Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546610 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #2400 on: September 29, 2021, 12:40:55 pm »
…The dark side?
Always 2 there are.

RAWK NOB ED “nOT wITh oUr tRaNsFeR pOlIcY aN iNjUrY rEcOrDs tHeReS fUcKiN nOt ….fSg sElL tO bUy nYaRr mOmMa tHe hEaDaChEs”

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #2401 on: September 29, 2021, 01:25:19 pm »
His run to open it up for Mo's 2nd was excellent. Thought he was quietly very good. Will be a bit disappointed with the 2nd chance. First was tough.

Probably my favourite play of the match, he knew there was no chance he was receiving that pass yet still made the run to open up the passing lane for Curtis. Could’ve easily had a hat trick on the night, always finding himself in positions to score.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2402 on: September 29, 2021, 03:11:13 pm »
As ever some people fail to understand happenstance and the non-meaningful nature of short term data.

Just as Jota scoring at a rate of a goal a game or more when he first came did not mean he would go on to be a 40-50 goal a season player, so any perceived 'lack' in his play over a few games does not indicate anything meaningful. In particular missing a couple of 'sitters' in a row is meaningless.

It's the old even spread fallacy
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2403 on: September 29, 2021, 03:22:05 pm »
As ever some people fail to understand happenstance and the non-meaningful nature of short term data.

Just as Jota scoring at a rate of a goal a game or more when he first came did not mean he would go on to be a 40-50 goal a season player, so any perceived 'lack' in his play over a few games does not indicate anything meaningful. In particular missing a couple of 'sitters' in a row is meaningless.

It's the old even spread fallacy

Shankly's quote about Hunt comes to mind.

"Yes, Roger Hunt misses a few, but he gets in the right place to miss them.” - Bill Shankly

Jota keeps getting into the right positions.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: September 29, 2021, 05:46:06 pm »
Isn't he better on the left? I'd start him over Mane with Firmino and Salah on Sunday.

Kyle Walker and Pep would love this. Sadio is the only player who Walker comes up against who he cant physically or psychologically impose his will on. Sadio has destroyed him numerous times in one on one situations which is the strength of Walker's game and we will also need Sadio's workrate and physicality when we dont have the ball. That's the same reason i would also start Bobby as well. Pep will flood the midfield and will try and take the crowd out with the possesion game in midfield by out numbering our midfield 3, we need Bobby dropping in to give us that diamond in the middle of the park. It also gives us a legit goal scorer on the bench in Jota and his freshness and movement will be very useful to call upon in the second half.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2405 on: September 29, 2021, 09:13:34 pm »
I disagree. Multiple things can be true, he can play regularly for us and still need to improve in certain areas of his game [Mane,Salah have for instance]. We've set high standards as a team, there's nothing wrong with that. He is playing at a very good level, but the notion that he doesn't need to improve because he's already playing is false. Salah has improved since he left Roma, he's gotten better and better, taken his game to a higher level and helped us even more in the process.

Jota can improve. He has 1 assist so far. His passing can be better. That doesn't mean he can't play for us in the meantime, but it's an area that he can work on.

You can't just stay stagnate.

Good post

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: October 1, 2021, 09:57:33 am »
I disagree. Multiple things can be true, he can play regularly for us and still need to improve in certain areas of his game [Mane,Salah have for instance]. We've set high standards as a team, there's nothing wrong with that. He is playing at a very good level, but the notion that he doesn't need to improve because he's already playing is false. Salah has improved since he left Roma, he's gotten better and better, taken his game to a higher level and helped us even more in the process.

Jota can improve. He has 1 assist so far. His passing can be better. That doesn't mean he can't play for us in the meantime, but it's an area that he can work on.

You can't just stay stagnate.

Exactly. I'm not sure if the point is being clear for deFacto. We are not talking about a struggling player that needs to improve. We are talking about a very good player that could improve a lot and become a world class player. Don't focus on the wording, but I am sure you and others can see improvements being possible for him. All possible and still him currently being a very good player.

Not sure if you or someone else focused on the wording of 'need to improve' vs more 'can improve'. If he didn't improve then he'd still be a very good player, but could see others then move ahead of him due to their improvements and he stagnating. Silly to think he wouldn't improve.

I am very excited to see where he is in 1-2 seasons more here.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2407 on: October 1, 2021, 10:58:51 am »
Not sure if you or someone else focused on the wording of 'need to improve' vs more 'can improve'. If he didn't improve then he'd still be a very good player, but could see others then move ahead of him due to their improvements and he stagnating. Silly to think he wouldn't improve.

That was me.  It was an (over)reaction to some of the negativity that has been flooding the forum lately which was just getting exhausting.  I was just being pedantic about the wording because it seems that everyone 'needs' to improve and players are constantly 'very poor' and yet somehow this team leads the league (and CL) in just about every attacking category that exists.

Anyway, we all agree that he's already a very good player but has room for improvement in some areas, so apologies for getting fixated on the language and dragging this into a needless two page discussion.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: October 11, 2021, 03:26:35 pm »
Still fighting a muscle injury and will miss Portugal's next qualifier....and yet they won't send him back to Liverpool.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2409 on: October 11, 2021, 05:24:40 pm »
Still fighting a muscle injury and will miss Portugal's next qualifier....and yet they won't send him back to Liverpool.

