Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 963280 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3320 on: July 5, 2019, 08:35:43 am »
That`s the thing for me Rob and it`s similar with Virgil, you don`t noticed half the time how good they are because they make it look dead easy.

Both players positioning and reading of the game is unreal, add their skill levels on top and we`ve got the jackpot  :D

I think this is where PoP is coming from. He is an elite player in his position and he has all the tools to perform consistently at the level he is at. He doesn't do "spectacular" as he does what is needed to make his job easier. I think is was Fulham away were he made a save from a free kick and plenty were saying it was no big deal - it was no big deal because he made it a no big deal save. Same in the CL final, I had no worries that Erikkson would score from that free kick late on.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: July 5, 2019, 08:36:33 am »
It's a bit of a stretch, PoP, isn't it? It's not only quality, but quality over a long period of time. When we talk about Messi, Pele and Maradona are there, of coarse, Ronaldo, Cruyff and Gerd Mueller are maybe close, but Van Basten's career was cut short, and Baggio was just not in the same league.

For keepers, and Alisson in particular, the question is would we speak of him in the same way as we speak of Lev Yashin or Dino Zoff (Gordon Banks was close but not there for me). Alisson hasn't hit the heights at Roma, but he is doing it with us. We have to see some 10 years at the top from him before we deem him an exceptional generation talent. Possible? Yes. But probable (that's where the statistics come in), not too much. How would you know that his career won't be cut short by a freak injury, or by moving to another club and not playing to his strengths? He is ideally suited for the way we play. If he stays with us, I reckon, he is more likely to become a legend of the game. And with every year these odds will increase, but right now they are not very short...

Actually the article I linked above has his Roma goalkeeping coach comparing him to Dino Zoff and saying he is the Messi of goalkeepers even while he was with them. So they did regard him that highly at Roma already before we signed him...

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: July 5, 2019, 08:37:34 am »
I think this is where PoP is coming from. He is an elite player in his position and he has all the tools to perform consistently at the level he is at. He doesn't do "spectacular" as he does what is needed to make his job easier. I think is was Fulham away were he made a save from a free kick and plenty were saying it was no big deal - it was no big deal because he made it a no big deal save. Same in the CL final, I had no worries that Erikkson would score from that free kick late on.

The fastest way to describe him is that Alisson is basically the Van Dyk of goalkeepers.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: July 5, 2019, 08:59:41 am »
Easily forgotten but was great in losses at PSG and Napoli

Barca at home too, deserves singling out for the same reason as Spurs - but probably with harder saves. Including: the Alba one on one at half time, the brilliant save/semi-punch hybrid save at 1-0 that prevented Suarez having an opportunity to get the follow up, and being switched on to the corner one two Messi/Rakitic fooled our team with saving the shot at an angle)

Was just thinking about it again (definitely wasn't listening to the 5Live commentary again on YouTube or anything) and Barcelona home came to mind, lots of good saves in that, particularly Alba one.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3324 on: July 5, 2019, 09:49:12 am »
Another reason why we forget about him is because he has such a great defence in front of him.

And on top of that we have such a great, aggressive attacking unit.

The best form of defence is attack ya know :)

The flipside of that is De Gea at Man Utd. He is more prominent because they have none of the above.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3325 on: July 5, 2019, 10:31:29 am »
This is the reason for me why he'll be fine replicating the level he's at. He's not like de Gea who reaches last minute to make a late save and you could say that at some point his luck would run out. His technique is so good that he makes difficult saves look routine.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3326 on: July 5, 2019, 11:23:12 am »
The fastest way to describe him is that Alisson is basically the Van Dyk of goalkeepers.

To me he's the reincarnation of Peter Schmeichel ... I'm amazed more commentators aren't jumping on it as an easy comparison. The only other keeper I've seen with that frame that's as quick - makes hard saves look routine - blocks out the sun on one on ones etc etc

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3327 on: July 5, 2019, 11:26:13 am »
To me he's the reincarnation of Peter Schmeichel ... I'm amazed more commentators aren't jumping on it as an easy comparison. The only other keeper I've seen with that frame that's as quick - makes hard saves look routine - blocks out the sun on one on ones etc etc

Doesn't get lobbed all the time though so he's better.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: July 5, 2019, 11:32:33 am »
Infinitely better with the ball at his feet too

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3329 on: July 5, 2019, 11:48:21 am »

A contributor to Man United's success in the early 90's was the timing of the introduction of the back pass rule and Schmeichel joining. I can't remember a keeper at the time who was as good with his feet as well as his long range throwing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3330 on: July 5, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Well this might be unpopular but i actually thought he showed some nerves on a number of different occasions coming down the stretch under that heavy pressure, even vvd too for that matter on the odd occasion, although both obviously continued to play well.

