Author Topic: The Wine Thread  (Read 155521 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Wine Thread
« Reply #1560 on: June 21, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »
Getting married next weekend and we decided to order our own wine instead of having the venue provide it. We decided to go with wine that we'd had on some of our travels in the past:

Fizz - Gusborne Brut Reserve, UK

https://www.gusbourne.com/wines/brut-reserve

Red - Porta 6, Portugal

https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/porta-6-15006

White - Intipalka, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

https://www.corneyandbarrow.com/intipalka-sauvignon-blanc-vinas-queirolo-2017-10130102017bt06-1.html

Rose - Groot Constantia, South Africa

https://www.strictlywine.co.uk/south-african-ros/462-groot-constantia-blanc-de-noir-rose-6002113004009.html
This is a great everyday wine.
If you're ever in Calais, Majestic are practically giving it away

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1561 on: June 24, 2018, 12:07:30 am »
That Gusbourne is great mate. Really like it.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: June 24, 2018, 12:08:20 am »
^ I'm going to a wedding there - Healdsburg -  in a couple of weeks and was just reading all the different varieties they have,  from Cabernet Sauvignon to Chardonnay and Merlot too - can't wait. I'm on a bit of a West Coast wine tour this summer, kicking off at the Soter Winery in Oregon for their Solstice party - so loads of Pinot Noir, which they are famous for. If i come across anything exciting or terrible I'll report back :D

There are loads of good juice out there, let me know what you find interesting!

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »
^ I'm going to a wedding there - Healdsburg -  in a couple of weeks and was just reading all the different varieties they have,  from Cabernet Sauvignon to Chardonnay and Merlot too - can't wait. I'm on a bit of a West Coast wine tour this summer, kicking off at the Soter Winery in Oregon for their Solstice party - so loads of Pinot Noir, which they are famous for. If i come across anything exciting or terrible I'll report back :D

I was out in Healdsburg/Sonoma recently. Try out Arista, really welcoming tasting room and great chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Also Ridge Lytton springs, always a great visit and quality wines across the board.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: June 24, 2018, 05:22:12 pm »
I was out in Healdsburg/Sonoma recently. Try out Arista, really welcoming tasting room and great chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Also Ridge Lytton springs, always a great visit and quality wines across the board.

Got to love Ridge, but if you want another great Zin producer to try out look for Bedrock or Carlisle.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: June 24, 2018, 10:53:55 pm »

The Willamette valley is ace, so many cool little wineries and folks making mainly Pinot but some other stuff too. It's all about the dirt isn't it with burgundy - had a spendy bottle, a 2008 Willakenzie, (that's the geologist's name for the sedimentary soil it's grown on)  which was epic, really outstanding. My favourite not so super expensive winery was Mike McNally's Fairsing - who said the Irish don't know how to make wine :D
Spent the weekend hopping around the valley and maybe we were lucky but got to chat to two owners and eat some bbq with another. I don't think Oregon is the most obvious destination for wine tourism but it's definitely worth a day trip if you're in the PNW.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: June 25, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
Big fan of WillaKenzie Estate, and a well aged one too boot. Very nice.

Oregon is a great place for a wine vacation, my boss was just out there and in Walla Walla last month. Meeting the owners or wine makers is not alwaysy easy but this time of year it is a bit easier than trying in August/September as that is crush.

Glad you enjoyed it mate!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: June 27, 2018, 07:46:01 pm »
Wrote a little piece on toasting over the 4th of July.

Includes pictures of you lot burning the old presidential mansion.

Enjoy.

https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/06/27/Toasting-on-the-4th

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: June 29, 2018, 01:09:12 pm »
^ Ha ha - love it.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: June 29, 2018, 02:26:19 pm »
I much prefer red wine to to white, love Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentinian Malbec, Aussie Pinot Noir, and a fair few French and Spanish reds. I have to admit though I do love a Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough. There's something about it, I think it might be gooseberry that gives it such a distinctive flavour. I find that the wines from here are much more vibrant than other Sauvignon Blancs.

