Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195530 times)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Re: Rafa's Blooooooooo's are smacked by the Liverpool bastards
« Reply #5760 on: January 16, 2022, 11:36:24 pm »
I dunno mate, I really did hate Hodgson..

oh mate, dont get me started on the owl - been a red since shanks and hodgson was my lowest point (especially when you factor in our owners at the time), still irked he's on our books historically as one of our managers - but as much as we wanted him gone, we sang 'hodgson for england', a very different approach to the toxicity that infects the other side

being that toxic isn't only bad for your club but for your health, literally, but they never learn and it appears their default setting

of course it isn't every blue but it's enough that perceptions are created
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5761 on: January 16, 2022, 11:44:44 pm »
It was frankly disgraceful from the standard of any professional organisation.  Utter wankers from top to bottom. 

I hope that bottom is where they end up and the blue turd is finally flushed.

Almost looks like someone has written the statement in anger.

Everton Football Club can confirm the departure of Rafael Benitez as First Team manager.

Benitez, who joined Everton in June 2021, has left the Club with immediate effect.

An update on a permanent replacement will be made in due course.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2451049/benitez-departs-as-everton-manager

I never wanted him to go there and thought he showed poor judgement taking the job and in a way I'm quite glad it's over for him. However I've no doubt that once he went there he would have given his best and have been determined to make a success of it and grafted like mad. That obviously hasn't been valued over there and they are probably just pissed off that they've wasted yet more millions rather than looking at themselves as the root cause of the problems.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5762 on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:21 pm »
BORIS FOR EVERTON
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5763 on: January 16, 2022, 11:52:21 pm »
I'd rather Newcastle went down than Everton :)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5764 on: January 16, 2022, 11:56:44 pm »

Me too.

And if they take burnley with them, jobs a goodun.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5765 on: January 17, 2022, 12:11:35 am »
'Removal of Benítez will not solve all of Everton’s deep-lying problems'

The Goodison Park club is locked in a spiral of negativity and more change is required if they are to prosper

www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/16/removal-of-benitez-will-not-solve-all-of-evertons-deep-lying-problems

a snippet...

'Perhaps the strangest aspect of Rafa Benítez’s time at Everton is how well it began. He may have been sacked after a dismal run of one win in 13 league games, but after seven league games Everton had 14 points, a better start than they’d had last season, when everybody was cooing about Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodríguez.'

"But until there is a clear vision it is hard to see how Everton move forward, and that begins with an acceptance of their place in the world."

Yeah good luck with that

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5766 on: January 17, 2022, 12:12:17 am »
Yeah, full on in the Newcastle need to go down no matter what even if that means Everton stay up.  With that said there is almost no way possible that whoever they appoint it won't turn into a total clown show. I'm just praying for Dunc but if it's Rooney ever better.  Can't wait either way.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #5767 on: January 17, 2022, 12:14:35 am »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #5768 on: January 17, 2022, 12:40:55 am »
Bill/Mosh: So we've decided that as you are one of the top managers to give you the chance to manage our great club

Anyone: So what is the transfer budget?

Bill/Mosh: You can every penny of the money you get for Rondon to spend

There are only 3 types of manager who would take on EFC

The blindly loyal (Rooney/Ferguson)
Those interested in swelling their pension post for a short period of work (a la Ancelotti)
Idiots

Why would Graham Potter give up Brighton for Everton, thought I'd never hear that sentence
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5769 on: January 17, 2022, 01:16:01 am »
Me too.

And if they take burnley with them, jobs a goodun.
All 3 would be perfect
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5770 on: January 17, 2022, 01:29:30 am »
There are only 3 types of manager who would take on EFC

The blindly loyal (Rooney/Ferguson)
Those interested in swelling their pension post for a short period of work (a la Ancelotti)
Idiots

Why would Graham Potter give up Brighton for Everton, thought I'd never hear that sentence

That's like 80% of managers.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5771 on: January 17, 2022, 01:37:24 am »
Thank fuck he left before he took charge of a Merseyside Derby at Anfield

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5772 on: January 17, 2022, 02:45:19 am »
It's a rudderless ship, isn't it.

Surely they must have talked recently and come to the conclusion that Rafa was on the brink unless he pulled it around very, very quickly. If so, why on earth would they sell a player that they seem to rate, especially knowing full well that if they lost to Norwich it would be goodbye Rafa?

The dice was in mid air, so you'd at least think they'd have waited to see how it landed before making any big decisions on players. As you said, it's one panic after another with them. No thought, just panic and kneejerk reaction.

They always wanted to be like Man United. Now they are.
To misquote Julius Caeser. the die was cast as soon as he crossed the Booo-bicon. He came, he saw, he laughed his head off and booked a cruise in January.

Though I imagine from an Ev fan point of view it was more a case of Veni, Vidi, Vichy rather than Vici  ;)

I'm sure he's sat next to his phone awaiting their call.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Maybe when he [Zidane] was buying a house on Merseyside all those years ago he was playing the long game? "Alors, one day ze Ev will call me, and I will be ready. Pret a manager!"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5773 on: January 17, 2022, 02:47:00 am »
Has to be a red on a windup about ZZ. Has to be.

Hard to top, if so...
I think the story has legs...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5774 on: January 17, 2022, 07:14:06 am »
Director of Medical, Head of Recruitment, Manager of Scouting, Director of Football, Digne and the manager all gone in 6 months

Huge rebuilding job now.

Maybe that's why he was hired? To do a load of unpopular stuff and draw the heat from the board while they make a point of spending fuck all after wasting cash season on season?

Then again, I don't think there's that much joined up thinking going at Everton.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5775 on: January 17, 2022, 07:25:54 am »
Do other clubs still think to themselves ‘What would the Everton board do , as they always get it right’?

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5776 on: January 17, 2022, 07:27:56 am »
Their love for all things united, it has to be Ole for the new manager, surely? That'd be quite the coup.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5777 on: January 17, 2022, 07:49:32 am »
Their love for all things united, it has to be Ole for the new manager, surely? That'd be quite the coup.

It's got Rooney written all over it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5778 on: January 17, 2022, 08:29:54 am »
It’s such a toxic fan culture there, a cesspit brimming with absolute hatred. When we were in a shit situation with Hodgson it never went to such depths - instead it all went gallows humour with videos like the surreal “Roy Hodgsons walkabout” doing the rounds. Sure there was effing and blinding but not fans invading the pitch to get at the manager.

He never stood a chance. He had a good start, but any little opportunity to spew their bile and they were going to take it. That stuff is insidious so no wonder the mood was so low. The club deserve everything they get with that kind of supporter attitudes.

Fans make a huge difference. They’re largely in the terrible state they are in for that fanbase negativity and hatred.

I hated Hodgson from the start but at the game he actually got a fair deal. Wolves at home he got "Hodgson for England" and his last game at Blackburn was toxic. Would have got nasty had he stayed much longer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5779 on: January 17, 2022, 08:31:49 am »
It's got Rooney written all over it.
Rooney and Big Dunc.

Just had Pat Nevin on Radio 5 and he talked a lot of sense that the problems run far beyond Benitez.  They've cleared out a lot of the senior posts in the past six months and two of the few remaining constants are Moshi and Big Dunc.  Moshi isn't going to sack himself but it's amazing that Big Dunc keeps surviving - imagine being Benitez and arriving on day one to be greeted by a snarling Neanderthal that until a week earlier would have hated you as much as any Evertonian.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #5780 on: January 17, 2022, 08:52:35 am »
I reckon Moshiri was given the old “he goes or I go” speech by either Ferguson OR Benitez and saw the revolting toxic fan base over the last few weeks and shit out of letting Rafa complete the clear out he was brought in to do.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5781 on: January 17, 2022, 09:00:08 am »
Rooney and Big Dunc.