Both are young men who have never been in that position before. Being very high quality players doesn't mean they are not human. Being worshiped as Demi-gods does not mean they are not human. You have to have an experience before you can learn from it. It would be very unusual if they didn't feel at least a little yippy no matter how much they played it cool in public. I refer you to your own fan experience as a benchmark.  ;D  there was a wide spectrum of emotions ranging from fear to panic. I myself couldn't watch the last 15 mins of most games.

Having said that, obviously Allison and Virgil battled on through very successfully and the way the whole team did the mentality monsters thing was very helpful in this regard imo.

so my actual point is, having gone through that experience and succeeded (and yes i categorize that stretch run and 97 points as a success) now they have laid down a base where been-there-done-that should take a hell of a lot of the sting out of any nerves going forward in similar high pressure situations. the adrenaline will still exist, but the ability to channel it to helpful energy will be much improved.

so i dont know how you chart that but Allison's going to be even better this year because of it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: July 5, 2019, 11:56:05 am »
Love the guy. But I've recently seen a fair few tweets and discussion about him on Twitter from some supporters, calling him out on his support of Jair Bolsonaro, someone who is so far removed from the left-leaning founding of this club and also Internacional. A lot of people saying they can't look at him the same. I do agree to an extent but I also think it's hugely important to separate the football player from the person and their beliefs. We support them for what they do on the football pitch and I'm sure in the past we've had a lot of players with beliefs we don't align ourselves with.

Just for context, many past footballers have come out in support for Bolsonaro to a larger degree, including Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaka and Cafu. Neymar and Lucas Moura have done so quite vocally too.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: July 5, 2019, 12:10:34 pm »
Love the guy. But I've recently seen a fair few tweets and discussion about him on Twitter from some supporters, calling him out on his support of Jair Bolsonaro, someone who is so far removed from the left-leaning founding of this club and also Internacional. A lot of people saying they can't look at him the same. I do agree to an extent but I also think it's hugely important to separate the football player from the person and their beliefs. We support them for what they do on the football pitch and I'm sure in the past we've had a lot of players with beliefs we don't align ourselves with.

Just for context, many past footballers have come out in support for Bolsonaro to a larger degree, including Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaka and Cafu. Neymar and Lucas Moura have done so quite vocally too.

Does he actually support Bolsonaro? I know he followed him on Twitter but that's not proof that he's a Bolsonaro supporter.

We usually have no idea what the political views of footballers are unless they're vocal about it (Di Canio, Lucarelli, Carragher, Lampard etc) but our current squad seem to get along well and have mutual respect for each other regardless of their political views. I doubt they talk politics at Melwood much anyway.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: July 5, 2019, 12:11:34 pm »
Professional Footballer a bit right wing …… shock horror.

The most competitive occupation ever to have been seen outside of combat or combat sports. No surprise if they are a tad right wing in my opinion.

Just don't look for moral or ethical guidance from anybody who gets paid to play a game for a living.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: July 5, 2019, 12:24:10 pm »

I'm not on Twitter. What does his support for Bolsonaro consist of?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: July 5, 2019, 12:30:41 pm »
Does he actually support Bolsonaro? I know he followed him on Twitter but that's not proof that he's a Bolsonaro supporter.

We usually have no idea what the political views of footballers are unless they're vocal about it (Di Canio, Lucarelli, Carragher, Lampard etc) but our current squad seem to get along well and have mutual respect for each other regardless of their political views. I doubt they talk politics at Melwood much anyway.

He apparently liked several of his Instagram or Twitter posts during his election campaign. A couple of guys from Brazil give their thoughts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/bquiuq/alisson_is_a_new_goodwill_ambassador_for_who/eo80d8y/ - Also saying how it would make sense since he comes from a right-wing part of the country. Ronaldinho, whose usual number was 10, posed wearing a '17' shirt, the number of Bolosanoro's party and Alisson liked his post too. Here's an article in Portuguese: https://www.diariodocentrodomundo.com.br/alisson-e-gabriel-jesus-curtem-posts-pro-bolsonaro-de-rivaldo-e-ronaldinho-por-raymundo-gomes/

Again, politics and football shouldn't mix - but it still does in so many ways, just look at how few Tory supporters of Liverpool there are - not just natives to Merseyside but from the rest of the UK too.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: July 5, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
^ Yes good shout. His actions are in the right place and speak for me (The 26-year-old was confirmed as one of four new ambassadors set to ‘promote healthier lives, stronger health workforces and improved mental health globally’.*)

*https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/350974-alisson-becker-appointed-who-goodwill-ambassador

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #3337 on: July 5, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »
Alisson's league save percentages since 2013. Caveats - He didn't play much league football in 2016/17, so that's not included; and his Brazilian league appearances are small sample size. However, he looks remarkably consistent. His own personal mean from this data is 72.98%, which is still above average (and quite frankly into very good/elite territory). So while he might "regress to the mean", he's regressing to a still-excellent level.

