Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 763692 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #5280 on: September 25, 2023, 12:15:57 am »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5281 on: September 25, 2023, 06:50:49 am »
I am really pleased for him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5282 on: September 25, 2023, 08:34:28 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5283 on: September 25, 2023, 11:27:48 pm »
Scored the winner for Beşiktaş today with a great run and finish

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1706047948310688136?t=zjRyW5oNC7LtKHKfYS_qAw&s=19

Always be a red the ox. Top man. He gave us some great moments
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5284 on: October 25, 2023, 06:52:58 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSAIwyr9xgw

Oxlade-Chamberlain “surprised” by Liverpool’s conduct during his Reds exit, skip to 9 min 30 secs in

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: October 25, 2023, 08:33:18 am »
Get where he is coming from but surely it’s on the player himself (or his agent) to go seeking clarity there. It was obvious to absolutely everybody that he would not be getting a new deal, and while I can see his point, it’s a bit disappointing he feels that way when you consider the final year of his contract was just given to him by the club to make up for his time out injured.

I’m sure he’d have been talking to some clubs from January onwards as well, fully knowing his situation.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: October 25, 2023, 09:00:58 pm »
Get where he is coming from but surely it’s on the player himself (or his agent) to go seeking clarity there. It was obvious to absolutely everybody that he would not be getting a new deal, and while I can see his point, it’s a bit disappointing he feels that way when you consider the final year of his contract was just given to him by the club to make up for his time out injured.

I’m sure he’d have been talking to some clubs from January onwards as well, fully knowing his situation.
Precisely. When players are keeping their options open, they’re fond of saying stuff like my agent is dealing with that. They can’t have it both ways and if he was in the dark, he should have perhaps asked his agent to find out what was going on.
We’ve been more than fair with him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: October 26, 2023, 04:16:25 pm »
I'd have thought if I was in his shoes - having not performed to a consistent standard for several years*, including being unable to be good enough to command a spot on the bench at times, plus making no apparent effort to seek first team football on loan or for a fee (or mutually cancelling contract) - that I'd probably have used all that spare time to ask the manager and the club about my future rather than sit on his hands and then complain about it months later. Communication is two way - it's hard to have huge sympathy here.

*mostly not his fault, but had obviously clear spells where he looked extremely demotivated and played for himself when he came on - pot shots and dribbling down blind alleys instead of playing for the team

Imagine that for Klopp (or generally, for any managers) that you don't want to rock the boat by bringing up a negative to these diva players - in this case 'you know how you haven't asked for a contract and we haven't offered you one? well that means your contract end date will be your end date' - and instead just assume they are doing what they want (quietly seeing out their contract) without any awkward confrontation
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:21:35 pm by classycarra »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5288 on: October 26, 2023, 05:05:56 pm »
I'd have thought if I was in his shoes - having not performed to a consistent standard for several years*, including being unable to be good enough to command a spot on the bench at times, plus making no apparent effort to seek first team football on loan or for a fee (or mutually cancelling contract) - that I'd probably have used all that spare time to ask the manager and the club about my future rather than sit on his hands and then complain about it months later. Communication is two way - it's hard to have huge sympathy here.

*mostly not his fault, but had obviously clear spells where he looked extremely demotivated and played for himself when he came on - pot shots and dribbling down blind alleys instead of playing for the team

Imagine that for Klopp (or generally, for any managers) that you don't want to rock the boat by bringing up a negative to these diva players - in this case 'you know how you haven't asked for a contract and we haven't offered you one? well that means your contract end date will be your end date' - and instead just assume they are doing what they want (quietly seeing out their contract) without any awkward confrontation

yes, quite!

Klopp is about as open and ‘fatherly’ a manager a player could get. So if even he's not rushing to communicate, maybe take the hint.

Why would he have needed it said anyway? It’d be mad if the club even considered for a second offering him a new contract. I guess it shows the arrogance of these players that he’d have thought it a possibility.

And to be honest, the only contract he should have been speaking of in that interview, was the one the club gave him when he was injured. Imagine having a dig now, after what they did for him back then.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5289 on: October 26, 2023, 06:15:58 pm »
And to be honest, the only contract he should have been speaking of in that interview, was the one the club gave him when he was injured. Imagine having a dig now, after what they did for him back then.
hadn't thought about that, but great point. he joins henderson here in being granted a very generous contract extension that was above what they'd merited based on their ability/availability*, and yet both ultimately have a lovely whinge about 'being shown appreciation' to an unquestioning sycophantic british footballing press

*I should be clear that AOC didn't use the media subversively to threaten the club and try to manipulate klopp and the fans like henderson did

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: October 28, 2023, 03:01:00 pm »
yes, quite!

Klopp is about as open and ‘fatherly’ a manager a player could get. So if even he's not rushing to communicate, maybe take the hint.

Why would he have needed it said anyway? It’d be mad if the club even considered for a second offering him a new contract. I guess it shows the arrogance of these players that he’d have thought it a possibility.

To use the example of another crock, Phil Jones has been far classier about his predicament than Ox. Jones wasn't going to turn down the contract offered, but recognised that he didn't deserve it, saw it out without complaint, and was grateful for it.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: November 3, 2023, 01:09:28 am »
yes, quite!

I don't think the club were necessarily doing him a favour when they offered him a new contract - he was one of our best players in 2017/18 and although the injury was a bad one, the general consensus at the time was looking forward to him returning from it because of what he offered to the team. Having said that, I am a little bit disappointed with his comments, because he has his head screwed on and he must have known that his chances would be limited in those last couple of seasons.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #5292 on: December 3, 2023, 06:02:36 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5293 on: December 3, 2023, 11:30:45 pm »

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5294 on: Today at 01:51:02 am »
Apparently he wants to return back to England at the end of this season.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5295 on: Today at 03:28:35 am »
What's his level these days, promoted club / upper championship?

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5296 on: Today at 11:21:31 am »
What's his level these days, promoted club / upper championship?

Good question. I personally have seen zero game time of him since he left.