Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047099 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #8680 on: October 7, 2021, 09:16:44 am »
I wonder if any of them will have the morals to speak out about the Saudis if their takeover goes through. None of the Sky Sports lads will anyway, they'll all be saying about how good it is for football, how it will add a new competitive edge, how it will bring more world class players to the league.
Like him or not, and for years I have disliked him for one particular reason, but Colin Murray went up in my estimation when he quit TalkSport when they were taken over by the owners of the scum.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8681 on: October 7, 2021, 09:18:19 am »
I wonder if any of them will have the morals to speak out about the Saudis if their takeover goes through. None of the Sky Sports lads will anyway, they'll all be saying about how good it is for football, how it will add a new competitive edge, how it will bring more world class players to the league.
Like him or not, and for years I have disliked him for one particular reason, but Colin Murray went up in my estimation when he quit TalkSport when they were taken over by the owners of the scum.

Probably not on the telly, the only people I heard talk about the Ronaldo incident when he signed was the Guardian (in print and on football weekly) - I imagine they will discuss the takeover in detail, not sure many more will

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8682 on: October 7, 2021, 11:24:50 am »
Chris Sutton constantly giving Savage digs on BT means he's gone up in my estimation!

They do it for show though. They have that radio show where they pretend to constantly disagree with each other too. During BT score if one of them says something is a penalty, the other will 100% disagree. They are both bellends.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8683 on: October 7, 2021, 11:26:04 am »
That's a great panel. Don't know much about Horncastle but the others are great, must watch that thank you

It's a must watch for non-lfc Champions League days. Just shows you all the goals and highlights as they happen.

There is a similar show for the 2:30 saturday kickoffs in Germany, England needs to get up to speed.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8684 on: October 10, 2021, 09:48:35 pm »
One of the few, or only, good things about international breaks is not having t listen to Tyler commentating and talking utter bullox. Then he rocks up on the Nations League commentary. Wonderful

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8685 on: October 15, 2021, 01:54:23 pm »
Who's that bellend Custis. Is he the one that went to work directly for Utd from the scum ? Heard him on the radio about Utd, their injuries and how anyone would suffer. Seems very vocal about it all of a sudden. Also reckons that the Utd back 4 is the best in the country and wouldn't swap it for any other back 4.
Definitely not biased thinking that Meathead, an unproven in the league Varane, Slim Jim and Cafu are better than our back 4, who many believe are among the best in the world in their position. Strange fella

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #8686 on: October 15, 2021, 02:02:21 pm »
Who's that bellend Custis. Is he the one that went to work directly for Utd from the scum ? Heard him on the radio about Utd, their injuries and how anyone would suffer. Seems very vocal about it all of a sudden. Also reckons that the Utd back 4 is the best in the country and wouldn't swap it for any other back 4.
Definitely not biased thinking that Meathead, an unproven in the league Varane, Slim Jim and Cafu are better than our back 4, who many believe are among the best in the world in their position. Strange fella

Nah you're thinking of Neil Ashton.  Custis still works for them.  Proper shit for brains biased c*nt that he is
Believer

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8687 on: October 15, 2021, 02:06:09 pm »
Nah you're thinking of Neil Ashton.  Custis still works for them.  Proper shit for brains biased c*nt that he is

Ah right yeah that's him. Came across a right smug git too.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8688 on: October 16, 2021, 01:32:29 pm »
Quite like Joe Cole as a pundit, he's a harmless little bobblehead and is really enthusiastic about great football, no matter who produces it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8689 on: October 16, 2021, 06:43:55 pm »
Think Fletcher and Jenas did well today commentating our game. I’m a wool, so this was my first experience with Jenas as commentator. He gets a lot of hate on here but he was complimentary towards us today at least.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #8690 on: October 18, 2021, 02:54:57 pm »
Think Fletcher and Jenas did well today commentating our game. I’m a wool, so this was my first experience with Jenas as commentator. He gets a lot of hate on here but he was complimentary towards us today at least.

I thought he was terribly annoying.  All he did all game was keep banging on about how poor Watford were.  Sometimes I just wish a pundit would say that it's us that didn't allow them to play and that we made them bad.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8691 on: October 18, 2021, 03:52:46 pm »

I thought he was terribly annoying.  All he did all game was keep banging on about how poor Watford were.  Sometimes I just wish a pundit would say that it's us that didn't allow them to play and that we made them bad.

