Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86522 times)

Offline Letchworthred

• Main Stander
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #480 on: April 3, 2011, 08:34:37 pm »
Norwich won't get promoted.

I love how people can make sweeping statements like this. How do you know Norwich will not get promoted? The fact is no one knows yet, but they have as good as chance as any because they're currently 2nd in the league. Who would have thought Blackpool would have got promoted at this stage last season? Or Burnley under Owen Coyle? Or Crystal Palace under Ian Dowie? The Championship is one of the most unpredictable leagues to fathom, so how you can make such a sweeping statement is beyond my comprehension.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #481 on: April 3, 2011, 08:52:09 pm »
Very surprised that Kenny didn't give this lad ten minutes off the bench, just once, just to see what he's like.

Anyway it's a pleasure to see him play for Norwich now. His assist for the first goal was absolutely top class. He's a head-up player and we don't have many of those. Also the speed with which he cut the ball back - that would have killed most central defences.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: April 3, 2011, 08:54:38 pm »
fair but we can look bereft of ideas between the lines - suarez the notable exception - so having someone in there with an eye for a pass and an ability to feed of carroll would not be a bad thing.

How long have we all been saying we need some width in the team, and untill we get it,we aint going to do anything.
I am sick to fu*king death of the slow build up that goes nowhere.
its all very predictable and so crap to watch, how is carroll going to score without width in the side.
Its not rocket science is it!
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: April 3, 2011, 09:07:57 pm »
Spanish clubs can't loan players outside of the transfer window.

I was suggesting what lafuriaroja said below. I don't think we would have waited a few months to loan him to another English club when we could have loaned him to Spain in January if we didn't want to keep him. I do think that Kenny could have given him a bit of time in a few matches though.

If he wasn't in our plans, he would have gone to a Spanish club in January. It sounds like we've been looking for the right place to send him on loan since Kenny came in.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 3, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »
Very surprised that Kenny didn't give this lad ten minutes off the bench, just once, just to see what he's like.

Anyway it's a pleasure to see him play for Norwich now. His assist for the first goal was absolutely top class. He's a head-up player and we don't have many of those. Also the speed with which he cut the ball back - that would have killed most central defences.

Also note the commentary for the goal, "Pacheco has given and gone." Norwich may well be a better place for him to learn professional English football than the current Liverpool, being a pass and move side in a physical division but without having to face demoralisingly strong individuals in top sides. The Liverpool team will probably need a wholesale restructure and retheming to make the most of players like Pacheco. I'd extend Ngog's and Ayala's contracts and farm them out to them as well.

Looking at the first goal again, Pacheco points to where he wants the ball to be played, for him to be able to do something with the ball.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: April 3, 2011, 09:26:14 pm »
Dani Pacheco V Scunthorpe Match Compilation.

Enjoy

http://milankakabaros.blogspot.com/

Ill try to compile most of his matches for Norwich ( if possible)

Cheers. Lad shows some great promise from those clips. Let's hope that he can continue his loan playing such an influential role in their team (and eventually translate that to Liverpool).
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 3, 2011, 09:57:47 pm »
He must be doing something wrong in training or something. It's the only reason I can see why he wouldn't be played.

Thanks for the links by the way!
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: April 3, 2011, 10:18:00 pm »
We'll just have to learn to be patient, everything will come good soon.

hopefully.   I just get the feeling that it will play out similarly to what happened with Taarabt snd spurs

P.S. Abed!
;)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #488 on: April 3, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »
nice comp thanks MKB, played very well didnt he :D delighted for him
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #489 on: April 3, 2011, 10:58:40 pm »
Next 3 or 4 games are very crucial for Norwich- Swansea (away) Notts Forest (home) and Ipswich (local derby, away)

As for Dani - Living where I do, I have lots of Norwich friends. They were all texting me yesterday saying how good he was. My step dad is a ST holder and he said he was fantastic too. Looked at home and so clever on the ball.

Just hope he keeps it up as Scunthorpe are a very poor side!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #490 on: April 3, 2011, 11:11:57 pm »
Next 3 or 4 games are very crucial for Norwich- Swansea (away) Notts Forest (home) and Ipswich (local derby, away)

As for Dani - Living where I do, I have lots of Norwich friends. They were all texting me yesterday saying how good he was. My step dad is a ST holder and he said he was fantastic too. Looked at home and so clever on the ball.

