Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2608285 times)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs: fucking useless
« Reply #29240 on: May 31, 2023, 05:53:23 pm »
Looks like Postecoglou is the one they want. Would be happy enough that he’d pose no danger. Jury is still very much out on him, he’s coached in bum leagues and qualifying for a World Cup in Asia is no achievement.

He may or may not be a good appointment for Spurs, but feels a bit Nuno-ish in that Spurs are having to once again 'settle' on their second, third or fourth choice manager after some publicly humiliating rejections from their top choices.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29241 on: May 31, 2023, 06:04:19 pm »
I wouldnt leave celtic to go to spurs. He ll be sacked in a year. Worst job right now spurs,  no chelsea type money to buy themselves out of trouble, an ageing team with the best player on the verge of leaving. A midtable team with CL expectations. I know it’s difficult to turn down but would be bad for his career.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #29242 on: May 31, 2023, 06:23:18 pm »
I wouldnt leave celtic to go to spurs. He ll be sacked in a year. Worst job right now spurs,  no chelsea type money to buy themselves out of trouble, an ageing team with the best player on the verge of leaving. A midtable team with CL expectations. I know it’s difficult to turn down but would be bad for his career.
I haven't been monitoring their finances but it'll be interesting to see how much the cost of the new ground impacts their transfer kitty.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #29243 on: May 31, 2023, 09:25:21 pm »
I reckon any manager even considering going there at the moment would need their heads feeling.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #29244 on: May 31, 2023, 09:53:39 pm »
I reckon any manager even considering going there at the moment would need their heads feeling.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man

Captain dickhead reporting for duty!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #29245 on: May 31, 2023, 10:21:33 pm »
Cometh the hour, cometh the man

Captain dickhead reporting for duty!

;D

My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29246 on: June 1, 2023, 12:00:25 am »
Looks like Postecoglou is the one they want. Would be happy enough that he’d pose no danger. Jury is still very much out on him, he’s coached in bum leagues and qualifying for a World Cup in Asia is no achievement.

He is a bit of a gamble (highly unproven). But his style of play and dominance in those leagues was impressive. Can be a good manager at Spurs too if he can get them playing his style of football.

Thought Potter would have been a good fit for Spurs too.

They will still need a rebuild though no matter who the manager is. Besides Kane, Son and Romero there just isn't any quality in that team. They haven't really replaced Dembele and Erikson in that midfield and the defense is much worse than in days of Verthongen and Alderwiereld.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29247 on: June 1, 2023, 04:48:35 am »
Aussie here so i will fight you all over Ange  ;D.  Love him and would be gutted if he went there.  Just a horrible setup for him.  He won't get the support or time to get a team playing the way he wants and he'll probably lose his chance to manage another big club. 

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #29248 on: June 1, 2023, 10:05:01 am »
Don’t think Ange will go to spurs. He’s not an idiot and he’ll be on a hiding to nothing there. I hope he doesn’t either because he’ll get whatever team he manages doing damage. He’s a great manager, he’s only question mark is working with absolute elite players who’ve come through top European academies from 6yo. I think that’s a different sauce to what he has cooked with so far.

I watched his teams in Australia, and he was managing while I was living in japan, his teams are always the fittest in the league and seem to have a way of playing exactly the way their opposition find most uncomfortable.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29249 on: June 1, 2023, 10:14:10 am »
If I were him, the only way I'd move to Spurs would be if Kane is on his way. He goes there as it is and its the same players and set up thats failed time and time again.. He'll have to play the same way and expectations will be high. At Celtic he plays Kyogo up front. He's quick, zippy, full of beans. He'll want that high energy football at Spurs. Kane is a quality player obviously, but I'm not convinced he suits how Postecoglu would want to play

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29250 on: June 3, 2023, 01:57:45 am »
I don’t follow much football other than Liverpool anymore. Mother of Jesus I didn’t realise it was this bad for them. They are fucked for the foreseeable going by the below.

https://youtu.be/cOq2fh-kKNE

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #29251 on: June 3, 2023, 08:14:56 am »
I don’t follow much football other than Liverpool anymore. Mother of Jesus I didn’t realise it was this bad for them. They are fucked for the foreseeable going by the below.

https://youtu.be/cOq2fh-kKNE

Very interesting and some lessons in forward planning for FSG there - not that I want to disrupt this thread. 8)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #29252 on: June 3, 2023, 03:59:34 pm »

Lloris basically wants to leave Spurs...

