Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 2404049 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63160 on: October 16, 2021, 09:55:55 am »
I see what you were meaning now. I forgot to state that I was showing them by date of death (rather than date reported which you were referring to).

Date reported is not a measure that matters when trying to understand trends (relative to cases data), what it mostly shows is the timeliness of the different sources of deaths being reported.
Got you. And that’s a bit more encouraging then I guess.

Although I suppose if you’re comparing week on week, using the same data (eg date reported) then you’ve got the same variables in play during both 7 day data sets, so perhaps still SOME use in looking for week on week trends? I guess where it goes wrong is holiday periods. So I can see what you mean by actual date rather than reported date being the one to use.

Offline Wabaloolah@xmas

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63161 on: October 16, 2021, 10:58:36 am »
Why do you need internet to do a LFT?

I'd assume you could even have pop-up test places everywhere in town for those that can't or don't want to do it at home.
I guess he means for uploading the results?

Not sure how many people these days don't have access to the internet anyway given the widespread mobile phone use they probably have access even if they don't realise it
If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63162 on: October 16, 2021, 11:44:15 am »
Got you. And that’s a bit more encouraging then I guess.

Although I suppose if you’re comparing week on week, using the same data (eg date reported) then you’ve got the same variables in play during both 7 day data sets, so perhaps still SOME use in looking for week on week trends? I guess where it goes wrong is holiday periods. So I can see what you mean by actual date rather than reported date being the one to use.

Yeah you're right - you can compare say a Monday's results to the previous Monday to get a snap picture on the day of.

But yeah there's also some volatility based on data sources that could be behind those perceived changes when looking only at date reported (eg ONS don't work on weekends to provide PHE/UKHSA with their reports, and sometimes other sources might be incomplete because of a little IT issue on a given day).

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63163 on: October 16, 2021, 12:49:30 pm »
Just had a text saying there may of been an issue with my PCR test, asking me to take another, absolutely fucking pointless now, I just assumed I had it and isolated (still isolating).  It’s all got a bit silly now.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63164 on: October 16, 2021, 04:26:31 pm »
43423 new cases and 148 deaths reported today.

Online djahern

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63165 on: October 16, 2021, 06:40:29 pm »
43423 new cases and 148 deaths reported today.
Big numbers for a Saturday. With regard to week on week increases, of course we’re seeing significant rises in the south west compared last week - purely down to now identifying infections that we weren’t then. The cock up of that testing centre has actually shown us how useful these LFT are. I was extremely sceptical when Johnson announced his “moonshot” idea last year, but here we are now with those exact tools he proclaimed. The problem is we’re not actually using them as we should and getting the value that they provide.

I’d have to have read back but I’m pretty sure I said his idea would never work when he announced it. I was wrong, but equally so was he as now that we can implement that “moonshot” idea, we’re not even bothering. It’s the story of this pandemic with them, flit from one thing to the next after massive investment. We have extremely good vaccines, but make no real effort to convince those remaining to take it. We have extremely good at home tests, but make a token effort to make people use it. So frustrating.

Edit : and we had a very successful furlough policy, while at the same time completely ignoring the fact that many people had to work, sick or not, to put food on the table. Expensive half measures that place us where we are now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:45:49 pm by djahern »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63166 on: October 16, 2021, 08:54:59 pm »
My 13 yr old is still not feeling right and seems a bit depressed too. He's got mates at school who feel the same, is feeling down a side effect of covid?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63167 on: October 16, 2021, 09:17:13 pm »
My 13 yr old is still not feeling right and seems a bit depressed too. He's got mates at school who feel the same, is feeling down a side effect of covid?

The thing that worries me about Covid more than anything is the possibility that it just won't go away, tinnitus sufferers often have to deal with depression for the same reason. I can see that being a problem for a kid who might normally be really active.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63168 on: October 16, 2021, 10:02:27 pm »

It's an expected side effect of 18 months of constant bad news and disruption to their usual lives.

I'm sure they'll be OK when a semblance of real normality resumes.

