Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 487747 times)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Sign Nuri Sahin
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »
Go on then .... who would you have bought (and paid every week) for £5M that could be adequate cover for Lucas ?
He will be more than cover for Lucas.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:08 pm »
Not so. Why didn't Arsenal take him eh?

4 short years ago we were twatting Madrid, now we are just a fucking crèche for maureen.

Give over. A creche? Did you ever stop to think we only wanted a loan signing, and asked on the availability of Sahin?

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »
I'm expecting a heavy and superb reception for Sahin when he makes his debut. Heck, we must sing out hearts out,
and let Sahin know, you won't be getting this anywhere else.  ;)

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:34 pm »
Wasn't a comment on Sahin if that's what you think. I'll be honest I know fuck all about him. But the legitimacy of my post stands whether you like it or not.

No it doesn't.  Likelihood is the fee includes the proportion of the wages we'll pay for the year, and even if it doesn't, as others have said, this guy would be an absolute steel for £20m on a 4-year deal.  Do the maths.

Also, as you know 'fuck all about him', how are you in a position to legitimately value him?
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:36 pm »
Just need a good striker or ...someone behind the midfield, to strengthen the engine...

awesome signing, but it wont work if there is yet a gap or something missing in the engine.... everything clicks when everything is filled properly.

Dempsey, Sturridge... or someone there... (prefer Dempsey)... then the team is complete!!!!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2012, 12:15:26 pm »
FFS it's not a 5m loan fee. We're paying 70% of his wages which works out to be 5m

Doesn't it actually work out to be less than 4.2m, if all the figures are to be believed.

I'm sceptical about the wage quoted.  Seems a little high to me.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2012, 12:16:02 pm »
Why don't you wait until the end of the season before seeing if you still feel we're only getting peanuts?

Na, it's much more fun judging players at the start of the season. We've already started with Borini, we don't think he's gonna make it based on his Hearts performance. You should give it a go, it's great fun!
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline aseemdh

• Kemlynite
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »
Could turn out to be an inspired signing. Very little risk involved !

Completely out of left field though, nobody had a clue about this.  ;D

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2012, 12:16:58 pm »
Really excited about this one, and really impressed we beat Arsenal to him

Good Luck Nuri Sahin

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »
Absolutely fucking stoked. Has any decent player ever come here and never enjoyed themselves?

10 months time, he'll be strolling of the pitch in Anfield and a standing ovation from a Fez wearing Kop will mean he'll be delaying his return to Spain.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »
Doesn't it actually work out to be less than 4.2m, if all the figures are to be believed.

I'm sceptical about the wage quoted.  Seems a little high to me.
\
About 4,368,000 to be exact. He's on 120,000 at RM
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »
Like jooney, I nearly always agree with your posts jaffod but you've just said yourself that you don't have a clue about him, yet before this you just posted:

Why don't you wait until the end of the season before seeing if you still feel we're only getting peanuts? The guy is absoloutely top class and as over the top and dramatic the ''won the Bundesliga on his own'' comment is, he was comfortably the best player in the league that year and the standout performer in a fantastic Dortmund side. If he is the difference between us pushing on into the CL places then he'll be more than worth what is ironically essentially peanuts in comparison to qualifying for the European Cup.

Mate, the peanuts comment wasn't aimed at Sahin and I've already made that clear since. It was just a throwaway line on how we historically get bent over with regards to any transfer dealings. That's all it was.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2012, 12:19:02 pm »
Welcome Nuri... your challenge this year is to fire us into the top 4.  Do that and we might consider buying you for good  ;)

Can't believe Arsenal missed out cause they weren't willing to pay a large portion of the wages.  how much do they earn from that stadium?!

Hopefully his first game will be against Arsenal!!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »
FFS it's not a 5m loan fee. We're paying 70% of his wages which works out to be 5m
Where did you get that from pal?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »
I cannot believe some people are actually moaning about this signing.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2012, 12:20:43 pm »
I dont know where people are getting this 5 million loan fee from. Its not true.

Anyway he is class, we have a top midfield now!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »
Best bit of new's from the whole summer for me.Sahin was the standout player for Dortmund.imo.

We have the making of a decent team,still need a striker though.

Welcome to Liverpool lad.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »
No it doesn't.  Likelihood is the fee includes the proportion of the wages we'll pay for the year, and even if it doesn't, as others have said, this guy would be an absolute steel for £20m on a 4-year deal.  Do the maths.

Also, as you know 'fuck all about him', how are you in a position to legitimately value him?

