Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 505664 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #7720 on: December 22, 2020, 06:06:28 pm »
Don't want another injury prone. His back injury will never recover from what i heard.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7721 on: April 30, 2021, 10:20:39 am »
Thought I hadn't seen him in a while, he's not played for Barca since December...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7722 on: April 30, 2021, 01:09:49 pm »
Linked with Everton...  ;D
That one worked well hasn't it?

From the Scum that isn’t it?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7723 on: April 30, 2021, 01:24:55 pm »

Yes it is, to be fair I skimmed past it on the BBC column earlier that's how he popped into my head. Not that I watch them too much these days but I'd genuinely forgotten about him over the past few months.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #7724 on: April 30, 2021, 01:41:47 pm »
Didn't knew that, only saw a couple of headlines from other websites.

Will remove that.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7725 on: April 30, 2021, 01:44:37 pm »
Nah, I don't think he's that stupid to move to Everton

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7726 on: April 30, 2021, 05:29:04 pm »
Nah, I don't think he's that stupid to move to Everton

I'm not sure he's overburdened with options, to be fair. Probably didn't fancy Burnley or Aston Villa.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7727 on: April 30, 2021, 05:58:05 pm »
I'm not sure he's overburdened with options, to be fair. Probably didn't fancy Burnley or Aston Villa.
If he doesn't fancy either of them, he won't fancy Everton either.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7728 on: May 1, 2021, 09:17:32 am »
You can see their idea, creative player, can occasionally score, but he's no spring chicken any more is he! No pace and won't help too much in defence. On the plus side they're either replacing an fairly useless James with him so no change or they'll play together and pretty much everyone will score against them

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7729 on: May 1, 2021, 05:52:47 pm »
He hasnt been a brilliant player in quite some time. He's also befome prone to injuries more so than he ever has previously in his career

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #7730 on: May 1, 2021, 06:26:51 pm »
He hasnt been a brilliant player in quite some time. He's also befome prone to injuries more so than he ever has previously in his career

His back still bugging him?
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7731 on: May 1, 2021, 07:42:01 pm »
His back still bugging him?
You can't call him injury-prone though, his back problem recurrence happens every 3-4 years.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7732 on: May 1, 2021, 08:12:57 pm »
Said it on the Everton thread but I hope it happens. Big transfer fee and probably have to give him club record wages, when he's now injury prone, nearly 30 and not been good for the last three years. His antics in trying to move were embarrassing but generally speaking I don't dislike him, would just be hilarious to see him there only a few years after that move.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7733 on: May 2, 2021, 11:55:53 am »
Would we get a few million quid sell-on as well? Second time he can contribute to a squad rebuild.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7734 on: May 2, 2021, 03:36:27 pm »
He would still be a great option for us as still under contract with Barca, they owe us 50m so basically get him on loan, let them pay his wages still and negotiate with them in regards to the 50m. We wont be spending much this summer, who will be as everyone will be crying poverty so the best deals out there will be via loans / player exchanges probably. You cant judge his form on recent seasons as he gets shuffled around and surely he is a leap ahead of what we have for the link between midfield & the forwards. Dont want Minamino back and we will be struggling to get a fee for him, Shaqiri will probably be gone, Jones is still a couple of years away from making a position his own, likewise with Elliott. We need someone who knows what is required and has rarely failed to do so in the PL. Everton picked up James when many were saying the same thing about him, past his due date but class always rises to the top when you show them they are wanted at the club. At no risk at all we could bring him in on a loan, could still buy another as the team is crying out for more than one creative spark in midfield and by bringing in two options we enhance our chances of success. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7735 on: May 2, 2021, 04:34:49 pm »
He would still be a great option for us as still under contract with Barca, they owe us 50m so basically get him on loan, let them pay his wages still and negotiate with them in regards to the 50m. We wont be spending much this summer, who will be as everyone will be crying poverty so the best deals out there will be via loans / player exchanges probably. You cant judge his form on recent seasons as he gets shuffled around and surely he is a leap ahead of what we have for the link between midfield & the forwards. Dont want Minamino back and we will be struggling to get a fee for him, Shaqiri will probably be gone, Jones is still a couple of years away from making a position his own, likewise with Elliott. We need someone who knows what is required and has rarely failed to do so in the PL. Everton picked up James when many were saying the same thing about him, past his due date but class always rises to the top when you show them they are wanted at the club. At no risk at all we could bring him in on a loan, could still buy another as the team is crying out for more than one creative spark in midfield and by bringing in two options we enhance our chances of success.

