Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 167627 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2020, 05:53:30 pm »
My deals are coming to their end, but my flat isn't cabled up for Virgin, so I don't have that card to play.

Is it worth just saying that I don't want to play the games, just give me a deal?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2020, 06:41:27 pm »
My deals are coming to their end, but my flat isn't cabled up for Virgin, so I don't have that card to play.

Is it worth just saying that I don't want to play the games, just give me a deal?

When i rang in the past, i cited BT TV & Virigin TV are doing great deals (virgin isnt available for me either).

I also told them Netflix has me covered for movies etc unless they can beat their current offer.

I actually pay £3 a month for netflix through sky, thats for the UHD package too, great price! :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:21:45 pm by Teapot »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: February 28, 2020, 08:29:29 am »

Can give it a go, just look on the website (signed out so you can see new customer offers) and then work out what you can get. Have a look at BT TV and other stuff like that and then give them a call.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: February 28, 2020, 08:30:03 am »
I actually pay £3 a month for netflix through sky, thats for the UHD package too, great price! :)

How does that work though, can you still use a login and watch stuff on iPad/computer?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #604 on: February 28, 2020, 08:35:10 am »
How does that work though, can you still use a login and watch stuff on iPad/computer?

It comes with the Ultimate on Demand package, but that’s £12 a month not £3 unless he managed to get the price right down.

That’s the standard HD stuff. If want UHD you need the full Sky Q package I think.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: February 28, 2020, 10:35:44 am »
I pay about £5 for Netflix UHD directly from them and log in through the App on my Sony TV or through the Sky box

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2020, 11:01:55 am »
I pay about £5 for Netflix UHD directly from them and log in through the App on my Sony TV or through the Sky box

do you keep your original login and still have 4 screens?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #607 on: March 2, 2020, 07:41:56 pm »
Could it have moved in the storms? If it does not point the right way, you won't get much of a signal...
Only just seen this. The dish had reached breaking point it turns out.

First time I've had a Sky engineer out since signing up all those years ago. Was put out by the £65 call out fee but they ended up replacing my dish, my box and all my wiring so can't complain.

A side note. The engineers who visited were really helpful and considerate to any requests I had. Is it worth giving them some feedback to Sky or does stuff like that just get lost in the system?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #608 on: March 2, 2020, 08:47:38 pm »
Only just seen this. The dish had reached breaking point it turns out.

First time I've had a Sky engineer out since signing up all those years ago. Was put out by the £65 call out fee but they ended up replacing my dish, my box and all my wiring so can't complain.

A side note. The engineers who visited were really helpful and considerate to any requests I had. Is it worth giving them some feedback to Sky or does stuff like that just get lost in the system?

I always go out of my way to do so but not sure if it gets to the right people or not.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #609 on: March 6, 2020, 11:44:48 am »
Cancelled sky last year. Phoned me up this week. Sky Q, hd, all sports, Cinema, box sets, entertainment, kids, documentaries. £30 per month for 18 months. Waived the charge for installation and credited me £30.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: March 6, 2020, 12:40:37 pm »
Anyone have a Sky Soundbox?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #611 on: March 6, 2020, 12:56:57 pm »
Cancelled sky last year. Phoned me up this week. Sky Q, hd, all sports, Cinema, box sets, entertainment, kids, documentaries. £30 per month for 18 months. Waived the charge for installation and credited me £30.

That's ridiculously good.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: March 6, 2020, 01:57:13 pm »

Brilliant price

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: March 6, 2020, 04:16:45 pm »
Shut the front door!!

My mate is going to get me a friends and families voucher but if they call me and the offer is that good how could I say no?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #614 on: March 6, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
Very surprised myself. Originally they offered 33 a month. Put me on hold then came back with 30.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: March 6, 2020, 10:32:20 pm »
That's crazy. Sports alone is that much?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: March 7, 2020, 09:51:00 am »
I'd nearly be tempted to join up myself for that price
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: March 9, 2020, 05:06:08 pm »
Just phoned BT to cancel cos of the sky offer and they gave me it for £22.50 ;D

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: March 9, 2020, 07:11:27 pm »
Glad I read this. Had a look at my future bills on the app and noticed that in April my bill increases by £19 p/m and then in May it increases again by another £31. £50 increase on what I'm currently paying, less than 12 months after taking a new deal with them. Fuck that. I'll be phoning them in the next couple of days.

Just been on the phone to Sky to sort my bill out. Ended up getting the same package (full tv with Sky Q UHD and extra box, along with fibre broadband) for £5 less a month than I'm currently paying, so I'm now down to £82.50. Happy enough with that.

The first person I spoke to said the best they could do was £104 a month, I had to speak to the cancellations department to get the deal I got.

They're now able to offer BT Sports through Sky but the best they could do for me was £22 p/m. I didn't take it, I'm able to get the BT games on DAZN.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #619 on: March 12, 2020, 03:17:12 pm »
Is anyone thinking of cancelling sports packages seeing as there’s gonna be basically no live sport in the next few months?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2020, 11:02:11 am »
Is anyone thinking of cancelling sports packages seeing as there’s gonna be basically no live sport in the next few months?

Stuck in a contract until September and they wont let you cancel without paying a fee :(
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: March 18, 2020, 10:30:46 pm »
From Friday you will be able to 'pause' your Sky Sports subscription online.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:34:36 pm by smicer07 »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2020, 12:22:35 pm »

Good move!

I phoned up yesterday and it seemed straightfoward enough. Go through immediately.

Since then I have had emails telling me I've been signed up to a new 18 months contract! There's £10 admin fee on my April bill! And The remainder of March I'm still being charged for Sky Sports.

Got back onto them today. They've put a credit on my account. I'm not in a new 18 month contract. And I'm not being charged for the remainder of the month.

Watch out.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: March 20, 2020, 12:43:35 am »

Its available online now. You get to keep the channels.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: March 20, 2020, 07:07:18 am »
Yep did mine last night. Channels still on and £15 a month off the bill. Fair play to Sky.

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #625 on: March 20, 2020, 08:01:50 am »
Getting our box tomorrow. Everything all in for £30 as I mentioned previously. Wonder if they will knock money off that for the sports. Have to see if and how much.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: March 20, 2020, 08:08:21 am »
Once it’s set up just log into your Sky account and there’s an option to pause the Sky Sports element of your bill

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #627 on: March 20, 2020, 08:10:47 am »
Ah right! Nice one mate.

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #628 on: March 20, 2020, 08:13:36 am »
Not surprised for everyone here you actually need to cancel to get the good deals . Happened time and time again with Virgin and Sky for me.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2020, 08:15:06 am »
Just done ours, it’s back in the bill for June, guess we’ll wait and see!

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: March 20, 2020, 08:55:47 am »
Just done ours, it’s back in the bill for June, guess we’ll wait and see!

Back to full price for you in June?

It hasn't been deducted from my next bill which covers 2nd April to 1st May, its fully discounted in the May one then its £6 in June instead of £15.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: March 20, 2020, 10:21:26 am »
Upgrades charges are applicable immediately, downgrades from the following bill. It's the same for me. I'm still paying for it on the April 1st bill cos it's already generated so doesn't come down until 1st May bill.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: March 20, 2020, 10:37:40 am »
Back to full price for you in June?

It hasn't been deducted from my next bill which covers 2nd April to 1st May, its fully discounted in the May one then its £6 in June instead of £15.

Yeah, the dates are different for us all but it's took £32 off next months bill then £14 and odds off Mays but back to normal for June. No idea why it's split like that. This month's is full price cos ours goes from 23rd.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:39:59 am by Claire. »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: March 20, 2020, 11:43:22 am »
Site keeps crashing at pause sports package.

So you still have Sky Sports even if you pause it?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2020, 01:51:30 pm »
Site keeps crashing at pause sports package.

So you still have Sky Sports even if you pause it?

Yes.

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #635 on: March 21, 2020, 09:58:51 am »
Cant pause the fucker site keeps crashing ffs won't bother calling must be a 3 hour queue  :butt

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: March 21, 2020, 10:22:15 am »
Just wait and try early/late if the site is playing up. There’s also the My Sky app but it seems to have exploded in a recent update.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:23:57 am by Claire. »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: March 21, 2020, 12:56:51 pm »
Took me twenty minutes max to get through on this number 03337591018 to pause it as website doesn't work.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
Did my parents for them yesterday, took a few mins as clearly got on before everyone else got wind.

BT not making it anywhere near as easy.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #639 on: March 21, 2020, 01:55:29 pm »
Is anyone having Sky Broadband issues in the Merseyside area recently? My computer is so slow at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"