Offline Lee0-3Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63169 on: October 16, 2021, 10:30:01 pm »
My daughter was on a school trip to Manchester yesterday. Her friend who was with her text this morning to say she has had a positive lateral flow test, took daughter for PCR test this afternoon but been reading that it could take up to five days before you test positive/become infectious?

They both wore masks except when they were sat eating in the food court in the Arndale. Pretty pissed off with the friend's parents as they have since said she wasn't feeling well and had done two lateral flow tests the previous day (both negative) but didn't bother taking her for a pcr.

Offline Gerroffofit yer pesky kids and take your puppies with you!

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #63170 on: October 17, 2021, 09:31:17 am »
Not sure if we'll need this going forward, but if you need a Covid Test (We had to do a PCR one due to Government rules) then I can recommend the one at Chavaisse Park in Liverpool

Dead easy to book (Unlike the shitty Boots website that was impossible to fill in) and when we got there, it was a breeze to turn up, do the test and get off.

Me and the missus got our results back within 12 hours and the whole experience was pretty much pain free (£55 each, but thems the rules at the time we did them)

Randox is the name of the company : https://www.randox.com/
Sorry everyone. Likely to be off on a rant at the drop of an annoyed otter.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63171 on: October 17, 2021, 10:14:22 am »
Not sure if we'll need this going forward, but if you need a Covid Test (We had to do a PCR one due to Government rules) then I can recommend the one at Chavaisse Park in Liverpool

Dead easy to book (Unlike the shitty Boots website that was impossible to fill in) and when we got there, it was a breeze to turn up, do the test and get off.

Me and the missus got our results back within 12 hours and the whole experience was pretty much pain free (£55 each, but thems the rules at the time we did them)

Taking my lad to Manchester Airport this afternoon to do his pre departure PCR, as we are supposed to be flying to Cyprus on Wednesday - also booked with Randox, cost us £60.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63172 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:35 am »

As I live near Heathrow airport there’s loads around here, and a lot of the airlines have deals with the testing companies like Randox when you book to get a discount too.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63173 on: October 17, 2021, 11:45:58 am »
As I live near Heathrow airport there’s loads around here, and a lot of the airlines have deals with the testing companies like Randox when you book to get a discount too.

Good old Randox. When not sponsoring the grand national finding time to build its Tory connections.

https://eastdevonwatch.org/2020/11/05/tory-linked-firm-involved-in-testing-failure-given-new-347m-covid-contract/

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63174 on: October 17, 2021, 12:04:18 pm »
Good old Randox. When not sponsoring the grand national finding time to build its Tory connections.

https://eastdevonwatch.org/2020/11/05/tory-linked-firm-involved-in-testing-failure-given-new-347m-covid-contract/

Surely its the case that each and every one of the firms offering the tests are Tory donors?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63175 on: October 17, 2021, 12:45:39 pm »
Surely its the case that each and every one of the firms offering the tests are Tory donors?

Don’t know about all but certainly a huge amount of apparent corruption going on from the onset of the pandemic.  Hence ongoing court cases brought by the Good Law Project.

https://goodlawproject.org/case/money-for-dominic-cummings-mates/

https://goodlawproject.org/case/procurement-case/

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63176 on: October 17, 2021, 01:34:43 pm »
Don’t know about all but certainly a huge amount of apparent corruption going on from the onset of the pandemic.  Hence ongoing court cases brought by the Good Law Project.

https://goodlawproject.org/case/money-for-dominic-cummings-mates/

https://goodlawproject.org/case/procurement-case/

Its why I am so angry at the ministers and wish vile things on them. Almost £500 million in PPE contracts awarded to a pest control company with assets of £18k, a confectioner company and a private equity fund registered in a tax haven? no wonder goodlaw are all over it

Offline Wabaloolah@xmas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63177 on: October 17, 2021, 06:06:29 pm »
Just had a text saying there may of been an issue with my PCR test, asking me to take another, absolutely fucking pointless now, I just assumed I had it and isolated (still isolating).  It’s all got a bit silly now.
had one of those this morning following my daughter's "negative" test on 3rd October. The text said that given the timescale (now two weeks after the test was taken) there's no need to take any action.