Looks like he will be sent back early

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2410 on: October 11, 2021, 05:41:04 pm »
Cast aside like a used johnny bag
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: October 11, 2021, 09:54:28 pm »

I hope you are right - makes sense.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2412 on: October 12, 2021, 03:49:26 pm »

Sounds like this has been confirmed now.

Must be a doubt for Saturday if he's unavailable for tonight (unless Portugal are doing us a massive favour).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2413 on: October 12, 2021, 03:54:57 pm »
Bit annoying given how amazing our attack has looked so far this season. But we've got Utd soon and they never have to play against anyones strongest side so expect a few more injuries yet.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2414 on: October 12, 2021, 04:12:33 pm »
Bit annoying given how amazing our attack has looked so far this season. But we've got Utd soon and they never have to play against anyones strongest side so expect a few more injuries yet.

Yeah but on the other hand Varane and Maguire are injured and that is definitely worse than the defensive injuries we weren't allowed to mention last season. ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: October 12, 2021, 05:05:42 pm »
Yeah but on the other hand Varane and Maguire are injured and that is definitely worse than the defensive injuries we weren't allowed to mention last season. ::)

:D Yep, their tune has changed very quickly regarding defensive injuries.  ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2416 on: October 13, 2021, 09:01:24 am »
Sounds like this has been confirmed now.

Must be a doubt for Saturday if he's unavailable for tonight (unless Portugal are doing us a massive favour).

Seems Portugal thought he might have made  the bench for their next game but came to their senses and sent him back to us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: October 13, 2021, 07:03:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1448310139870666758

.@TrentAA and @DiogoJota18 are expected to be available for our clash with Watford on Saturday

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2418 on: October 14, 2021, 09:25:40 am »
:D Yep, their tune has changed very quickly regarding defensive injuries.  ;D

Big head despite never taking the PL by storm is still United best defender. So the longer he sits out the greater they will be feeling that effect.

Thank our lucky stars that Jota is available. We cannot afford to have another man down.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2420 on: October 24, 2021, 07:07:37 pm »
What a signing this guy has been. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2421 on: October 24, 2021, 07:12:47 pm »
He’s a good one. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: October 24, 2021, 08:27:49 pm »
The best portuguese player on the pitch today. Fantastic performance.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2423 on: October 24, 2021, 08:29:32 pm »
His passing and link-up were so good all game. Think he looks much better on the wing.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2424 on: October 24, 2021, 08:33:34 pm »
He’s used to carrying Penando and Penandes for his national team, so no surprise really.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: October 24, 2021, 08:37:01 pm »
His best game for us, better than Atalanta away.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2426 on: October 24, 2021, 08:38:15 pm »
He’s a good one. 😀
Great player, but it's not easy to stand out in this team. Plays next to Ronaldo for Portugal too. He doesn't seem like he plays for the attention though.

He's so clinical in the box, incredible positioning and finishes calmly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2427 on: October 24, 2021, 08:41:29 pm »
Wonderful. He attracts goals like a magnet; just always there in the right place for a scoring touch
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2428 on: October 24, 2021, 08:43:13 pm »

Haha. Nice one. Nothing went right for United. I thought his goal seemed fair, he can’t have been offside by much. But other than that he had also no impact on the game in 90 minutes.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2429 on: October 24, 2021, 09:12:11 pm »
Will get over shadowed by Salah but thought he was excellent today

Offline Its not bloody Diego

• Main Stander
« Reply #2430 on: October 24, 2021, 09:23:35 pm »
Si senhor, pronounce his name properly and he will score.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: October 24, 2021, 10:10:22 pm »
I do like him better on the left hand side than through the middle, he always looks like he has the full back on toast every time he plays out there.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:05 am »
Haha. Nice one. Nothing went right for United. I thought his goal seemed fair, he can’t have been offside by much. But other than that he had also no impact on the game in 90 minutes.

What?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2433 on: October 25, 2021, 01:20:42 am »
Si senhor, pronounce his name properly and he will score.

Si senor
Put a controller in his hands and he will score
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2434 on: October 25, 2021, 03:09:31 am »
His passing and link-up were so good all game. Think he looks much better on the wing.

Really superb in the air, always winning headers against bigger players due to superior timing and mad hops...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2435 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:44 am »

His pressing was also fantastic. Best performance for Liverpool imho.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: October 26, 2021, 07:21:39 am »

Shocking take..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: October 26, 2021, 07:49:25 am »
You do know he got another assist right?
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2438 on: October 26, 2021, 07:58:02 am »
You do know he got another assist right?

think he is mentioning the other diving petulant overrated portugese ;D

its the var decision that we regularly got last season. 1st time its happened to them and they are whining like cry babies.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2439 on: October 26, 2021, 08:53:44 am »
His pressing was also fantastic. Best performance for Liverpool imho.

Klopp described him as a pressing machine when we first bought him, or something to that effect. He's relentless but in a quiet, unassuming way so it probably goes unnoticed. He was brilliant the other day, hopefully he'll kick on now because we know he's got goals in him.