Just hope he keeps it up as Scunthorpe are a very poor side!

Those matches will be a much tougher test for both him and Norwich. Will be interesting to see how they both fare.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: April 3, 2011, 11:20:16 pm »

Surprised? Is that a euphemism Yorky? I'm sticking with "very disappointed" myself.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: April 4, 2011, 01:14:46 am »
This is going to be a really good loan spell for pacheco.

He's getting minutes straight off the bat
He's got 3-4 high level Championship games and then playoffs
And they play good football

Hopefully he keeps doing well and it's the last hurdle before making it into the senior team.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: April 4, 2011, 04:35:53 am »
Also note the commentary for the goal, "Pacheco has given and gone." Norwich may well be a better place for him to learn professional English football than the current Liverpool, being a pass and move side in a physical division but without having to face demoralisingly strong individuals in top sides. The Liverpool team will probably need a wholesale restructure and retheming to make the most of players like Pacheco. I'd extend Ngog's and Ayala's contracts and farm them out to them as well.

Looking at the first goal again, Pacheco points to where he wants the ball to be played, for him to be able to do something with the ball.

Took the words out my mouth. Pacheco is the type of player we need in the side at the moment and I think kenny has to rate the lad because of how well he understands the game.

I think that he first wants to acclimate him to the physical side of the game while also giving him a chance to build his confidence and get first team action in a team that is pushing for promotion. So these are big games for Norwich and gives dani a chance to play with some pressure whilst safe in the knowledge that he is just there to show what he can do.

He just used the open space so well and made a great run which was a little telegraphed to get the ball and make the assist. From some pf his attempts he clearly is sending a message that he is ready to make the step up to the Liverpool first team. If he continues in the same vein til the end of the season he al get his chance. I think kenny was right to not pt him in the situation where we were pushing for Europe with the side still learning how to play together. I think kenny didn't want to potentially harm his confidence so he decided to loan him out for the rest of the season.

I forgot how intelligent he is with the ball and I anxiously await more match compilations.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Mostar

• Video guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: April 4, 2011, 04:43:30 am »
Took the words out my mouth. Pacheco is the type of player we need in the side at the moment and I think kenny has to rate the lad because of how well he understands the game.

I think that he first wants to acclimate him to the physical side of the game while also giving him a chance to build his confidence and get first team action in a team that is pushing for promotion. So these are big games for Norwich and gives dani a chance to play with some pressure whilst safe in the knowledge that he is just there to show what he can do.

He just used the open space so well and made a great run which was a little telegraphed to get the ball and make the assist. From some pf his attempts he clearly is sending a message that he is ready to make the step up to the Liverpool first team. If he continues in the same vein til the end of the season he al get his chance. I think kenny was right to not pt him in the situation where we were pushing for Europe with the side still learning how to play together. I think kenny didn't want to potentially harm his confidence so he decided to loan him out for the rest of the season.

I forgot how intelligent he is with the ball and I anxiously await more match compilations.

I'm not so sure that is the case. Kenny has not featured him a minute since he took over and very rarely he was on the bench as well.

I guess the time will tell but to me indications are more that Kenny doesn't rate him much as it didn't Roy prior to him.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
http://twitter.com/@LFCmostar

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #495 on: April 4, 2011, 05:29:32 am »
It's confusing, because you can see so clearly even just from that compilation of the match that he has an excellent understanding of pass and move football (especially his movement for that assist), which is what defines Kenny and Liverpool's traditional philosophy. I really hope he puts in some more great performances for Norwich and does enough to convince Kenny to play him in the first team next season. Given Pacheco's recent comments, I'm sure come the end of this season he will have a talk with Kenny about his future, and if he's not going to be played next season he'll surely be sold.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 4, 2011, 06:14:14 am »
What position did he play in the Scunthorpe game? In the clips it looked like he was playing through the middle. I think Pacheco is the kind of player who will do wonderfully well at small sides and not so good at top 4 sides initially and with experience and more establishment, he will eventually come good.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #497 on: April 4, 2011, 06:14:35 am »
I can see him and Suarez playing keep away

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #498 on: April 4, 2011, 07:06:30 am »
Posted ages ago that Pacheco was quality and he would get a game sooner or later.