Code: [Select]
Season Team Tournament Mins Saves GA SOTA SV%
18/19 Liverpool PL 3420 74 22 96 77.08%
17/18 Roma Serie A 3330 107 28 135 79.26%
2015 Inter. Brazil A 2266 83 23 106 78.30%
2014 Inter. Brazil A 990 35 14 49 71.43%
2013 Inter. Brazil A 518 10 7 17 58.82%

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse, but I suspect we do agree about all this and it’s just imprecise language that’s muddying the waters.

When we generally speak of performance, we are talking about the cumulative measure of both what a player can and cannot control. So in Allison’s case, he can control his own performance levels (positioning, anticipation, concentration, fitness etc.) but he cannot fully control the quality of chances our outfield 10 concedes, or whether a shot is scuffed as opposed to rifled into the top corner.

So when jack says that Allison was “running hot” last year he is not saying “Allison played so well he can’t possibly sustain that level of performance” so much as “the events for which he has no control over generally went in his and our favor, and there is no logical reason to expect that to keep happening”

Save % is a quick and dirty measure of performance that includes both things that Allison can and cannot control. It has its uses for the average fan, but I promise you Edwards and co. Give the stat zero credence and employ a metric that seeks to isolate only the Allison-controlled element of performance.

« Last Edit: July 5, 2019, 04:21:01 pm by Bob Sacamano »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3338 on: July 5, 2019, 04:37:25 pm »
He apparently liked several of his Instagram or Twitter posts during his election campaign. A couple of guys from Brazil give their thoughts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/bquiuq/alisson_is_a_new_goodwill_ambassador_for_who/eo80d8y/ - Also saying how it would make sense since he comes from a right-wing part of the country. Ronaldinho, whose usual number was 10, posed wearing a '17' shirt, the number of Bolosanoro's party and Alisson liked his post too. Here's an article in Portuguese: https://www.diariodocentrodomundo.com.br/alisson-e-gabriel-jesus-curtem-posts-pro-bolsonaro-de-rivaldo-e-ronaldinho-por-raymundo-gomes/

Again, politics and football shouldn't mix - but it still does in so many ways, just look at how few Tory supporters of Liverpool there are - not just natives to Merseyside but from the rest of the UK too.

Just curious how you know how few Tory supporters of Liverpool there are?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3339 on: July 5, 2019, 04:40:14 pm »
I don’t mean to beat a dead horse, but I suspect we do agree about all this and it’s just imprecise language that’s muddying the waters.

When we generally speak of performance, we are talking about the cumulative measure of both what a player can and cannot control. So in Allison’s case, he can control his own performance levels (positioning, anticipation, concentration, fitness etc.) but he cannot fully control the quality of chances our outfield 10 concedes, or whether a shot is scuffed as opposed to rifled into the top corner.

So when jack says that Allison was “running hot” last year he is not saying “Allison played so well he can’t possibly sustain that level of performance” so much as “the events for which he has no control over generally went in his and our favor, and there is no logical reason to expect that to keep happening”

Save % is a quick and dirty measure of performance that includes both things that Allison can and cannot control. It has its uses for the average fan, but I promise you Edwards and co. Give the stat zero credence and employ a metric that seeks to isolate only the Allison-controlled element of performance.

If they give the stat zero credence, then they don't understand the game. It's this simple - the only shots goalkeepers can save (regardless of "quality") are shots on target (except for Pickford, who tries to save shots NOT on target as well :D). So, save percentage as a function of shots on target tells you a lot about a keeper if you understand what a keeper's thought process, decision-making, and fundamental skill demands, are. There is obviously some variance, as there is with all activities that are subject to a degree of random chance, but ultimately the "skill vs chance" comes down to the level of skill the person/persons we are talking about. In other words, the more skill, the less effect chance has. So with save percentage, you're looking at one action - the ball going towards the goal. A non-goalkeeper will probably let in 80% of all shots on target, regardless of distance, power or angle. An average goalkeeper probably lets in about 50-60%, as they will have some training in reading the power, the angle, the spin and the distance of a shot, and adjusted their positioning and ready stance accordingly. A professional class keeper is averaging about 66% of all shots, as is the standard (the converse to the save percentage is that only 1/3 of all shots on target are goals. These two numbers are incredibly robust over 100's of thousands of shots recorded). And a top class elite keeper is saving 70%+ of all shots on target.

