Author Topic: Jermaine Anthony Jenas  (Read 9360 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Jermaine Anthony Jenas
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 09:31:54 am »
If he couldnt whistle he wouldn't know where to wipe his own arse, the daft bastard.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2021, 09:48:03 am »
As I have said many, MANY, times before on this forum, I cannot stand the boring, pointless, pinheaded prick.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2021, 09:57:18 am »
Hansen was quite unique in that he was clearly insightful enough to be a good coach or manager but wanted an easier life so he became a pundit (before the really big bucks came into management).

Nowadays pundits are 10 a penny and are either failed managers (Neville/Roy Keane) or hacks phoning it in who have nothing interesting to say (Rio Ferdinand, Mcmanaman, Murphy, Jenas, Owen etc) and not good enough to manage.

30 years ago they'd have opened a bar or something after they finished playing - after not making that much money as a player - now they cling onto the PL millions via Sky/BT/BBC etc to still earn a good salary and steal a living.
To be fair to Neville, he at least did his coaching badges so has a level of authority/experience to speak from when he discusses football. He still offers some decent tactical insight into the game that someone like Souness or Keane can't.

The majority of these pundits are on TV for hours every day and offer nothing other than stating the bleeding obvious. You can't become a football manager without having the necessary coachng badges so why can you go on TV spouting absolute bollocks without any qualifications.

Another good pundit is Pat Nevin but for some reason he doesn't get as much airtime as others.......
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:02:20 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2021, 10:06:10 am »
Jenas- thick
Murphy. Thicker. And Bitter.
Richards. Much Thicker. And City cheerleader.
Shearer. Better than the 3 above. Just.
Lineker. Vain self publicist with poor humour

A miserable line-up that should be put against a wall and have a cannon loaded with shit fired at them.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2021, 10:13:04 am »
To be fair to Neville, he at least did his coaching badges so has a level of authority/experience to speak from when he discusses football. He still offers some decent tactical insight into the game that someone like Souness or Keane can't.

The majority of these pundits are on TV for hours every day and offer nothing other than stating the bleeding obvious. You can't become a football manager without having the necessary coachng badges so why can you go on TV spouting absolute bollocks without any qualifications.

Another good pundit is Pat Nevin but for some reason he doesn't get as much airtime as others.......

Neville's a c*nt
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2021, 10:17:54 am »

Neville was an embarrassment at Valencia. Both Souness and Keane have far more to offer than the rat.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2021, 10:18:57 am »
Is there a more biased, mean-spirited dunderhead in the world of punditry?  :no

Jenas- thick
Murphy. Thicker. And Bitter.
Richards. Much Thicker. And City cheerleader.
Lineker. Vain self publicist with poor humour

A miserable line-up that should be put against a wall and have a cannon loaded with shit fired at them.

Easy now. Poisoning is quicker and can be pain-free. Bit of mercy wouldn't go amiss.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:20:43 am by Morgana »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2021, 10:21:29 am »
Neville was an embarrassment at Valencia. Both Souness and Keane have far more to offer than the rat.
Keane and Souness are cut from the same cloth and offer next to nothing other than 'he's not trying hard enough' or 'he's not good enough'.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2021, 10:22:05 am »
I used to think Murphy was ok, but he does only ever say one thing. And he says it over and over again. "I hate Rafa because he preferred Alonso over me." Sure, it comes out disguised. But scratch the surface of every comment the poor bloke makes and you can see the Alonso complaint.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2021, 11:26:09 am »
he's so fucking shit at being a pundit and he was largely shit at being a player too
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 11:57:22 am »
I think Shearer is quite good but too often gets suckered into the 'banter'. Bit like the new lad at school who wants to learn but joins in with the dossing to try to fit in.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2021, 12:01:45 pm »
I'm not having these defences of Micah Richards. He's almost as bad as Trevor Sinclair but hides behind a sunny demeanour and embarrassing, water-weak 'banter' but is a mouthpiece of idiocy and misinformation for the glorious benefit of the Rulers of Abu Dhabi. Everything he says it such shite and the way that he and Sinclair speak would make you think City are the white knight saviours of football, rather than ruining it. Richards was even bombed out post takeover for not being good enough, but he still champions the club. I'm certain both are on the payroll in some capacity.