Anyway I digress, myself and the wife got a bottle of Whispering Angel rose for our wedding anniversary last week. Given that's about a million degrees celsius in Ireland this week I was going to crack it open this evening. I've heard great things about it. Has anyone else had it? I've only ever had rose once before, about 15 years ago in Plant Hollywood in Barcelona when I was absolutely shitfaced.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: June 29, 2018, 03:21:12 pm »
Wrote a little piece on toasting over the 4th of July.

Includes pictures of you lot burning the old presidential mansion.

Enjoy.

https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/06/27/Toasting-on-the-4th

Nice piece that.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1571 on: June 29, 2018, 08:27:31 pm »
Found a 2010 Charles Smith Syrah on the rack. Looked it up and it's supposed to be a decent wine, but says should be drunk by 2014. Bollocks!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: June 30, 2018, 06:12:36 pm »
Cheers lads.

Found a 2010 Charles Smith Syrah on the rack. Looked it up and it's supposed to be a decent wine, but says should be drunk by 2014. Bollocks!

Bollocks indeed, his wines age great, had my mitts on some King Coal and Royal City a while back, both were fantastic!

He is insane by the way, Charles, and his family are crazy/cool as well.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1573 on: July 1, 2018, 02:26:44 am »
Cheers lads.

Bollocks indeed, his wines age great, had my mitts on some King Coal and Royal City a while back, both were fantastic!

He is insane by the way, Charles, and his family are crazy/cool as well.
Ah nice one C_T...thanks that’s the local knowledge i needed.

I actually meant bollocks as in ‘I’m an idiot’ (not ‘they’re talking rubbidh’) but glad to hear it’s potentially still drinkable.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: July 1, 2018, 02:48:41 pm »
Ah nice one C_T...thanks that’s the local knowledge i needed.

I actually meant bollocks as in ‘I’m an idiot’ (not ‘they’re talking rubbidh’) but glad to hear it’s potentially still drinkable.

Thats why I am here, I hope it is still an excellent quaff.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
Wrote a little piece on Bastille Day, and drinking wine. Wont make my blog as my boss hates the French. Thought I would share it with you all.

The other week I penned a piece about how to properly raise a toast on our Independence Day, July 4th.  I did so by declaring the need to look back at some of the drinking habits of our Founding Fathers and Presidents New and Old and extolling them as the American way.  Much fuss was made about drinking wine and Madeira over beer, likely to much head shaking and muttering that I was a bit daft, which I very well might be.  However, I am happy to report that on the 4th, I celebrated with both tipples, having wine with dinner and toasting to American Idealism and the fireworks with a glass of Madeira in a historic fashion.  It felt marvelous.  You should try it sometime, and lucky for you, if you missed out on proper historical toasting over the 4th of July, you have another chance.  As July contains not one but two dates for such wine filled toasting.  The second day for wine filled chalice raising is approaching with gusto.  No I am not talking about raising a glass for the upcoming World Cup final, a subject which I could go into immense detail on, and someday I just might.  No, I am of course talking about Bastille Day.

It is not an American Holiday, it is a French one (gasp).  And yes I know, I know, celebrating the French is sometimes viewed in a negative light and is sometimes seen as a rather un-American thing to do, but hang on a minute.   We did need the French assistance in order to gain our independence from that tyrant, King George III.  We lauded and celebrated General. Lafayette so much that we names a rather prominent street after him in New York City.  Speaking of New York City, Lady Liberty, who greets visitors and welcomes immigrants to our shores, was a gift from the French.  In fact they even have their own, much smaller version in Paris, along the Seine. 

