Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877563 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »
What if they had kept Bojan? The lad can score goals.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2012, 04:20:28 pm »
Quite right.

When people say 'Plan B' they mean 'Lump the ball into the box'.

Alves was doing that at every opportunity ;)
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »
Zlatan would have made the difference last night.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »

What if they get RVP?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2012, 04:21:35 pm »
Alves was doing that at every opportunity ;)

Hes a Man Utd player playing with Barcelona players that fella. Doesnt fit

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »
Sacchi coached Milan 4 years the first time. As long as Guardiola has coached Barcelona at the end of this season. Both have won 2 European Cups, but Guardiola has 3 league titles to Sacchi's one. What makes you think Milan were the better side?

Liverpool couldn't compete in Europe obviously, but it's not like we won the league every year either.

Dont get me wrong. Barca may turn out to be the best club team ever but for me they still have to prove they have earned that accolade. Theres too many fans who have given that to them already - and yes its predominantly the Sky generation.

You can't directly compare which teams are better just by saying one team has won two cups and the other three - it is at the end of the day a knockout competition. Also, the current competition is easier to win, in my opinion, than the older one in which you first had to qualify by winning the domestic league then maintain your form over the next year for the European stages. Barcelona winning a domestic competition in Spain is like Porto winning in Portugal or Rangers in Scotland - I think its harder to compare that with winning the Italian league.

The truth of it is though that unless there is a direct European Super League you couldnt compare the teams properly anyway - and that would obviously be impossible over different timespans. So all you are left with, really, is your opinion.

In my opinion, as I said, Barca play pretty football but they lack power. That's why they got outmuscled by a ten-man aged Chelsea. In my view, those sides i mentioned had both prettiness and power which is why they could produce beautiful football.

Now maybe Barca have a system with their academy etc. whereby they can produce more consistent results over the next ten years which will allow them to win more trophies however, in my view, Sacchi's Milan would come out on top against this Barca side even though Sacchi didnt manage to build the dynasty that Barca have under different managers.

But for a team campaigning over a season, Barca haven't proved to me that they can be regarded as the best ever (yet).

Just my opinion.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »
the thing is, the lad actually can't
seen him miss so many chances this season at Roma, think it was great business what Barca have done to sell him
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:04 pm »

And what if Villa hadnt broke his leg?

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:53 pm »
Hes a Man Utd player playing with Barcelona players that fella. Doesnt fit

I think he is an excellent player, but he was really annoying last night - he kept lumping the ball into the box over and over and over when it clearly was not working and repeatedly lost them possession.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2012, 04:25:10 pm »
i imagine after last night the barca fans are saying the same thing about chelsea.

And after recent encounters with Real Madrid, about them too.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »
I think he is an excellent player, but he was really annoying last night - he kept lumping the ball into the box over and over and over when it clearly was not working and repeatedly lost them possession.
Yeah, he lost them possession but 5 seconds later they had it back again, another 5 seconds later Alves had the ball in the same position, he had no options either lump it in or pass it back where it came from, wait another minute and the ball would be back to him in exactly the same position.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:45 pm »
Yeah, he lost them possession but 5 seconds later they had it back again, another 5 seconds later Alves had the ball in the same position, he had no options either lump it in or pass it back where it came from, wait another minute and the ball would be back to him in exactly the same position.

Should have passed it back to the middle and had someone just pump it at the goal :P. It is a bit irrelevant that they won it back again 5 seconds later, he still lost them possession, repeatedly. I realise he was trying "Plan B", but it simply was not working and was wasting precious time at 80 minutes.

EDIT: I am actually quite surprised that Barca didn't try to draw more fouls from the Chelsea players.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:30:30 pm by SRAWL »

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »
LOL at the knee-jerkers. This is the best team of the past 15-20 years (if not longer) dominating both in Spain and Europe, as well as the spine of the reigning European and World Cup champions.

They don't need to do *anything* differently. If they sack Pep they it would be the worst firing in the history of football.

And this is coming from someone who really really dislikes Barca.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 25, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »
repeatedly lost them possession.

Does it loads. Winds me up. Good player for sure, but just doesnt quite go

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »
target man wasnt the problem

Messi missing a penalty and people like Busquets rushing shots when presented with good opportunities was the problem

similar to Real at the weekend when Xavi and Sanchez missed goood chances and again at stamford bridge last week

3 games where they were not clinical.

They have been good since the levante game. They were saved by the ref in that game with a dubious pen.

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »
LOL at the knee-jerkers. This is the best team of the past 15-20 years (if not longer) dominating both in Spain and Europe, as well as the spine of the reigning European and World Cup champions.

They don't need to do *anything* differently. If they sack Pep they it would be the worst firing in the history of football.

Is right. Victim of their own succes. If they don't win everything all the time, it means they are on the slide. High standards to live up to.
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2012, 10:34:11 pm »

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2012, 02:03:49 am »
Hmm looks Pep might be leaving.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:45 am »
He's been offered the England job as well apparently,dunno if he's that desperate.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:53 am »
Think he will want to go out on a high myself.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:13 am »
I think he will stay at least another season.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2012, 03:54:09 am »
Nothing but class from Guardiola in the wake of this defeat. Ferguson could learn a thing or two from him.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:52 am »
barcastuff ‏ @barcastuff  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
English federation want Guardiola to become ENG coach or advisor of the federation. Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool also interested [md]

utd? ::)

Offline rjackman

• Main Stander
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »
I don't understand why he would even think about leaving?

