Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86528 times)

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:45 pm »
Dalglish should talk with Lambert to see where their squad could do with some strengthening, then send out some loanees with cheap buy clauses and reasonably cheap buyback clauses. Norwich try to play the way Liverpool should, but with less resources, so giving them resources in exchange for experience in a similar game would be beneficial to both sides.

Totally agree with this.  I'm sure we could do this with players we think have promise but are not yet able to push themselves into the first team.

When is Naaaaarwich's next game?

Norwich fixtures for the rest of the season excluding Play offs.

April
Sat 2     15:00     H    Scunthorpe                           
Sat 9     17:20     A    Swansea City                             
Tue 12   19:45     A    Watford                             
Fri 15     19:45     H    Nottm Forest                             
Thu 21   19:45     A    Ipswich Town                             
Mon 25   15:00    H     Derby County                             
Sat 30    15:00    A     Portsmouth                             

May
Sat 7     12:45     H    Coventry City                         
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline sajsSAMynwa1892

• Kemlynite
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »
Fucking hell, most of RAWK will be on suicide watch after this news.

0151 708 8888 - Just in case you need it.

thats what i thought when i saw the news!
mind you i've been here during the bad times too, one year we finished second!  Bob Paisley

I met my maker and made him cry

Offline sajsSAMynwa1892

• Kemlynite
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2011, 05:07:46 pm »
Why norwich? What use is that? Why not Real Madrid?

In fact, why is he on loan. He is much better than Dirk Kuyt, as geniuses on here point out. I'd have him in our first team at centre back. He could replace carra. I bet carra has stopped it though. The c*nt! Is there no limit to carragher's evil plotting? Thank you. I am from Denmark

:)
mind you i've been here during the bad times too, one year we finished second!  Bob Paisley

I met my maker and made him cry

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »
Fuck me, I've been working too hard. I completely missed this news. I kind of agree with Rossi, it's a shame he's not managed to get game time here BUT (and it's a big BUT), fair play to Kenny for giving the lad the chance to go to a football playing team. Fingers crossed he does well.

"End of Pacheco the myth, start of Pacheco the player" - quality quote whoever posted that (I can't remember)
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:16 pm »
He made some good runs with Spain u21 team today. I'll be looking forward to him getting more play time at Norwich.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2011, 11:31:07 pm »
Good move for him to get some game time.
Hopefully he will prove himself and get a look in next term.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2011, 11:38:55 pm »

Good move for the lad, Delia can cook him a paella if he gets homesick, or a pan of Scouse and call it a casserole if he's gone native.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Apollo

• Kopite
  • I've got the
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2011, 11:47:08 pm »
Good move for the lad, Delia can cook him a paella if he gets homesick, or a pan of Scouse and call it a casserole if he's gone native.

Aye and Stephen Fry can.....be....his butler?

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »
Dalglish should talk with Lambert to see where their squad could do with some strengthening, then send out some loanees with cheap buy clauses and reasonably cheap buyback clauses. Norwich try to play the way Liverpool should, but with less resources, so giving them resources in exchange for experience in a similar game would be beneficial to both sides.
Is that the Manager's job? or the DoF?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »
Can you change the title to Pacheco joins Norwich on loan, I have a pet hate for lower case grammar errors.

i tOTALLY aGREE
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:39 am »
He wasn't getting a game here. We are pushing for a 5/4th finish and we are going to need are strongest 11 every game if we are going to make it. Plus Pacheco will get some first team action, and hopefully do well. Win, win situation.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline killbot

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2011, 12:01:54 am »
Are you really asking that and then waiting for a reply?

Have you heard of google?  Or bbc sport?

Yup, I didn't actually sit by my computer all night. Crazy right?

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2011, 12:07:43 am »
I think I'm the only one who doesn't think this is good news.

He did the Youth World Cup and we all thought he was going to be some player. He got rave reviews.

It appears the club don't think so. The staff that work with him every day, week in and out don't think so. If they did, then like Martin Kelly, he would be in the first team, not going out on loan.

Not being negative, just realistic. I think his next move will be out of the Club.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2011, 12:14:28 am »

He did the Youth World Cup and we all thought he was going to be some player. He got rave reviews.

It appears the club don't think so. The staff that work with him every day, week in and out don't think so. If they did, then like Martin Kelly, he would be in the first team, not going out on loan.

Not being negative, just realistic. I think his next move will be out of the Club.

If he's not going to get game time here this season then it's good news.

Gives him the game time he needs, and a platform to impress Kenny for consideration next season.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:08:32 am by leroy »

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2011, 12:15:06 am »

Even if that were the case, him going out on loan would be a positive because it should drive up his pricetag if that is what happens.

