Author Topic: SWFC v Newcastle FACup Fans put in danger.  (Read 1074 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
SWFC v Newcastle FACup Fans put in danger.
« on: March 14, 2024, 07:35:51 pm »
Hillsborough crowds incident during Newcastle tie a near miss, council told https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-68567614
What it doesn’t say
The Leppings lane terrace may be seated, but the tunnel is still the same death trap as it was in 89.
The shithouse club tried to blame the NUFC fans but have now accepted their stewarding and crowd safety was shit, and their ground needs knocking flat
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 07:39:57 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: SWFC v Newcastle FACup Fans put in danger.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 07:50:30 pm »
Sheffield Wednesday tried to hide the safety report into that match and the council tried to suppress the safety meeting as well.

The leppings lane end has also had its capacity quietly reduced over the course of the season as well

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 08:36:13 pm »
Sheffield Wednesday tried to hide the safety report into that match and the council tried to suppress the safety meeting as well.

The leppings lane end has also had its capacity quietly reduced over the course of the season as well

Should be reduced to zero.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 08:40:02 pm »
Fucking covering up c*nts. Just fucking demolish that stand
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 08:46:49 pm »
I felt physically sick seeing pictures of that tunnel again on the telly tonight, especially given that it is still in operation! I'm convinced that the only reason I'm alive today is because I managed to fight my way back through that tunnel from the terrace before the main crush started. I was lucky that I knew the layout and that I could get to the outer pens from the sides. I can't believe that place hasn't been levelled, I still have nightmares about it. Obviously profit before safety over there.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 10:04:55 pm »
Fucking covering up c*nts. Just fucking demolish that stand
It should have been demolished after the disaster, shouldn't it?

Near misses on a number of occasions before that fateful day, and near misses after it too. It's a proven death trap.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 10:07:27 pm »
Should have been forced to demolish the stand. How did it survive the Taylor Report? All they've done is put seats in the lower tier and take out the fences and pens.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 11:45:45 pm »
That whole shithole should be demolished.   

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 11:55:23 pm »
Bastard Club, Council and Police.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 10:18:40 am »

Have you got a source for this please?

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 01:01:16 pm »
I felt physically sick seeing pictures of that tunnel again on the telly tonight, especially given that it is still in operation! I'm convinced that the only reason I'm alive today is because I managed to fight my way back through that tunnel from the terrace before the main crush started. I was lucky that I knew the layout and that I could get to the outer pens from the sides. I can't believe that place hasn't been levelled, I still have nightmares about it. Obviously profit before safety over there.

It was a jolt seeing the view down to the pitch through the tunnel. A coat of paint and some modern lighting seemed to be the only difference. The angle on the slope down was there.
Hope it didn’t mess your head too much mate.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 01:11:09 pm »
How the fuck does that place hold a safety certificate? It needs condemning. Not fit for purpose!!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 06:41:49 pm »
It was a jolt seeing the view down to the pitch through the tunnel. A coat of paint and some modern lighting seemed to be the only difference. The angle on the slope down was there.
Hope it didn’t mess your head too much mate.

I think the way they shot that footage was deliberate and it did have the desired effect, the slope looks steep and it was very sobering. It was a battle getting back up that slope fighting the on rushing crowd, the reoccurring dream is that I never made it. I try not to think about it and it has diminished over time, stuff like this can trigger certain feelings. What's wrong with the people running that club, and the council, I mean how insensitive and lacking in self awareness can you be?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"