Author Topic: It's Snowing!!  (Read 305298 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: It's Snowing!!
« Reply #4080 on: March 3, 2018, 11:43:03 am »
My friend has just cancelled my event in Bristol as she says its at a stand still. Great news. Iam off the pub today.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4081 on: March 3, 2018, 11:59:48 am »
It's now almost 48 hours since I left my house. (Apart from taking two steps outside the door with a brush, sticking it into the ground and going 'yeah, that's pretty deep' which hardly counts).
It's basically like Christmas in my house, except without a tree. I'm eating almost every hour, binge watching Netflix and now am worried cos I've ran out of booze. Might even have to leave the house later today to replenish stocks.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: March 3, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »
It's now almost 48 hours since I left my house. (Apart from taking two steps outside the door with a brush, sticking it into the ground and going 'yeah, that's pretty deep' which hardly counts).
It's basically like Christmas in my house, except without a tree. I'm eating almost every hour, binge watching Netflix and now am worried cos I've ran out of booze. Might even have to leave the house later today to replenish stocks.
You're too late pal, the shelves are empty    :)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4083 on: March 3, 2018, 12:22:47 pm »
Thank you Michael Fish.
its a pleasure,Ant & Dec xx

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: March 3, 2018, 01:07:51 pm »
My housemate was due to be away near Bristol for the weekend, and is now stuck here. I like her and everything, but FFS

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4085 on: March 3, 2018, 04:16:08 pm »
My housemate was due to be away near Bristol for the weekend, and is now stuck here. I like her and everything, but FFS

Everything happens for a reason mate. This could be love.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4086 on: March 3, 2018, 04:16:27 pm »

No pulling the head off it in the lounge then huh!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4087 on: March 3, 2018, 05:13:23 pm »
Haven't read the whole thread but several news items are showing people skiing to work. Rather than my taxes being spent on griiting and snow ploughs I would prefer if the money was disbursed by employing small gangs of elite martial art experts and station one mob say every square mile. On recognising a person skiing to work or shop the council would give the go-ahead for the Kung Fu wizard to approach the skier and punch them square in the face , remove their ski's and use them to pummel the bastards.

Same goes for the ostentatious attention seeking twats who paddle down the High St in their canoe when the town has been flooded , hoping to be filmed and have their three seconds of fame on East Anglia News at 6. They would be harder to reach to punch so the council would need to employ snipers to shoot them in the back.

:D - grifter

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: March 3, 2018, 05:49:43 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4089 on: March 4, 2018, 11:51:47 am »
Pissing down now, glad I didn't bother clearing the drive!!!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: March 4, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
Think I'd rather have the snow.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4091 on: March 8, 2018, 07:28:25 am »
So it's just started out of nowhere and it's pretty thick like, more than last week.

Wasn't even forecasted

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4092 on: March 8, 2018, 07:34:29 am »
So it's just started out of nowhere and it's pretty thick like, more than last week.

Wasn't even forecasted

Yeah - wasn't expecting to wake up to this.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4093 on: March 8, 2018, 08:04:16 am »
kin ell....spring and daffodils yesterday....deepest, whitest mid-winter today
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: March 8, 2018, 08:15:17 am »
Forecast said 8 degrees C!

Not gonna last sadly, will be gone by the time I'm out of work. :(
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: March 8, 2018, 08:18:51 am »
I didn’t expect snow today, it doesn’t even feel that cold due to little wind, yet the snow seems thicker and longer lasting than the snow last week.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4096 on: March 8, 2018, 09:10:58 am »
Another walk to work, bedlam on the roads around here.  Be gone by mid afternoon.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: March 8, 2018, 11:16:49 am »
Was raining heavily until 20 to 9, started walking the kids to school and you could see small white flakes, was full on massive flakes by the time I was walking home. Nothing stuck and its all gone now

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4098 on: March 8, 2018, 11:32:06 am »
At 5am it was raining, 6.15am a covering, 8am about 2 inches, drove to Wigan which was about 3 inches deep, mostly gone now and sun coming out. This is pathetic though...list of school closures.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/snow-school-closures-liverpool-wirral-14341734
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: March 8, 2018, 11:38:10 am »
Yeah, it's sunny and the snow's mostly gone around here from what I can see.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4100 on: March 8, 2018, 06:28:48 pm »

Wasn't even forecasted

So it wasn't just me thinking that!  Talk about a wtf moment!  But it was already slush by the time I left the house and it was pretty much all gone by noon.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4101 on: March 8, 2018, 06:29:45 pm »
Forecast is for rising temperatures and winds from the WSW for pretty much the whole country over the next few days. Spring will spring. Boing.

Midday Saturday, for exaple, sees the 528 partial thickness line (the one meteorologists call "the snow line") waaaaaay north of the UK. Indeed, the 546 line, which heralds so-called "normal" temperatures for us, straddle the Borders.

There might be a sting in the tail come Monday/Tuesday as that low pulls away and drags some Returning Polar Maritime air into the country but the winds are likely again to be coming from a relatively mild Atlantic Ocean.......and there's another low mid-Atlantic waiting to come in.

Looks like the jetstream is favourable for winter's end, folks.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1520636400
« Last Edit: March 8, 2018, 06:33:34 pm by 24/7 »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: March 8, 2018, 07:07:17 pm »
Thanks very much, resident meteorologist. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: March 8, 2018, 08:29:04 pm »
Forecast is for rising temperatures and winds from the WSW for pretty much the whole country over the next few days. Spring will spring. Boing.

