Author Topic: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00  (Read 12658 times)

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2024, 11:26:30 pm »
really hope we get that Jones-Macallister-Szoboslai midfield again, if not Palace then for Fulham

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2024, 11:29:18 pm »
That feels like a very mad feeling.

Can’t see us smacking a team 6/7-0.
before every game there's always idiots claiming we'll run up a fucking cricket score.  it's fucking childish, esp when it doesn't happen and they lose their shit and go after players left right and centre.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 11:31:02 pm by SamLad »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2024, 11:30:04 pm »
Really hope we don’t get thumped.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 12:11:32 am »
Those calling for Danns, he played and scored for the U21s tonight so I imagine unlikely to be in the squad. Probably wouldn’t have been anyway given we’ve almost got a full squad again inc. all our attackers
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2024, 12:13:25 am »
Those calling for Danns, he played and scored for the U21s tonight so I imagine unlikely to be in the squad. Probably wouldn’t have been anyway given we’ve almost got a full squad again inc. all our attackers
Sounds like people are desperate for Danns.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 12:17:33 am »
Sounds like people are desperate for Danns.
I see what you did there
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2024, 12:42:26 am »
Will take a nervy 1-0 win.  Any win will do after the last two games
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2024, 03:42:51 am »
If we don't win this, that's the end of our title hope.
Believer

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2024, 06:05:05 am »
Just don't give up a goal or massive chance in the first 150 seconds, then we'll take it from there.

Can we find some non- league side to play a 5 minute friendly against our boys prior to kick off? Get it out of the system...?

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2024, 09:21:25 am »
Expecting a big backlash here.

Klopp would have hammered the players after the Europa mess.

Big win needed.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Swetty79

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2024, 09:58:40 am »
It's my birthday tomorrow so i'm keeping everything crossed we win or even better we smash those eagles!!
YNWA

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2024, 10:29:33 am »
Alisson
Trent
VVD
Ibou
Robbo
Mac
Endo
Jones
Salah
Jota
Diaz

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2024, 10:59:03 am »
I have no idea what to expect.

Don't see much changing but would love a convincing 3 - 0 win with all our goals before half time. Players really need to respond.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2024, 11:00:33 am »
Alisson
Trent
VVD
Ibou
Robbo
Mac
Endo
Jones
Salah
Jota
Diaz

Why are people putting Alisson into the team? He's not bee given a date back at the moment, unless I missed it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2024, 11:17:08 am »
trent is not fit enough to start tomorrow

ali maybe

jota could start and play 45 mins

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2024, 11:34:19 am »
It'll be interesting to see which Liverpool turn up here. There has been an occasional theme during Klopp's tenure that, when chasing, we peak slightly too early (injuries and bad luck take their toll) and, despite getting into a good position, we limp over the line.

Perhaps this will be similar to 21/22 and the iffy performances (and bad one on Thursday) post internationals will signal a petering out of our season again. Perhaps it will actually act as a slight correction to the level that Klopp has managed to get us to, because we certainly look like the 3rd best team in the title race at the moment.

Amazing to think that we've gone from dreaming about a possible quadruple a few weeks ago to likely having to accept that the league cup will be all we get to send Klopp off. The result (and performance) against Palace will tell us alot about what the next few weeks will look like. 

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2024, 11:36:41 am »
Why are people putting Alisson into the team? He's not bee given a date back at the moment, unless I missed it.

It was the way Klopp spoke last week, iirc, he said Ali Trent and Jota had been training together and we're about ready or something like that. Ali had yesterday and today to train, so he may be ready for tomorrow.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2024, 11:38:57 am »
Alisson
Trent
VVD
Ibou
Robbo
Mac
Endo
Jones
Salah
Jota
Diaz

People's heads are going to fall off when Quansah inevitably starts. I'd prepare for that to be the case.

Don't think it's a problem for tomorrow to be honest, but it would be a little weird if Konate has now ended up playing the less big games.