'Speaking to Nice–Matin about his future, the World Cup winner said: “We have reached an important moment, whether it be for the club or me. It’s the end of an era. I have a desire for something else. I will carefully study what is possible. However, I haven’t forgotten that I have a year left on my contract at Tottenham, and in football, it’s always hard to predict what will happen. Such comments indicate that the former France captain will be looking to switch North London for pastures new come the summer transfer window. Lloris also commented on what type of project he is looking for, stating: “The most important thing is I find a project where I thrive.” Also speaking to Nice–Matin, the Tottenham keeper didn’t rule out a return to his former club OGC Nice.'

^ from: www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/hugo-lloris-confirms-he-is-considering-leaving-tottenham-this-summer
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29253 on: June 4, 2023, 05:27:47 pm »
Postecoglou close to being appointed says Ornstein. Fascinated to see him there, think he’s great. I’d have him high on the Klopp replacement list and this gives him a chance to prove himself at a higher level.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29254 on: June 4, 2023, 05:35:53 pm »
Think it's a really interesting appointment to be honest. I think he comes off really well every time I've heard him speak, and he's managed to successfully put Rangers back in their place.

Fascinated to see if he can make the step up, Gerrard learned the hard way that dominating the SPL is a very different job.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29255 on: June 4, 2023, 05:36:39 pm »
Gone within a year after they get annoyed with attacking but conceding loads and dropping points to shit. Basically Celtic in Europe.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #29256 on: June 4, 2023, 05:51:14 pm »
Hmmm let’s see how this goes.  Sounds like a real punt this.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29257 on: June 4, 2023, 07:25:42 pm »
Postecoglou close to being appointed says Ornstein. Fascinated to see him there, think he’s great. I’d have him high on the Klopp replacement list and this gives him a chance to prove himself at a higher level.

Not that it's anything to do with your point, but he’s older than Klopp. I know nothing of his style of coaching, but this would be a huge step for him if he takes the job. He’s not coached in one of the top league in his long career, but I know he’s come from Australia, so had to do it the hard way regardless!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #29258 on: June 4, 2023, 07:38:22 pm »
Could've been Potter's if he'd just seen the season out at Brighton
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29259 on: June 4, 2023, 09:39:11 pm »
Not that it's anything to do with your point, but he’s older than Klopp. I know nothing of his style of coaching, but this would be a huge step for him if he takes the job. He’s not coached in one of the top league in his long career, but I know he’s come from Australia, so had to do it the hard way regardless!
Postecoglou seems to be doing well, going from Australia to Japan, to Scotland, winning trophies at every place along the way. He might have had a different career had he started in one of the top 5 leagues... I have no clue if he will do well or of the PL is above his level, but I think people underestimate him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29260 on: June 4, 2023, 09:46:20 pm »
I think it's a no brainer if he gets offered the job. He comes over really well and for the first time in years I have actually enjoyed watching Celtic matches, they play some really good stuff.

He needs two things if he goes there though. Time and a clean slate at a club without Kane there. I am sure he will be able to build an adequate squad there without a huge budget. Whether that will be enough for Levy and the fans is another question though.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #29261 on: June 4, 2023, 09:48:26 pm »
fwiw my mate who has a ST at Celtic was calling this (a high-level PL appointment) pretty much as soon as he’d seen them in action under Ange.  I think it was his manner as much as the football in a way, just a really impressive individual.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29262 on: June 4, 2023, 10:37:10 pm »
Hes 57 though, probably 10 years too late to build a reputation. When will he get to the top clubs, when hes 70.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29263 on: June 4, 2023, 10:39:31 pm »
Might as well do it for a chance to manage in the Premier League I guess but, as with everything Spursy, it won't work.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29264 on: June 4, 2023, 10:44:18 pm »
Well as somebody who follows Scottish football closely, I think Ange is a top guy. He is an impressive, no nonsense character, without any bravado that plays brilliant football.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29265 on: June 4, 2023, 10:51:23 pm »
He is a Liverpool and AEK fan too

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29266 on: June 4, 2023, 10:53:13 pm »
Oh Ange what are you doing  :butt.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29267 on: June 4, 2023, 11:07:59 pm »
Oh Ange what are you doing  :butt.
Is that a quote from EastEnders circa 1986?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29268 on: June 4, 2023, 11:10:09 pm »
Nice to see a club avoid the usual suspects and look elsewhere.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #29269 on: June 4, 2023, 11:11:28 pm »