Just had Pat Nevin on Radio 5 and he talked a lot of sense that the problems run far beyond Benitez.  They've cleared out a lot of the senior posts in the past six months and two of the few remaining constants are Moshi and Big Dunc.  Moshi isn't going to sack himself but it's amazing that Big Dunc keeps surviving - imagine being Benitez and arriving on day one to be greeted by a snarling Neanderthal that until a week earlier would have hated you as much as any Evertonian.
It’s been said many times, but Ferguson still being there ,no matter what manager is brought in, is bewildering. It’s evidence of the club playing to the toxic fans.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #5782 on: January 17, 2022, 09:04:52 am »
You can build a new stadium, get new players and staff but you will still be left with the main problem. The fans. It's difficult to criticise them further without fear of becoming a troll yourself. Better to just stand back and watch their house burn from a distance. All they can do is throw more fuel on the fire. They keep sacking off the firefighters. Its tragic really.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5783 on: January 17, 2022, 09:05:32 am »
As funny as it would be, they won’t get relegated, they’re still relatively well placed to avoid being dragged into that conversation when you factor in the games in hand (obviously they have to win them but I’d expect them to still be in the rung above a relegation battle).

s others have said, I’d rather Newcastle go down anyway

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5784 on: January 17, 2022, 09:07:53 am »
Big Dunc keeps surviving - imagine being Benitez and arriving on day one to be greeted by a snarling Neanderthal that until a week earlier would have hated you as much as any Evertonian.

You've got it wrong mate, Ped off Toffee TV says Big Dunk is amazing, he has such personality and charisma that people flock to him when he enters a room* He will be their saviour!!!

*possibly to check if he's drunk

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5785 on: January 17, 2022, 09:11:01 am »
That comment from them "What would Everton do" just gets funnier and funnier.

When you have a decision to make, ask yourself what Everton would do and do the opposite.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5786 on: January 17, 2022, 09:14:56 am »

It would be better for everyone if they did. Would be funny for us if the blues went down though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5787 on: January 17, 2022, 09:16:40 am »
Not all those ex-managers can have been so bad can they? The jobs many of them are doing now suggests not. I can't be arsed looking at their forums, but have any of them joined the dots yet?

Jonathan Wilson's article linked here had some good advice which was basically accept your place in the food chain and build from there.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5788 on: January 17, 2022, 09:18:45 am »
As much as I want Newcastle to go down, I would prefer Everton to finally be flushed.
Newcastle’s route to success is inevitable , relegation will just delay it. However if Everton go down, they could very well be stuck outside the PL for a very long time. We could then be spared all their toxic shite around derby time.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5789 on: January 17, 2022, 09:32:02 am »
3FC" border="0

:D

My missus and a few other blues that were sensible about the whole thing have lost their shit, blaming him for everything.

You try and point out that their policy of sacking manager after manager after manager and signing shite after more shite isn't his fault, but apparantly it is.

So...

... signing more shite and sacking manager after manager to come.

They are going down I reckon.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5790 on: January 17, 2022, 09:40:31 am »
That comment from them "What would Everton do" just gets funnier and funnier.

When you have a decision to make, ask yourself what Everton would do and do the opposite.

Should mock up some t-shirts with WWEd
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5791 on: January 17, 2022, 09:41:04 am »
Not all those ex-managers can have been so bad can they? The jobs many of them are doing now suggests not. I can't be arsed looking at their forums, but have any of them joined the dots yet?

Jonathan Wilson's article linked here had some good advice which was basically accept your place in the food chain and build from there.

They'll never accept it because they have this weird idea that they're somehow better than us, it's just that the results on the pitch aren't showing it.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5792 on: January 17, 2022, 09:49:30 am »
Is Moshiri the modern day Monty Brewster? He's been given £1bn by his Ucle Uzzy which he has to waste and not own anything at the end in order to win the big prize? 7 months of Rafa has to be the rare stamp scene!

Capon, do your worst ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #5793 on: January 17, 2022, 09:54:12 am »
I hated Hodgson from the start but at the game he actually got a fair deal. Wolves at home he got "Hodgson for England" and his last game at Blackburn was toxic. Would have got nasty had he stayed much longer.