Would like to see Jota start if he's able - he's not responsible for the wastefulness vs United or the shocker vs Atalanta, so feel he'll be more confident than any other forward. Think Bradley will start as well, which I'd be totally happy with.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2024, 11:43:41 am »

We almost certainly won't see him again this season, but it's a bit of a shame - he definitely has something about him. His goal in the U21s game was brilliant. The guy certainly doesn't lack confidence or willingness to try things. Personally, I'd like to see him at least in the squad for Atalanta away.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2024, 11:54:29 am »
Nice one Crimson.

There has to be a reaction against what happened in Thursday. I expect some anger in our performance. That could be a good thing for the run-in. One way of conquering nerves is through anger. And let's be angry from the kick off. Cut out this foolish habit we have of conceding the opening goal.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2024, 12:01:36 pm »
The psychological effect a win tomorrow would have on the likes of Arsenal should not be underestimated.

They’re hoping above all hopes that we drop points and must have been wanking themselves into a frenzy at how we played Thursday and listening to everyone writing us off. Aside from being needed by us obviously, the others want us to slip up and give them breathing space or some respite so winning - no matter how - will put the pressure on them more than anything. Arsenal especially.

Showing we won’t go away and showing that we’re not done means winning tomorrow is essential as I can pretty much guarantee that the other two will drop points. In other words, we don’t want to be the ones who blink first.

Forget Thursday - it’s gone and was a prefect storm of things that all went wrong… Firnly believe that it won’t  happen again and that was the low point. Move on and whoever puts the shirt on tomorrow that played Thursday gets full backing and not dragged through the shit based on that one game. They need us more than anything now and we need them. How anyone can talk of us being out of the race when we’re joint fucking top still is quite frankly unreal, so stop throwing in the towel so easily. It’s quite pathetic.

And should the unthinkable happen and we do lose or draw tomorrow, then fuck it. We’ll still be in it. Stop the negativity and hand wringing and do what Jurgen said we needed to be: Believers. Superfan, blah, blah , blah, but I’ve got enough negativity and stress in my life personally and although was totally gutted about Thursday am not going to let that ruin what has been an absolutely amazing season so far. Fuck this “we’re out of it” and the constant dissecting of the failings bollocks. Concentrate on throwing the largest monkey wrench into the works as we can.

Fuck Thursday. Fuck Arsenal. Fuck City. Definitely Fuck PGMOL. Fuck ‘em all. Win tomorrow and see the grins and back slapping after seeing us fail fall away. Fuck it all with the negativity. Stop overanalysing FFS. Tomorrow is a chance to put everything right again. Then see what happens in the away leg next week.

Bring it.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2024, 12:07:26 pm »
Showing we won’t go away and showing that we’re not done means winning tomorrow is essential as I can pretty much guarantee that the other two will drop points. In other words, we don’t want to be the ones who blink first.

Errr we already did blink first.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2024, 12:20:22 pm »
Backs to the walls. It's often a position when we've produced our best.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2024, 12:24:11 pm »
I'm not a betting person, but stuck a little bet on us getting a red card tomorrow.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2024, 12:26:09 pm »
Will take a nervy 1-0 win.  Any win will do after the last two games

We'd take that - but if that is the case then you can see that we are probably unlikely to win the title without both a massive uptick in form and others really helping us out.

I noted this earlier - take out the xG - but we really haven't clicked since the break. Brighton, Sheffield, Manu, Atalanta - all pretty disjointed games where we huffed and puffed but had trouble putting them away. And of course we didn't put Manu or Atalanta away.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2024, 01:01:55 pm »
it was a fabulous goal as well.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2024, 01:03:08 pm »
I have no idea what to expect.

Don't see much changing but would love a convincing 3 - 0 win with all our goals before half time. Players really need to respond.
as does the crowd.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2024, 01:04:59 pm »
We'd take that - but if that is the case then you can see that we are probably unlikely to win the title without both a massive uptick in form and others really helping us out.

I noted this earlier - take out the xG - but we really haven't clicked since the break. Brighton, Sheffield, Manu, Atalanta - all pretty disjointed games where we huffed and puffed but had trouble putting them away. And of course we didn't put Manu or Atalanta away.