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »

Won everything with them, and looking for a new challenge perhaps?

Doubt he will leave though.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2012, 12:45:34 pm »
Who takes over at Barca if Pep goes? AVB? Luis Enrique?

I can't really imagine why he'd want to ever leave, but maybe he feels he's achieved all he can with them?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:00 pm »
still the best team ive ever seen. 1 week and alot of hard luck dont change that.

If Pep leaves.....he should leave football for a while.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2012, 12:54:28 pm »
He never intended to stay at Barca forever. He might feel now he's achieved everything with the club and Barca might need some one new and fresh to go to another stage.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »
Barca,in the end of the season, missed having a "pure striker" like Villa badly....Pep might be regretting selling Bojan..they need that striker than can head the ball in.
i also don't know a single reason for barca not using the shooting powers of the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to shoot from outside the box..they dominate but don't shoot..! which is weird..

now, is there something between Pep and Pedro !! why doesn't he play him anymore ? with all due respect to Cuenca and Tello, but they are youngsters, games like Real Madrid and Chelsea don't need them !
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:44 pm »
barcastuff ‏ @barcastuff Close
Guardiola met yesterday for 3 hours with president at his home. He's more likely not to renew, announcement of final decision tomorrow [ona]
Entourage of Guardiola as well as the club don't make any comment on decision to renew or not. Players will be first informed tomorrow.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »
He never intended to stay at Barca forever. He might feel now he's achieved everything with the club and Barca might need some one new and fresh to go to another stage.

well..Pep in particular has been talking about how good Bielsa would do at Barca if he took charge of them ! there might be changes at Barca by the end of the season !
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2012, 01:01:42 pm »

If Pep leaves.....he should leave football for a while.

I'd agree with that, maybe for about the same length Kenny stays as manager

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2012, 01:11:08 pm »
Barca,in the end of the season, missed having a "pure striker" like Villa badly....Pep might be regretting selling Bojan..they need that striker than can head the ball in.
i also don't know a single reason for barca not using the shooting powers of the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to shoot from outside the box..they dominate but don't shoot..! which is weird..

now, is there something between Pep and Pedro !! why doesn't he play him anymore ? with all due respect to Cuenca and Tello, but they are youngsters, games like Real Madrid and Chelsea don't need them !

Pedro has suffered two injuries this season and has struggled to recover full fitness as a result. Having lost David Villa and with Alexis Sanchez injury problems, Guardiola was forced into using Tello and Cuenca.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2012, 01:16:02 pm »
Pedro has suffered two injuries this season and has struggled to recover full fitness as a result. Having lost David Villa and with Alexis Sanchez injury problems, Guardiola was forced into using Tello and Cuenca.

thanks for clearing this out for me, BUT he was on the bench in the game against Chelsea, so, i think Pep should've used him in the last 15 mins instead of playing Tello or Keita .. but then, that's just me

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »
thanks for clearing this out for me, BUT he was on the bench in the game against Chelsea, so, i think Pep should've used him in the last 15 mins instead of playing Tello or Keita .. but then, that's just me

Agree, he could have had an impact. I think Pep was over-confident that they would score another goal at some point, even in the last few minutes.

Looking at some of the reactions to the game, its amazing that they have reached such a level that a couple of defeats becomes a "crisis", they are "in decline", have "no plan B" etc.

Think this team just needs a serious rest, the US tour last summer was a mistake.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

He's been pretty insistent its not a long term job, seems to absolutely despise the goldfish bowl environment and all the pressure that comes with it. Cant blame him really!

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2012, 01:32:28 pm »
Agree, he could have had an impact. I think Pep was over-confident that they would score another goal at some point, even in the last few minutes.

Looking at some of the reactions to the game, its amazing that they have reached such a level that a couple of defeats becomes a "crisis", they are "in decline", have "no plan B" etc.

Think this team just needs a serious rest, the US tour last summer was a mistake.

Agree..they need to buy in the summer..a striker is needed beside Villa..a striker who can finish the crosses with headers..Alexis is not a pure striker..they also need full backs instead of counting on Masch or Busquets when Pique or Puyol are out ! and i think they might need a goalie instead of Pinto, atleast to give Valdes some competition and make him fear for his place in the team !

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »

Bojan is not a player to head the ball in, he would be smallest player in the barca team, the guy hasnt scored for fun at Roma, hes not even hit double figures there

Villa is a big loss, I know people say he's off form etc or whatever, but the guy is world class and has been for a long time now, Golden boot at Euros, joint top scorer at world cup, spanish record goalscorer, he is a goal machine.

Barca bought a player who has aerial strength in Ibrahimovic, it didnt work out.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2012, 01:45:09 pm »
barcastuff ‏ @barcastuff Close
Guardiola met yesterday for 3 hours with president at his home. He's more likely not to renew, announcement of final decision tomorrow [ona]
Entourage of Guardiola as well as the club don't make any comment on decision to renew or not. Players will be first informed tomorrow.
That'll be huge but I think he had this in his mind no matter what this season.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
Some journalists in Spain saying that Guardiola won't renew contract.