Author Topic: Lego  (Read 52064 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Lego
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2020, 05:16:36 pm »
Lots of small pieces for the seating.

Although not as bad as tower bridge. About a thousand of the fucking pieces were the tiny triangles!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2020, 11:11:14 am »
When I was younger I stole money from my mums wallet... to buy Lego trains!! Went through some serious gymnastics explaining how I came to "find" the money  :-X

Was well ashamed once I was found out, but quite funny looking back at it. This was the time when you didn't have to sell a kidney to afford a handful.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2020, 10:18:36 pm »
In case anyone is interested...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KyCr3qKTqsQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KyCr3qKTqsQ</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2020, 10:41:18 pm »
Forgot to mention this, I got that massive Lego Millennium Falcon.  Took a couple of weeks off and on to get it finished, was super intimidating.

Deciding whether to keep it or sell it.  Don't think I'll be building it again anytime soon.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2020, 10:35:52 am »
Doesn't look that big at all really when you think 4k pieces - 18.5cm high, 47cm long and 39cm wide

Perfect size to fit onto the toilet bowl?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2021, 09:23:18 pm »
Building the Lego diner I got for Christmas at the moment. Built the Millennium Falcon my lad got and got the disney castle to build too. Lego is boss

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2021, 10:02:24 pm »
My kids started rooting through the boxes last night

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2021, 10:04:43 pm »
Lego Freds.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2021, 10:13:33 pm »
My kids started rooting through the boxes last night

To me, that's Lego.

A jumble of hopelessly mixed-together blocks from which you 'build' something random, not according to manufacturer plan.

When I was a child, I played with my toys uphill, in the snow...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2021, 12:36:12 pm »
Kids been getting right back into the Star Wars sets and want this Tantive IV, but its getting retired and is now out of stock.

Managed to grab one and its going to be put away as a Christmas present when it arrives, although they might get it earlier, as their Grandma has gone into hospital with Covid, will survive that, but they then found that she has got cancer, so will likely die soon and the wife was talking about getting them a set out of the inheritance as a gift from Grandma.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:38:02 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2021, 03:15:15 pm »
Kids been getting right back into the Star Wars sets and want this Tantive IV, but its getting retired and is now out of stock.

Managed to grab one and its going to be put away as a Christmas present when it arrives, although they might get it earlier, as their Grandma has gone into hospital with Covid, will survive that, but they then found that she has got cancer, so will likely die soon and the wife was talking about getting them a set out of the inheritance as a gift from Grandma.

Sorry to hear about your MIL, Rob.

The kids will enjoy the Yantiv, it's an enjoyable build.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2021, 03:19:46 pm »
Sorry to hear about your MIL, Rob.

The kids will enjoy the Yantiv, it's an enjoyable build.

Cheers mate. Its actually a blessing, she's given up on life months ago, hopefully she goes quickly like my Ma did. Just don't want her to die in April as my Ma, the father in law and the wifes step dad all died in April, don't want the kids worrying every bloody April over my Dad and Stepdad.

If the 10 yr old doesn't buck his ideas up and do some school work, I'll be keeping it and then sell it for profit on Ebay ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2021, 08:32:13 pm »

Sorry to hear Rob. Keeping her and you in my thoughts.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2021, 09:26:52 pm »
Would love the Nintendo NES thing but the price is fucking mental, only a couple hundred quid cheaper than an actual PS5 😂

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2021, 09:54:17 pm »
Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

My Mrs. and the kids bought me that set to give me something to do following a major op just as lockdown started.

Loved every second of it  Its a work of art and still sits proudly on permanent display in our dining room.

If I ever get another tumour, I'll go for the full sympathy vote by asking for the Millennium falcon   ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2021, 10:06:11 pm »
The Tantive IV arrived today, kids know nothing about it. Told the missus it's for Christmas, she laughed and said no way will I kept it hidden away from them that long. She reckons I'll shout at them this week feel guilty and give them it.

I'll admit I'm dying to give it to them

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #256 on: March 4, 2021, 02:22:27 am »

"After months of work, I've meticulously recreated the Top Gun: Maverick Trailer IN LEGO, frame by frame, for you to enjoy! 

https://www.twitter.com/Onbeatman/status/1365353436384956418

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2021, 10:44:44 pm »
There's a new Space Shuttle Hubble set out. Looks big and expensive.

