Author Topic: Liverpool 2-2 Man City: Full time....  (Read 66762 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 2-2 Man City: Full time....
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:40 pm »
fucking hell, what a mistake....like a 15 year old player... fumming here..we could have won this.

i feel positive though, to many very young players played a great match.. Coates, Kelly, Shelvey, Sterling and Borini are all not older than 21 years..wich is great and they were not worse than the oposite champions players...

the draw hurts especially becouse we handed them both their goals..

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »
Feel like the players can take a lot away from that, even though it didn't end the way we hoped.  Small moments.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:45 pm »
Good performance. Dissapointed with the result but heartening performance. Also Joe Allen is class. Raheem's got a big future.
Hope Lucas is fine.
Bring on L'Arse.

Offline skribble

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:47 pm »
Yeah unlucky on Skyrtel, but I guess these things are going to happen in a transition. 

Glad was him over Coates though if that makes any sense, think Skyrtel has leeway with the fans whereas everyone would be on Coates' back.  Think Coates had a good game.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:51 pm »
Cracking game but what was Michael Berryman thinking with that back pass??!!

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »
Brilliant performance, the fact they were time wasting at the end said it all. Have to cut out the stupid mistakes though.

Offline huh123abc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »
Should have fucking won that one!  :no

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »
Sterling great! whoever paid 20 million for downing needs to hang their head in shame! :butt
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:00 pm »
At least we can quite clearly see some progress here.

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »
Phew we're out of the relegation zone

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »
Superb performance.

Fuck the ref and fuck our luck.

Very optimistic for this season though. Rodgers' selection was spot on for me and we more than deserved to win.

Well in.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »
Very good performance undone by silly individual mistakes. Proud of the overall approach though, especially given Lucas' early injury and the inexperience of some of the players. If we continue to perform at that level, things will begin to turn in our favour. Allen is boss.

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »
It's a shame but we played well.

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »
We should've won, but we didn't. But hey, we scored two goals from setpieces and drew level with the league champions when half of the people on this forum wrote us off. I think a draw is okay.

What I'm really arsed about was the ref not giving us any decisions and booking Suarez. Does that mean that Suarez is out for the next match now?
YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »
Gutted for the loss, proud of the team. Thought everyone played well. Marriner was shit.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »
Looked very good, two retarded errors as per the two of the goals vs WBA, cut those out and we're fine, City deserved fuck all.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:12 pm »
Didn't see the game because I'm on holiday. Very pleased to hear that we played well and got a draw.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:16 pm »
Shot ourselves in the foot not once, but twice.

I should be proud of that performance and how we played but very frustrated at how we conceded.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:16 pm »
Excellent team performance. Really outstanding. Pressed them all over the pitch. Kept a terrfic tempo.

Man City will be leaving today feeling like they've been in a dogfight. We need to make sure each and every team who come to Anfield this season know that feeling.

Joe Allen was the standout for me. Composed, cultured and unflappable. Stunningly mature and effective performance.

The only negative for me: Reina is living on his reputation at this point.

It's hard to say. Hard to admit...but it's true, for me at least. Forget the flapping - did anyone, hand on heart, expect him to stop Tevez one-on-one? Granted, that was at best a 50/50 shot for him - but I just have no faith in him actually making a save these days. I know I'm not the only one.

I've been as guilty as anyone for glossing over the Reina 'situation' because he seems like such a genuinely good bloke, but it's becoming a real issue for us.

Offline Latino Heat

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:18 pm »
Should of won, disappointing to concede those two goals... Sterling must play vs Arsenal, was super today.

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
No Carragher. No Adam. No Spearing. No passengers.
Rodgers is the real deal.
Onwards and upwards. We're going to compete this year
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
Wonderful performance. BR, well done for playing Raheem the whole match.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:25 pm »
Shame a great performance if we play with that much work rate and commitment for the rest of the season we wont go to far wrong.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TheCharlatan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »
We need referees who know what they're doing in this league. Good performance, 1 point against the Champions is not a bad result. Very impressed with Shelvey, Allen, Sterling, Coates.

Borini had a rough game but I was very disappointed with our Captain. Was sloppy in the middle of the park and was only barely redeemed by that peach of a corner.

Will not talk about that Skrtel pass, my blood pressure is getting high

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »
Disappointing result. Fantastic performance.

Not really too many negatives other than the two brain farts of the goals we conceded. Devastated though.

Fucking hell Joe Allen though. Tell you what, I want to see that lad in a red shirt for the next 10 years. So smart.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »
On the brink of a nervous breakdown.2 stupid mistakes cost us the win.Encouraged by the overall play but what a stupid way to drop points.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »
On another note, I thought Carroll looked very lively in his brief stint. Fucking wish he'd buried that header.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »
Not seeing what everyone else saw to be honest. We were busy but I didn't think we looked great. Both goals were shockers and dzeko really ought to have buried that chance when 2-2 so all in all im happy with the point

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »
Very encouraging signs. Can't do nothing about the one fuckup but performances like this will bring in the three points regularly.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »
Great performance but we only have ourselves to blame for gifting them both goals. Should and could have been a win...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Liverpool 2-2 Man City
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »
Feels like a loss in all honesty but if you are not encouraged by that performance then fuck knows what anyone expects. Fantastic apart from two gaffes, onwards and upwards.

Absolutely. On the basis of this game, we can beat anyone in this league at Anfield.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:46 pm »
silly mistake cost us 2 goals but performance was very good.  Glad Raheem played the whole game, it will do good for his confidence.

I hope they keep it like this even against "smaller" teams and Boroni need to find his shooting boots quick.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »
Gutted; a very good, lively, and proper Liverpool Football Club like performance; apart from the gift wrapped goals

Hope Lucas is okay
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »
So disappointed with the result. We really need to stop these silly mistakes.

Still on the bright side, we played very well. Sterling and Allen especially. Hope it's a sign of better things to come.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »
Kind of disappointed with the result. We had them in our pocket but made two mistakes which they profited from.

Argh such a shame.

Apart from that we were good.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »
Mistakes like Skrtel's will happen early on as players get adjusted. Under any other previous manager, he likely would have wellied it upfield. That's fine.

The midfield three were porous after Lucas went off. Allen did his job very well, the other two were ok with the ball, not very good without it. Don't want to see Shelvey and Gerrard form 2 of the 3 too often, if they do, and it's Allen doing the bruntwork, he'll break down, the way Lucas did.

Decent performance, Sterling will now feel he belongs at this level, Allen's quality isn't something new, Borini really should be in Luis's positions in the first half. Onwards.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »
disappointing really. We didn't score from open play again, and played shit defense. I think its ok to knock it out for a throw in with 10 minutes left.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »
VERY unlucky not to win this although I probably would have settled for a point at the beginning against the Champions.

Our defence looks much improved yet we still gifted them their goals. Still some kinks to be ironed out but that is to be expected. Gerrard and Shelvey gave much better accounts of themselves this game and Gerrard was a lot more disciplined in his performance. Respect for his opponents or Rodgers made a breakthrough? Allen was outstanding and my choice for man of the match. Razza was excellent in his first premiership start. Suarez scored a cracker but still doesn´t look match sharp yet. Nor Borini. Kelly was outstanding first half then just seemed to fall apart for their first and never recovered. Enrique looked excellent and gave us good balance. We still have Assaidi and Sahin to add to the mix. Excellent game by Liverpool and hopefully we stop hitting that panic button in the knee jerk threads for a while.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
Fantastic performance. We never looked solid enough defensively to not give up any dangerous chances.

Definitely something to build from but to make the top four from here we need to produce points. Gerrard and Suarez was brilliant. Allen looked solid. 

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »
gutted, feels like 2 points dropped but it was defo a encouraging performance, cant believe sterling is only 17 years old and joe allen is a fucking beast of a player!