Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333309 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #3840 on: October 29, 2021, 07:15:25 pm »
Was wondering the same, if it's coastal, that's an extremely low tide.

Maguire might be wading in the shallows...

The tide does go out a long way there.

We walk across to Hilbre Island at low tide to watch the grey seals from the ruins of the old lifeboat station there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3841 on: October 29, 2021, 07:57:36 pm »
That's a great picture, and I wouldn't have enjoyed being under that as it passed over.  :o

Is it Hoylake or close by?

Found it..close!

https://mobile.twitter.com/therenegade78/status/1454044042875084805

How the fuck do you copy a link & it turns into an old link you copied!  :o :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3842 on: October 29, 2021, 08:52:13 pm »
The tide does go out a long way there.

We walk across to Hilbre Island at low tide to watch the grey seals from the ruins of the old lifeboat station there.

That sounds like a really good way to spend a bit of time... nice. :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: October 29, 2021, 11:16:27 pm »
Found it..close!

https://mobile.twitter.com/therenegade78/status/1454044042875084805

How the fuck do you copy a link & it turns into an old link you copied!  :o :D

Cheers.  :)

I know exactly where that is now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: October 29, 2021, 11:29:22 pm »
That sounds like a really good way to spend a bit of time... nice. :wave
It is. Mrs Spion and I were just getting over Covid and needed to get out for some nature therapy, so we took a walk across. A flask of coffee and a picnic too.

Even at low tide the part of the island where the old lifeboat station ruins are still has water. With binoculars you can see the seal colony on the sandbanks as you look towards Wales, but they also come up close to where we sit. Close enough to see their whiskers and markings.  :)  It's also a good place to see bird species as well as Liverpool Bay, the wind farms, Wales and the Merseyside coast. It's also a great place to observe the weather, due to the big skies all around. You can see what's coming for many miles.

Next summer we plan to go over and stay for a full tide when the island is completely cut off, then come back at the next low tide. It's best in summer as you need the light to get across and come back. Just not enough hours of daylight to do it in winter. 

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #3845 on: October 30, 2021, 11:23:46 am »
Just been to West Kirby - lovely clear views over to Wales today, Llandudno and Snowdonia both really visible.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3846 on: November 4, 2021, 09:59:24 pm »
Just been outside and there is ice on the car 🥶
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: November 6, 2021, 11:49:01 am »
One my way to Grangemouth its pissing it down in Scotland and blowing a gale, loads of fun dragging a 15ft high curtainsider
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3848 on: November 13, 2021, 04:35:41 pm »
This mild weather is ridiculous. We've been staying up at Haworth in the Yorkshire Pennines this week and I took scarves, neckwarmers, jumpers and waterproof jackets etc but ended up in shorts and a light top on whilst hiking on the moors to Top Withens and still sweating like a Manc in the Kop. 😤

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3849 on: November 13, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »
This mild weather is ridiculous. We've been staying up at Haworth in the Yorkshire Pennines this week and I took scarves, neckwarmers, jumpers and waterproof jackets etc but ended up in shorts and a light top on whilst hiking on the moors to Top Withens and still sweating like a Manc in the Kop. 😤
Yeah this weather is really odd for this time of year, noticing on my bike ride this morning and pretty the last few weeks how warm it was on the trails.

Opened bedroom curtains the other day and had about 20 midges flying around the window.

I only notice them in spring and Summer, i wouldn't be surprised to see a Wasp or Bee buzzing past the next few days.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: November 13, 2021, 08:45:55 pm »
Yeah this weather is really odd for this time of year, noticing on my bike ride this morning and pretty the last few weeks how warm it was on the trails.

Opened bedroom curtains the other day and had about 20 midges flying around the window.

I only notice them in spring and Summer, i wouldn't be surprised to see a Wasp or Bee buzzing past the next few days.
We had a wasp on the outside of the window this afternoon.

We went to a pub in Haworth the night before last and I had a summer shirt on with no jacket and the sweat was rolling off me. 😰 It was like a summer night in the Pennines, but in November. Weird stuff.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3851 on: November 18, 2021, 10:23:40 am »
All change this weekend, with temps taking a drop. Might get chillier still from around the 25th/26th.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: November 18, 2021, 11:13:45 am »
I've still not had my heating on, which is odd even for this flat. Temp has definitely dipped past 72 hours though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: November 19, 2021, 10:52:44 am »
All change this weekend, with temps taking a drop. Might get chillier still from around the 25th/26th.

I'm not fussed how cold it is as long as it's dry,I'm sick of mist and drizzle.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:39 am »
I'm not fussed how cold it is as long as it's dry,I'm sick of mist and drizzle.