Edit: looks like it's 2354 pieces and £170
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:50:07 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2021, 07:21:37 pm »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2021, 07:48:51 pm »
The Tantive IV arrived today, kids know nothing about it. Told the missus it's for Christmas, she laughed and said no way will I kept it hidden away from them that long. She reckons I'll shout at them this week feel guilty and give them it.

I'll admit I'm dying to give it to them

I forgot about this post - I held out for 2 days until the Sunday before I gave it to them.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2021, 08:34:10 pm »
There's a new Lego Titanic out. Apparently, it's their largest set yet - over 9,000 pieces. :o

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2021, 08:39:50 pm »
There's a new Lego Titanic out. Apparently, it's their largest set yet - over 9,000 pieces. :o

That's one you expect the kids to smash up .

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2021, 08:42:32 pm »
That's one you expect the kids to smash up .

The iceberg on the cake.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2021, 08:44:21 pm »
The iceberg on the cake.

;D

£569, serious collectors only at that price, looks brilliant though

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2021, 09:06:26 pm »
;D

£569, serious collectors only at that price, looks brilliant though

I actually expected it to be more for that number of pieces, so I think it's pretty good value, all things considered.

I really want the Space Shuttle, but I just can't justify the £170 outlay.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:18 pm »
I actually expected it to be more for that number of pieces, so I think it's pretty good value, all things considered.

I really want the Space Shuttle, but I just can't justify the £170 outlay.

I paid £224 for the Tantive IV, so you sort of can justify it if you try hard enough. I need to get a saturn v before they retire them

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2021, 08:22:54 am »
I paid £224 for the Tantive IV, so you sort of can justify it if you try hard enough. I need to get a saturn v before they retire them

Definitely get the Saturn V. I went out and got it almost as soon as I heard about it, no hesitation. Best £109 I ever spent :D

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2021, 09:12:53 am »
Definitely get the Saturn V. I went out and got it almost as soon as I heard about it, no hesitation. Best £109 I ever spent :D

My lad got one, it was sat in the window on display so has gone all yellow. Its one of those sets that I'd buy and stick away for when I'm retired and bored.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2021, 01:13:36 pm »
My lad got one, it was sat in the window on display so has gone all yellow. Its one of those sets that I'd buy and stick away for when I'm retired and bored.

If that's what you're after, maybe you should get the Titanic set after all. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2021, 01:15:14 pm »
That Titanic set is glorious ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2021, 01:56:46 pm »
If that's what you're after, maybe you should get the Titanic set after all. ;D

I couldn't justify the cost !!!  For that money, I'm either going to fly in a Huey or buy a Harris Hawk.

That Titanic set is glorious ;D

It is brilliant

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2021, 02:01:37 pm »
After doing the massive Millennium Falcon, I don't think I'll be getting another jumbo set for a long time.  They really do wear you out.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:30 pm »
Got the mini Disney castle delivered today. Looking forward to building it

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2021, 02:15:25 pm »
After doing the massive Millennium Falcon, I don't think I'll be getting another jumbo set for a long time.  They really do wear you out.

About 6 years ago I spent ages building a Technic crane for the eldest and the youngest smashed it up in temper about 3 weeks later :no

One day I'll rebuild it, but as fully remote control

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2021, 07:54:27 pm »
I should have bought the ice crawler when it was £75 a few years back. It's double that now.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2022, 08:23:54 pm »
I see they’ve released the bernabeu following on from camp nou and snake mountain.

Hopefully after Annie rd is done we get Anfield. I may have to get the light kit for that one.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2022, 11:49:32 pm »
I see they’ve released the bernabeu following on from camp nou and snake mountain.

Hopefully after Annie rd is done we get Anfield. I may have to get the light kit for that one.

The could release a sand bag for BMD...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2022, 02:19:57 am »
They released BMD years ago. LEGO don’t miss a trick.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2022, 02:46:12 pm »
So there's a Lego Atari 2600 out now. It's over £200, which is a bit expensive for what you get, but I guess there's a lot of nostalgia value. Doesn't look like you can play any actual games with it though.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2022, 04:07:53 pm »
So there's a Lego Atari 2600 out now. It's over £200, which is a bit expensive for what you get, but I guess there's a lot of nostalgia value. Doesn't look like you can play any actual games with it though.  ;D

Surely you can play Tetris...