Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252975 times)

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2009, 12:35:03 am »
Finally applied for JSA today, got an interview at the job centre on Monday. Most importantly though.....when does the money start rolling in and how much do yer get?

I had my interview beginnning of July got it all back dated and paid last week - only took nearly 6 weeks good job I dont need the money!

I mean what is a person supposed to do if they are struggling and needed that money ASAP?
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:50 am »
I had my interview yesterday and they've given me my signing on day as Thursday at 9.30am. Problem is though, tommorrow night I'm in Newcastle for their match so won't be able to make it till probably Friday. Now do I ring em up and tell them the truth, or blag them with going to see someone about a job?

You cant pull the Job Interview thingy as they will just tell you to ring them once its over and then expect you in the same day mate. Telling them truth wont help either im afraid.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2009, 08:15:02 am »
I had my interview yesterday and they've given me my signing on day as Thursday at 9.30am. Problem is though, tommorrow night I'm in Newcastle for their match so won't be able to make it till probably Friday. Now do I ring em up and tell them the truth, or blag them with going to see someone about a job?

Id just not bother going in or ringing and just go in on the friday telling them how forgetful you are, 1 more day waiting for your JSA wont be the end of the world or if your due back on the thursday even late on just go in then

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2009, 08:45:53 pm »
Ta for the advice (as I'm new to all this) even though it was a bit late! I just told em I was seeing my uni tutor in the end and they fine with it.

Offline somersetred

• Kopite
« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:15 pm »
I went for my 1st job interview on Wed for 20 years. Most of that 20 years i have been self employed but a change of circumstances (relocating) means i need to find a job. One of the things i found came up and seemed to be of some concern was that i have been self employed. Maybe the interviewer is concerned that i may not adapt to working under someone or that when you have been self employed you are used to coming and going as you please as such.

Has anyone else found this when making the transition from being self employed to being employed?

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #325 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:11 pm »
Got meself a telephone interview tomorrow with Royal & Sun Alliance :D

Offline $unny

• Fuk Dat
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bye Bye Xabi
    • Wardrobe Mag
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2009, 07:11:21 pm »
Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine...

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #327 on: August 25, 2009, 03:01:18 pm »
Just had my RSA telephone interview, fingers crossed!!

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #328 on: August 25, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »
I still have no job really gutted at the moment.

Applied for jobseekers and have signed on 3 times or so and i still hav no money :( really gutted will chase it up when signing on on thursday.

Am after anything in the Nottingham area. Even applied for the bead shop but heard nothing :( am after accounts assistant or position similar but no luck so far. :(
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2009, 02:51:14 am »
I still have no job really gutted at the moment.

Applied for jobseekers and have signed on 3 times or so and i still hav no money :( really gutted will chase it up when signing on on thursday.

Am after anything in the Nottingham area. Even applied for the bead shop but heard nothing :( am after accounts assistant or position similar but no luck so far. :(

Hang in there fella , keep yer chin up and stick at it , it'll come .
All the best .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #330 on: September 2, 2009, 01:44:37 pm »
Still no luck for me. Must have applied for over 100 jobs since becoming unemployed and have had one interview.

If it goes another few weeks I seriously don't know what I'm going to do.

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #331 on: September 2, 2009, 01:52:00 pm »
Start in my new job next monday :D an office in town can't wait been a long time coming!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: September 2, 2009, 01:52:15 pm »
no luck here either! fucking ridiculous this.And what really pisses me off is people saying "theres laods of jobs out there" . Yeah ok sure there is.Ive applied for at least five a day ( i tend to stick to at least five a day, even if some of them are shite and i dont want to be in them permanantly its better than nothing) for over 6 weeks now and have had one reply! one fuking reply.it really is a laod of cock.im begining to think they dont like my cv becaue  havent been in employment since july last year.I had to quit that job to become a full time carer for my mum and dad, and now circumstnces have changed im looking to get back into a job and theres seriously fuck all out there.totally pissed off at the mo.But as my late Dad once said "throw enough shit at a wall and some of sticks son". So with those wise words of wisdom ringing in my ears, im logging off RAWK and going to throw some more shit at those fucking walls  :wave
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #333 on: September 2, 2009, 01:53:01 pm »
Also everyone who is unfortunately unemployed hang in there and just keep getting the CV out something will fall for you eventually it took me 4 months!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 2, 2009, 01:58:01 pm »
How are people looking for jobs? I'm mainly using the directgov website and I'm not having much luck,

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #335 on: September 2, 2009, 02:06:08 pm »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 2, 2009, 02:17:05 pm »
Same here look on that site every day, its the site most people use so not the best idea try these...

Cheers for that. I do use a few of the ones you posted often but most of them I've never tried so will have a look.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 2, 2009, 02:33:27 pm »
Add me to that list, along with 17 others.

Just got told this morning, end-date is 28th Sept.

I go on holiday on friday too  :-\

Well, it works out that there were 8 other job roles available here (new ones). They basically moved some more work up north, from Gatwick and some across from Dublin. I got one of these positions (Siebel Administration) which is good news.

Had to do my interview over the phone though while i was away.

Alright guys, I work at Baxi in Bamber bridge near Preston and I know they are taking on temps at the moment. So if you live near by and your interested in assembly work get yourself down there. The starting pay isn't bad aswell, it's something like 8.60 ph for 12 weeks then it goes up to 9.00 ph if they keep you on. There is plenty of OT on offer at the mo aswell.

P.S Don't ask me how long the contracts are for or how many ppl they are taking on, coz I don't know.

Rossi,

How do you go about getting your self in there? Just go down? I wonder is there anything on the website?

Theres a few good people in here who have lost their jobs (Based @ BT in Preston).

What kind of assembly work is it? Are certs needed etc?
« Last Edit: September 2, 2009, 02:35:38 pm by JimmyGrunt »
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #338 on: September 2, 2009, 02:49:42 pm »
As an ex rec con I would personally advise a follow up phone call to all sent CV's with the intent and knowledge of being able to present yourself over the phone.

A lot of companies may well have 0845 etc. numbers that cost the earth so try this website to get round it - http://www.saynoto0870.com/
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: September 3, 2009, 11:57:12 am »
I am now officially on the jobless list!

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 3, 2009, 01:10:42 pm »
Still unemployed, been to many long years now, but my health is on the up even if the depression is getting worse! and I will hopefully be discharged from the care of my consultant on October 12st just in time for all the Christmas jobs :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 3, 2009, 06:36:07 pm »
Got an interview for jobseekers allowance next week.

Don't know whether they'll let me claim cos I resigned from my last job but I'm hoping if I explain that I was pretty much forced out then I'll be eligible. Really need the money so I'm hoping they let me claim.

Offline c0burn

• Kopite
  • The King
« Reply #342 on: September 3, 2009, 07:21:00 pm »
Got an interview for jobseekers allowance next week.

Don't know whether they'll let me claim cos I resigned from my last job but I'm hoping if I explain that I was pretty much forced out then I'll be eligible. Really need the money so I'm hoping they let me claim.

Just tell 'em you were made redundant. They won't know any different.

The money they're paying you is for being unemployed and ACTIVELY SEEKING employment.

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #343 on: September 4, 2009, 03:45:57 pm »
Never had a job in my life (I'm 19) finished college last year just as the recession started.. (and I know that's an easy excuse to use but I have no experience and it really has been tough to get anything, no matter what people say about there being 'thousands of jobs' available!) I have been applying for at least 5 jobs a day since and only managed 2 interviews in that whole time. Had an interview for an admin assistant job on Tuesday, called back for a second one today and I have just been offered the job  :D so for anyone still looking and finding it hard just keep going because it eventually pays off! (I really didn't see me getting a job until next year at least!!)
« Last Edit: September 4, 2009, 03:48:17 pm by NCrawley »

Offline AndrewFitz22

• easily outfoxed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 4, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »
Fair play NCrawley...Besta luck with it!

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #345 on: September 4, 2009, 05:44:47 pm »
Fair play NCrawley...Besta luck with it!

Cheers!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #346 on: September 7, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »
I've somehow managed to land myself a job interview for a junior games programming role in central London. Not sure I want the job though and not sure about relocating, but thought as this was the first interview I've been offered since graduating it was worth making the effort if only for experience.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: September 7, 2009, 07:02:08 pm »
Got an interview tomorrow for a job I don't really want but beggars can't be choosers.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #348 on: September 8, 2009, 12:39:11 am »
Still unemployed. Submitted claim dating back to July 17th for jobseekers and still waiting. Ring them up they say we will get somebody to call you. Still no call and thats been after 5 phone calsl in 6 weeks :@

On the up side. William Hill have asid im succesful and will get a call about an interview so fingers crossed.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #349 on: September 8, 2009, 06:14:40 pm »
Still unemployed. Submitted claim dating back to July 17th for jobseekers and still waiting. Ring them up they say we will get somebody to call you. Still no call and thats been after 5 phone calsl in 6 weeks :@

On the up side. William Hill have asid im succesful and will get a call about an interview so fingers crossed.

Thats fuckin disgraceful mate , get down yer local JC and give em what for man ..........
they should backdate any payments aswell . c*nts .

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 9, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »
Got offered a job this morning. Only problem is it's 100% commission based. :( So think I'll be phoning them up later to say I'm not interested. Dunno how people can work in a job that is 100% performance based.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: September 9, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »
Got offered a job this morning. Only problem is it's 100% commission based. :( So think I'll be phoning them up later to say I'm not interested. Dunno how people can work in a job that is 100% performance based.

would you have to move tho? wouldnt be too bad to be honest - better than nothing atm and if you're on benefits you could get into trouble for turning it down

Dunno how people can work in a job that is 100% performance based.

confidence in their abilities

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 9, 2009, 05:43:56 pm »
Got a job interview tomorrow for a facilities management job in town.First interview in yonks.Rather than being worried im actually excited! Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it sticks.My first interview despite over 100 applications.Half the fuckers dont even bother getting back to you,makes you wonder if the jobs actually there in the first place

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2009, 04:57:34 pm »
Went for an interview this afternoon.Went really well , ive already had a call that they want to speak to me again nxt tuesday for second interview. Moneys not great but they are prepared to pay for my study for the BIFM course (British Institute of Facilities Management) which in itself is well worth taking the job for.Plus it is really handy, about five minutes if that in the car from my house, so not like id be forking out on petrol each week.Get that qualification under me belt and id be laughing, would at least add a third to my wages.Anyways,hopefully good news on the horizon...im hoping so anyway! :)

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2009, 08:39:00 pm »
Got a job interview tomorrow for a facilities management job in town.First interview in yonks.Rather than being worried im actually excited! Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it sticks.My first interview despite over 100 applications.Half the fuckers dont even bother getting back to you,makes you wonder if the jobs actually there in the first place

I found out from a colleague that it is actually policy for us not to contact unsuccessful applicants. I think that is the norm these days and certainly what I experienced. I do think it is wrong though - doesn't take much to send a quick email/letter.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #355 on: September 10, 2009, 08:46:32 pm »

When most companies advertise jobs they will already have somebody internally to fill the role, they just advertise it to show that they are offering jobs to people. My girlfriends dad was working on a years trial, when he finished they told him the job was his permanently but they had to advertise it anyway. They brought two fellas to an interview who had no chance at all of getting a job.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2009, 10:34:59 pm »
Good luck with the second interview Ian, remember I still need a job when you are management, I'll make your brews for you :D

Still need a job actually sinking deeper into depression and it scares the crap outta me, that when I am able to work I'll be to sodding depressed to do anything about it, need to pull myself out of this pit of dispair but its not easy at the moment.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2009, 10:43:29 pm »
Got my first interview since graduating tommorrow in London. Wish me luck!

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2009, 10:50:10 pm »
Got my first interview since graduating tommorrow in London. Wish me luck!

Good luck matey xx

Offline AndrewFitz22

• easily outfoxed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2009, 11:10:12 pm »
Besta luck with it lad!..Report back.