Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 187045 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Reply #3120 on: March 9, 2024, 02:36:35 pm »
Killer for Ipswich, they're usually the ones striking late to win games. Cardiff not out of play off reckoning, Nat Phillips doing well there
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: March 9, 2024, 03:18:49 pm »
Cardiff scored twice in ET to come from behind and beat Ipswich.

Advantage Leeds and Leicester, the run-in should be an exciting one.

Leicester losing to Hull. Carvalho strike again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3122 on: March 9, 2024, 03:25:44 pm »
Carvalho might bring us in a bit of money if the next manager doesn't fancy him. He's definitely one of the top players at that level but not many can bank the sort of money we'd be after on him, and he might be a bit of an expensive risk for a Premier League squad player. Someone in Germany will probably have a go on him despite him not getting in at Leipzig.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3123 on: March 11, 2024, 03:33:26 pm »
News: Cleverley To Replace Ismaël

Tom Cleverley will assume the position of Interim Head Coach at Vicarage Road.

This follows Watford FC terminating the contract of Valérien Ismaël after today's home defeat to Coventry City.

The Hornets thank Valérien and his staff for their dedication and commitment, however the club's Board considers it an appropriate time to make a change in order to improve results.

Tom Cleverley's staff will be confirmed in due course.
Watford after that bit of Ev!  Cleverley was managed by Martinez and Koeman during his time at Everton but it's almost certainly the Unzy magic they're after.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3124 on: March 11, 2024, 03:39:02 pm »
Killer for Ipswich, they're usually the ones striking late to win games. Cardiff not out of play off reckoning, Nat Phillips doing well there

Just say the highlights... feck me, they got Ipswiched. Joke aside, they're a joy to watch.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3125 on: March 11, 2024, 03:46:54 pm »
Ipswich really need to tighten up at the back if they're going to progress further, they've conceded 49-goals in 37-games. Defence was one of their strongest positions last season with 35 conceded in 46 games but they haven't really strengthened there since getting promoted.

The goalkeeper is quite 'flappy' too which must give their defenders the yips. Fortunately I was out when my boy got home but there was apparantly a lot of door slamming. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3126 on: March 11, 2024, 04:00:49 pm »
Ipswich really need to tighten up at the back if they're going to progress further, they've conceded 49-goals in 37-games. Defence was one of their strongest positions last season with 35 conceded in 46 games but they haven't really strengthened there since getting promoted.

The goalkeeper is quite 'flappy' too which must give their defenders the yips. Fortunately I was out when my boy got home but there was apparantly a lot of door slamming. 

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3127 on: March 29, 2024, 04:02:14 pm »
It's looking very likely that four teams in the Championship are going to end up on 90 points, meaning at least one but possibly two of them can't go up  :o

I think Leicester and Leeds go up automatically with Southampton up via the play offs

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3128 on: March 29, 2024, 04:21:14 pm »
It's looking very likely that four teams in the Championship are going to end up on 90 points, meaning at least one but possibly two of them can't go up  :o

I think Leicester and Leeds go up automatically with Southampton up via the play offs

Leicester are in the midst of a remarkable slump though - they were ten minutes away from going 12 points clear of Leeds when they played each other, but have now lost 4 of their last 6. Their match against Southampton in a few weeks could be huge.

I'm hoping Southampton sneak into the promotion spots and Coventry go up via the play-offs.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3129 on: March 29, 2024, 05:02:16 pm »
Insane lead that Leicester have blown. Can’t see them recovering to win the title, they may limp over the line in 2nd.

I tuned in to Hull v Stoke to try and watch Carvalho, Morton and a player I want at Liverpool, Philogene. Stoke had none of the ball and all of the chances, Hull struggled with the speed of Stokie’s counter attack.

Neither Carvalho nor Philogene really got into the game and Morton looked leggy when he came on for the last 30 minutes. Probably knackered having played every minute of the U21’s games.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: March 29, 2024, 07:31:52 pm »
Insane lead that Leicester have blown. Can’t see them recovering to win the title, they may limp over the line in 2nd.

I tuned in to Hull v Stoke to try and watch Carvalho, Morton and a player I want at Liverpool, Philogene. Stoke had none of the ball and all of the chances, Hull struggled with the speed of Stokie’s counter attack.

Neither Carvalho nor Philogene really got into the game and Morton looked leggy when he came on for the last 30 minutes. Probably knackered having played every minute of the U21’s games.

Saw However scored. How's he looking?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: March 29, 2024, 07:35:51 pm »
The Tractors go top. McKenna is doing an incredible job, what a turnaround.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: March 29, 2024, 08:01:08 pm »
The Tractors go top. McKenna is doing an incredible job, what a turnaround.

Yep.  They've got through their little slump well.   

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3133 on: March 29, 2024, 09:01:04 pm »

You could have a team missing out on automatic promotion on around 100 points at this rate. Ipswich and Leeds have took advantage of their wobble.