Another one misinterpreting posts and seeing things that aren't there. We haven't been very savvy in the transfer market over the last 20 years...that was the point I was making. Hope that clears things up for you all.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »
We have to consider also that if we get CL and Madrid decide to sell then we may have a fantastic chance of signing him permanently.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:44 pm »
Alot of options in the midfield now. Our midfield will be great! We will be great  8)

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2012, 12:23:03 pm »
I do hope his injury problems are behind him, he'll have to be sharp to play in this league.

He was injured 6-8 weeks in 3 years and that happened 9 months ago. He should be fine.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »
I cannot believe some people are actually moaning about this signing.

I can. Some people on this site will actually moan about anything

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:07 pm »
\
About 4,368,000 to be exact. He's on 120,000 at RM

Have you got a link for that?  Not disbelieving just be interested to know where you got his wage from.  I heard it was 115k per week... google actually lists his salary at 4m euros.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »
Will he wear No. 4?

He might......then again he might not!

Welcome Nuri and the very best of luck son!

Offline Anton_LFC_

• Main Stander
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2012, 12:26:05 pm »
Great signing, was immense in Bundesliga before joining Real, hopefully Real Madrid was just a blip and he will be fit!

Be suprised if Adam or Spearing get many more games, they were poor against Hearts, the midfield was so uncreative (despite Adams "amazing" left foot)

Offline Tommy Vercetti

• Benfica Boy
  • Main Stander
  • E Pluribus Unum
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »
Welcome Sahin! YNWA.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »
Will be good seeing him play his football again. Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, Nuri!
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:19 pm »

I can. Some people on this site will actually moan about anything

Have you seen the price of corned beef these days? It's a fucking disgrace.

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »
Pretty sure that's fake mate.
Whoopsie-Doodle.
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »
Made up with this.

Saheeeen, Saheeeen, Saheeeen, Sa-heeen, please don't leave us, just because you can

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »
Here's crazy idea. How about instead of talking bollocks about fees and wages, which we have been asked not to do by a mod, we talk about how he will fit in to our style of play and what he brings to the team? I personally havent seen him play, but from what I have read, despite his poor season at Madrid, he can be a great player.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
Mate, the peanuts comment wasn't aimed at Sahin and I've already made that clear since. It was just a throwaway line on how we historically get bent over with regards to any transfer dealings. That's all it was.
Fair enough, and yes I do agree with you that we(particularly over the last few years) have certainly been paying far too much for certain players. As has already been said though, 20 million for Sahin on a 4 year contract would be a bargain aswell so although it'll be frustrating to lose him at the end of the season I don't think we're getting ripped off on this deal and thats if it even is 5 million we're paying. Nobody really knows. Either way, I'd rather we went the extra mile to get someone of Sahin's quality rather than spend half that on a completely inferior player. He's going to be a brilliant player for us over the course of the season and could play a huge part in us getting back into the CL and thats the most important thing.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »
“He’s a technician who can tactically participate in the game, which is important. He understands how to control games. He’s dynamic, he’s industrious and he possesses great quality.”

The stand out word there for me.
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »
How is Shelvey Lucas's backup? The guy is no where near good enough to do that.

We have bought two midfielders that don't do what we need, cover for Lucas and someone that can create behind the striker in the three in midfield.

Shelvey won't be considered Lucas's backup, Allen would be the one who would cover that role when Lucas is rested and would do just fine at it.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2012, 12:29:04 pm »
Wow-oh wow-oh wow-oh... We've got the best midfield in the world.
We've got Lucas Leiva, Nuri Sahin, Gerard and Joe Allen.

Got to be based on the old Ronny Rosenthal song.

Offline Sim6

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »
Just need dempsey now and i'll be happy

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2012, 12:31:21 pm »
I like this signing. We get a quality player without paying insane money. This is the way forward.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »
Anyone who watched this lad at Dortmund will know we've signed an absolute gem.

Terrific left foot, energy and a pure playmaker. Magic. Made up.
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:07 pm »
Great news about the Sahin loan, he will make the team better...now i realy wonder what will be done about Gerrard...

midfield of Lucas - Allen - Sahin could be a great one for Rodgers style..

we still need a striker and sorting out the left back..

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:18 pm »
Great signing but 5 million quid for ONE season loan?  Am I missing something here?

Crazy money.

Crazy money or as it is known more commonly footballer's salaries, there has been no credible source saying that we are paying anything other than a higher percentage of his salary than arsenal were prepared to pay and no, bitter arsenal fans do not count as a credible source.