Heard Peter Drury say exactly that on a stream I was listening to, he was pretty good. Last 5 or 10 mins, he said there will be Watford fans watching asking why they didn't start the game the way they are playing now, and the answer to them is very simple, because Liverpool didn't start the game like this. He was loving our performance.
I went back to BT then after the game to try to catch Klopp's interview, just in time for a replay of Salah's goal. Macca "Watch this, I'm not even going to talk, just watch the replay" then proceeded to talk the whole way through it of course

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8692 on: October 18, 2021, 03:58:02 pm »
I went back to BT then after the game to try to catch Klopp's interview, just in time for a replay of Salah's goal. Macca "Watch this, I'm not even going to talk, just watch the replay" then proceeded to talk the whole way through it of course

Yeah that made me laugh as well! He paused briefly and then it was like someone had a word in his ear that the dead air was shit so he started talking us through it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8693 on: October 18, 2021, 04:34:28 pm »
Yeah that made me laugh as well! He paused briefly and then it was like someone had a word in his ear that the dead air was shit so he started talking us through it.

Yeah, it was actually more funny than anything you're right, the awkward silence part. I was enjoying the 2 second silent replay too.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8694 on: October 19, 2021, 09:01:44 pm »
Who's the wally on co comms on RTE is that Brian Kerr ?  On about our first goal, saying how it amazes him how no one seems to watch videos of us play and just show Salah down the right side and he can't score. Amazing no one has ever thought to try that before

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8695 on: October 19, 2021, 10:07:48 pm »
Who's the wally on co comms on RTE is that Brian Kerr ?  On about our first goal, saying how it amazes him how no one seems to watch videos of us play and just show Salah down the right side and he can't score. Amazing no one has ever thought to try that before

Ronnie Whelan, talks an infinite amount of shite.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8696 on: October 19, 2021, 10:11:37 pm »

Ronnie Whelan, talks an infinite amount of shite.

Whelan eh. Miserable sod he was tonight. What is it with some of our ex lads. Hamman's on now, he's worse. Atletico far better than us, best performance he's ever seen from Atletico, Liverpool got very fortunate with decisions. Jota gave away a certain penalty. Liverpool are ordinary.
At least Richie Lyon's is more balanced. He's actually alright.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #8697 on: October 19, 2021, 10:14:48 pm »
Feel sorry for Crouch, having to work with this gang of insufferable dickheads.

Bit harsh on Lescott, maybe. Rest can all fuck off.
AHA!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8698 on: October 19, 2021, 10:20:46 pm »
As i've said in the match thread, what is the point of having Peter Walton on, he agrees with everything the ref on the pitch gives. :no
#Sausages

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8699 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:48 pm »
As i've said in the match thread, what is the point of having Peter Walton on, he agrees with everything the ref on the pitch gives. :no

Every single person you ever speak to about Walton says exactly the same thing, it's painfully obvious how pointless he is. Weird that they still use him

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8700 on: October 20, 2021, 07:26:22 am »
State of Nicol here. Absolute embarrassing.

https://youtu.be/kSj5CzoWreU

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #8701 on: October 20, 2021, 08:03:34 am »

Nicol always comes across a bitter deluded twat and that video confirms it. You'd think we lost 7-0 to a team of Fred's. no context or nuance at all to his rant. ESPN has some awful 'pundits'.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #8702 on: October 20, 2021, 08:41:02 am »
I personally think McManaman strays into whopper territory too often, which is a shame, as he was my first Liverpool hero.

Last night he came out with some classics ‘we don’t associate Naby Keita with goals’ - well I associate him with a near carbon copy of a goal he scored a couple of weeks ago.

Even better, his disbelief at Griezmann’s sending off. How anyone could argue against that is unbelievable, straight legged, studs up, into the side of the head when the ball wasn’t bouncing low towards the ground. As clear a red as you’ll see. Lawrenson came out with similar comments ‘he was looking at the ball.’ Im fucking sick of these obtuse abstractions of the rules being peddled here there and everywhere - if you endanger an opponent with reckless behaviour, intentionally or not, you should walk.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8703 on: October 20, 2021, 09:01:11 am »

I can't take him serious anymore. Ever since his insistence, despite multiple opportunities to change his mind, that he'd give up a League Title or European Cup win to go unbeaten in a season but win nothing. 

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8704 on: October 20, 2021, 09:50:17 am »

Nicol, Whelen, Murphy, Hamann. We really do have our share of ex players happy to shit on the club that made them.

In the past they could say the teams they were commenting on weren't as good as the ones they played in, but that issue has gone away.

Some of them are dense. Nicol is an obvious one. Some are bitter, Murphy and Hamann, some are both.

Even better, his disbelief at Griezmann’s sending off. How anyone could argue against that is unbelievable, straight legged, studs up, into the side of the head when the ball wasn’t bouncing low towards the ground. As clear a red as you’ll see. Lawrenson came out with similar comments ‘he was looking at the ball.’ Im fucking sick of these obtuse abstractions of the rules being peddled here there and everywhere - if you endanger an opponent with reckless behaviour, intentionally or not, you should walk.