She didn't isolate though but her LFTs were all negative too

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63178 on: October 17, 2021, 09:40:03 pm »
Interesting story on Twitter from the FT and and their guy whose been doing a lot of the Covid reporting trying to explain why we’re doing so much worse then the rest of Europe, interesting theory is that because we started vaccination before most of Europe were seeing waning immunity from the vaccines before Europe the way Israel did a few months ago who were a few months ahead of us in vaccinations, made worse by the fact we were slow vaccinating kids, the AZ vaccines seems to start waning earlier then Pfizer and we’re not doing great with boosters either.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1449801652207239176?s=21
Thinking is overrated.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63179 on: October 18, 2021, 11:57:26 am »
Interesting story on Twitter from the FT and and their guy whose been doing a lot of the Covid reporting trying to explain why we’re doing so much worse then the rest of Europe, interesting theory is that because we started vaccination before most of Europe were seeing waning immunity from the vaccines before Europe the way Israel did a few months ago who were a few months ahead of us in vaccinations, made worse by the fact we were slow vaccinating kids, the AZ vaccines seems to start waning earlier then Pfizer and we’re not doing great with boosters either.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1449801652207239176?s=21

Also, we have lifted every restriction.

Mask wearing should still be a thing plus better controls over events.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63180 on: October 18, 2021, 01:30:33 pm »

As the Twitter thread points out, Scotland still requires mask wearing much more then England but the cases numbers are no better in Scotland.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Jolly Elf?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63181 on: October 18, 2021, 01:36:16 pm »
As the Twitter thread points out, Scotland still requires mask wearing much more then England but the cases numbers are no better in Scotland.

There's not a huge difference but over last month or so been trending down in Scotland compared to up/flat everywhere else.

Not tha tI am saying that is down to masks, there does seem to just be a cyclical nature and each of the 4 nations aren't always at the same point.

Check the "Weekly Case and Death Rates by Nation" graph over last 3 months.
https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63182 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:25 pm »

Is that down to infected English taking it up there though? I had a run to near Edinburgh a few weeks ago and when I stopped for a break at Gretna Services, it was packed with English travellers and they were walking around maskless without giving a shit. The hand hygiene in the mens bogs was vile too.

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63183 on: October 18, 2021, 02:21:08 pm »

It almost feels back to normal now. In my experience over the last few weeks, mask wearing in shops is about 30%. I caught a train for the 1st time since Feb 20 and was expecting to see lots of masks, I'd say 10% based on my carriage, max. Went into a pub to order and there were people queuing at the bar and pub was full, we bought ale and sat outside which was also full.
Week earlier, we were at an event in a bar which again was pretty full with people standing in groups.
Sat outside a pub Sat evening, then went in when it got cooler and it was pretty full, stayed for a couple more but left when it got even busier.

To me, and picking up on your point, is if that's what is now going on, then we are doing better than expected. My guess is that fewer and fewer are actually getting tested and that the actual infection rates are higher, but the vaccines are doing their job. For now.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63184 on: October 18, 2021, 02:30:38 pm »
It almost feels back to normal now. In my experience over the last few weeks, mask wearing in shops is about 30%. I caught a train for the 1st time since Feb 20 and was expecting to see lots of masks, I'd say 10% based on my carriage, max. Went into a pub to order and there were people queuing at the bar and pub was full, we bought ale and sat outside which was also full.
Week earlier, we were at an event in a bar which again was pretty full with people standing in groups.
Sat outside a pub Sat evening, then went in when it got cooler and it was pretty full, stayed for a couple more but left when it got even busier.

To me, and picking up on your point, is if that's what is now going on, then we are doing better than expected. My guess is that fewer and fewer are actually getting tested and that the actual infection rates are higher, but the vaccines are doing their job. For now.

Mask wearing has died a death in England in particular and in most areas apparently. I can't believe that there is any area left in England now where mask wearing is high, as I know some people got offended at the thought of that being labelled at their areas.

