Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 335627 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #4000 on: December 18, 2021, 07:32:11 pm »
Went to Northampton today, the Midlands was just blanketed in mist and fog.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: December 19, 2021, 10:55:02 am »
Now I'm seeing reports that there's a chance of snow in Liverpool on Christmas Day. Bloody hell. 😳
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4002 on: December 19, 2021, 11:26:09 am »
We did an 11hr road trip yesterday from Anglesey to Rufford then to Sheffield then back to Anglesey collecting our 2 granddaughters who are with us till Thursday.

We set off in the dark but then had beautiful blue skies before the mist set in.  We had to use the M62 rather than M67 and Snake to get to Sheffield as the 67 was closed. 

The fog was really bad on the M62 and over Snake coming back although we wished we hadn't decided to risk the 67.  Eastbound was still closed and there were loads of forensics people on the carriageway and those green screens had been put up along the central reservation. 

A man's body had been found on the motorway at 7am yesterday morning.  Poor man RIP.

We then had the joy of watching the most spectacular sunset from South Manchester to home, with the sky going through that myriad of colours, orange, pink, red, purple. 

The full moon with the mist over the water and lowlying land just added to the spectacle.

How beautiful is nature in all its stunning glory 🥰

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: December 19, 2021, 08:24:11 pm »
Been from Warrington to Wigan, across to Goole, Wakefield and back today. There was on stretch of the M62 just after Oldham to the M62 summit where it was clear blue skies and sun, other than that it was fog all day, some of it really thick.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: December 20, 2021, 09:09:20 am »
Aye. Really weird localised fog yesterday. Drove from South Manchester to Edale in the Peak District. Terrible fog by me, completely lifted by the time I hit the airport then clear all the way to Edale. Half way up the summit, it rolled in and for the rest of the walk we were up in the clouds.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4005 on: December 20, 2021, 10:08:10 am »
Now I'm seeing reports that there's a chance of snow in Liverpool on Christmas Day. Bloody hell. 😳

The output models have modelled a few scenarios where the high sat over the UK migrates north, introducing a colder feed of air over the UK, then a low comes in from the south-west and you get the situation of moist air hitting very cold air and the resultant snow.

But most recent output shows a greater likelihood of the high just being squeezed out and the low moving in the west, throwing up milder air over the UK in front of it.

Still a very outside chance of snow on either Xmas Eve or Xmas Day (because the models have struggled to give a consistent scenario and may flip back to the colder option), but I'd put it about 10% at best.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: December 20, 2021, 12:39:11 pm »
Aye. Really weird localised fog yesterday. Drove from South Manchester to Edale in the Peak District. Terrible fog by me, completely lifted by the time I hit the airport then clear all the way to Edale. Half way up the summit, it rolled in and for the rest of the walk we were up in the clouds.

Brilliant photos.

I saw the same type of thing as I was going up the M62 towards the summit, valley on the left was full of fog while everywhere else was clear. I'd have loved to have got a photo
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: December 20, 2021, 03:36:44 pm »
I like this one in particular. At first glance, it looks like a coastline.  :thumbup

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: December 21, 2021, 10:12:20 am »

The output models have modelled a few scenarios where the high sat over the UK migrates north, introducing a colder feed of air over the UK, then a low comes in from the south-west and you get the situation of moist air hitting very cold air and the resultant snow.

But most recent output shows a greater likelihood of the high just being squeezed out and the low moving in the west, throwing up milder air over the UK in front of it.

Still a very outside chance of snow on either Xmas Eve or Xmas Day (because the models have struggled to give a consistent scenario and may flip back to the colder option), but I'd put it about 10% at best.

Up to perhaps 25% now (slight majority of output modelling a situation of some rain about Xmas Eve & Xmas Day, but cold air moving south over Xmas Day which gives a decent chance of turning the falling stuff to snow as the day wears on. Any snow falling will struggle to stick, though. Then more possible snow Boxing Day afternoon/evening.

Still plenty of time to change, as the model output has been all over the place the last week, as the current pattern is unusual and fairly chaotic. Might get just rain, might get dry, might get better snow.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: December 21, 2021, 12:00:50 pm »
Up to perhaps 25% now (slight majority of output modelling a situation of some rain about Xmas Eve & Xmas Day, but cold air moving south over Xmas Day which gives a decent chance of turning the falling stuff to snow as the day wears on. Any snow falling will struggle to stick, though. Then more possible snow Boxing Day afternoon/evening.

Still plenty of time to change, as the model output has been all over the place the last week, as the current pattern is unusual and fairly chaotic. Might get just rain, might get dry, might get better snow.

Nobby are you a member on the netweather community forum by any chance?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: December 21, 2021, 12:26:29 pm »
Nobby are you a member on the netweather community forum by any chance?

No, but I know about NetWeather and know a few of the people who go on there.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: December 21, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »

No, but I know about NetWeather and know a few of the people who go on there.

Ah right sound.  Just going on about various models and stuff sounds like you know your stuff. I've followed that app for a while but only recently joined. 👍
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: December 21, 2021, 12:51:31 pm »
Ah right sound.  Just going on about various models and stuff sounds like you know your stuff. I've followed that app for a while but only recently joined. 👍

I like to dip in and out of looking at output from these and have a crack at interpreting the charts. It's my 'geek vice'  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4013 on: December 21, 2021, 10:14:19 pm »
Winter solstice tonight, can only get better from now on folks.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: December 21, 2021, 11:14:03 pm »
Is there only me who loves dark nights (and mornings) in the winter? It's perfect when coupled with cold, dank, atmospheric days (preferably with snow on the ground)

I love long, warm, sunny evenings in summer as well, I want yo add.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4015 on: December 21, 2021, 11:27:44 pm »
Is there only me who loves dark nights (and mornings) in the winter? It's perfect when coupled with cold, dank, atmospheric days (preferably with snow on the ground)

I'd like it more if we had a proper Winter. When I was young I loved frosty days, snowy days, stormy days and foggy days. Winter often felt like Winter back then. We'd wake up many a morning with frost patterns all up the bedroom window on the inside. As you said, it could be really atmospheric. These days it just feels like dreary, perpetual Autumn from October to March.

Now, I'm pretty much a Summer person who can't wait for Winter to do one so I can get out in the garden and get some work done in daylight.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4016 on: December 22, 2021, 04:00:25 am »
I hate dark mornings when sunrise is after 8am, i love it when sunrise is before 6am, can get lovely sunrises over Liverpool on a nice spring & summers morning.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: December 22, 2021, 07:48:07 am »
Ah, the winter solstice is here,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: December 22, 2021, 11:29:16 am »

I quite like the dark nights,not so keen on it being dark when I get up in the morning.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: December 22, 2021, 11:58:32 am »

I only like the dark mornings when I'm working on the trucks - when trying to find the unit you just blip the fob to cycle through the lights check and then I can see where it is by which one starting flashing. Otherwise, its a wander around the yard searching for the one amongst 60 odd trucks  ;D

Much prefer the light mornings, makes me want to get up when I wake and go sit in the garden with a coffee and listen to the day come alive. Going out at 4:30 to work in summer is ace.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: December 22, 2021, 12:18:13 pm »
Xmas snow chances down to about 5%.

Last few model runs have really backtracked.

Gutted!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: December 22, 2021, 12:27:31 pm »
More bitter outside than a packed Goodison. Slightest breeze really stings. I'm assuming Nobby knows why it's still raining rather than snowing.  ;D

Just glad that's perihelion done for another year!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: December 22, 2021, 12:55:27 pm »
Torrential rain and howling gales here,very festive.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: December 22, 2021, 03:10:46 pm »
It's 4°C with rain here.  :(

Nobby has urinated on my turkey and stuffing by passing on the ''no white Christmas'' news from the Met Office.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 03:12:50 pm by Son of Ebenezer »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: December 22, 2021, 04:00:07 pm »
More bitter outside than a packed Goodison. Slightest breeze really stings. I'm assuming Nobby knows why it's still raining rather than snowing.  ;D

Just glad that's perihelion done for another year!

Cold air inversion - colder air bottled up at ground level, but milder air well above us (ground temp is about 2.5c, but due to a warm sector pushing in from the SW, the air at the 850hPa boundary (approx 1500m above sea level) the air is about 4-5c right now.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: December 22, 2021, 07:00:32 pm »
Cold air inversion - colder air bottled up at ground level, but milder air well above us (ground temp is about 2.5c, but due to a warm sector pushing in from the SW, the air at the 850hPa boundary (approx 1500m above sea level) the air is about 4-5c right now.

There we go. Thanks mate! ;D

It's 4°C with rain here.  :(

Nobby has urinated on my turkey and stuffing by passing on the ''no white Christmas'' news from the Met Office.  :'(

Well I have to say, that's a most unique marinade.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: December 22, 2021, 11:28:49 pm »
There we go. Thanks mate! ;D

The nerd in me couldn’t resist.  ;)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: December 23, 2021, 01:16:14 pm »
In the reported battle of cold vs warm air, I think the warm air is prevailing in Liverpool.
It's chilly but not frabs like early in the week.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: December 23, 2021, 06:38:12 pm »
In the reported battle of cold vs warm air, I think the warm air is prevailing in Liverpool.
It's chilly but not frabs like early in the week.

Been 11C in the city today, but will likely fall to 5 or 6C if the Met Office are anything to go by.

Found this site which is rather interesting if anybody fancies a nose: https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/jetstream

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4029 on: December 27, 2021, 08:17:13 pm »
Seen the forecast & it's going to be 15C on new years day. :o
#Sausages

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4030 on: December 27, 2021, 10:57:40 pm »
Hate....I said hate 'mild' weather in winter.....we get more than enough of that shite in the other 3 seasons of the year......get cold you bastard
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: December 28, 2021, 01:29:44 am »
Hate....I said hate 'mild' weather in winter.....we get more than enough of that shite in the other 3 seasons of the year......get cold you bastard
I'm the same. I'm a summer person, but I also want Winter to actually look and feel like winter.

I loathe this perpetual Autumn we get these days.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: December 28, 2021, 08:18:23 am »
Up in the lakes and it's absolutely pissing it down. Prefer it when it's freezing and blue skies when we come up here this time of the year. The hot tub is so much better when it's minus 2.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: December 28, 2021, 08:45:21 am »
It's pissed down all night and it's still pissing down now.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: December 29, 2021, 10:15:10 am »
I'm the same. I'm a summer person, but I also want Winter to actually look and feel like winter.

I loathe this perpetual Autumn we get these days.

Like I said earlier mate, I hate these perpetual, grim overcast skies. Desperate for a bit of blue sky and sunshine.  It's 10.15am and I have my bloody SAD light on.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: December 29, 2021, 10:49:02 am »
Pissing down again in Windermere. I get its the Lakes for a reason but ffs, can't it just be cold and dry?
Jurgen YNWA

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: December 30, 2021, 07:41:20 am »
Went for a run this morning and it was roasting. Too mild to run in long sleeve top

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: December 30, 2021, 09:41:29 am »
Went for a run this morning and it was roasting. Too mild to run in long sleeve top

It's climate change John - the winters are getting milder, wetter and more windy.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: January 2, 2022, 11:26:35 am »
Torrential rain,thunder and lightning here today.

Lovely stuff.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: January 13, 2022, 08:07:39 am »
Very thick mist this morning,half the garden's vanished.