I think the Brighton performance got lumped in and it isnt fair. I thought we were good for 80% of that game. Got done with a sucker punch, had some issues which we worked out through the game, continued to fashion chances throught, built sustained periods of pressure and looked likely to score throughout.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2024, 01:05:07 pm »
People's heads are going to fall off when Quansah inevitably starts. I'd prepare for that to be the case.

I think it's at the point where some ppl lose their shit no matter who is in the lineup.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2024, 01:12:44 pm »
We almost certainly won't see him again this season, but it's a bit of a shame - he definitely has something about him. His goal in the U21s game was brilliant. The guy certainly doesn't lack confidence or willingness to try things. Personally, I'd like to see him at least in the squad for Atalanta away.

He won't feature when the senior forwards are all fit. Would have played him off the bench more last few games though. He's fearless and full of confidence in front of goal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2024, 01:23:16 pm »
Cheers all.

Bring on Sunday, lets take those points.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2024, 01:34:32 pm »
Not only do we need to win but I think we need to show the rest how good we actually are, feels like we've been stuttering a bit recently

Need to tighten up a bit at the back as well, a clean sheet would be welcome

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2024, 02:16:18 pm »
I think the Brighton performance got lumped in and it isnt fair. I thought we were good for 80% of that game. Got done with a sucker punch, had some issues which we worked out through the game, continued to fashion chances throught, built sustained periods of pressure and looked likely to score throughout.

We were really good against United first half as well and parts of the 2nd until the mistake. We were so dominant but just didn't take our chances or the final ball was poor. Apart from Thursday we have been good generally but just not clinical enough in front of goal. Thursday everything went to shit.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2024, 04:53:11 pm »
Just go out and hammer them please

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2024, 04:56:34 pm »
A Van Dijk header from a corner in the first 15mins as a nerve settler, then get the second a breath.

Would be nice if we start strong, with focus, finish our chances then manage the game.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2024, 04:59:00 pm »
In the first half of that game, we were forcing it which led to the counters that they had. Iur performance imprived in the second half and we showed more patience. We just couldn't get the third goal but we were frantic when trying to see it out by fircing it and giving them counter attack opportunities.

IMO, our best performance recently was the FA cup game against United because we looked calm and confident. We looked like we knew we'd win.

I want us to get back to that tomorrow and rebuild our confidence. A decent margin of the scoreline and a very good performance will really help (even though a win is all that's needed). More confidence and nobody can write us off in the second leg of the Atalanta game IF we get an early goal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 05:00:45 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2024, 05:00:54 pm »
In the first half of that game, we were forcing it which led to the counters that they had. Iur performance imprived in the second half and we showed more patience. We just couldn't get the third goal but we were frantic when trying to see it out by fircing it and giving them counter attack opportunities.

IMO, our best performance recently was the FA cup game against United because we looked calm and confident. We looked like we knew we'd win.

No way we gave up far clearer chances in that FA Cup game compared to any game since bar Atalanta.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2024, 05:03:56 pm »
No way we gave up far clearer chances in that FA Cup game compared to any game since bar Atalanta.
I felt that even at 0-1, we were very confident and we gradually wrestled back control and restricted them to nothing. If it were played in our current form, we'd have forced passes and got done on the counter.

The result is important tomorrow but the performance as well because we need to get back to that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2024, 05:10:20 pm »
I felt that even at 0-1, we were very confident and we gradually wrestled back control and restricted them to nothing. If it were played in our current form, we'd have forced passes and got done on the counter.

The result is important tomorrow but the performance as well because we need to get back to that.

Sorry but you were watching a different game. They had clear chances and even beat us on xG. Our goals came from a couple of deflections.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2024, 05:16:11 pm »
Sorry but you were watching a different game. They had clear chances and even beat us on xG. Our goals came from a couple of deflections.
We controlled the game very well. Mac hardly broke a sweat. He was just spreading it around.

They had a late flurry. I was very happy with the performance despite the result. In terms of xG, we can agree to disagree on that but I won't go into detail on that because I've done so on several occasions.

On to tomorrow!