Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 331335 times)

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2009, 07:29:22 am »
;D

(oops, that smiley has too many intact teeth to be a Magpies fan)

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2009, 07:31:59 am »
;D

(oops, that smiley has too many intact teeth to be a Magpies fan)

:D

Thats better
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" - Oscar Gamble

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2009, 11:28:42 am »
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:56 am »
Alright fellas, lets just keep the Collingwood bashing to the AFL thread.

You know what, fuck it. Any excuse to have a go at those pricks  ;)
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2009, 11:43:34 am »
Very proud day for me today....for I collected my first ever Aussie Passport!

Cant wait to get grilled at immigration in Manchester Airport in a couple of weeks  :D
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Fulla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2009, 05:11:39 pm »
congratulations mate! If it's anything like my Heathrow experience, you;ll just walk through into the carpark without seeing another person, let alone any security guards.
"You don't play chess with Kasparov" - Juande Ramos, 25 Feb 2009

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2009, 02:52:41 am »
Very proud day for me today....for I collected my first ever Aussie Passport!

Cant wait to get grilled at immigration in Manchester Airport in a couple of weeks  :D

Use your British Passport going into Heathrow and your Aussie one coming back into Aus.
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2009, 09:09:34 am »
Use your British Passport going into Heathrow and your Aussie one coming back into Aus.

Would do but my British had expired...hence finally getting off me arse and getting my Aussie one :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2009, 11:47:08 am »
 Me and me bird got back from flyin around the world mid Feb, stayed in Oz for just over 5 weeks.  ;D

Flew into Oz early Nov 08 Melbourn for 4 nights (talk about 4 seasons in 1 day...), flew to Brisbane then, and had a six berth camper and drove upto Cairns, we had 21 days to do this, which was plenty of time! manged to get as far as Cape Tribulation where the road ends for Camper vans. Then onto Sydney for the New year Celerbrations (a must do, at least once in ya life). Then got a flight back to Brisbane for a couple of days to meet up with friends (Thanks Terry :wave) Then onto New zealand etc, But as this is a thread about oz I will leave it at that.

We decided that as it was our first time In Oz we would not have an Itenery and play it by ear as we say...This worked out really well for us, as it allowed us to stay longer in a place we liked and not having to rush onto to another place which we had only read about on the Internet for example and finding out that it was not as we had hoped(hope I am making sence?). We loved the place and are already planning on going back very soon, trying to plan it around the pre season friendlys we have in Tailand and Singapore in July. This is a good time of year for me as I want to see what Oz is like in the winter months as well as a very hot Summer, becauser we have already decided to start looking into the prossess of emergrating in the next few years(hopefully).

Anyway, the reason I thought I would post this is because if I can help any one on places to visit or give a miss to, on my experiences then I will try...To sum up, we had a Fantastic experince in Oz and hope fellow Reds that visit or live there enjoy it as much as we did.

And Just for Terry (BSBW), who I think is walk about the moment in the bush on exercise HAPPY St GEORGES DAY.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2009, 09:28:47 pm »
hate the weather when its hot though.
Oh. The irony ...... with a name like Pyro!   :D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2009, 10:02:15 pm »
OOOOOHH!

Just thought I'd dip my toe in the Aussie thread.

I'm just in the planning process of going to visit a couple of friends  from mid July to early August.
It'll be my first time.

I know a couple of people in Wentworth falls(just west of Sydney - for the English looking in), and in Melbourne.

I've been following this thread on and off for a while now. Especially the Helly F.A.Q. section (hi Helly  :wave ).

I appreciate that August in Oz ain't January in Oz, but no bother. I hate souring temperatures anyway.

I've been meaning to see Oz for a number of years now, and just decided to do the , aaaah! f*ck it. I'm going thing.

Currently on the itinerary is Wentworth Falls. Melbourne, Sydney(several sites), Ayers rock, and Cairns(to dive the great barrier reef).

Ayers Rock/Alice Springs is a must fly, due to the overland distance, but for all of the others, I'm thinking of hiring a car/camper to drive the coast road from Melbourne to Cairns(and maybe further).

Question?
Although August is your winter, will that affect diving the Great barrier reef  any more than usual(weather wise).

Whilst there are many fantastic looking bays/coves/towns/villages etc. along the East coast, are there any 'MUST SEE'S' ?

Just to change topic slightly.

Whilst in Oz, I'm also thinking of turning it into a bit of a fact finding mission.

I've been thinking of going abroad and working/living somewhere else for  a while.
In the past I've had a look a Canada, New Zealand and a few other English speaking places around the world( being that I'm an ignorant Englishman, who speaks no other language).