I know most of them are dense and unable to contextualise things, but when they are unable to grasp basic laws of the game that made them rich, and then insist on sharing that ignorance, then it's too much. How many of them were saying Mane should have been sent off v City.
Klopp as usual nailed it, yes he didn't mean it, but he has to go - he even referenced the mane incident, which ex players seem incapable of doing. Then again, they contradict themselves on a weekly basis, so no real surprise.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:55:54 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8705 on: October 20, 2021, 11:16:40 am »
Nicol, Whelen, Murphy, Hamann. We really do have our share of ex players happy to shit on the club that made them.

I'm all for criticism from anyone, ex players or not. Those 3 though sounds as if its a real pain having to sit and watch games, they dont look or sound the least bit happy to be in the position they're in
Although Hamman was a miserable sod last night I will say one good thing about him, he said he wasn't impressed with some of his ex team mates being so happy with the Newcastle takeover when they are now owned by a regime that they shouldn't be proud of. Fair play to him for that

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8706 on: October 20, 2021, 11:33:09 am »
I'm all for criticism from anyone, ex players or not. Those 3 though sounds as if its a real pain having to sit and watch games, they dont look or sound the least bit happy to be in the position they're in
Although Hamman was a miserable sod last night I will say one good thing about him, he said he wasn't impressed with some of his ex team mates being so happy with the Newcastle takeover when they are now owned by a regime that they shouldn't be proud of. Fair play to him for that
That's all very fair and I agree that it's good Hamann has spoken out.
I don't mind criticism, if it's justified and in context, but the problem with many of our ex-players is that they are either not bright enough to contextualise their comments, or even worse too lazy, so they just react to the last thing they've seen.

Even worse are the ones that think there's no £ in being a red cheerleader, so they go for the controversy.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8707 on: October 20, 2021, 11:41:47 am »

Never been a fan of Matip and TAA cant defend.

That is enough for me today bye Stevie

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8708 on: October 20, 2021, 11:43:49 am »

It was "as bad as we've defended for years" apparently, when we literally shipped 7 at Villa last season.

Also, the fact he described United as a "vibrant attacking team" proves he's clueless.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8709 on: October 20, 2021, 08:02:54 pm »

The mans joke. Great player. Awful pundit
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8710 on: October 20, 2021, 09:22:57 pm »
Robbie Savage ready to celebrate possible United second goal. Sod.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8711 on: October 20, 2021, 09:53:12 pm »
Robbie Savage ready to celebrate possible United second goal. Sod.

I thought Martin Tyker was bad, Savage is fucking ridiculous. No doubt he's sitting in a full United kit and a Ronaldo face mask
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8712 on: October 20, 2021, 10:20:58 pm »
I thought Martin Tyker was bad, Savage is fucking ridiculous. No doubt he's sitting in a full United kit and a Ronaldo face mask
Embarrassing. I thought he needed to clean himself up after Maguire's "brilliant" strike.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8713 on: October 20, 2021, 10:41:14 pm »
It was "as bad as we've defended for years" apparently, when we literally shipped 7 at Villa last season.

Also, the fact he described United as a "vibrant attacking team" proves he's clueless.
Id love to choke him with his scarf

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8714 on: October 20, 2021, 11:59:28 pm »
Man U are vibrant in the sense that they're always wobbling

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8715 on: October 21, 2021, 12:18:16 am »
Fair play to Scholes for speaking the truth about United after the game.

Ferdinand on the other hand is clueless. Nothing more than a United cheerleader.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8716 on: October 21, 2021, 12:49:07 am »
Fair play to Scholes for speaking the truth about United after the game.

Ferdinand on the other hand is clueless. Nothing more than a United cheerleader.

Yeah, it surprised me from Scholes that, especially as ex-team mates of Solskjaer have been reluctant to criticise. Relatively speaking, Scholes went to town on his old team mate.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8717 on: October 21, 2021, 12:04:19 pm »
Agbonlahor makes my ears bleed and is probably the thickest ex player in punditry I've ever heard. And believe me it's a pretty low bar.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8718 on: October 21, 2021, 12:24:45 pm »
Damien Delaney (ex Palace and ROI) is on Virgin in Ireland and he is excellent.

Doing last night's the Mancs game, he explained why Rashford was at fault for the first goal (let two Atalanta players run past him without tracking, they then combined for the assist). He also explained why Shaw ended up marking the very tall goalscorer for the second goal. Basically, they use a mix of zonal and man marking for corners. Their "best" headers play zonal on the 6 yard line while their worst headers man mark around the penalty spot. They're not really there to man mark, more to block and hassle. Shaw didn't do his job, meaning he ended up having to track and actually mark the attacker near the six yard line and Maguire spotted it too late.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8719 on: October 21, 2021, 02:10:04 pm »
Dunno if it's been mentioned here but Neil Mellor does good analysis on the club channel, and also done some decent co-commentary.

What did Scholes have to say about Oleh? Apologies if it's all on this page and I'm too far gone mentally to notice.