So we have a historical standard by which we can measure the keeper's basic function - which is to keep shots on target out of the net. It is certainly quick and dirty, but dismissing it at any level shows ignorance about the game and its mechanics. You can't rely on it alone as a marker to determine the "goodness" of a keeper, but it's kind of important to know how often a keeper will save a shot on target, because if their save percentage is low, it creates so much more work for the defenders to prevent shots on target in the first place. If the save percentage is high, then you can start to look at other things that can make the defenders' job easier - sweeping, distribution, comfort on the ball, speed of transition, leadership, communication, organisation, etc. But a keeper with a low save percentage is a danger to a team. At that point, it's just a body with a pair of gloves on, standing in the way and hoping for the best ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #3340 on: July 5, 2019, 05:14:06 pm »
If they give the stat zero credence, then they don't understand the game. It's this simple - the only shots goalkeepers can save (regardless of "quality") are shots on target (except for Pickford, who tries to save shots NOT on target as well :D). So, save percentage as a function of shots on target tells you a lot about a keeper if you understand what a keeper's thought process, decision-making, and fundamental skill demands, are. There is obviously some variance, as there is with all activities that are subject to a degree of random chance, but ultimately the "skill vs chance" comes down to the level of skill the person/persons we are talking about. In other words, the more skill, the less effect chance has. So with save percentage, you're looking at one action - the ball going towards the goal. A non-goalkeeper will probably let in 80% of all shots on target, regardless of distance, power or angle. An average goalkeeper probably lets in about 50-60%, as they will have some training in reading the power, the angle, the spin and the distance of a shot, and adjusted their positioning and ready stance accordingly. A professional class keeper is averaging about 66% of all shots, as is the standard (the converse to the save percentage is that only 1/3 of all shots on target are goals. These two numbers are incredibly robust over 100's of thousands of shots recorded). And a top class elite keeper is saving 70%+ of all shots on target.

So we have a historical standard by which we can measure the keeper's basic function - which is to keep shots on target out of the net. It is certainly quick and dirty, but dismissing it at any level shows ignorance about the game and its mechanics. You can't rely on it alone as a marker to determine the "goodness" of a keeper, but it's kind of important to know how often a keeper will save a shot on target, because if their save percentage is low, it creates so much more work for the defenders to prevent shots on target in the first place. If the save percentage is high, then you can start to look at other things that can make the defenders' job easier - sweeping, distribution, comfort on the ball, speed of transition, leadership, communication, organisation, etc. But a keeper with a low save percentage is a danger to a team. At that point, it's just a body with a pair of gloves on, standing in the way and hoping for the best ;D

Again, as a quick and dirty metric save % is fine. But a simple thought experiment shows its flaws: our opponent has only 3 shots on target, all of them from close range and all of them rifled into the top corner. Allison is perfectly positioned, anticipates each shot perfectly, and covers as much ground as humanly possible but the shots are hit with too much velocity and accuracy. Save % = 0

Conversely, our opponent has 10 shots on target. All 10 are hit from outside the box, tamely, and straight at Allison, who loses concentration and lets one of them in. Save % = 90.

Everyone can see the “first” Allison played better, but save % indicates exactly the opposite. Now over time most of that “noise” gets filtered out with a large enough sample, but there is still noise. Edwards and co. will have something like save %, but without the “noise”.

Why use cluster bombs when you can use a laser-guided missile?  :D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3341 on: July 5, 2019, 06:44:33 pm »
Again, as a quick and dirty metric save % is fine. But a simple thought experiment shows its flaws: our opponent has only 3 shots on target, all of them from close range and all of them rifled into the top corner. Allison is perfectly positioned, anticipates each shot perfectly, and covers as much ground as humanly possible but the shots are hit with too much velocity and accuracy. Save % = 0

Conversely, our opponent has 10 shots on target. All 10 are hit from outside the box, tamely, and straight at Allison, who loses concentration and lets one of them in. Save % = 90.