Hodgson took a pretty strong squad and destroyed its moral with Jurassic tactics.
Look at the difference in Kenny’s first league game. Suddenly the same team was playing good football.
Everyone wanted Hodgson to succeed when appointed. No one was calling him a fat English librarian or putting offensive banners on his neighbours gates. He however, slagged us off for not understanding his genius and questioning his knowledge.

Rafa was doomed from the start. He walked into a disaster. The fans didn’t want him because he was once Liverpool manager. They were waiting for the slightest sign of trouble, and they undermined the team at every turn. Their boos for Rafa should not disguise the boos for the team over the past years. Ancelotti was lucky there were no fans in Goodison for most of his tenure. His home record was not good.
Rafa took on a technically poor, bloated and mismatched squad, that was one year older and less able. He refreshed it with two bargains, but was never going to win over the fans. I heard one call Townsend crap because he has always been crap, as if they somehow were being short changed. Only crap players will go there. James was called world class whilst he was there. He hardly played due to swollen balls, fatigue and indifference. He fucked off early to the Copa and they cut him a free pass. He was just as shite as Bolasie.
Rafa was never going to succeed there, but maybe he has highlighted the problems they have and started them on a path that might lead to them sorting themselves out.
That said, the next manager won’t be given any slack either.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #5794 on: January 17, 2022, 10:07:44 am »
I probably mentioned this on this board or the previous one.

But I went to a sportsman's dinner in December 2019, which was just before Ancelloti was appointed, Dunc was in interim charge after Silva had been sacked. It was the day before Duncs 1st game.

Ronnie Goodlass was there doing a speech.

All he kept on going on about what that he hopes Dunc gets the wound up and the lads get stuck in. That's what we want to see etc etc. Solves everything apparently
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5795 on: January 17, 2022, 10:10:30 am »
They are going down I reckon.

Here's hoping.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5796 on: January 17, 2022, 10:13:42 am »

But I went to a sportsman's dinner in December 2019, which was just before Ancelloti was appointed, Dunc was in interim charge after Silva had been sacked. It was the day before Duncs 1st game.

All he kept on going on about what that he hopes Dunc gets the wound up and the lads get stuck in. That's what we want to see etc etc. Solves everything apparently

It worked to be fair. They battered Chelsea that day. He did alright in his short spell. If he can get a bit of a honeymoon period going again, it might be enough to push them to safety given how bad the likes of Norwich, Burnley, Watford and Newcastle are.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #5797 on: January 17, 2022, 10:14:13 am »

Goodlass basically regurgitates that speech every Saturday on Radio Merseyside.....he's the archetypal Evertonian...and an emblem of why they'll forever be trapped in their cage...perpetually running on their bitter blue wheel
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5798 on: January 17, 2022, 10:17:37 am »

It worked for a very short period; two up front, early balls forward, scrapping for second balls.  The formula to defeating that 1990s football is well known now though and sure enough it was soon worked out.

Everton want to be dogs of war (/yard dogs) but also successful.  If only they could entice Simeone  ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #5799 on: January 17, 2022, 10:22:47 am »

Aesop told the tale of the fox who lost his tail.
He tried to persuade all the other foxes that it was a good look.
Everton look shit by comparison with other footballing sides like Liverpool. So they want to kick fuck out of good sides  to bring them down to the same level as Everton.
We saw that with Royal and his yard dogs of war. He won a cup with Mike Walkers team, and then nearly took them down.  I remember being told at the time by a blue that Liverpool fans “think their team is something special when they are as shite as us…”. I also recall a Derby at Anfield around that time when they simply kicked fuck out of McManaman amongst others and got away with a draw. I’ve seen some shite Everton side over the years, but they rejoiced in stopping us by thuggery. They were delirious because they stopped us from winning, I think the malaise took root at that time. Moyes stoked it up and played up to the crowd but it started under Royle. Yet they think they should be somehow dining at the top table.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."