Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2196487 times)

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #1680 on: October 6, 2021, 04:42:56 pm »
It's always funny to me , and a running joke with a mate of mine who lives in Walton, that there's hardly anyone in the L1 shop. Every time I come over for a match i always look in. The most i've ever seen in there is 5 people, not including staff.

One does wonder how they keep their doors open. The space rental, staff compensation, etc has to exceed profits from store sales.

Vanity store for the sake of trying to keep up with the noisy neighbors.

I was going to go all pedantic and say that it's not a store it's a shop, but then I realised that if they don't actually sell anything it is indeed a store 'cause that's all they're doing, storing stock.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1681 on: October 6, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »
It's always funny to me , and a running joke with a mate of mine who lives in Walton, that there's hardly anyone in the L1 shop. Every time I come over for a match i always look in. The most i've ever seen in there is 5 people, not including staff.

One does wonder how they keep their doors open. The space rental, staff compensation, etc has to exceed profits from store sales.

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1682 on: October 6, 2021, 05:04:53 pm »
If these are tussling with United for 4th place going into the last few games of the season (as I suspect they might do) then I'll be 100% behind them and Rafa

I can live with the "sleeping giant awakening" and all the other shite talk they come out with if it means Rafa get's to flip a massive "fuck you" in the direction of Salford

It'd be a massive "fuck you" to Hairy Hands, Gray and co too. Maybe they'll finally wind it in a bit and show him the respect he deserves 

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1683 on: October 6, 2021, 05:09:22 pm »
So when they said Moshi had a lot of wedge, they didn't mean money?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: October 6, 2021, 05:13:19 pm »
That's way too far from County Road to do much business.

Even their outlet in Liverpool One is always empty.

I imagine it's because most people in Liverpool know what a gang of numpties they are. They're probably counting on the ignorance factor in Belfast. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: October 6, 2021, 05:14:27 pm »
Everton 2 (in) Liverpool 1

Whilst quickly overlooking..

Everton 1 (in) Liverpool 4.  :P

They even lose that on aggregate.

Doubtless, they will soon be looking to Build Everton 3 next to Liverpool 2. ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: October 6, 2021, 05:24:49 pm »
Well we know they will never build an everton store in Europe so....well maybe Lille.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1687 on: October 6, 2021, 05:30:00 pm »
Doubtless, they will soon be looking to Build Everton 3 next to Liverpool 2. ::)

I'm not blocked  8)  :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1688 on: October 6, 2021, 05:56:02 pm »

That's actually pretty much the truth of it.

Their fans lost their shit when Liverpool opened a second shop in town while the shite had no shops in town. This forced their hand and they went on to pacify them by opening up right next to our store in L1.

Maybe Uncle Uzzy is subsidising the shop, allowing it to remain open?

I looked in once after coming out of our shop. There was one fella in there ... wearing a Liverpool top.  :lmao

It's a lot like how our new Main Stand build forced them into action on a new stadium. Again, their fans looked at what we were doing, lost their shit, and their club were forced into action. One day, all this over-reaching in order to keep up with us will sink them.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2021, 05:58:56 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: October 7, 2021, 12:14:55 am »
I was in the warehouses on the docks years ago and there were a massive amount of ingots that were traded on commodities markets as well as physical markets. I’m hoping Kenwright invested his Everton shares proceeds in steel and when Moshiri is looking for some steel, he mentions he has a warehouse full. It’d explain why Kenwright seemed so happy at an empty construction site.  ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1690 on: October 8, 2021, 06:31:09 am »
With the Newcastle news coming through, the Blues now have a brand new team to support, defend, host, love, bend over for.

Exciting times.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: October 8, 2021, 07:30:55 am »
Would be hilarious if Rafa pulled a Carlo and left to return to Newcastle.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1692 on: October 8, 2021, 08:17:08 am »

Was exhibiting at a conference at Anfield of Wednesday, bloke on the stand next to me was an older bitter who had an air purifier on his table. ‘To get rid of the smell of this place’ he hilariously told me.

It was right at the top of the main stand so you could see the pitch on one side of the room and out towards the docks and Wirral the other. Of course Goodison is also in sight so he couldn’t help but tell us that ‘you can see a proper stadium over that way’ whilst also counterintuitively remarking that things would be amazing when they move to the new stadium.
Believer

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1693 on: October 8, 2021, 08:24:52 am »

If Newcastle has any brains they should hire Rafa immediately. He still has a. good relationship with their fans when he left.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1694 on: October 8, 2021, 08:26:40 am »
If Rafa goes to Newcastle I'd lose a bunch of respect for him.  Don't think he would do it if he had the opportunity.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1695 on: October 8, 2021, 09:07:00 am »
Was exhibiting at a conference at Anfield of Wednesday, bloke on the stand next to me was an older bitter who had an air purifier on his table. ‘To get rid of the smell of this place’ he hilariously told me.

It was right at the top of the main stand so you could see the pitch on one side of the room and out towards the docks and Wirral the other. Of course Goodison is also in sight so he couldn’t help but tell us that ‘you can see a proper stadium over that way’ whilst also counterintuitively remarking that things would be amazing when they move to the new stadium.

He will need more than air freshener if they ever get BMD built.
All that sewage from next door…
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1696 on: October 8, 2021, 09:11:35 am »
If Rafa goes to Newcastle I'd lose a bunch of respect for him.  Don't think he would do it if he had the opportunity.

I think Rafa would probably take the view that he has signed a contract and will see it out.

But if I was a sports washing murderous despot, keen to get the fans to love me, I would definitely move heaven and earth to get Rafa and give him a large pot to spend on who he wants.
He would attract better players because it would be seen as a project whereas Steve Bruce is perceived as Ashley’s man. Imagine the PR they would be able to do on the back of it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: October 8, 2021, 09:37:37 am »

I hope not. I don't expect any player or manager to not go to Newcastle for any moral reasons but it would be pretty crappy to walk out on Everton after a few months into the job.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1698 on: October 8, 2021, 09:40:08 am »
I hope not. I don't expect any player or manager to not go to Newcastle for any moral reasons but it would be pretty crappy to walk out on Everton after a few months into the job.
If it wasn't rafa, it would be pretty funny. 2 walkouts in a few months.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: October 8, 2021, 09:44:15 am »
If it wasn't rafa, it would be pretty funny. 2 walkouts in a few months.

That is true, Ancelotti packing his suitcase as soon as Real Madrid called was pretty funny. I guess I'd just expect better from Rafa.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1700 on: October 8, 2021, 09:53:00 am »
He will need more than air freshener if they ever get BMD built.
All that sewage from next door…

;D Wish I’d thought of that at the time
Believer

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1701 on: October 8, 2021, 10:58:46 am »

It would be the most Everton thing in the world though to kick up a huge stink about their new manager and not taking to him because he’s a Red, to finally come round to realising he’s actually decent, and then for him to walk out on them anyway.

Don’t think it would happen but there would be a darkly funny side to it

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: October 8, 2021, 11:02:18 am »
It's fucking mental man, all of it.

I swear I fell asleep 19 month ago and am having the mother fucker of all crazy dreams here.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1703 on: October 8, 2021, 11:32:57 am »
Hopefully Rafa has more integrity than the Newcastle fans in this
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: October 8, 2021, 11:38:26 am »
With the Newcastle news coming through, the Blues now have a brand new team to support, defend, host, love, bend over for.

Exciting times.

Haven't Everton and Newcastle fans got some weird mutual hatred thing going on?  I think it's some sort of rivalry over who's the biggest club to have gone the longest without winning a trophy or something. There's some dispute over whether the Intertoto cup counts. Everton say it does whilst Newcastle say it doesn't.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: October 8, 2021, 11:46:23 am »
Haven't Everton and Newcastle fans got some weird mutual hatred thing going on?  I think it's some sort of rivalry over who's the biggest club to have gone the longest without winning a trophy or something. There's some dispute over whether the Intertoto cup counts. Everton say it does whilst Newcastle say it doesn't.
They'll be loving Newcastle being rich AF, they can live through them now they are another club in the way of LFC picking up honours.

But in 20 years all 3 plastic oil teams will all be way clear of Everton in the total honours table. ;D

Most idiotic fanbase in Football though aren't they.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: October 8, 2021, 11:58:00 am »
It would be the most Everton thing in the world though to kick up a huge stink about their new manager and not taking to him because he’s a Red, to finally come round to realising he’s actually decent, and then for him to walk out on them anyway.

Don’t think it would happen but there would be a darkly funny side to it
Didn't Ancelotti have a Real Madrid clause?

It would be classic Rafa if he's inserted a Newcastle United clause.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: October 8, 2021, 12:20:17 pm »
They'll be loving Newcastle being rich AF, they can live through them now they are another club in the way of LFC picking up honours.

But in 20 years all 3 plastic oil teams will all be way clear of Everton in the total honours table. ;D

Most idiotic fanbase in Football though aren't they.

Throw in Leicester and it's a top eight lockout.

Everton fans are literally parasites now. I can understand someone in the lower leagues having a favourite PL club, but this lot will just live through any club that denies us success, even as they themselves are cut adrift.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1708 on: October 8, 2021, 12:29:32 pm »
Throw in Leicester and it's a top eight lockout.

Everton fans are literally parasites now. I can understand someone in the lower leagues having a favourite PL club, but this lot will just live through any club that denies us success, even as they themselves are cut adrift.

Not sure Leicester will stay up there. They missed the boat with the two bottle job finishes for the CL. Rodgers not really a long term manager. Everton more likely to qualify for Europe at the moment now they've got a top manager.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1709 on: October 8, 2021, 01:11:28 pm »

Wouldn’t find it hilarious at all personally, In fact I’d lose a tonne of respect for him

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1710 on: October 8, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »

What's the hilarious part?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: October 8, 2021, 01:14:50 pm »
Not sure Leicester will stay up there. They missed the boat with the two bottle job finishes for the CL. Rodgers not really a long term manager. Everton more likely to qualify for Europe at the moment now they've got a top manager.

Depends on what you mean by "stay up there". Leicester are easily a top eight team, top four bottle jobs regardless, and they clearly have more money to spend than Everton.

In fact, Rafa to Leicester at some point in the future isn't a bad shout. They're clearly a better run outfit than either Arsenal or Spurs right now, never mind Everton.

In any case, between United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, and now Newcastle, any club below has a serious fight on its hands to remain relevant.

Popcorn's Art

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: October 8, 2021, 01:44:54 pm »
Rafa is a man of his word and is highly admired and respected because of it. if he's signed a 3 year contract at Everton then he will see it out I reckon, as he should . . . . . no matter what or how much the Arabs offer.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1713 on: October 8, 2021, 08:31:43 pm »
Rafa is a man of his word and is highly admired and respected because of it. if he's signed a 3 year contract at Everton then he will see it out I reckon, as he should . . . . . no matter what or how much the Arabs offer.

Aye agree with that.

No doubt the blues will have a Rafa equivalent of this when they hit that bumpy road.

https://streamable.com/ie8bdp
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: October 8, 2021, 09:00:50 pm »
Aye agree with that.

No doubt the blues will have a Rafa equivalent of this when they hit that bumpy road.

That is as low as it gets, absolutely despicable.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: October 8, 2021, 09:37:03 pm »
Wouldn’t find it hilarious at all personally, In fact I’d lose a tonne of respect for him

Rafa will probably stay because he is a man of his word, as long as Everton supports him and he feels welcome.

However, unlike Klopp I don't think Rafa really cares much about the political aspects of such a move. He has worked previously in China and under Roman.

Klopp cares more about the bigger picture and the values of a club, that's why he joined us after Dortmund. If he wanted, he could have taken any job in the world. He still can.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1716 on: October 8, 2021, 10:16:32 pm »
Aye agree with that.

That is as low as it gets, absolutely despicable.
Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.
Shitbag of a fanbase  :no
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1717 on: October 8, 2021, 10:21:10 pm »
Rafa will probably stay because he is a man of his word, as long as Everton supports him and he feels welcome.

However, unlike Klopp I don't think Rafa really cares much about the political aspects of such a move. He has worked previously in China and under Roman.

Klopp cares more about the bigger picture and the values of a club, that's why he joined us after Dortmund. If he wanted, he could have taken any job in the world. He still can.
He has previously said that there were only two teams in the Prem that he wouldn't manage; but never named them.
Man Utd is is deffo one.
Who is the other?
Which other team could it possibly be?
Chelsea? Obviously not.
Who then?
Who?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: October 8, 2021, 11:49:14 pm »
It's fucking mental man, all of it.

I swear I fell asleep 19 month ago and am having the mother fucker of all crazy dreams here.

your club is now owned by a state that has people on death row for crimes they committed as minors. A 15 and 17 year old sentenced to beheading for protesting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-rights-idUSKBN29N0CH

Edit: not having a go at Paul, just highlighting how bad it is. Feel for the decent supporters like Paul. They’ve lost their club.

« Last Edit: October 9, 2021, 12:11:19 am by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1719 on: October 9, 2021, 12:05:55 am »
your club is now owned by a state that has people on death row for crimes they committed as minors. A 15 and 17 year old sentenced to beheading for protesting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-rights-idUSKBN29N0CH
Mate... It's no longer the club that he once supported.
Paul and his dad gave up their season tickets in protest against fat Mike.
How do you think they feel now?

I've not set foot inside St James Park since 2008 when Keegan walked out after being treated like shite / a mug by Mike Ashley.  I said I wouldn't go back so long as Mike Ashley was the owner and I haven't.  Mike Ashley is fucking scum, as I have said countless times on here and the Premier League are fucking scum.  Money is all they are interested in. Yesterday was the day I yearned for these last 14 years, wanting Fatty out of Newcastle was a priority for me and the vast majority of Newcastle fans but when the news came in that the club was sold I wasn't doing cartwheels in celebration as I imagined all those years I would be. Whatever the Premier League does and whatever Mike Ashley does has got absolutely nothing to do with me and I would appreciate not being given a hard time over it because I tell you this much, there is nobody more upset or pissed off on here than I am. So, to answer your question Rob, Yes, as the Yanks would say, "I'm done".

R.I.P Newcastle United  :(