Everyone can see the “first” Allison played better, but save % indicates exactly the opposite. Now over time most of that “noise” gets filtered out with a large enough sample, but there is still noise. Edwards and co. will have something like save %, but without the “noise”.

Why use cluster bombs when you can use a laser-guided missile?  :D

If he's perfectly positioned in the first example, then how did they score? ;D

Goalkeeping is positioning first, anticipation second, footwork third, and hands as a last resort :)

If the first three shots are from close range, and Becker is "perfectly positioned", then those shots don't score, because a perfectly positioned keeper in that instance is right on the toes of the attacker, and probably taking the ball off the attackers feet as soon as they make their backswing.

I know where you're coming from, but the realities of the game have a way of showing up fancy statistics. There are fundamentals that are just necessary at all levels of the game, and a keeper who concedes shots on target from any distance, angle or power, at less than 66%, is a keeper who has no real utility for the team. So while I do agree we can't just use save percentage alone, we also can't dismiss it as "not being advanced enough", because it does tell a story about a keeper, and can give cause for optimism or cause for concern, depending on the number. There's a historically robust standard that we know about save percentage, and we can at least apply it to, on one hand filter out noise (sub-standard keepers, for example), and on the other hand, look for consistency of performance.

Having said all of that, we could go around and around talking about the merits of save percentage, and it's an interesting topic in the "stats vs the game" conversation, but we got here from the debate about whether elite performers are able to sustain "exceptional" levels of performance for more than one season. If so, then we can't be worrying about regression to the mean. If not, though, then we probably should be thinking about replacing the key players every two seasons, no?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: July 7, 2019, 11:05:41 pm »
Stone cold Winner

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: July 7, 2019, 11:29:56 pm »
Another deserving candidate for Ballon Dor...?

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #3344 on: July 7, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »
Congratulations on winning the Copa America Alisson Becker!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: July 7, 2019, 11:40:08 pm »
Congratulations to Alisson, our players just keep on winning trophies! ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3346 on: July 7, 2019, 11:53:04 pm »
Well in Alisson.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: July 8, 2019, 12:17:51 am »
Well in Alli

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: July 8, 2019, 12:35:03 am »
Golden Gloves

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3349 on: July 8, 2019, 12:36:10 am »
Another gold medal, well done! Now take some well-deserved rest and come back to pick a few more.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #3350 on: July 8, 2019, 07:02:35 am »

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: July 8, 2019, 10:47:15 am »
Another deserving candidate for Ballon Dor...?

Only 1 keeper has ever won it or the equivalent and that was Lev Yashin way back when.  He may be deserving of it but it is highly unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1. VVD, 2. GOAT shagger, 3. Alisson.  He deserves to beat the Argentinian mutant but it is probably not likely.

Well in though to him for another medal and didn't concede a single goal from open play in the whole tournament.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: July 8, 2019, 11:13:39 am »
he should definetly be among the best three players in the world for last season...

CL, Golden glove, Copa america... in his first season in new league and team....

with 26!

well there is always another season he can beat this :)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: July 8, 2019, 11:44:31 am »

Much calmer than Schmeichel LOL

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: July 8, 2019, 11:48:55 am »

Its the same just like our workmates and suppliers and customers -  they are going to have different political and religious values and views from us and they have every right to do so and we do not have the right to compel them to have and express different views as the price for doing business with us. And vice versa.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #3355 on: July 9, 2019, 07:33:15 pm »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3356 on: July 9, 2019, 10:27:53 pm »

Looks like he's on a National Express overnight for a fiver trip
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: July 9, 2019, 10:50:07 pm »
Our goalkeeper and our centre back being discussed for the Ballon d'Or, what a time to be alive.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: July 10, 2019, 12:32:30 am »
His forearm is bigger than Jordan Pickford
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3359 on: July 10, 2019, 01:59:57 am »

Probably not enough there to worry me.

I think politics is important. Far from the first, but certainly a reason I love Klopp is that he represents my values, not only on the pitch but in life. I love what he said about being on the left and wanting others to do well. It makes me feel like I'm a part of an organisation that's not only successful, but good.

If one of our players were an out and out fascist, or a sexual predator, or similar, that would be a problem for me. At least, I would certainly feel conflicted about them.

But I don't think it's necessarily the case that Alisson is a Bolsanaro supporter, just because he liked a few instagram posts - particularly since they're not connected to anything particularly concerning. And I probably wouldn't want to rush to pre-judge anyone's politics in Brazil at this moment in time without knowing more about the specifics of their views. Brazil's going through a really weird, tumultuous period and I think a lot of people's behaviour should be seen through that lens.