It goes farther than iconic streets and structures.  Beyond assisting us gain our independence, it continues onto our vineyards and into our glasses.  You see, chances are that the varietals which with you are most familiar with are French in origin: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir. Still it goes farther.  Chardonnay, America’s most adored white wine, is French and not in name only.  You see, some 94% of all Chardonnay in North America can be traced back to the Wente Clone, which was grafted from Dijon rootstock, from you guessed it, Dijon France. Doesn’t that just cut the mustard?  I think so.

So you see, it is not just that I have a soft spot for the French, although I do, but rather, there is much to celebrate.  You see it was our Deceleration of Independence which influenced and impacted the French populace in such a profound manner that it sparked another revolution and this time not in a colony an ocean away but in France itself.  When I toast to our Independence Day, I am toasting to an idea, for that is what July 4th represents.  Ideas of independence from tyranny and the rights one is born with; a worthy idea.  However, when I raise a glass on Bastille Day, I am toasting not an idea but to an action.  This may seem more American and less French in some minds, as usually the French are described by their idealism and we, Americans, are looked upon as a nation of action, in a very Teddy Roosevelt way.  Our idealism and democratic zeal had awoken the minds and hearts of a country that didn’t know that it needed waking.  And when they awoke it changed the world.

Just in case your history teachers let you down or you have just forgotten what Bastille Day is all about, let me quote one of my old history teachers/friends: “For those who may have forgotten, today commemorates the time filthy Parisian commoners successfully overthrew a snotty, bloated, oppressive and unjust regime. Specifically, they overcame and ransacked a prison known for harbouring political prisoners, but also shit tons of ammo. Anyway, it was a crucial moment in the history of democracy so if you are fortunate enough to live somewhere where some lip service is paid to the notion of liberty and the rights of man, raise a glass to the doughty and courageous French who stuck it to the Man on this day back in 1789” -K.Baker. 

So open up some French wine today and dwell upon the ideas of Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite (Liberty, Equality ,and Fraternity).  For these lofty ideals led to action and to the spread of democracy and freedoms from here in America to Europe and beyond.

Happy Bastille Day

Santé

Also here is a link to my latest blog which replaced the Bastille Day one, much to my dismay.

https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/07/12/Sometimes-Things-Stand-Out

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:46:17 pm by Crimson_Tank »

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: July 23, 2018, 08:18:10 pm »

Holy cow, how nice is Sonoma. Had a great couple of days tootling around The region. Healdsburg is boss. Loads of good restaurants. I think our favourite winery was Ridge (maybe because the fella gave us loads of extra free tastes there because my friend was buying quite a bit for her cellar :D).
I loved their Zin and found the 100% Carigane interesting (never heard of it before). Their 2014 Bordeaux style is very good - but at $200 a bottle you’d hope it would be, the fella said it would keep gettng better for at least 10-15 years. All in all a great trip.
And PS. Great shout about Ridge

Got to love Ridge ...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:45:29 pm by kavah »

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: July 24, 2018, 09:06:47 pm »
Holy cow, how nice is Sonoma. Had a great couple of days tootling around The region. Healdsburg is boss. Loads of good restaurants. I think our favourite winery was Ridge (maybe because the fella gave us loads of extra free tastes there because my friend was buying quite a bit for her cellar :D).
I loved their Zin and found the 100% Carigane interesting (never heard of it before). Their 2014 Bordeaux style is very good - but at $200 a bottle you’d hope it would be, the fella said it would keep gettng better for at least 10-15 years. All in all a great trip.

The Ridge Monte Bello ( Bordeaux blend) does age really well. I have some stashed and tasted the 94 and 97 in the past 6 months and both were rocking. 2013 vintage also recently tasted was killer. Glad you got to visit that area, as you said, some great places to stop and sip and good eating to be had everywhere.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1578 on: July 26, 2018, 12:17:29 am »
First time I posted in this thread  :)

Anyway, love red wine, but not much of a white wine fan, and if I do drink it, it has to be as dry as a wine can be. During the year or so I have discovered that I love dry riesling  :o

Tonight, partaking in some Chateau Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling 2016, which is from Columbia Valley, Washington. It's damn good.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: July 26, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
First time I posted in this thread  :)

Anyway, love red wine, but not much of a white wine fan, and if I do drink it, it has to be as dry as a wine can be. During the year or so I have discovered that I love dry riesling  :o

Tonight, partaking in some Chateau Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling 2016, which is from Columbia Valley, Washington. It's damn good.

Just drank through all of their wines last week with their white wine maker.  :wave

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: July 26, 2018, 08:41:49 pm »

The Ridge Monte Bello ( Bordeaux blend) does age really well. I have some stashed and tasted the 94 and 97 in the past 6 months and both were rocking. 2013 vintage also recently tasted was killer. Glad you got to visit that area, as you said, some great places to stop and sip and good eating to be had everywhere.

Ridge is one of my favorite California wineries. Their Estate Cab is almost 100% sourced from the Monte Bello Vineyard for the current release, and value wise it is outstanding, at 1/3 the price of the Monte Bello blend it is no brainer.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: August 15, 2018, 09:57:10 am »
Having a passion for an often ignored or looked down upon varietal can be tough for me at least, but this past month I was vindicated in my love of one of wine's most iconic and recent whipping boys.

https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/08/14/Vindicated

#vindicated #MerlotLover #Wine #WineBlog

Also, getting on a plane to California and heading to wine country!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1582 on: August 15, 2018, 10:04:19 am »

Had to switch to red after years of abusing enjoying all the CH`s: Chablis, Chardonnay, Chenin, Champagne.

Apparently the acidity did not agree with my belly and I`ve been searching for the heavier, less acidic reds instead: new world Cab Savs, Merlot, Malbecs etc.

Quite enjoyed the Barossa Ink Shiraz, but it has a weird effect on the digestive tract.  I shall say no more!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: September 23, 2018, 07:34:07 pm »
Been a bit behind in posting in this thread but I had a banging bottle of Rioja last night, Artadi Vinas di Gain.

Anyway here at work on a rainy Sunday, trying to think of some new Wine Blog Ideas.

Latest blog: https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/09/20/Dont-Forget-to-Look-Up

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: September 23, 2018, 08:50:58 pm »
^ Martinelli, I'll look out for that one. So many good wineries down there

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:13 pm »
It is International Sherry Week, so I decided to do a little piece on that tipple from Spain.

https://www.oaktonwineshop.com/single-post/2018/10/10/Not-Your-Grandmothers-Sherry

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1586 on: May 30, 2019, 08:46:06 pm »
Any suggestions or recommendations for vineyard/winery tours in Virginia?  Asking for a friend who wants to treat their auld feller.

I've heard there is a half decent wine shop in VA.  ;)

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: November 1, 2019, 02:47:08 am »
bump, tasted a really good Howell mountain cab tonight called Castiel. Big Red. Like meself...this thread has gone way to long without a post. Where are all the Wino's?

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1588 on: December 1, 2019, 09:55:12 pm »
Went to Majestic today to try and get a better look at different ranges of wine, rather than a local supermarket were options are quite limited.

Myself and my Husband would order an Argentinian Malbec when out (occasionally a French), so went out today to try and get something new/different. Opted for a 2017 Catena Malbec and it is delicious! Our plan is to maybe try one new one a week in the run up to Christmas, then go back and do their mix and match deal.

I don’t know much about white wines, would rarely buy them but tasted a 2017 Viognier Lismore Estates white with my sister at the start of the year and loved it. Today they had a Greywacke Sauvignon 2018 Marlborough available to taste, and I really liked that so picked one of those up too.

Anyone got any recommendations on similar? :/

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: December 2, 2019, 01:42:42 am »
^ I haven't been into white wine at all really but have just recently had a few bottles of another Kiwi Marlborough producer called Cloudy Bay, it's not the cheapest but I think it's one of the best wines I've ever had (the 2019). The screw cap always seems a bit strange to me - but obviously makes opening the thing easier.
I'll look out for the Greywacke (Just googled it and the wine-maker used to work at Cloudy bay!)

Wine trivia - I just heard that Bono from U2 has bought a Malbec winery and farmhouse in Argentina so I'm looking forward to some u2 wine in a couple of years :D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1590 on: December 2, 2019, 03:14:22 am »
Not a massive fan of Marlborough Sauvignons, but am partial to other sauvignons.

Partial to a Torrentes though.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: December 5, 2019, 09:39:52 pm »
Went to Majestic today to try and get a better look at different ranges of wine, rather than a local supermarket were options are quite limited.

Myself and my Husband would order an Argentinian Malbec when out (occasionally a French), so went out today to try and get something new/different. Opted for a 2017 Catena Malbec and it is delicious! Our plan is to maybe try one new one a week in the run up to Christmas, then go back and do their mix and match deal.

I don’t know much about white wines, would rarely buy them but tasted a 2017 Viognier Lismore Estates white with my sister at the start of the year and loved it. Today they had a Greywacke Sauvignon 2018 Marlborough available to taste, and I really liked that so picked one of those up too.

Anyone got any recommendations on similar? :/

Rioja from spain usually gets you a good bottle for the money and there is still definately value in the Rhone area of France. I would suggest picking a region and exploring the different grape varieties from each region. If you like Malbec you will probably like merlot and cabernet based wines also, they are similar grapes.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1592 on: December 30, 2019, 08:33:07 pm »
Always check out if Waitrose have a 25% off everything. Always good to gets the likes Of Vina Tondonia or Vina Bosconia for a steal, though the pricing is going up.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1593 on: December 30, 2019, 09:02:49 pm »
Waitrose cellar has had Michel Rolland Clos de Los Siet, reduced to £10.99 for abar 3 weeks. Forgive me for not telling, but some things just have to be kept close*hic*

What a blended and sozzled chrimbo it has been *hic*
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1594 on: December 30, 2019, 10:45:20 pm »
Got a French friend staying with me for a bit. Three bottles of Bordeaux's finest was quoffed over Chrimbo. I think the year was 2012 but cannot remember the chateaus. I felt high and not drunk . There's a saying in the region about this but I cannot remember that either.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:47:33 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: December 31, 2019, 01:54:08 pm »
Any suggestions or recommendations for vineyard/winery tours in Virginia?  Asking for a friend who wants to treat their auld feller.

I've heard there is a half decent wine shop in VA.  ;)

a bit late to this. Soz.

There are a few wineries in VA which are decent, which part of VA are they in as the state is a decent size and cand take some time to get around in.

Indeed there are a few good wine shops in Northern Virginia.  ;)

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: January 1, 2020, 05:22:09 am »
Wouldn’t be an expert at all but right now my favourite white is yealands shat on by miniature sheep Marlborough, the red would be rinforzo salento primitivo. I love the reds so that’s my go to, at the same time I’m not loaded but if anyone has bottles of red that compare for a similar price I’m all in!

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1597 on: January 1, 2020, 12:50:11 pm »
I'm not loaded either until i get my arse in gear for a new job. I spend anything from a fiver to thirty odd depending on what i fancy or something on a good offer if more expensive but worthwhile to keep.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: January 1, 2020, 01:17:57 pm »
19 Crimes is an affordable and very tasty red, Australian, usually £9 in Tesco, often reduced to £7.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1599 on: January 23, 2020, 02:13:46 am »
A French friends Da has just visited and brought some Bordeaux .

Chateau Grand Renom 2012 Bordeuax has just been quaffed. 

Once again good wine gets you high and not drunk. It's a pure connection to Mother Nature . The climate , soil , clay , tiles reflecting the sun in the vines . The vibration of the people who tie the vines  , prune the vines and the vendanges that pick the grape and of course the energy of the land.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .