Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 149228 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #1880 on: December 11, 2021, 08:18:21 am »
If you have a PS5 get the Matrix game. It's a proper, gorgeous technical achievement.

I've got headphones on, this is incredible

It’s unbelievable, very much looking forward to seeing what developers can do with this in the years to come.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: December 11, 2021, 08:25:44 am »
Fortnite is moving to the same engine as the Matrix tech demo.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1882 on: December 11, 2021, 09:02:05 am »
I thought the tech demo was okay.

We've already seen what UE5 is capable of back in 2020 when they showed off the lumen system with there dynamic global illumination and nanite.

Thought the tech demo was a bit qte heavy (David cage would of loved it!) I'd of liked more freedom during that set piece car chase.

Not going to lie though it does wet your appetite for what's to come for more open world games and in particular I'm always keen to see what Rockstar does with RAGE as I feel their open worlds are still the best simulated ones

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1883 on: December 12, 2021, 10:52:38 am »
I thought the tech demo was okay.

We've already seen what UE5 is capable of back in 2020 when they showed off the lumen system with there dynamic global illumination and nanite.

Thought the tech demo was a bit qte heavy (David cage would of loved it!) I'd of liked more freedom during that set piece car chase.

.... Did you not do the Explore City option on the main menu?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: December 12, 2021, 11:45:33 am »
.... Did you not do the Explore City option on the main menu?

Yeah I did. The scope and lighting was impressive, also the traffic system. The car chase is obviously heavily scripted, once you are given the freedom to explore the city I'd of liked more interaction with it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1885 on: December 15, 2021, 02:07:26 pm »
I've been invited to buy a PS5 with Sony tomorrow, between 10am-12pm.

Not sure if it's account specific but happy to send on the email to someone if they want it, I just can't afford one right now.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: December 17, 2021, 03:07:59 pm »
I've been invited to buy a PS5 with Sony tomorrow, between 10am-12pm.

Not sure if it's account specific but happy to send on the email to someone if they want it, I just can't afford one right now.

Would've taken this had I seen it in time  :duh
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1887 on: December 20, 2021, 12:26:10 pm »
No worries mate if I get another invite I'll post again

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: December 20, 2021, 12:30:33 pm »
No worries mate if I get another invite I'll post again

Got one on Curry's the other day. Hopefully being delivered tomorrow.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: December 22, 2021, 06:48:34 am »
January sale has gone live on the PS Store. Am tempted to get Deathloop and Far Cry 6, and my lad has been after the Tony Hawk remake which is in there too. Ghost of Tsushima is still pricey even when in the sale so that can wait!

The Mass Effect Legendary edition is £30 which I could go for, but that is a real time investment…

Overall there seems to be plenty of reasonable deals in it from what I can see.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: December 22, 2021, 07:47:52 am »
Think I might bag Hunt Showdown and maybe Kena as well. Some decent offers.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1891 on: December 22, 2021, 09:35:28 am »
Bagged Disco Elysium for £22, cheers for the heads up!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1892 on: December 22, 2021, 12:29:46 pm »
So is the usual thing that a cheaper, smaller model comes out after a few years?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: December 22, 2021, 12:44:40 pm »
So is the usual thing that a cheaper, smaller model comes out after a few years?

Usually but it wasn't the case with PS4. Hardly dropped in price and same with Nintendo switch.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1894 on: December 22, 2021, 01:24:26 pm »

Well we've only really had one generation that had a refresh mid-way, and both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X were more expensive than the base models. But the base models didn't really drop too much in price either, mostly because they didn't make them in large enough numbers anymore.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: December 22, 2021, 01:52:32 pm »
Usually but it wasn't the case with PS4. Hardly dropped in price and same with Nintendo switch.
The PS4 Slim came out 3 years after release, but I can't remember if either model had a price reduction.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1896 on: December 22, 2021, 02:42:26 pm »
The PS4 Slim came out 3 years after release, but I can't remember if either model had a price reduction.

Yeah I got the PS4 slim. Well my wife bought it for me, and I’m sure she said it was cheaper.
I’m a pretty slow player, I’ve still got more than enough games to go through on that so It’s interesting to find out if there’ll be a slimmer/hopefully less costly version maybe in 2023ish

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: December 22, 2021, 03:05:49 pm »
Yeah I got the PS4 slim. Well my wife bought it for me, and I’m sure she said it was cheaper.
I’m a pretty slow player, I’ve still got more than enough games to go through on that so It’s interesting to find out if there’ll be a slimmer/hopefully less costly version maybe in 2023ish

What I would say is that whilst you may not play too many games, it’s nice to have them installed so that you can play them and the current model of the PS5 isn’t great for that in terms of space (if runs out quickly and some games take over 1/6 of the available storage, so the idea of one being even smaller wouldn’t be great for me. Obviously you can delete and reinstall games but you’ll lose your progress. There is now the option to buy removable storage though, but then it defeats the purpose if you were looking for something cheaper.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1898 on: December 22, 2021, 03:33:47 pm »
What I would say is that whilst you may not play too many games, it’s nice to have them installed so that you can play them and the current model of the PS5 isn’t great for that in terms of space (if runs out quickly and some games take over 1/6 of the available storage, so the idea of one being even smaller wouldn’t be great for me. Obviously you can delete and reinstall games but you’ll lose your progress. There is now the option to buy removable storage though, but then it defeats the purpose if you were looking for something cheaper.

Shouldn’t be much of a problem for me!
I’m pretty much a one large open game at a time person. Probably averaging one game every 6 months if that. I use my switch for quick bursts of fun and the PS4 to hunt rabbits when the kids are finally dispatched 😊

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: December 27, 2021, 04:33:56 pm »
Hotwheels Unleashed is great fun

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: January 14, 2022, 09:17:20 am »
Not strictly PS5 but Playstation related..looks like Sony are ending the PS Now service and possibly rolling it into an extra tier of PS Plus, they've asked retailers to remove the PS Now sub cards from stores starting next Friday.

PS Now is okay but it makes more sense to roll it into something else and hopefully build on it from there. There's been a new BC patent revealed so hopefully it ties in with that as the current way to play old games isn't ideal.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: January 14, 2022, 02:32:30 pm »
Not strictly PS5 but Playstation related..looks like Sony are ending the PS Now service and possibly rolling it into an extra tier of PS Plus, they've asked retailers to remove the PS Now sub cards from stores starting next Friday.

PS Now is okay but it makes more sense to roll it into something else and hopefully build on it from there. There's been a new BC patent revealed so hopefully it ties in with that as the current way to play old games isn't ideal.

This desperately needs to be revamped and become their gamepass imo.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:13 pm »
Sony do need to do something serious to compete with Gamepass. I’ve had PlayStations since the first one, I love PlayStations and the PS5 is no different. I cannot wait for GT7 in March.

But, I got hold of a Series X last year, my first ever Xbox, and Gamepass is unbelievable as a newcomer used to Sony’s PS Plus. I’ve stopped buying much on the PS Store as so much great stuff appears on Gamepass, the Mass Effect trilogy being a recent example.

I still love my PS5, the Xbox sits nearby like some sort of imposter given my history with them both, and I would struggle not to get the PS6 (I have too much PS history) but for a lot of people I suspect Gamepass will start to become too much of a draw.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: January 14, 2022, 08:48:42 pm »
There’s been rumours for months that they’re rolling PS+ and PSNow into one service. There’s a project that they’re working on which everyone is guessing is this.

Also got a State of Play rumoured for February which could be an announcement, which makes sense due to the cards being removed from sale.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: January 15, 2022, 10:54:58 am »
Let’s hope that we’re not forced into a more expensive ps plus subscription then

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: January 15, 2022, 11:48:36 am »
I nearly bought a 12 month PSNow sub off cdkeys last week aswell but think I will hold out to see what they are doing with it.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: January 15, 2022, 01:22:28 pm »
Let’s hope that we’re not forced into a more expensive ps plus subscription then

If they roll it into one, I reckon it’ll be around the £15 a month mark.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:26 pm »
Word is that the new one will have classic Playstation games available on it and it will be a tiered subscription. There’s a lad called Mystic (well that’s his YouTube channel name) who did a video on it a month or so ago.

Seems fairly sound.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: January 15, 2022, 10:34:10 pm »
It's definitely needed for PS. Gamepass has changed the game IMO. If they implement a back compat program as well going back to PSOne, PS2 and PS3 then they'll be flying. They just need to make sure they price it right and don't think they can rest on their position and bump the price

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: January 15, 2022, 11:01:40 pm »
I think PS needs it from a legacy point of view but there day one firsty party stuff sells buckets, you'd be mad to put day one stuff on there when you can sell millions for 70 quid a pop. I don't think they'll go full Game pass equivalent for that reason.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1910 on: January 15, 2022, 11:16:26 pm »
As someone who has been into retro gaming for a long time and looking to play them on modern TV's, Playstation 1,2 and even 3 games are not going to look good in a world of 4K 120Hz variable refresh rate TV's. Nostalgia is all good but Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot is going to look like how you all though pong looked to you back in 1990

Playstation 1 plays games at 240p resolution which is 426 x 240 (102,240 pixels) at 30 frames per second. Modern 4k is 3840x2160 (8,294,400 pixels) at 60, 90 or even 120 frames a second.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: January 16, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
Maybe I’m getting too old for this. I tried PS Now for a week and ended up playing Fallout New Vegas and nothing else. It just felt wrong not buying, downloading and owning the entire game. I got paralyzed by the sheer volume of choices. I realize that the market isn’t geared towards me and my needs anymore.

That being said, I finally got hold of a PS5 in late December. It’s a new world. Still playing my old games but everything about it is better. I like the quick and slick menus and thr fact that it doesn’t sound like a jet engine. Waiting for GoW and the new LEGO-game. For the time being I’m actually playing XCOM2 on the ps5. It seems like a waste of good hardware.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1912 on: January 16, 2022, 01:28:09 pm »

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: January 16, 2022, 01:34:18 pm »
I don’t think Game Pass has had any major effect against the PS despite what the Xbox fanboy said further up, they are still selling double compared to any Xbox console.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: January 16, 2022, 02:18:31 pm »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1915 on: January 17, 2022, 11:42:35 am »
I don’t think Game Pass has had any major effect against the PS despite what the Xbox fanboy said further up, they are still selling double compared to any Xbox console.

I've never seen a fanboy get triggered as easily as you.  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: January 17, 2022, 11:46:20 am »
I've never seen a fanboy get triggered as easily as you.  ;D

You got the receipts? I own both consoles ya weirdo  ;D

You put up a good argument though  ::) I'm yet to see any reason why PS should be in a hurry for a Game Pass equivalent when they are beating Xbox by a long way.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:48:14 am by AndyMuller »

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: January 17, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »
You got the receipts? I own both consoles ya weirdo  ;D

You put up a good argument though  ::) I'm yet to see any reason why PS should be in a hurry for a Game Pass equivalent when they are beating Xbox by a long way.

Value for money? I own Series X but I will get a PS5 when they become more readily available and I'd love to be able to pay monthly to get access to all of their best 1st party games to be able to play through. But that's just me. If people are happy paying £70+ every time a new game comes out then don't let me stop you

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: January 17, 2022, 02:05:10 pm »
Value for money? I own Series X but I will get a PS5 when they become more readily available and I'd love to be able to pay monthly to get access to all of their best 1st party games to be able to play through. But that's just me. If people are happy paying £70+ every time a new game comes out then don't let me stop you

They've already said new first party games wouldn't be available day one if they released the equivalent though because it is unsustainable.

Your answer doesn't even make sense anyway, I'm talking from a Playstation perspective, why would they care about "value for money" when they are only interested in making money (which they do when their first party games sell in the millions).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:07:18 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: January 17, 2022, 09:29:52 pm »
I hate the gamepass argument, mainly because at the minute, it’s full of filler that no one will ever play.

Yes it’s hundreds of games, but out of those hundreds, only 4-5 are good yet are also readily available for purchase second hand, at half the cost of a GP ultimate sub.

The likes of Halo and Forza are carrying it, but they don’t hold the attention for long anymore, not for me anyway.

Played the Xbox when both came out for about a week, haven’t touched it since.

In the meantime, i’ve completed Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima and Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5.