Offline RainbowFlick@xmas

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #63185 on: October 18, 2021, 02:34:06 pm »

worth speaking to a GP if he's feeling depressed - his mates too. not only has it been a glum 2 years, but I can imagine those with residual lethargy or longer effects of Covid will feel downbeat too. hope he feels better and it's just a case of his age and circumstances.
YNWA.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63186 on: October 18, 2021, 02:53:25 pm »
worth speaking to a GP if he's feeling depressed - his mates too. not only has it been a glum 2 years, but I can imagine those with residual lethargy or longer effects of Covid will feel downbeat too. hope he feels better and it's just a case of his age and circumstances.

We're off to Cyprus on Wednesday, if he still feels bad when we get back, I'm going to take him in.

Went to see Venom with the lad yesterday, nearest Odeon is the Trafford Centre - fuck me, it was rammed to the rafters and masks were non existent, no wonder Trafford has the worst rates in GM now.

Offline Wabaloolah@xmas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63187 on: October 18, 2021, 03:10:04 pm »
Mask wearing has died a death in England in particular and in most areas apparently. I can't believe that there is any area left in England now where mask wearing is high, as I know some people got offended at the thought of that being labelled at their areas.
It's creeping through to Wales too (still a requirement to wear a mask inside accept for hospitality, a month or so ago pretty much everyone was wearing a mask in Sainsbury's and our local NISA.  Nowadays, I see loads of people not wearing them when I go to a shop and cases are on the rise still in Wales.  They aren't even bothering to wear the sunflower lanyard anymore either!

It's not just the shoppers, it's most of the workers too!

I've not been on a train for a while but I suspect it's the same on there.

Offline Wabaloolah@xmas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63188 on: October 18, 2021, 03:11:36 pm »
There's not a huge difference but over last month or so been trending down in Scotland compared to up/flat everywhere else.

Not tha tI am saying that is down to masks, there does seem to just be a cyclical nature and each of the 4 nations aren't always at the same point.

Check the "Weekly Case and Death Rates by Nation" graph over last 3 months.
https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/
That's a great link that, all the data you need in one place by the looks

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Kopite
« Reply #63189 on: October 18, 2021, 04:16:17 pm »
Will be interesting to see if any restrictions come in for uk travellers flying abroad and capacity crowds in the next month or so

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63190 on: October 18, 2021, 04:38:42 pm »
6000 cases per 100,000 in schools in my LEA.

No need to vaccinate, because at that rate they’ll all have bloody had it by Christmas.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63191 on: October 18, 2021, 04:47:37 pm »
6000 cases per 100,000 in schools in my LEA.

No need to vaccinate, because at that rate they’ll all have bloody had it by Christmas.

One thing everyone who won't wear masks is missing is there is about 13 million kids under 16 in this country, so its fair to guess about 9 million are in school and they are not yet vaccinated - this is why I feel they were wrong to pull back on masks so early.

Online Jolly Elf?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63192 on: October 18, 2021, 05:24:55 pm »
That's a great link that, all the data you need in one place by the looks

Yeah it's the best of all the sites I have come across. It's run by a Scottish guy so there is a separate Scottish page but the UK one is good for comparing the trends across the 4 home nations.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63193 on: October 18, 2021, 05:44:09 pm »
49156 new cases and 45 deaths reported today

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #63194 on: October 18, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »

I said the other day we'll be looking at 50,000+ next week. Probably starting tomorrow.

Half term might calm it, as the schools are driving a lot of the infections, but one week isn't going to do anything ultimately.

Got to hope it's not another exponential rise after it had settled at 30 something thousand for months.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63195 on: October 18, 2021, 05:54:27 pm »

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63196 on: October 18, 2021, 06:02:04 pm »

How many are school kids and uni students?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63197 on: October 18, 2021, 06:13:49 pm »
How many are school kids and uni students?

I'd guess the majority are school and other students.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63198 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:01 pm »
Interesting article on the effects of vaccination on admissions and death.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2306

But the article makes it clear that certain groups, despite double vaccination, are at an elevated risk of death or serious illness.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63199 on: October 18, 2021, 07:09:01 pm »
How long until countries start putting on their Red lists?
Thinking is overrated.