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29270 on: June 4, 2023, 11:38:26 pm »
Nice to see a club avoid the usual suspects and look elsewhere.

they’ve been looking everywhere, never mind eleswhere! Coaches are not exactly beating the door down wanting to manage Spurs.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29271 on: June 4, 2023, 11:48:52 pm »

Excellent. :D

Levy submits a contract offer to Ange.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29272 on: June 4, 2023, 11:55:44 pm »
 Beat him the last time we played against his team albeit it was a friendly in the MGC! :P

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29273 on: June 5, 2023, 12:13:10 am »
Hes 57 though, probably 10 years too late to build a reputation. When will he get to the top clubs, when hes 70.
Some people live their lives in different circumstances than what regular people are used to. For him, that go to three different countries and be successful is his reputation. That’s quite an excellent achievement. He did t have the opportunity to work in a top league throughout his career, maybe he doesn’t have the football education he could have had in England, but that comes with the background. That doesn’t make him less capable. He’s obviously doing something right, perhaps he has fresh ideas how to play. Maybe he won’t reach his ceiling because of where he comes from, but to dismiss him outright because he’s 57 is just ignorant, mate.

Maybe I’m taking a personal stance here, as I’m in the same boat, so to speak. I’m an immigrant in the US and I will never reach the levels of people who came through this system here, regardless of my qualifications. I can't complain, I’ve done pretty well for myself and my family, and I consider my achievement greater than that of most less qualified people holding a better position. But I had to come to terms that I’ll never be treated as if I was a born and bred American and coming through established US institutions.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #29274 on: June 5, 2023, 12:25:18 am »
they’ve been looking everywhere, never mind eleswhere! Coaches are not exactly beating the door down wanting to manage Spurs.

Yep, everyone has turned them down, i said before the issue with Spurs is Daniel Levy, he think's he's a tough shrewd businessman but in reality he's an imbecile, he's fucked the club with weird decisions,  the best manager they had was Mauricio Pochettino, but Levy sacked him couple of months into the 19/20 season after Pochettino had no money to spend, then appointed Mourinho, then sacked him 6 days before a cup final after giving Mourinho no money to spend as well, & a lot of Levy's managerial appointments have been disasters.
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29275 on: June 5, 2023, 12:57:43 am »
Yep, everyone has turned them down, i said before the issue with Spurs is Daniel Levy, he think's he's a tough shrewd businessman but in reality he's an imbecile, he's fucked the club with weird decisions,  the best manager they had was Mauricio Pochettino, but Levy sacked him couple of months into the 19/20 season after Pochettino had no money to spend, then appointed Mourinho, then sacked him 6 days before a cup final after giving Mourinho no money to spend as well, & a lot of Levy's managerial appointments have been disasters.

I agree with you about Levy being a huge part of the issue there. But it’s a bit of a myth that Pochettino wasn’t backed financially, they threw a lot of money at players there. They still do. They haven’t made a significant sale in a while apart from Bergwijn for about 28 mill, but they have spent a lot in the past couple years still, as they did when Pochettino was there. It goes well beyond spending with them though, just seems to be some complete team-wide mental block, plus decision making with transfers seems hugely hit and miss.

Whoever takes over will have a big summer ahead, especially as it seeems likely Kane will leave.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #29276 on: June 5, 2023, 01:29:37 am »
It's Premier League and Spurs. The contract will set him up for life. Has done all he can with Celtic, as Brendan had.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29277 on: June 5, 2023, 07:46:02 am »
I was really impressed by his work with the Australian national team. Good for him; like with Stevie at Villa, it's going to be weird not laughing at Spurs' misfortune but I think I'll manage it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29278 on: June 5, 2023, 08:39:10 am »
Was talking to my mate who's a Celtic season ticket holder, and he does hear some stuff, and he's heard Ange is going to be getting a 500% payrise at Spurs, brings his wages up to £8m per year, very very difficult to turn that down.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29279 on: June 5, 2023, 08:48:47 am »
I doubt he'll be expected to come in and get Top 4 in his first season which should work for him. He'll not come in thinking he's too big for Spurs (see Mourinho and Conte).

All his teams have been easy on the eye and he is pretty shrewd with transfers. Could be a good fit for Spurs.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown