Author Topic: UEFA makes CL, Eurpa Lge & Conf format changes 2024/25 | + UEFA being dicks news  (Read 13113 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ceferin: "Klopp and Guardiola complain that we play too much? If you play less, your salaries go down. Who should complain is the factory workers at a thousand euros a month".

www.calcioefinanza.it/2022/06/25/ceferin-superlega-morta-tre-persone-che-portano-tutti-in-tribunale

Ceferin will be on the picket line tomorrow for the RMT, I'm sure. Or lowering tickets to games so factory workers on 1000 a month can afford to go to UEFA matches again...

Or he just says shit like this; the old Tory tactic of pitting people against each other... while the corrupt people at the very top get richer and richer on the backs of others.

The only language UEFA understands is money, and how to play down much deserved criticism of itself.

This is the problem with arrogant c*nts like him. Instead of listening to people who know a thing or two about football, managing teams, players - he starts being argumentative with snide cynical bullshit and just brushing off any kind of suggestions. People like him hold too much power and that has to change. We don't like and follow football because of fucking Ceferin.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
In the end, the European Super League will be established, as it is inevitable. It will be something like this:

- 48 clubs divided in 2 divisions (First and Second)
- No more than 4 clubs from the same country
- No more than 2 clubs from the same city
- A 40,000 seater stadium required for the First division
- A 30,000 seater stadium required for the Second division
- Relegation of the 4 worst placed clubs from the First division to the Second division
- Promotion of the 4 best placed clubs from the Second division to the First division
- A regular season of 46 games, 23 home and 23 away
- A NFL style play-offs of the 16 best placed clubs in the First division, with one-off games at the ground of the better placed club and a Super-Final on a neutral ground (4 play-off games at most)
- TV money distributed evenly to all 48 participants
- Prize money distributed on the basis of the finishing position in the regular season (2/3 for the First division, 1/3 for the Second division)
- Cities with no strong European clubs at the moment, but with big stadiums and strong markets around them also included (Stockholm, Warsaw, Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna and the likes)
- Strict FFP rules with a soft and a hard salary cap, and also a luxury tax for the clubs above the soft salary cap
- Spending on transfers limited as a % of the overall revenues
- Professional refereeing organization with the best referees from around the World

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
So you couldn't get relegated from the second division? Those 48 teams are in it permanently?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
So you couldn't get relegated from the second division? Those 48 teams are in it permanently?

I suppose some sort of a relegation/promotion model from/to the Second ESL division can be established, but the problem will be the domestic leagues accepting the relegated clubs from the Second ESL division. If that is solved, than yes, you can also have relegation/promotion from/to the Second ESL division ...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
According to the Echo, Rayo Vallecano - 5th in La Liga - have a new song that goes 'Next year it will be Rayo versus Liverpool'  ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
They’re confident in us turning the season around!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.

:wellin

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac

Do they explicitly mention the Champions League, though? They might mean Europa or Conference instead. Or a pre-season friendly. :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
According to the Echo, Rayo Vallecano - 5th in La Liga - have a new song that goes 'Next year it will be Rayo versus Liverpool'  ;D

They've got more confidence in us than most of our fans then :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D

Could do with some of their supporters on here to gee us up!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
In the end, the European Super League will be established, as it is inevitable. It will be something like this:

- Relegation of the 4 worst placed clubs from the First division to the Second division
- Promotion of the 4 best placed clubs from the Second division to the First division
- A NFL style play-offs of the 16 best placed clubs in the First division, with one-off games at the ground of the better placed club and a Super-Final on a neutral ground (4 play-off games at most)
- Prize money distributed on the basis of the finishing position in the regular season (2/3 for the First division, 1/3 for the Second division)
- Cities with no strong European clubs at the moment, but with big stadiums and strong markets around them also included (Stockholm, Warsaw, Budapest, Bucharest, Vienna and the likes)
- Strict FFP rules with a soft and a hard salary cap, and also a luxury tax for the clubs above the soft salary cap
- Professional refereeing organization with the best referees from around the World

Peter are you really suggesting that after 46 games, a club that finishes 16th will be only 4 games away from winning the whole thing? That would make the entire thing an absolute farce.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Peter are you really suggesting that after 46 games, a club that finishes 16th will be only 4 games away from winning the whole thing? That would make the entire thing an absolute farce.

Well if the club has suffered a terrible injury crisis over the first half of the season, and has finished 16th over the regular season as a result, they deserve the chance for redemption, if their players are back for the later part of the season ...

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Well if the club has suffered a terrible injury crisis over the first half of the season, and has finished 16th over the regular season as a result, they deserve the chance for redemption, if their players are back for the later part of the season ...

What if they're just shit for most of the season and then fluke a few games at the end of it and become champions?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
In another universe...

If we'd had beaten RM in the CL last season, we'd be in the World Club Cup today playing  Al Ahly.. ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
In another universe...

If we'd had beaten RM in the CL last season, we'd be in the World Club Cup today playing  Al Ahly.. ;D

With a Saudi team (not Newcastle) awaiting in the final. Apparently they beat Flamengo yesterday after being given two first half penalties, while Flamengo had a player sent off, also in the first half. They previously won their QF after being given an injury time penalty that took the game to extra time, after which they won on penalties.

To be clear, I haven't watched any of it, and I'm not trying to insinuate anything. ;)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
What if they're just shit for most of the season and then fluke a few games at the end of it and become champions?

Never happened in real life, but I suppose it is possible in a computer game. Anyway, the play-off is just a spectacle for the fans. The prize money will be shared based on the finishing position after the regular season ...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
With a Saudi team (not Newcastle) awaiting in the final. Apparently they beat Flamengo yesterday after being given two first half penalties, while Flamengo had a player sent off, also in the first half. They previously won their QF after being given an injury time penalty that took the game to extra time, after which they won on penalties.

To be clear, I haven't watched any of it, and I'm not trying to insinuate anything. ;)

Always a weird one that competition. Our 2005 loss was one of the most bent games you'll ever see. 2019 was bad enough.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never happened in real life, but I suppose it is possible in a computer game. Anyway, the play-off is just a spectacle for the fans. The prize money will be shared based on the finishing position after the regular season ...

Your whole premise is a hypothetical, so it seems fair enough to conjure up something that has never happened before in something that has never happened before  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Your whole premise is a hypothetical, so it seems fair enough to conjure up something that has never happened before in something that has never happened before  ;D

Well, in the NFL it is theoretically possible for the 29th placed team after the regular season to win the Super-Bowl, but it will never happen in real life ...

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well, in the NFL it is theoretically possible for the 29th placed team after the regular season to win the Super-Bowl, but it will never happen in real life ...

32 teams whittled down to 14 teams for the playoffs. How could that possibly happen  :D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
32 teams whittled down to 14 teams for the playoffs. How could that possibly happen  :D

It can to be fair based on how the divisions work, but that of course takes into account that every team has different fixtures. Completely removed from what Peter has conjured up.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

The team with the 29th best result in the regular season can still be a division champion, and qualify for the play-offs. Theoretically, of course ...

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The team with the 29th best result in the regular season can still be a division champion, and qualify for the play-offs. Theoretically, of course ...

So are we splitting your league in to divisions and conferences now? You left that out of the rules.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
So are we splitting your league in to divisions and conferences now? You left that out of the rules.

Nope, you were the one saying that the 16th placed team could win the Super-Final of the ESL. That is theoretically true, just like the 29th placed team in the NFL could win the Super-Bowl ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It was inevitable ...

https://twitter.com/A22Sports

ESL relaunched.

Hmmmm

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I watched highlights of that. Flamengo not winning beat my bet for £450  :butt

Both penalties were stonewallers. The Flamengo player being sent off was for a 2nd yellow for the challenge that led to the 2nd pen. A wee bit harsh maybe as he didn't appear to even challenge the Saudi player, but it was a definite foul as he stood on the back of his ankle.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
I watched highlights of that. Flamengo not winning beat my bet for £450  :butt

Both penalties were stonewallers. The Flamengo player being sent off was for a 2nd yellow for the challenge that led to the 2nd pen. A wee bit harsh maybe as he didn't appear to even challenge the Saudi player, but it was a definite foul as he stood on the back of his ankle.

Fair enough. Saudi Arabia beat Argentina fair and square at the World Cup, and most of them came from Al-Hilal, so I suppose they're a decent team.

Anyway, off topic. :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fair enough. Saudi Arabia beat Argentina fair and square at the World Cup, and most of them came from Al-Hilal, so I suppose they're a decent team.

Anyway, off topic. :)

Still doesn't mean they aren't corrupt shitbags all the same  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Hmmmm

It is hardly rocket science. With UEFA, PL and Ligue 1 failing to put the oil clubs under control, the ESL project was always coming back. What I have suggested above is a compilation of different ideas that have been reported recently by multiple sources. It is rather obvious that the entire idea is based around the (pretty successful) NFL model, adapted for the European conditions and taking into account the football tradition.

The core of the ESL will still be clubs from England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France, but countries like Portugal, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Austria, Greece, Scotland, Switzerland, Croatia, Denmark, Poland, Serbia, Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Israel, Hungary and Bulgaria will also be represented (some of them only in the Second division), with Ukraine and Russia also joining once the war is over ...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It is hardly rocket science. With UEFA, PL and Ligue 1 failing to put the oil clubs under control, the ESL project was always coming back. What I have suggested above is a compilation of different ideas that have been reported recently by multiple sources. It is rather obvious that the entire idea is based around the (pretty successful) NFL model, adapted for the European conditions and taking into account the football tradition.

The core of the ESL will still be clubs from England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France, but countries like Portugal, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Austria, Greece, Scotland, Switzerland, Croatia, Denmark, Poland, Serbia, Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Israel, Hungary and Bulgaria will also be represented (some of them only in the Second division), with Ukraine and Russia also joining once the war is over ...

Well no I know it was always likely to rear its head again, the hmmm was more aimed at you posting your 'inevitable' prediction, it then rearing its head in a way that doesn't resemble your prediction in any way, shape or form and then you going 'See, told you' ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan

"- Spending on transfers limited as a % of the overall revenues" Yes to this thank you very much.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Well no I know it was always likely to rear its head again, the hmmm was more aimed at you posting your 'inevitable' prediction, it then rearing its head in a way that doesn't resemble your prediction in any way, shape or form and then you going 'See, told you' ;D

The exact model of the ESL is yet to be seen. What was reported by different sources is that 48 European clubs have already been consulted about participating in it, and that it will most likely have 2 divisions, with relegation and promotion between them. The rest is basically the NFL model ...

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'UEFA is considering holding Champions League in the U.S. in 2026, UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin tells @rogbennett.':-

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1650860893792788482

& www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2023/04/25/Events-and-Attractions/uefa-champions-league-us.aspx

Edit - The Grauniad are now running the story too...

'Uefa president Ceferin raises prospect of playing Champions League final in US':-

Ceferin says in interview it is possible from 2026
He reveals discussions have started on the subject

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/25/uefa-president-ceferin-champions-league-final-in-us

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 06:38:06 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
And people said the ESL would destroy football ...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
'UEFA is considering holding Champions League in the U.S. in 2026, UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin tells @rogbennett.':-

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1650860893792788482

& www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2023/04/25/Events-and-Attractions/uefa-champions-league-us.aspx

Just piss off you greedy, corrupt dickhead.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
They said Super League was all about greed. They said Liverpool supporters were to blame. They said financial rules will be implemented. They said…

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So glad that crook was voted back in unopposed.  :butt

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
The thing that pisses me off the most about the ESL is that UEFA got their Champions League changes in through the back door and were portrayed as the good guys  :no

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The thing that pisses me off the most about the ESL is that UEFA got their Champions League changes in through the back door and were portrayed as the good guys  :no

Helped out by tits like Che Neville protecting Sky's interests.