Spot on. He's an Abu Dhabi twat.

But then Jenas is hardly unbiased. He seems to have more of a downer on Liverpool than Murphy.

Shearer is marginally the best of a bad bunch, but he pisses with the wind and contradicts himself to suit his agenda (one week with certain players from certain clubs: "There was contact and he was entitled to go down; it's a penalty all day long" / week after, different certain player from a different certain club: "There was contact, but he's made the most of it and dived; not a penalty for me")
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2021, 12:10:14 pm »

Spot on. He's an Abu Dhabi twat.

But then Jenas is hardly unbiased. He seems to have more of a downer on Liverpool than Murphy.

Shearer is marginally the best of a bad bunch, but he pisses with the wind and contradicts himself to suit his agenda (one week with certain players from certain clubs: "There was contact and he was entitled to go down; it's a penalty all day long" / week after, different certain player from a different certain club: "There was contact, but he's made the most of it and dived; not a penalty for me")
Shearer on Calvert-Lewin dive vs Lovren: "You can’t give someone a reason to go down...”

Shearer on Lallana dive vs Holgate: "Football is a contact sport, you can touch someone without it being a penalty. I don't think that is a penalty at all. There is no way that is a penalty."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2021, 12:23:43 pm »

They have nothing to offer at all.

I think podcasts have shown them up as well. Podcasts with journalists and football writers who know their stuff, or the more fan media with the likes of yourselves. If I ever watch MOTD now I have it recorded and just skip through all the punditry and if I watch a game on Sky now i'll tune in on kick off and pause it at half time.

Just being an ex-England player is enough for Sky/BT/MOTD to give you a platform, even if you're not good enough to be a coach.

Another thing that pisses me off with the pundits is they all have club biases (Neville/Rio/Richards/Shearer et al), apart from ex-LFC players who never seem to favour us (the ones that do are on LFC TV). You can live with that but when you've got many pundits actively against us (like Neville) and nobody to speak up for us, it doesn't help when agendas are pushed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 12:29:43 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2021, 12:42:45 pm »
If he couldnt whistle he wouldn't know where to wipe his own arse, the daft bastard.

;D ;D you've put that image in me head now.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
I think Shearer is quite good but too often gets suckered into the 'banter'. Bit like the new lad at school who wants to learn but joins in with the dossing to try to fit in.
I liked his commentary on the Barca gave on BBC 5Live. It's one of my highlights of 2019, and I still have a listen on the YouTube channel every now and then when I need a big cheer up. But yeah, you do get a sense on the MotD that he's trying to fit in with the rascals sometimes. I do think him and Linekar are a decent duo though. Proper legends the both of them as well. Whereas Richards is just a lip-service-paying Man City alum and a wannabe comedian. Jenas and Murphy are just scumbags.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2021, 02:04:12 pm »
I liked his commentary on the Barca gave on BBC 5Live. It's one of my highlights of 2019, and I still have a listen on the YouTube channel every now and then when I need a big cheer up.

Really would recommend to anyone who hasn't listened to it. You can tell him and Ian Dennis are absolutely buzzing, astounded by what was taking place in front of them. Just joyous. Think that will always soften my opinion of him cos while he is generally shite on MoTD, that will always remain one of my favourite bits of commentary

As for Jenas, he's a non-entity so it's irritating how ubiquitous he is; the blandest of the bland, the One Show in human form. As someone else said, the type your ma likes. Being groomed for the top job (Lineker's) by the looks of it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:26:43 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2021, 02:05:50 pm »
;D ;D you've put that image in me head now.

Hahaha its Pauline Calf.(Coogan) ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2021, 02:12:08 pm »
Have we got to the point where the TV executives realise that putting idiots in as pundits, talking nothing but ill informed, nonsensical bullshit generates more noise on Twitter etc, which in turn generates more interest in seeing the aforementioned gobshites?

I remember seeing Doug Stanhope on Newswipe years ago talking about reality TV, more or less saying that a reality TV show could be about anything, as long as you have one first class arsehole on your show, and people will tune in whether they're interested or not, because there's no way the TV executives had a big meeting and decided, "yeah, we're all decided then, Jermaine Jenas is the face of all of our football coverage from here on in, no better man for the job", I'd be interested in seeing who else was in the running that didn't make the cut.