Midday Saturday, for exaple, sees the 528 partial thickness line (the one meteorologists call "the snow line") waaaaaay north of the UK. Indeed, the 546 line, which heralds so-called "normal" temperatures for us, straddle the Borders.

There might be a sting in the tail come Monday/Tuesday as that low pulls away and drags some Returning Polar Maritime air into the country but the winds are likely again to be coming from a relatively mild Atlantic Ocean.......and there's another low mid-Atlantic waiting to come in.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1520636400

I've got 2 photos I took 12 months apart, 7:30 am March 24th 2012 and 8:00 am March 23rd 2013, both of the temp display in the truck, it was 1c in 2012 and then 18c in 2013. A bit of the latter this year would be boss.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4104 on: March 8, 2018, 11:08:12 pm »

Cheers Carol Kirkwood.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: March 9, 2018, 07:59:36 am »
Cheers Carol Kirkwood.
She cracks me up. Still, it could have been worse..........

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: March 9, 2018, 09:34:55 am »
Is it possible for snow to disappear by skipping the ice stage?

What if the sun was too bright? I can cope traveling in snow, it's the ice I hate.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4107 on: March 9, 2018, 09:43:31 am »

What if the sun was too bright? I can cope traveling in snow, it's the ice I hate.
Snow has an albedo of 0.98, which means it reflects 98% of the sunlight it receives. The Earth has an average albedo of 0.39. The determining factor therefore is more to with atmospheric ambient temperature. It is possible for snow to bugger off before turning to ice, technically - it all depends on how rapidly it can evaporate. Contrary to popular belief, direct sunlight does not heat the atmosphere - it's to do with the difference between short and long wave radiation. The sun heats the earth and the earth radiates that heat back out - that's what affects ambient air temperature - and that's why we measure temperature "in the shade". Snow reflects 98% of the ight back - but it can do fuck all against the radiated heat coming out of the ground - which is why it appears to take snow forever to vanish........

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: March 9, 2018, 11:47:02 am »

Yeah, that is what happened here last week. We had very dry snow, dry air, and sunshine, the snow just disappered again without its usual transformation to slush and ice.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: March 9, 2018, 11:57:48 am »
Yeah, that is what happened here last week. We had very dry snow, dry air, and sunshine, the snow just disappered again without its usual transformation to slush and ice.
Lower humidity plus rapid re-radiation of heat into the air = faster evaopration :thumbup

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4110 on: March 9, 2018, 12:29:00 pm »

The rear of our house faces south and our side of the street at the front doesn't get any sun until the middle of summer, so all the snow had in the road and across the road had gone, but our side was solid snow and icy.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #4111 on: March 9, 2018, 09:36:23 pm »
My Thursday:

- Set off at 6 for work
- Sit in car for hours
- Piss into a coffee cup in car
- Nearly shit myself
- Abandoned car
- Scamper across snowy empty car park to get to toilet at shopping centre
- Experience the most significant evacuation since Dunkirk
- Head home
- Sit in traffic for hours
- Round trip = 5 hours

Loving life ❣

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: March 29, 2018, 02:53:32 pm »
I'm dreaming of a White Easter.........

Enjoy that. Some of you will!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4113 on: March 29, 2018, 04:03:27 pm »

ouch!

I'm dreaming of a White Easter.........

Enjoy that. Some of you will!
i really hope not
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: March 29, 2018, 04:08:27 pm »
ouch!
 i really hope not
Have seen a yellow warning for snow on Monday in the Leicester area, so I imagine anywhere east of there will be looking at some white stuff. MK, Liverpool and N Wales all have similar temperatures/wind direction, so there's a small chance of there too, maybe not at sea level though.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4115 on: March 29, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »
Have seen a yellow warning for snow on Monday in the Leicester area, so I imagine anywhere east of there will be looking at some white stuff. MK, Liverpool and N Wales all have similar temperatures/wind direction, so there's a small chance of there too, maybe not at sea level though.
ill be between belfast and dublin, kindas sick of the bad weather to be honest

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: March 29, 2018, 04:25:24 pm »
ill be between belfast and dublin, kindas sick of the bad weather to be honest
You should be okay there for most of the holiday weekend. Mainly dry and bitter, increasingly cold and windy. Rather like Arlene Foster then........ :-X

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
Staying generally unsettled, cold and frosty, with further rain for most. Driest in the northwest. Heavy rain in the south may turn to snow across England and Wales on Monday.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

That said, I just did a specific for Belfast International Airport and they're forecasting snow on Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday!!!

Tuesday looks like the most fun :wave https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcewftffc#?date=2018-04-03
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:37:35 pm by 24/7 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: March 29, 2018, 04:26:24 pm »
Been one long sodding winter this.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: March 29, 2018, 04:32:25 pm »

foster haha

thanks for looking up

heard theres snow on tuesday alright

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: March 29, 2018, 04:39:47 pm »
foster haha

thanks for looking up

heard theres snow on tuesday alright
I'll never forget one Saturday morning watching the usual matchday build up on Grandstand. At one point there'd be a weather forecast by the usual suspects. This time it was Rob McElwee, a renowned prankster. It was a steamingly humid day. He spoke a lot about the effects of it but then ended with the immortal classic, "Speaking of hot air then, back to Des in the Grandstand studio!"

Cue Des Lynam looking furious........ :lmao