Pretty sure we've now received everything that we are going to from Barca. Any money they owe isn't to us.

I can't see Barca being interested in another loan, it's of no benefit to them as his contract is dwindling away.

He was never great in our midfield 3 and was a bit of a liability defensively.

And James has been pretty average for Everton.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7736 on: May 2, 2021, 05:00:18 pm »
Pretty sure we've now received everything that we are going to from Barca. Any money they owe isn't to us.

I can't see Barca being interested in another loan, it's of no benefit to them as his contract is dwindling away.

He was never great in our midfield 3 and was a bit of a liability defensively.

And James has been pretty average for Everton.

James has more goals and assists than most of our midfield COMBINED. So what does that say about our midfield?

Why even mention Coutinho defensive liabilities when we are looking to add to our midfield creativity and link play with the forward line? Pretty much saying I might struggle to pull a caravan with the Ferrari.

This summer due to financial issues in the game we will have to be creative with our transfer dealings. The players we have that could be sold have probably seen their valued halved at least as we wont get a whole lot if we want to sell Ox, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri etc so I can see a lot of loans happening.

Maybe Barca want 30m for him and thats a gamble but if they do owe us any money for him then def could have an upper hand but honestly dont see it happening if it did not happen the past two seasons. We sure do need an injection of creativity in the team as Coutinho even in dire form has scored / assisted more in the past three seasons than any of our creative midfielders. The last thing I would be looking at is defensive ability for the creative CM position right now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7737 on: May 31, 2021, 11:03:48 am »

Absolutely no way would I want him back at the club. He wouldn’t get near the starting eleven. He can rehabilitate his back somewhere else.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7738 on: May 31, 2021, 11:13:08 am »
In theory, Coutinho could provide that creative spark we've been missing in midfield, his through balls and long-range shooting adding an extra attacking dimension we've been missing of late. I also don't hold the grudge against him other people do. Barcelona was his dream, and I don't think what he did was worse than what VVD did to Southampton.

Having said that, I can't see it happening because of the prohibitive costs involved and the extra running the other players would have to do. The issue before was that he wasn't an exact fit for the system, and that doesn't seem to have changed. Shaqiri has the same issue IMO.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7739 on: May 31, 2021, 04:02:30 pm »
If it's true that Barca are trying to send Coutinho back to us in return for us writing off their remaining debt, then they really do have "taking the piss" down to a fine art. Besides, they don't owe LFC the money, do they? It was sold to a finance company.

Whatever the case, I want these constant rumours of his return to LFC to go away and never come back. Not after what he did to shithouse his way out of the club.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7740 on: May 31, 2021, 05:12:59 pm »
In theory, Coutinho could provide that creative spark we've been missing in midfield, his through balls and long-range shooting adding an extra attacking dimension we've been missing of late. I also don't hold the grudge against him other people do. Barcelona was his dream, and I don't think what he did was worse than what VVD did to Southampton.

Having said that, I can't see it happening because of the prohibitive costs involved and the extra running the other players would have to do. The issue before was that he wasn't an exact fit for the system, and that doesn't seem to have changed. Shaqiri has the same issue IMO.
I agree with everything except that. Ideally Coutinho would be a great CAM, but I still remember he didn't really excel that much there, and his best games came on the left of a front three.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7741 on: May 31, 2021, 05:36:18 pm »

Presumably you mean Lovren, not VVD?

Or did I miss VVD threatening not to play

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7742 on: May 31, 2021, 05:41:00 pm »
If it's true that Barca are trying to send Coutinho back to us in return for us writing off their remaining debt, then they really do have "taking the piss" down to a fine art. Besides, they don't owe LFC the money, do they? It was sold to a finance company.

Whatever the case, I want these constant rumours of his return to LFC to go away and never come back. Not after what he did to shithouse his way out of the club.