Here's the Doug Stanhope segment if anyone wants to watch it.

https://youtu.be/-dD5zHfC-5Y

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2021, 02:15:31 pm »
Like Fromola, these days I watch just the games - no pre- or post-match stuff, nor the halftime ‘analysis’.

It helps. It also helps, with very few exceptions, to watch on mute. It probably says more about me than them, but I find most commentators irritating, though obviously some are off the scale. E.g Hinchcliffe, Macca.

Barry Davies was so, so good by comparison - but again that’s probably me showing my age.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2021, 02:21:56 pm »
Like Fromola, these days I watch just the games - no pre- or post-match stuff, nor the halftime ‘analysis’.

It helps. It also helps, with very few exceptions, to watch on mute. It probably says more about me than them, but I find most commentators irritating, though obviously some are off the scale. E.g Hinchcliffe, Macca.

Barry Davies was so, so good by comparison - but again that’s probably me showing my age.
I'm in my 40s and I remember Davies, he was great, Motson gets a ton of shit, but at the very least his detractors would have to admit that he was very well researched on the match and teams involved, and this was largely pre Internet when researching for anything would have been much harder, these current crop of dickheads know nothing, can't even pronounce names of foreign players, then joke about it, how hilarious, here I am on national TV being paid tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds and I'm actually telling you how lazy and brain dead I am, Merson is the worst, it's gotten to the point now where he occupies a kind of court jester role on the show now, and he actually survived the cull in which Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas were binned off!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 02:27:10 pm »
This prick doesn't deserve a thread
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 02:28:25 pm »

I always switch to LFCtv at H & FT.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2021, 02:42:43 pm »
This prick doesn't deserve a thread
Exactly what I came in to say. Lock it and consign into irrelevance.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2021, 02:48:19 pm »
I always switch to LFCtv at H & FT.
I can't have THE LFC TV commentator at all, he's like a broken record.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2021, 02:50:56 pm »
He's bland, uncontroversial, and will never get caught in the BBC toilets with a crack pipe and a cheap brass. Perfect for the modern BBC. Just like the never-booked Lineker (for him, luckily, his brother has all the degenerative noncey genes in the Lineker family).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2021, 03:03:13 pm »
The thing with a lot of punditry is that it's lowest common denominator. Find a familiar face that a casual supporter might know that has played for at least one of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds or Everton. But like with management, the best players generally don't make the best pundits. Richie Sadlier played for Millwall, but his views are more erudite than Michael Owen's or Danny Murphy's

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2021, 03:10:10 pm »
The whole premise of "...you have to have played the game to be able to talk about it..." is bollocks for a start. There's no reason why someone excelling at a non-verbal skill like playing football is going to be able to explain the nuances of tactics.

It's certainly evident that far too many selected as pundits don't know the Laws of the Game. The fact that there are rule changes or the interpretation changes is no excuse either - if they've changed then fucking learn what the chanages are so you can explain you muppets.

If I want analysis of a Liverpool game I'll read one of the better print journalists or the Anfield Wrap.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2021, 03:12:41 pm »
The whole premise of "...you have to have played the game to be able to talk about it..." is bollocks for a start. There's no reason why someone excelling at a non-verbal skill like playing football is going to be able to explain the nuances of tactics.

It's certainly evident that far too many selected as pundits don't know the Laws of the Game. The fact that there are rule changes or the interpretation changes is no excuse either - if they've changed then fucking learn what the chanages are so you can explain you muppets.

If I want analysis of a Liverpool game I'll read one of the better print journalists or the Anfield Wrap.

Spot on

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »

Yep, there’s plenty of knowledgeable journalists/writers/analysts. I’d like to see them use a mix of analysts, journalists, etc, with one ex-player at most. Some people with actual insight. I don’t mind the ex players who do their research, such as Alex Scott, but it’s still too much like an old boys club with them all making good money from very little work - or being given a job because they’re a laugh (a certain ex City player). They clearly, on the whole, don’t read up on the laws of the game or the latest methods used in coaching etc. Danny Murphy even lambasted the use of a set-piece coach as “it’s the manager's job”. He seems to have not progressed his ideas on football since he retired.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2021, 03:27:26 pm »
I can't have THE LFC TV commentator at all, he's like a broken record.