At that point the thread would then split into people saying either "Look how great he is - brilliant management by Kenny nuturing him properly and giving him his chance" and those saying "Look how great he is - why didnt he play earlier for us?"

You can apply the same logic to his loan move.

I am personally in the "great move by Kenny" camp. This loan move gives him a much lower introduction to the first team and will surely boost his confidence even more. At the same time Joe Cole, for example, isnt dropped to the bench in his place and - in summer when we sell him - will therefore save us millions of pounds in his valuation when we move him on.

"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 4, 2011, 08:12:13 am »
I'm not so sure that is the case. Kenny has not featured him a minute since he took over and very rarely he was on the bench as well.
That's just not true. In fact, he was ALWAYS on the bench, he just never got the nod. Hence the frustration and confusion.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 4, 2011, 08:17:22 am »
For whatever reason, Kenny just doesn't seem to rate him. Otherwise he would have at least given him a few minutes.

I'm glad he's doing well. Hope he continues to develop. I'd hate to see a young talent getting wasted away.

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #501 on: April 4, 2011, 08:24:39 am »
That's just not true. In fact, he was ALWAYS on the bench, he just never got the nod. Hence the frustration and confusion.

On the bench but never came on, that's why he often asked to play 45 minutes or so in reserved games to keep up fitness/sharpness etc.  The lads got a great attitude and work ethic and has excelled in every single age group he's previously played in.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #502 on: April 4, 2011, 08:30:02 am »
What position did he play in the Scunthorpe game? In the clips it looked like he was playing through the middle. I think Pacheco is the kind of player who will do wonderfully well at small sides and not so good at top 4 sides initially and with experience and more establishment, he will eventually come good.

He started wide left in an attacking 3, then drifted inside.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #503 on: April 4, 2011, 08:53:02 am »
For whatever reason, Kenny just doesn't seem to rate him. Otherwise he would have at least given him a few minutes.

I'm glad he's doing well. Hope he continues to develop. I'd hate to see a young talent getting wasted away.

OR, Kenny does rate him and wants to be careful about his development. Let's face it, you just don't know. If Pacheco glitters in the next 8 games, who's to say he won't actually feature in OUR first team plans next season? I just hope for our sake that he stays a Liverpool player for the long term, whether it's next season, or the one after. He has obviously got something.

Excellent compilation as always by the way MKB. Thank you.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #504 on: April 4, 2011, 09:18:52 am »
Kenny doesn't rate but he rates Maxi who is effectively the same kind of player.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline MiserableP15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: April 4, 2011, 09:35:30 am »
Massive fixtures coming up for Norwich now, and as others have mentioned, the times and dates mean two of them are easily watchable.

Saturday 9th April 2011 @ 5.20pm - Swansea v Norwich  - SS1 (we play Man City on the Monday)
Tuesday 12th April 2011 @ 7,45pm - Watford v Norwich - don't think it's on TV
Friday 15th April 2011 @ 7.45pm - Norwich v Notts Forest -  - SS2 (we play Arsenal on the Sunday)

Can't wait to see him have another game.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #506 on: April 4, 2011, 09:40:41 am »
Really happy to see Pacheco do well, had a hand in the 1st 2 goals, good movement, neat passing. Seems to fit in well with the team.

Be great if he helped them get promoted..
Doubters to Believers

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #507 on: April 4, 2011, 10:07:35 am »
It was a good start for him.  Getting in the starting 11 would have been good for his confidence, but setting up 2 goals would help him loads too.  I doubt all the games will Norwich have left will be that easy for them and space will be harder for him to come across.  All in all good start but not getting carried away just yet.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #508 on: April 4, 2011, 10:10:06 am »
His through balls are a joy to watch in that match, the player doesnt have to break his stride due to the weight Dani puts on it. How often have we seen that sort of pass this season? Not often enough. Pacheco offers us something we're clearly lacking.

But its quite obvious to anyone that's watched him for us that he's the sort of player that needs movement. He needs runners. They both create space for him inbetween the lines and also give him someone to look for with those passes. And right now out team has a serious lack of movement. Who aside from Suarez can really run in behind a defence or indeed even attempts to? Right now we are not a team that is set up to play to his strengths, Norwich very much are. So it's probably a good thing that he's moved there for now.

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #509 on: April 4, 2011, 10:12:42 am »
Lucas can.
"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #510 on: April 4, 2011, 10:13:45 am »
So if Norwich get promoted would people like him to have a season there to show what he can do in the Premiership?

I know it could go both ways though. It’s rare someone comes back from a loan spell (though it does happen) and quite often the player will want to stay at the club he’s on loan at. Tricky one to handle really.

In an ideal world he’d be performing well for us. Maybe it will depend on who we buy this summer. As it stands I’d like him in our squad. If we can make another quality signing in the Suarez mold then maybe a loan spell and playing time would be of more benefit.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #511 on: April 4, 2011, 10:15:24 am »
Lucas can.

But he play's DM, so he wont. Its not in his job description.

If we're relying on Lucas to make the difference up top we're in trouble. Not because its Lucas, but because its his job to protect those that are supposed to do that job. When has Maxi, Cole, Kuyt even Gerrard looked to run beyond the attack this season? Not often enough. Even Raul prefers to arrive late a la Lampard.

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #512 on: April 4, 2011, 10:17:42 am »
So if Norwich get promoted would people like him to have a season there to show what he can do in the Premiership?

If he's going to spend the season warming our bench and not be used, I'd rather him spend the season on loan at any Premier League club which play good football and where he will get starts.  The experience can only improve him as a player.

But he play's DM, so he wont. Its not in his job description.

he is not a DM, we just deploy Lucas there.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #513 on: April 4, 2011, 10:19:16 am »

I know it could go both ways though. It’s rare someone comes back from a loan spell (though it does happen) and quite often the player will want to stay at the club he’s on loan at. Tricky one to handle really.

In an ideal world he’d be performing well for us. Maybe it will depend on who we buy this summer. As it stands I’d like him in our squad. If we can make another quality signing in the Suarez mold then maybe a loan spell and playing time would be of more benefit.

Next year he should be either at LFC in the squad or be sold.  He will be 21 and we all know what he can/cannot do, there is no point of destroying another young talent like we usually do.  We'll probably give more game time to wonderful players like Cole and Poulsen than nurturing the young and talented ones
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline MiserableP15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 4, 2011, 10:21:23 am »

Longer term, I think it would be fantastic for us if he played for another passing Premier League team next season where he'd be guaranteed games. If it's Norwich, so be it but let's not forget the only reason Norwich have signed him on loan is because of injuries to their other key forwards. Who's to say he would get that automatic starting spot next season?

In the short term I have to admit to being selfish, I'd have liked to see him playing regularly THIS season for the reds. Waiting another season will be hard but if it's best in the long run for LFC, then so be it.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #515 on: April 4, 2011, 10:21:37 am »

he is not a DM, we just deploy Lucas there.

You say tomato I say...

He plays as a DM, so he wont be making those runs in behind the defence. Its not asked of him.

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #516 on: April 4, 2011, 11:57:31 am »

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #517 on: April 4, 2011, 03:33:35 pm »
Norwich won't get promoted.

Love that crystal ball of yours mate

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #518 on: April 4, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »
Love that crystal ball of yours mate

Shit innit? :P

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #519 on: April 5, 2011, 04:52:07 am »
Next year he should be either at LFC in the squad or be sold.  He will be 21 and we all know what he can/cannot do, there is no point of destroying another young talent like we usually do.  We'll probably give more game time to wonderful players like Cole and Poulsen than nurturing the young and talented ones

Two words - Gerard Pique - ManU poached from Barca, played infrequently for the team + reserves then loaned out and finally sold.  The moment he plays regularly in Barca, he comes good and is one of the best defender in Spain if not the top 10 CB in the world.

I would be sad if Liverpool  decides to sell a quality player before really trying him out and fitting with good players around him so that he can be creative.  From my view, Stevie G has aging legs and Pacheco and him can alternate with SG playing 2/3 of the games and Pacheco 1/3.  As SG ages, Pacheco taking up 50% of the games and so on.