other countries of launching a “manhunt” against Suárez. “‘Monster’: The British press’s new manhunt against Suárez,” said El Observador. “English newspapers return to attacking the Uruguayan after the alleged biting of Chiellini,” the article said.

Theoretically, Fifa could ban Suárez from football worldwide for up to two years or 24 matches. But while the governing body has previously banned officials and executives from all football activity, there is no precedent for a player to be banned from domestic as well as international matches.

At Liverpool, their manager, Brendan Rodgers, at the end of last season lauded the “phenomenal” Suárez for his “maturity as a person and his continuing development as a player”. He also praised the sports psychologist Dr Steve Peters for helping to improve the player’s behaviour.

Although Liverpool are closely monitoring the latest controversy involving their striker, it is not thought to have altered their resolve to hold on to him. The club stood by Suárez through his eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra and his 10-game ban for biting Ivanovic.

But the latest furore to surround Suárez could impact on the enthusiasm of Barcelona or Real Madrid to try to prise last season’s double footballer of the year from Anfield.In an editorial in the Spanish newspaper AS, Alfredo Relaño said he would “encourage Barcelona and Madrid now to sign any player other than him”.

The Professional Footballers’ Association chief executive, Gordon Taylor, said he fears for the 27-year-old’s future in the game after this third biting incident.

“It can’t be acceptable and from that point of view there are serious issues to be dealt with and they’re health issues, counselling issues, mental-health issues,” he said. “It certainly needs that to try to eradicate this from his make-up, otherwise I fear for his career.”

The former Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler, no stranger to controversy during his Anfield career, said he was “flummoxed” by Suárez’s actions. “It’s a real, real tough predicament most Liverpool fans are in,” he said. “They love him as a player but he’s continually dragging the club’s name through the mud. It’s not right, especially after how they helped him last time. They tried to rehabilitate him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went now.”

Immediately after the match against Italy, Suárez said: “These situations happen on the pitch, we were both just inside the area, he struck me in the chest with his shoulder and he hit me in the eye as well.”

Chiellini, however, insisted Suárez should have been sent off. The 29-year-old defender told Rai TV: “It was ridiculous not to send Suárez off, it is clear, clear-cut and there was the obvious dive afterwards because he knew very well that he did something that he shouldn’t have done.”

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #815 on: June 25, 2014, 10:36:28 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-biting-psychologists-child-behaviour

Luis Suárez 'exhibits behaviour of a frustrated child' by biting
Emotion rather than reason triggers infantile biting say psychologists, who are urging the striker to seek help

The Guardian, Wednesday 25 June 2014 16.19 EDT
Jump to comments (26)
Luis Suarez biting

Psychologists believe the striker exhibits signs of not being able to control his urges, despite knowing the likely consequences. Photograph: Carlos Barria/Reuters

In apparently biting the Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini on Tuesday, Luis Suárez exhibited the behaviour of a frustrated child unable to control his emotions, according to psychologists, who urged the Uruguay and Liverpool forward to seek professional help.

After biting opponents on two previous occasions, in Holland and England, Suárez was given lengthy bans of seven and 10 matches respectively, which added to the shock that he would risk such a punishment again by transgressing in front of the cameras in such a high-profile match. Fifa, football's world governing body, said on Wednesday morning that it opened a disciplinary case against the player.

Dr Abigael San, a clinical psychologist from north London, said it was because Suárez was led by his emotions, which he was unable to control in the way most people do, as opposed to reason.

"People do repeat behaviour like this when they know the consequences are bad," she said. "It's to do with not being able to control your urges. You can't think rationally when you're emotionally aroused." She added that the biting was "very infantile, so emotionally he's rather arrested".

San said that anger management therapy with a psychologist could help the striker "to start recognising the early warning signs for the anger and frustration building up". She said signs such as tension in the back and shoulders could manifest themselves in his body.

After the previous incident, in April last year, when Suárez's bite of Branislav Ivanovic's forearm while playing for Liverpool against Chelsea at Anfield earned him a 10-game suspension, he was offered anger management counselling by the players' union, the PFA. It is unclear whether he took up the offer – the release of such information could only be authorised by Suárez because of psychologist-patient confidentiality – but San said such therapy would work only if the footballer believed it was the right thing to do. To this end, she suggested there was motivational work that could be done with him initially to persuade him of its benefits. "Everyone can be treated if they want to be treated," she said.

Dr Saima Latif, a psychologist in Cheshire, said that, if Suárez had attended counselling, it was clear he had not been able to put it into practice and suggested an alternative approach. "Rather than just sending him to an anger management programme, get him to talk to victims of physical violence," she said. "They will be able to tell him how it made them feel, how it affected their lives."

She agreed that Suárez had shown infantile behaviour. "It's like a child biting when they get frustrated or angry, usually about the age of three or four," she said. At the time of the alleged offence, Uruguay were drawing 0-0 with Italy, a result that would have eliminated the South American team from the tournament.

Latif said that psychotherapy could help identify the root of Suárez's issues. "Maybe he was bullied in childhood or bitten," she said. "How many times do we not know of? Maybe in his own private life he has bitten friends or relatives."

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #816 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:06 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-biting-psychologists-child-behaviour

Luis Suárez 'exhibits behaviour of a frustrated child' by biting
Emotion rather than reason triggers infantile biting say psychologists, who are urging the striker to seek help

The Guardian, Wednesday 25 June 2014 16.19 EDT
Jump to comments (26)
Luis Suarez biting

Psychologists believe the striker exhibits signs of not being able to control his urges, despite knowing the likely consequences. Photograph: Carlos Barria/Reuters

In apparently biting the Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini on Tuesday, Luis Suárez exhibited the behaviour of a frustrated child unable to control his emotions, according to psychologists, who urged the Uruguay and Liverpool forward to seek professional help.

After biting opponents on two previous occasions, in Holland and England, Suárez was given lengthy bans of seven and 10 matches respectively, which added to the shock that he would risk such a punishment again by transgressing in front of the cameras in such a high-profile match. Fifa, football's world governing body, said on Wednesday morning that it opened a disciplinary case against the player.

Dr Abigael San, a clinical psychologist from north London, said it was because Suárez was led by his emotions, which he was unable to control in the way most people do, as opposed to reason.

"People do repeat behaviour like this when they know the consequences are bad," she said. "It's to do with not being able to control your urges. You can't think rationally when you're emotionally aroused." She added that the biting was "very infantile, so emotionally he's rather arrested".

San said that anger management therapy with a psychologist could help the striker "to start recognising the early warning signs for the anger and frustration building up". She said signs such as tension in the back and shoulders could manifest themselves in his body.

After the previous incident, in April last year, when Suárez's bite of Branislav Ivanovic's forearm while playing for Liverpool against Chelsea at Anfield earned him a 10-game suspension, he was offered anger management counselling by the players' union, the PFA. It is unclear whether he took up the offer – the release of such information could only be authorised by Suárez because of psychologist-patient confidentiality – but San said such therapy would work only if the footballer believed it was the right thing to do. To this end, she suggested there was motivational work that could be done with him initially to persuade him of its benefits. "Everyone can be treated if they want to be treated," she said.

Dr Saima Latif, a psychologist in Cheshire, said that, if Suárez had attended counselling, it was clear he had not been able to put it into practice and suggested an alternative approach. "Rather than just sending him to an anger management programme, get him to talk to victims of physical violence," she said. "They will be able to tell him how it made them feel, how it affected their lives."

She agreed that Suárez had shown infantile behaviour. "It's like a child biting when they get frustrated or angry, usually about the age of three or four," she said. At the time of the alleged offence, Uruguay were drawing 0-0 with Italy, a result that would have eliminated the South American team from the tournament.