Do you mean Steve Hunter (who does the non-1st team games) or John Bradley (who is often paired with Gary Gillespie - he who refers to players by their stature and birthplace😉). They both get a lot of stick on the various chat rooms, but Bradley is far the better of the two.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 03:35:02 pm »
Yep, there’s plenty of knowledgeable journalists/writers/analysts. I’d like to see them use a mix of analysts, journalists, etc, with one ex-player at most. Some people with actual insight. I don’t mind the ex players who do their research, such as Alex Scott, but it’s still too much like an old boys club with them all making good money from very little work - or being given a job because they’re a laugh (a certain ex City player). They clearly, on the whole, don’t read up on the laws of the game or the latest methods used in coaching etc. Danny Murphy even lambasted the use of a set-piece coach as “it’s the manager's job”. He seems to have not progressed his ideas on football since he retired.

Indeed. And it’s worth comparing football punditry/commentary with Sky’s cricket or racing coverage - which is superior in every way; entertaining, knowledgeable and up to speed.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 03:37:37 pm »
He's bland, uncontroversial, and will never get caught in the BBC toilets with a crack pipe and a cheap brass.

Operative words highlighted. At least I hope so, for his sake. Nobody can be that bland.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2021, 03:40:24 pm »
Operative words highlighted. At least I hope so, for his sake. Nobody can be that bland.

Nah, he’d never get caught because he wouldn’t do it.

Also, I love that your definition of “bland” is anyone who doesn’t smoke crack with a brass. I’d like to go on a night out with you.  ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2021, 03:52:55 pm »

Would be better. but when that's the dynamic the ex-player's arrogance shines through in terms of 'well I played the game, so i'm right and you're wrong'.

I'd just rather they got rid of ex-players (unless they're particularly good at it) and used the best writers and journalists instead (like some of the Guardian/Totally/Athletic type pods). Ally McCoist for example is a very good co-commentator, so you'd use him. It's a novel idea but have people who are good at the jobs.

By and large the best minds in football after their playing careers over will go into coaching. The ones who are good at it will stay in coaching/management. The ones who aren't (or are failed managers) become pundits and cream off the TV companies for an easy salary.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2021, 03:55:05 pm »
He's an awful pundit. So is Danny Murphy sadly.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2021, 03:59:11 pm »
Would be better. but when that's the dynamic the ex-player's arrogance shines through in terms of 'well I played the game, so i'm right and you're wrong'.

I'd just rather they got rid of ex-players (unless they're particularly good at it) and used the best writers and journalists instead (like some of the Guardian/Totally/Athletic type pods). Ally McCoist for example is a very good co-commentator, so you'd use him. It's a novel idea but have people who are good at the jobs.

By and large the best minds in football after their playing careers over will go into coaching. The ones who are good at it will stay in coaching/management. The ones who aren't (or are failed managers) become pundits and cream off the TV companies for an easy salary.

Yeah, that’s why I said “at most”. But it wouldn’t be fair to exclude the ex-players such as Alex Scott who do clearly put in the work (and also don’t have the millions banked from a career in the top men’s leagues like her male counterparts).

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2021, 10:06:03 pm »
Do you mean Steve Hunter (who does the non-1st team games) or John Bradley (who is often paired with Gary Gillespie - he who refers to players by their stature and birthplace😉). They both get a lot of stick on the various chat rooms, but Bradley is far the better of the two.

Steve Hunter calls all the First team games--live. John Bradley calls the matches for the replay the club shows.

When I can I mute the commentary on the tv and sync the tv to LFCTV GO and Steve Hunters call of the match.

I much prefer our own to the commentary teams that call the match for the networks.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2021, 12:48:59 am »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllthewayfromVladimirSmicer! AND. THATS. MORE. LIKE IT from Istanbul!!!!!

Steve Hunter

A truly classic call.

Hes an acquired taste but i like him, his barca comeback freakout was also pretty good. at heart hes just a fan like the rest of us. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2021, 07:43:32 am »

The you have to have played the game argument surely went out when Mourinho rocked up and won everything as a manager. But these ex-players who aren't up to managing a team think they know it all.