I'm 39, single with no dependants or baggage, no mortgage or debts.

I think I have until I'm 45 to get into Oz, and with my current skills(plumbing/heating and ventilation/gas engineer/ heating installer and engineer -------- currently looking  at doing courses in solar energy/heat sinks/air con and refridgeration), I tick  many if not all of the boxes regarding required proffessions.

So this holiday is also a chance to see if I like the country enough to want to live there(although 3-4 weeks is a pitiful small amount of time to make that decision..... who knows)

So then. What are the must see's of the East coast/south east.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2009, 12:52:52 am »
OOOOOHH!

Just thought I'd dip my toe in the Aussie thread.

I'm just in the planning process of going to visit a couple of friends  from mid July to early August.
It'll be my first time.

I know a couple of people in Wentworth falls(just west of Sydney - for the English looking in), and in Melbourne.

I've been following this thread on and off for a while now. Especially the Helly F.A.Q. section (hi Helly  :wave ).

I appreciate that August in Oz ain't January in Oz, but no bother. I hate souring temperatures anyway.

I've been meaning to see Oz for a number of years now, and just decided to do the , aaaah! f*ck it. I'm going thing.

Currently on the itinerary is Wentworth Falls. Melbourne, Sydney(several sites), Ayers rock, and Cairns(to dive the great barrier reef).

Ayers Rock/Alice Springs is a must fly, due to the overland distance, but for all of the others, I'm thinking of hiring a car/camper to drive the coast road from Melbourne to Cairns(and maybe further).

Question?
Although August is your winter, will that affect diving the Great barrier reef  any more than usual(weather wise).

Whilst there are many fantastic looking bays/coves/towns/villages etc. along the East coast, are there any 'MUST SEE'S' ?

Just to change topic slightly.

Whilst in Oz, I'm also thinking of turning it into a bit of a fact finding mission.

I've been thinking of going abroad and working/living somewhere else for  a while.
In the past I've had a look a Canada, New Zealand and a few other English speaking places around the world( being that I'm an ignorant Englishman, who speaks no other language).

I think I have until I'm 45 to get into Oz, and with my current skills(plumbing/heating and ventilation/gas engineer/ heating installer and engineer -------- currently looking  at doing courses in solar energy/heat sinks/air con and refridgeration), I tick  many if not all of the boxes regarding required proffessions.

So this holiday is also a chance to see if I like the country enough to want to live there(although 3-4 weeks is a pitiful small amount of time to make that decision..... who knows)

I live in Cairns, and while July is known as winter (if you call 28 degrees winter), the ocean isn't as clear as what it normally would be in say Sept, Oct.

But June,July,Oct is peak tourist time so diving on the Reef would still be great just water is a bit cooler.

As for must sees!! depends on what you like? A must see in Cairns is obviously the Barrier Reef, also Mossman Gourge and Port Douglas.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:56:37 am by mickdundee »
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2009, 01:21:01 am »
Make sure that when you are in Melbourne you go and see an AFL game at the G. And in Sydney take in a NRL game at one of the suburban grounds like Leichardt or Kogarah. Both are great experiences.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:23 am »

I did the classic trip down the East coast from Cairns - Sydney in 2006 before I moved out here.

DO NOT MISS THE WHITSUNDAYS.

Seriously they are one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, you can do a whole range of boat tours around them for varying lengths of time. We were on a tight budget so did a backpacker boat, 32 paying passengers for 2 days 2 nights, including a complementary dive session (available to all whether you had a license or not) and then for people with licenses you could do night dives or extra dives. The diving there was way better than the stuff we did off Cairns. (To be honest my recollection is probably skewed by the fact there were only 8 blokes and 23 hot scandinavian ladies on our particular trip, but thats another story...)

Also, Fraser Island is brilliant, definitely check it out if you get the chance - you can do self-drive 4WD adventures where you all kit up and head out round the island for 3 days - though we didnt have the time so just did a guided 2day 1 night tour, which was still pretty amazing.

Other places that I havent personally been to but been recommended by mates are Byron Bay and Magnetic Island, also you could check out the Gold Coast (e.g. Surfers Paradise) which has gorgeous beaches, though it has far more of a resort feel with lots of end-of-season sports trips, etc etc going on there.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:26 am »
Make sure that when you are in Melbourne you go and see an AFL game at the G. And in Sydney take in a NRL game at one of the suburban grounds like Leichardt or Kogarah. Both are great experiences.

Agree. If you see an AFL game, make sure it is a good team who plays 'attractive' football like Geelong or Hawthorn. As for NRL, go and see the mighty Wests Tigers in action at Leichardt.