Latif said that psychotherapy could help identify the root of Suárez's issues. "Maybe he was bullied in childhood or bitten," she said. "How many times do we not know of? Maybe in his own private life he has bitten friends or relatives."

kinell.  Wheeling out psychologists from London and Cheshire for views.  Press over here don't half go to town.  They'll implode if the punishment is somewhere short of a hanging.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #817 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:46 pm »

She can fuck right off. What gives professional people the right to make unsubstantiated claims that Suárez runs around biting his friends and family. I would sue the absolte fuck out of her. Newspapers will be running with "Experts suggest Suárez has bitten his own children" soon enough.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »
"How many times do we not know of? Maybe in his own private life he has bitten friends or relatives."
;D

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »
6 matches international is fair.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #820 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »
6 match international ban

Confirmed or opinion?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #821 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:53 pm »

Straight from the horse's, er, mouth.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Redschach

• Boys Pen
  • I was there when the plane turned left 29/8/17
« Reply #822 on: June 25, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »
"There have been players who have had a little publicity and have been naughty boys. They have done wrong, but I'm not sure that they were all basically wrong. I would have liked the chance to have used my psychology on some of them. I wouldn't guarantee that I could have done anything with them, but I had my way of dealing with players." Bill Shankly from Shankly My Story.

I'm reading his autobiography at the moment and this passage struck a chord with me in light of current events.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #823 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »
I don't think he does it after being provoked though, it didn't appear that way against Ivanovic, and didn't appear that way last night. I mean he has been provoked, kicked, fouled all over the show in some games for us and not lashed out. It more seems when he is frustrated imo.

I think Ivanovic knew what strings to pull with Suarez. The season before at Anfield, Suarez kicked him in the back and I could hear him scream on the Kop

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #824 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »
Straight from the horse's, er, mouth.
Eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2014, 11:05:57 pm »
Don't even know what to think about this. The way football has evolved is just really strange, I don't this issue should be made light of at all - but this is world news and scrolling down to the bottom of the sky sports app there's a news story about some rugby player having received a 5 match ban for head butting a fellow professional. The media is a big part in this but then you have to feel that this behaviour on Luis' part is just odd and needs dealing with because of how odd it is. I don't know that the reaction to isn't just as odd though when you put it all into context.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #826 on: June 25, 2014, 11:07:59 pm »
Eh?

Quote from: L.Suarez on Today at 10:42:56 PM

Just a wee joke.  Very wee.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2014, 11:11:04 pm »
Quote from: L.Suarez on Today at 10:42:56 PM

Just a wee joke.  Very wee.
ooooh I see
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Brigger

• Boys Pen
« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:41 pm »
First post, so please be kind.

Everyone seems to agree that Luis has anger management issues.

Do you think he would mind if we called him "Nipper"?

;D

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:32 pm »
more of a lurker than anything else but ive had a beer tonight and im fucking fuming about all this. I may be a one man band and this may already have been mentioned but i'm sending complaints to itv and bbc tonight about Chiles and Dixon acting like Luis is an axe murderer when they allowed Keane to be on the payroll having admitted he ended a players career intentionally. Fat boy Hartson is earning coin now spouting off yet he kicked his own fucking teammate in the head. Fucking joke the lot of them. Please feel free to edit as you see fit.

By the way, if someone was to knock up a t shirt with the face rubbing owl on saying 'robbing a living since 1976' then ill have 10
This has had me in stitches for about 5 minutes and I have no idea why :lmao
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
« Reply #830 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:12 pm »
My mum told me to shut up.

My mum said be good, but if you can't be good be careful, if you can't be good or careful don't get caught! Good advice, but I wasn't good, careful and I got caught.

Always listen to your ma.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »
Soap on a rope, now they've got some sports psychologist on newsnight trotting out some trite commentary on Luis' state of mind based on bugger all evidence.

After watching that 0-0 draw between France and Ecuador, this is almost too much to bear. Football, why do you torment me so?

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #832 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:57 pm »
 "How many times do we not know of? Maybe in his own private life he has bitten friends or relatives."
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

It's really amazing how far the British press will go about something that doesn't involve them in any way.