I hope Leicester don't come up now though. They'll get hit with a points deduction, won't sign anyone and will sell their decent players like Dewsbury Hall. They'll just be another Sheffield United.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3134 on: March 29, 2024, 09:31:12 pm »
Saw However scored. How's he looking?
Very good today, considering he was up against a player I consider as the best attacker in the Championship, a future England international and CL-level talent in Philogene. He did a good old-fashioned man marking job, Hoever.

About a year ago, when Stoke were starting to trouble the play off picture in his first loan spell there, I felt he was probably the best young defender outside of the top few teams and he had definitely matured enough to return to the Premier League. Then as Stoke’s form dropped off a cliff, so did Hoevers’. He’s only 22, already looks like he’s maturing into a very good player and will surely get back to a top division soon, most likely back into the fold at Wolves before being sold for a good profit, if he’s still under contract. As good on the ball as he always was, he’s started to be a bit cuter and smarter with his defensive work. Looks revitalised under Schumacher.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3135 on: March 29, 2024, 09:31:34 pm »
Tom Cleverly looks a bit like Cillian Murphy.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3136 on: March 30, 2024, 04:15:17 am »

Feel Southampton are too far back to finish in the top 2 even if they win the games in hand, mind you they're having a bit of help with Leicester & Leeds getting a late draw at Watford. Leicester look like they've hit the wall, one win in 6 now after looking like cruising to promotion a couple of months ago.

The battle to stay in the championship looks exciting, Rotherham are all but relegated 19 points below safety with 7 matches left, but 5 points difference between 16th & 23rd place

#Sausages

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3137 on: April 1, 2024, 12:32:02 pm »
Ashley Barnes confirming he’s still very much a massive c*nt. Everyone takes the knee except him.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3138 on: April 1, 2024, 12:34:39 pm »
Some tasty looking fixtures today.....including Leicester (3rd) v Norwich (6th)..just kicked off ......and leaders Ipswich v 4th place Southampton the 5.30pm game.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: April 1, 2024, 12:41:19 pm »
Tom Cleverly looks a bit like Cillian Murphy.

John Stones looks even more like him I reckon.

Anyway, Cmon' Norwich.   Would just love these to miss out on Auto promotion then get bummed in the playoffs.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: April 1, 2024, 12:50:19 pm »
Gerrin!!

Trent to Origi ish

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: April 1, 2024, 12:50:36 pm »
Norwich stolen Man City’s corner routine there

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: April 1, 2024, 12:55:12 pm »
Leicester staying down and Forest joining them would be utopia.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: April 1, 2024, 01:04:16 pm »
That has been coming unfortunately

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: April 1, 2024, 01:05:22 pm »
Leicester staying down and Forest joining them would be utopia.

Leicester are fucked if they stay down as the EFL will throw the book at them. Probable transfer ban and a points deduction.

If they go up they'll get deducted points.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: April 1, 2024, 02:24:23 pm »
Norwich very poor. The whole Championship is crap quality

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3146 on: April 1, 2024, 05:55:32 pm »
Even allowing for Andy Hinchcliffe..this is a rather entertaining game of footy...2-1 to Southampton now after going one down.... quality goal as well...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: April 1, 2024, 06:05:50 pm »
Even allowing for Andy Hinchcliffe..this is a rather entertaining game of footy...2-1 to Southampton now after going one down.... quality goal as well...

Yeah it’s been a good quality affair so far as well. Ipswich not really at it so far.

Oh for the feeling of a goal being scored and not worrying about some tit in a room miles away deciding it can’t be given.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3148 on: April 1, 2024, 06:07:17 pm »
There isn't a single aspect of football that Hinchcliffe doesn't have complete mastery of... tactics, game management, attack, defence, how to take a freekick, how to defend a corner...I feel privileged to be able to listen to him...

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: April 1, 2024, 06:07:25 pm »
Norwich very poor. The whole Championship is crap quality

Wagner is a terrible manager. Says a lot that he's got them in the top 6.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3150 on: April 1, 2024, 06:46:48 pm »
The Mancs trying to nick the Soton Director of Football Jason Wilcox by the sounds of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3151 on: April 1, 2024, 07:20:10 pm »
The Mancs trying to nick the Soton Director of Football Jason Wilcox by the sounds of it.

Southampton are not happy about it either. ;D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/13106078/jason-wilcox-manchester-united-make-approach-for-southampton-director-of-football
#Sausages

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3153 on: April 1, 2024, 07:25:07 pm »
2-2 going Into stoppage time... Southampton down to 10 men...

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: April 1, 2024, 07:30:26 pm »
Soton have messed this up sadly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:04 pm »
Soton have messed this up sadly.

Really badly. Last second winner for Ipswich!

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:32 pm »
What an ending!

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3157 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:45 pm »
Ipswich win it with 5 seconds of 7mins stoppage time left!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:56 pm »
Really badly. Last second winner for Ipswich!

My brother will be kicking something around the house by now then. Ipswich are lucky sods though.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: April 1, 2024, 07:34:10 pm »
Saying that, I thought the red card was harsh. It didn't look like a denial of a goalscoring opportunity.