As I live on the West Coast, I can't give you any info but I would recommend doing the MCG Tour.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Tours/The%20MCG%20Tour.aspx

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2009, 07:32:46 am »
Just thought I would mention something about ANZAC day tomorrow.

We can never underestimate the sacrifice that so many Australians made protecting our freedom and way of life. We must remember them tomorrow and pay our respects in our own little way. I'm attending the dawn service in sydney tomorrow morning, I'm sure everyone will honour our boys in their own way.

My Great - Uncle was shot and killed in Sth Africa during the Second Boer War, aged 16.

My Great-Grandfathers fought on the Western Front in WWI, one was shot through the stomach but survived.

My Grandparents served in the Pacific in WWII, one on the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guniea, one was a fighter pilot.

My father was drafted to fight in Vietnam aged 18.

I am intensly proud of these family members for the sacrifices they made.

At the going down of the Sun, and in the morning, we shall remember them.

LEST WE FORGET

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2009, 12:59:00 pm »

As for must sees!! depends on what you like? A must see in Cairns is obviously the Barrier Reef, also Mossman Gourge and Port Douglas.

Mossman Gourge, I would say has got the coldest water I have experinced for a long time!!!!!! But it was boxing day 09 with a megga hang over errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[/quote]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2009, 01:05:35 pm »
Thank you to all those who have given their lives to ensure our freedom. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning: We shall remember them.

R.I.P YNWA

We also must not forget those who were on the front line and survived the wars. A big thank you to you as well for putting your life on the line to ensure our freedom.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2009, 11:30:23 pm »
Thank you to all those who have given their lives to ensure our freedom. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning: We shall remember them.

R.I.P YNWA

We also must not forget those who were on the front line and survived the wars. A big thank you to you as well for putting your life on the line to ensure our freedom.

Nice poste mate, I've just got back from the Canungra Dawn Service and now off on the lash at the local RSL for a bit of the arl 'Two Up' Have a good ANZAC Day everyone.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:41 pm »
I did the classic trip down the East coast from Cairns - Sydney in 2006 before I moved out here.

DO NOT MISS THE WHITSUNDAYS.

Seriously they are one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, you can do a whole range of boat tours around them for varying lengths of time. We were on a tight budget so did a backpacker boat, 32 paying passengers for 2 days 2 nights, including a complementary dive session (available to all whether you had a license or not) and then for people with licenses you could do night dives or extra dives. The diving there was way better than the stuff we did off Cairns. (To be honest my recollection is probably skewed by the fact there were only 8 blokes and 23 hot scandinavian ladies on our particular trip, but thats another story...)

Also, Fraser Island is brilliant, definitely check it out if you get the chance - you can do self-drive 4WD adventures where you all kit up and head out round the island for 3 days - though we didnt have the time so just did a guided 2day 1 night tour, which was still pretty amazing.

Other places that I havent personally been to but been recommended by mates are Byron Bay and Magnetic Island, also you could check out the Gold Coast (e.g. Surfers Paradise) which has gorgeous beaches, though it has far more of a resort feel with lots of end-of-season sports trips, etc etc going on there.

I was trying to work out who the fuck Rusty is! Where does that orginate from?  I'm home for the weekend at the moment and the course I'm on is shite, it's at the endof that I go 'Out Bush' again (deep joy).

I'll try not to burn the steaks next time your Down Under, it's a man BBQ traditional thing!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2009, 01:19:40 am »
On this day of remembrance, we must also not forget the other half of the ANZAC's that gave their lives- The Kiwis.

Not only did they fight and die for New Zealand, they also died for us.

R.I.P our Kiwi brothers.

Offline aussie-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2009, 01:47:14 am »
  becauser we have already decided to start looking into the prossess of emergrating in the next few years(hopefully).

I don't know if it's of any help to you guys, but this is the company that we used to obtain our permanent residency visas, www.ianharrop.co.uk
If there is a way of working the system to get you into Oz, they know about it.
It will obviously cost more using a migration agent, but your chances of getting in are much greater. Personally I can't recommend them highly enough.
Best of luck!

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2009, 10:02:55 am »
I don't know if it's of any help to you guys, but this is the company that we used to obtain our permanent residency visas, www.ianharrop.co.uk
If there is a way of working the system to get you into Oz, they know about it.
It will obviously cost more using a migration agent, but your chances of getting in are much greater. Personally I can't recommend them highly enough.
Best of luck!
Aussie-red, cheers for that. It looks like a rather usefull website, in the fullness of time.

Still in the holiday planning section right now. If.....and it's still an IF, I go down the route of working or citizenship, then it will be a way off yet. Still, a very usefull site all the same.

Cheers.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2009, 12:02:20 pm »
I was trying to work out who the fuck Rusty is! Where does that orginate from? 

From my surname (Murray-Rust), playing footy I predictably enough picked up the nickname "Rusty" (along with a few others ;D )

If you're talking about the clothing brand, I've got NFI...

Oh and where the hell did burnt steaks came into the equation???

Offline aussie-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2009, 12:33:08 pm »
Aussie-red, cheers for that. It looks like a rather usefull website, in the fullness of time.

Still in the holiday planning section right now. If.....and it's still an IF, I go down the route of working or citizenship, then it will be a way off yet. Still, a very usefull site all the same.

Cheers.
You are welcome mate, hope you enjoy your holiday.

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2009, 12:51:38 am »
From my surname (Murray-Rust), playing footy I predictably enough picked up the nickname "Rusty" (along with a few others ;D )

If you're talking about the clothing brand, I've got NFI...

Oh and where the hell did burnt steaks came into the equation???

:D Hey mate I qouted the wrong post it was aimed at Gravy Red.

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2009, 12:53:23 am »
Me and me bird got back from flyin around the world mid Feb, stayed in Oz for just over 5 weeks.  ;D

Flew into Oz early Nov 08 Melbourn for 4 nights (talk about 4 seasons in 1 day...), flew to Brisbane then, and had a six berth camper and drove upto Cairns, we had 21 days to do this, which was plenty of time! manged to get as far as Cape Tribulation where the road ends for Camper vans. Then onto Sydney for the New year Celerbrations (a must do, at least once in ya life). Then got a flight back to Brisbane for a couple of days to meet up with friends (Thanks Terry :wave) Then onto New zealand etc, But as this is a thread about oz I will leave it at that.

We decided that as it was our first time In Oz we would not have an Itenery and play it by ear as we say...This worked out really well for us, as it allowed us to stay longer in a place we liked and not having to rush onto to another place which we had only read about on the Internet for example and finding out that it was not as we had hoped(hope I am making sence?). We loved the place and are already planning on going back very soon, trying to plan it around the pre season friendlys we have in Tailand and Singapore in July. This is a good time of year for me as I want to see what Oz is like in the winter months as well as a very hot Summer, becauser we have already decided to start looking into the prossess of emergrating in the next few years(hopefully).

Anyway, the reason I thought I would post this is because if I can help any one on places to visit or give a miss to, on my experiences then I will try...To sum up, we had a Fantastic experince in Oz and hope fellow Reds that visit or live there enjoy it as much as we did.

And Just for Terry (BSBW), who I think is walk about the moment in the bush on exercise HAPPY St GEORGES DAY.
I was trying to work out who the fuck Gravy Red is! Where does that orginate from?  I'm home for the weekend at the moment and the course I'm on is shite, it's at the endof that I go 'Out Bush' again (deep joy).

I'll try not to burn the steaks next time your Down Under, it's a man BBQ traditional thing!

Offline Ze Boy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:23 am »
:wave

Gday mate where in Melb you based? And more importantly which footy team do you barrack for?

Ze Magpies I reckon with that background  :P

I come from Kinglake but my house burnt down so atm I'm in Whittlesea, I say Melbourne so the Internationals can relate to where I live

I certainly don't follow the maggots I detest them, in the AFL I follow Brisbane Lions but I am absolutely a Roy Boy so it's VAFA Divi 1 for me
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:03:38 am by Ze Boy »

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2009, 09:16:00 am »
I was trying to work out who the fuck Gravy Red is! Where does that orginate from?  I'm home for the weekend at the moment and the course I'm on is shite, it's at the endof that I go 'Out Bush' again (deep joy).

No real story to that I'm afraid, only in the good old days when it was all about drinkin beer and gettin drunk I would some times go on 2 or 3 day benders and get a little messy at times and with my name being David some of me mates started calling me davy gravy then that it got cut short to gravy(some of me mates still call me it) so I thoght I would just call myself gravy red...and before you call me a piss ed don't forget the time some one was too drunk to stay awake on the tube(chelsea a few yrs ago now)  and fell asleep allowing me to get off with out waking you,  and you got woke up by a guard at the end of the line, missing the last bus home. If I remember rightly you never had the money to pay for a cab so had to wake thge wife up (I think) about £60. so funny lol.  Jo just reminded me of your quote saying"she dosn't seem to understand" :lmao
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:12:44 am by gravy red »

Offline eegey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2009, 09:55:31 am »
Robbie Fowler Special on Fox Sports F.C tonight for anyone with foxtel.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2009, 12:08:55 pm »
Robbie Fowler Special on Fox Sports F.C tonight for anyone with foxtel.

Was not bad. I don't think he seemed too happy they were asking a lot of questions about Liverpool though. He seemed quite happy about being in North Queensland at the Fury and seems to be quite confident in their squad and their chances of making the finals in the coming season.

Offline eegey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2009, 02:51:43 pm »
Was not bad. I don't think he seemed too happy they were asking a lot of questions about Liverpool though. He seemed quite happy about being in North Queensland at the Fury and seems to be quite confident in their squad and their chances of making the finals in the coming season.

Yer he seemed pretty happy to be here. Hopefully North Qld do alright while he's there and he bags a few himself.  Had a couple of nice things to say about nando, but was mainly focused on talking about the fury. and as you said he is confident in his and the teams ability.
Not as much noise coming from the fury compared to the gold coast. I think nth qld are in for a good year,but not as good as the victory obviously...haha

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2009, 08:31:27 pm »
For anyone thinkng of travelling to Alice Springs......DONT... its a fuckng shit hole..

im currently working here for a few days..

Cant buy carry out ale Before 2.30 pm or after 9.00 pm...
you MUST produce ID{no matter what age} so they can check your history on the police files..
If you buy from one outlet, ALL other outlets in the area KNOW and you cannot buy more ale in the same day.....

a fair amount of the indigenous locals are  fuckng feral...everywhere you go no matter what time day or night theres groups of them fighting amongst themselves or causing trouble, had a group of them kicking cars and throwing stubbies at cars of the workers on site tonight.. coppers came round in about 2 mins and carted 4 of them off to the cells..
JFT 96

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2009, 12:27:15 am »
Why oh why Vegemite???
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2009, 03:08:18 am »
Why oh why Vegemite???

When i first moved over here i thought the same, but now i have it every morning on my toast... love it.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2009, 03:19:06 am »
For anyone thinkng of travelling to Alice Springs......DONT... its a fuckng shit hole..

im currently working here for a few days..

Cant buy carry out ale Before 2.30 pm or after 9.00 pm...
you MUST produce ID{no matter what age} so they can check your history on the police files..
If you buy from one outlet, ALL other outlets in the area KNOW and you cannot buy more ale in the same day.....

a fair amount of the indigenous locals are  fuckng feral...everywhere you go no matter what time day or night theres groups of them fighting amongst themselves or causing trouble, had a group of them kicking cars and throwing stubbies at cars of the workers on site tonight.. coppers came round in about 2 mins and carted 4 of them off to the cells..

Cairns has a problem with the local indigenous population as well (not as bad as Alice) you can't buy Cask wine before 4pm (who the hell would want to).

They sit round in parks and on the streets getting shit faced every day, a personal favourite of theirs is to drink Meths, as it's cheap.

Always remember when me a few mates where backapcking years ago, we parked up in Alice somewhere and group of Aborigines circled our campervan, first off they wanted us to buy a painting from them, then when we wasn't interested he tried to sell us his sister for a pack of fags...

But they can be friendly, When me and my mate first arrived in Aus we stayed in Perth for 3 months (Vic Park), an Aboriginal family lived a few doors down so we decided to meet the locals. My mate (who had glasses) said hello!! one guy said where you from? England my mate said, well fuck off back there you four eyed mother fucker!!!! Brilliant, what a welcome.

Offline bazjones

• Kopite
  • LFCmelbourne.com.au
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2009, 03:23:36 am »
Same with Broome.

You cannot buy long necks up there. Also you cant buy shots in the bars :-(

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2009, 07:29:35 am »
Why oh why Vegemite???

I thought you lived in Venezuela !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:42 am »

But they can be friendly,

My mate (who had glasses) said hello!! one guy said where you from? England my mate said, well fuck off back there you four eyed mother fucker!!!! Brilliant, what a welcome.

:lmao :lmao

Ive finally finished the work ive  got to do here so off back home tommorow{thank fucking fuckity fuck for that} so called into the local rsl equivalent.... had to go thru the rigmorol of showing id, having her check it aginst police /court records..anyway has a bit of a chinwag, shes adamant that theres going  to be trouble and lots of it here in the not too distant future..

the club she runs has been broken into 10 times this year alone, 2 of the  patrons have been murdered{in the last 3 weeks}, EVERY door in the place  {apart from the bogs}has a "crimsafe 'lock on it, walking alone at nights is a big no no...

So for anyone looking to come here.. DONT... :wave
JFT 96

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2009, 10:25:10 am »
I have fond memories of Alice Springs, mainly cos for $A10 a night I stayed in a hostel with a pool and mixed rooms and had a couple of very fit Swedish girls in with us. Obviously gone downhill since those glory years!