Yeah Barca owe the bank, not us.

Absolute tragic move for Coutinho all round - though like Torres he got his 'medals'.
:D

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #7743 on: May 31, 2021, 10:02:34 pm »
I want to sign him, just so I don't have to listen to this shite twice a year forever.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7744 on: May 31, 2021, 10:59:30 pm »
We had Coutinho for 5 years & won nothing. I don’t think him & the front 3 in the same side really worked. I also think his departure allowed us to transition play from defence to attack at a level we’d not seen beforehand.

Coutinho never downed tools & was having his best season with us prior to going to Barca. I think him & us have both moved on. Other than him playing for us before, would people want us to sign him?
« Last Edit: June 1, 2021, 04:19:33 pm by Alf »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7745 on: May 31, 2021, 11:46:28 pm »
Barca don't owe us anything. We sold the Coutinho instalments on to a 3rd party.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7746 on: May 31, 2021, 11:49:30 pm »
Barca don't owe us anything. We sold the Coutinho instalments on to a 3rd party.
He might be a better option than Keita at the moment, It'd take him back for 5-10 million.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7747 on: June 1, 2021, 12:04:25 am »
yep

Persistent myth at this stage that Barca still owe us
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7748 on: June 1, 2021, 12:13:59 am »
yep

Persistent myth at this stage that Barca still owe us
Edwards inserted an infinity clause into the sale contract. Barcelona's debt never runs out. True story - so far Phil has paid for every player we've bought from van Dijk onwards. We've also gone back in time and used it to buy Stan Collymore.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7749 on: June 1, 2021, 01:03:48 am »
Edwards inserted an infinity clause into the sale contract. Barcelona's debt never runs out. True story - so far Phil has paid for every player we've bought from van Dijk onwards. We've also gone back in time and used it to buy Stan Collymore.

Do we still have Everton's rent money from 1891?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7750 on: June 1, 2021, 08:37:51 am »
Do we still have Everton's rent money from 1891?
Absolutely! And because of compound interest we are now considering splashing half of it for Mbappe  :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7751 on: June 1, 2021, 01:45:38 pm »
i'd take him in a heart beat

i miss them finesse shots from outside the box

him in front of Fabiniho and Thiago would be a joy to watch

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7752 on: June 1, 2021, 02:10:35 pm »
This:
I want to sign him, just so I don't have to listen to this shite twice a year forever.

and this:

We had Coutinho for 5 years & won nothing. I don’t think him & the front 3 in the same side really worked. I also think his departure allowed us to transition play from defence to attack at a level we’d not seen beforehand.

Coutinho never downed tools & was having his best season with us prior to going to Barca. I think him & us have both moved on. Other than him playing for us before, would have people want us to sign him?

Sums it up for me.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7753 on: June 1, 2021, 03:45:48 pm »

Same! I was just thinking yesterday, that this is going to come up with every single transfer window until Coutinho retires (and possibly beyond since the press seem to love it so much).

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7754 on: June 1, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »
i dont mind seeing him back as squad player to be honest.

knows klopp methods well enough and we all know the quality he brings if his back doesn't act up. be decent against team that sit back since they already know the quality that we bring

that is only if somehow edwards work more magic in getting barca to pay us another 20-30 million in loan fees. he already rinsed them once, rinsing them twice would make him an even bigger legend.

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7755 on: June 1, 2021, 04:42:16 pm »
Hope we steer well clear. He's clearly a declining player, plus you never know when that back pain is going to surface again.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #7756 on: June 2, 2021, 12:13:45 am »
I feel like we go through this every window since he left. I personally wouldn't have him back its pretty clear his best days are behind him and I doubt he would want to come back and take a lesser role plus Klopp doesn't strike me as the type to go backwards either.

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7757 on: June 2, 2021, 04:22:36 am »
The return of the Fab 4. I'd love it, for sentimental reasons.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7758 on: June 2, 2021, 09:20:12 am »
If we sign him do we have to employ his brother as well?

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7759 on: June 2, 2021, 11:16:53 am »
One of the most overrated former players we have had and I was a fan of his but the fact of the matter is he hasnt had a top season since 2018 and has become injury prone as well.