Read the Mirror website, they rob their weather from the Express, so its 100ft snow drifts and temps like Siberia :lmao

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: November 19, 2021, 11:51:08 am »
Read the Mirror website, they rob their weather from the Express, so its 100ft snow drifts and temps like Siberia :lmao

An excellent excuse to stay indoors and lay waste to the contents of the cocktail cabinet.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: November 19, 2021, 08:25:13 pm »
Its that time of the year when I can make my dinner for tomorrow and put it in my works bag and leave it in the car overnight as its as cold as the fridge.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: November 19, 2021, 08:33:11 pm »
Its that time of the year when I can make my dinner for tomorrow and put it in my works bag and leave it in the car overnight as its as cold as the fridge.
Most people on RAWK probably regard you as a big hard scouse trucker who eats live crocodiles for dinner Rob. Let's hope its still in the bag in the morning  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: November 19, 2021, 08:49:18 pm »
Most people on RAWK probably regard you as a big hard scouse trucker who eats live crocodiles for dinner Rob. Let's hope its still in the bag in the morning  ;D

I'll just punch it in the head if its awake.

5am start tomorrow, 3:45 wake up time :no

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: November 19, 2021, 09:30:41 pm »

Paging Capon to put a bruised, snoozing Croc in the passenger seat of a truck.

Anyway, back to the weather.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3860 on: November 19, 2021, 10:58:53 pm »

Well, someone has to do it, so might as well be a professional piss artist. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: November 21, 2021, 09:17:01 am »
Sunshine,blue skies and monsoon like downpours here this morning.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: November 21, 2021, 12:12:02 pm »
Sunshine,blue skies and monsoon like downpours here this morning.

Been cold but lovely and sunny all morning so far but not got higher than 4c

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: November 21, 2021, 12:50:03 pm »
Noticably cooler out there. A crisp lovely day. Last few days have been crazily mild. Nice to have some winter sunshine. Change on the cards next week..
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: November 21, 2021, 12:50:34 pm »
Been cold but lovely and sunny all morning so far but not got higher than 4c

It's dried up now,bitterly cold but still sunny.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3865 on: November 21, 2021, 02:56:28 pm »
It's roasting indoors with the sun blazing through the windows, but freezing outside. Wintry showers possible later in the coming week I hear too. 🥶

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3866 on: November 21, 2021, 03:28:41 pm »
It's roasting indoors with the sun blazing through the windows, but freezing outside. Wintry showers possible later in the coming week I hear too. 🥶
I have this little weather station thingy at home and as you see it is currently 25.8 in this room and 5.7 degrees outside in the garden.   :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3867 on: November 21, 2021, 04:00:22 pm »
I have this little weather station thingy at home and as you see it is currently 25.8 in this room and 5.7 degrees outside in the garden.   :)
I like that gadget. 😊

The sun has just gone down over Snowdonia and the temperature has dropped here, so I closed the window pretty quickly.

Not long before the hot water bottle comes out of hibernation now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3868 on: November 21, 2021, 04:21:45 pm »

It was as cold inside the refrigerated trailer as it was outside this morning ;D

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: November 21, 2021, 05:09:12 pm »
I like that gadget. 😊

The sun has just gone down over Snowdonia and the temperature has dropped here, so I closed the window pretty quickly.

Not long before the hot water bottle comes out of hibernation now.
This is it here, it is a handy little thing.

You live close to Snowdonia?  Now that's cool.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088C2WGCL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3870 on: November 21, 2021, 05:20:53 pm »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088C2WGCL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I make do with this

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: November 21, 2021, 06:14:31 pm »

Thanks Paul. I'll check that out.

Ah no, we don't live close to Snowdonia unfortunately. I'm in Liverpool, but have a view right over the Wirral, the Clwydian hills and onto Snowdonia. It looks lovely when there is snow on the mountains.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: November 21, 2021, 06:19:17 pm »
It was as cold inside the refrigerated trailer as it was outside this morning ;D
🥶
I bet you're still in your shorts though. 🤗

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3873 on: November 21, 2021, 06:35:44 pm »
🥶
I bet you're still in your shorts though. 🤗

Sadly they make us wear kecks. I'll be in shorts tonight though ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: November 21, 2021, 06:41:02 pm »
Sadly they make us wear kecks. I'll be in shorts tonight though ;D
Good man. 😊

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: November 21, 2021, 08:05:01 pm »
Good man. 😊

I'm knackered after two very early starts and just flopped when I got home, so I'm sat on the couch, I've still got my shirt, jacket and hi-vis vest on and my shorts ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: November 21, 2021, 09:38:11 pm »
I make do with this

Ha hahaha, that's brilliant that Rob.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: November 25, 2021, 06:24:54 am »
It's pitch black and pissing down,the sort of morning when you want to be switching on the Christmas lights to lift the gloom.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: November 25, 2021, 08:10:40 am »
It's pitch black and pissing down,the sort of morning when you want to be switching on the Christmas lights to lift the gloom.

Clear skies and frost here. Hope it stays this way, the sun shines right on the living room and means we can keep the heating off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3879 on: November 25, 2021, 08:51:14 am »
As I type this it's 21.3 degrees in this room and 3.0 degrees out in the front garden, no rain though which is good.  It also says that outside is 72% humidity and in this room the humidity is 41% (whatever that means)   :-\