If only they would be so hard core when it comes to discussing England and their decades of failure, topped with the worst tournament since 1958 by the way.

The Owl is laughing all the way to the bank.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: June 25, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »
John cross from the mirror reporting Barça are offering £80 or something

This is john cross who has no Liverpool contacts, or Barça contacts and is in Brazil on the other side of the world....

Make your own minds up
W

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:17 pm »
Soap on a rope, now they've got some sports psychologist on newsnight trotting out some trite commentary on Luis' state of mind based on bugger all evidence.
Switched over straight away. They really have nothing to talk about. Can't believe Suarez hurt Chiellini or even punctured him - there was no blood spilt was there?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #835 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:40 pm »

This is john cross who has no Liverpool contacts, or Barça contacts and is in Brazil on the other side of the world....

Make your own minds up

Wow, his value has dropped.  Ouch.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #836 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »

Make your own minds up

Mind made up: John Cross is a savant.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:27 pm »
From the independent....apologies if already posted

Danny Mills would send him to jail, Alan Shearer would ban him worldwide for “as long as I could”, which under Fifa statutes is two years. What heinous crime could Luis Suarez have committed to prompt such a response from two players who were not exactly shrinking violets on the field?
He bit someone.

He did not fix a match, which strikes at the very heart of sport. He did not use performance-enhancing drugs, which is the most insidious form of cheating. He did not go over the top and break an opponent’s leg, or shatter an opponent’s nose or cheekbone with an elbow. He did not attack a referee (he has done that, head-butting an official, but that was 11 years ago when he was playing youth team football at 16 and he received a long ban).

In my mind these are all worse acts than biting an opponent, especially given it was in the heat of the moment, and he did not pursue the act long enough to draw blood.

What he did was disgusting and horrible, sets a terrible example and would be deeply unpleasant to be a victim of. But Giorgio Chiellini played on. If Suarez had broken his leg with a reckless, even premeditated tackle (it happens) he would have been out until Christmas.

Suarez needs psychiatric help, not a jail sentence. He deserves to be banned, ideally for the duration of the World Cup with a longer sentence suspended on condition he has professional treatment, but is his offence really deserving of a longer ban than a player who has threatened the livelihood of another? It is the shock value, and the recidivism, which has accounted for the publicity and outrage.

There is also, clearly, a cultural issue. In Italy, according to a SkyItalia reporter, they are more interested in assessing who is to blame for the Azzurri being out of the World Cup at the group stage (Mario Balotelli appears to be receiving more blame than Suarez). In Brazil the incident seems to  be regarded as comedy rather than horror.

In England, however, Suarez is beyond the pale. Diving, biting, cheating: he fits our stereotype of the South American footballing bad guy, the latest in a long line stretching back past Diego Maradona to Antonio Rattin. There is also a place, it should be said, for lovable South Americans, such as Ossie Ardiles, Gus Poyet, and all things Brazilian.

And yet, if the behaviour of Uruguayan Suarez is so reprehensible, how is it Dylan Hartley is still being picked for England’s rugby union team? The hooker was banned for eight weeks for biting the finger of Ireland’s Steven Ferris in a Six Nations international in 2012 – and a finger is rather more vulnerable than a shoulder. Nor was it his first, or last, offence. In 2007 Hartley was banned for six months for eye gouging, which, considering the possible consequences, is far worse than nibbling on a shoulder. He was also banned for punching an opponent and for abusing a referee. Last week this serial offender started for England against New Zealand, his 56th cap. No one seemed to be outraged

Worth noting that the story about Suarez head butting an official has never ever been verified
W

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #838 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »
Mind made up: John Cross is a savant.

I think he's more the idiot part.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: June 25, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »
She can fuck right off. What gives professional people the right to make unsubstantiated claims that Suárez runs around biting his friends and family. I would sue the absolte fuck out of her. Newspapers will be running with "Experts suggest Suárez has bitten his own children" soon enough.
this. what that woman said is slander ( and the paper is guilty of libel for printing it )