Think it's a really good move myself. I suggested a club like Swansea a few weeks back. Fighting for promotion by playing football but lacking a bit of edge upfront. Sounds like that's where Norwich are at the moment.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:56 am »

Ok. But how can sitting on the bench half way across Europe now and again benefit him in any way? If he's going to become the player that we all want him to become, he's at the age where game time is an absolute must.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:22 am »
Should do well in the Championship, hopefully he doesn't grow another finger whilst he's over there.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2011, 12:43:30 am »
Even if that were the case, him going out on loan would be a positive because it should drive up his pricetag if that is what happens.

Think it's a really good move myself. I suggested a club like Swansea a few weeks back. Fighting for promotion by playing football but lacking a bit of edge upfront. Sounds like that's where Norwich are at the moment.
If he does well at Norwich for the rest of the season we should try and send him on loan again, now for the whole season, to a newly promoted club in the PL or potential top club in the Championship. He has talents but lacks game time, which he's not getting now and if we strengthen our attack in the summer then his chances here will be lesser next season.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2011, 09:24:43 am »
May I request the forum masters to keep this thread open so that we can be updated on Pacheco's performance when palying for Norwich?  Thanks

Personally, I will hate to lose him prematurely and let Barca have him back as the finished product after we spent so many years grooming him .  Pique was undervalued by ManU and he was loaned out often and never have a chance to dislodge Vidic and Ferb...boy did he mature the moment he got back to Spain.. Now Pique is one of the ball playing best defenders  that can head the ball.

Pacheco's progress is blocked by Gerrard and now Gerrard, Raul Meireles and now Suarez, in 1 or 2 years time, he could still come good for us especailly we have the play and move system up and running.   

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2011, 09:33:25 am »
Its a good move. With Suarez and Carroll fit and no more cup games, it is unlikely that he will get games in the position that would best suit him.

Let him go there play in a top Championship side and maybe get 7-8 high level games under his belt before he comes back in the summer.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:19 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/pacheco-completes-loan-deal

Daniel Pacheco has now completed his loan move to Norwich City and he will stay at the promotion chasing club until May 31, 2011.

The striker is expected to make his Canaries debut against Kevin Keegan and Ray Clemence's old club Scunthorpe United at Carrow Road next Saturday, April 2.

Meanwhile, there was frustration for Pacheco as Spain U21 lost 3-2 to France in a friendly on Thursday night.

France made a blistering start to the game and went 3-0 up after 35 minutes, and Spain also found themselves down to 10 men.

Liverpool's No.12 came off the bench to play the second 45 minutes but despite a lively display couldn't inspire a comeback.

Fellow Red Daniel Ayala, who is enjoying a successful loan spell with Derby County, also featured as he made his debut for Spain U21s.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:59 am »
Joe Cole for the rest of the season, SWEET!

:( :( :( :(

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2011, 11:02:06 am »
I too think this is a good move for all parties.

However, i cannot help but wonder if the reaction would not have been somewhat different if a certain owl faced former employee had made this decision?

I think Hodgson would have packed him to La Liga, with a view to staying there. I think this is a smart move by Kenny - send him to a club that plays decent football, with the pressure of a promotion race and see if he can handle it.

And, to be fair to Hodgson (now that's a phrase I don't like writing), Dani did sign a new contract while he was here (although I think that was more down to DC than the face-rubbing one).

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »
Supoose it's better than him sitting on the bench every week and we can see what standard he is at too.
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline jacks1e

• Main Stander
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2011, 08:44:09 pm »
Paul Dalglish has backed Daniel Pacheco to make a big impression during his loan spell with Norwich City.
Most Recent News

The Spaniard today finalised his temporary move to the Championship high flyers and Kenny's son, who once had a spell with the Canaries between 1999 and 2002, believes City have got an exciting talent  on their hands.

"I think Norwich fans should get really excited about this young talent, because I certainly get excited whenever I see him play," said Dalglish.

"I'm a big admirer and I think the majority of Liverpool fans are admirers of his, and there will be a lot of them keeping a close eye on how he does.

"They all believe in this kid and they want him to progress and be a first-team player because of what they've seen in pre-season games and his stints in the first team. Norwich have certainly got a very talented player, a real talent."

Despite his diminutive size, Dalglish believes he can come back to Liverpool a stronger player in the summer.

"Gianfranco Zola, Messi, they're not the biggest but I don't think it matters if you've got the quality," he added.

"He's a strong little boy. He's short but when your touch is as good as his, it gets you out of a lot more trouble than when you are big and strong.

"He is a second striker, likes playing off another striker and can probably play on the outside of a front three as well. He likes playing in the hole too and is very successful when he does it, if he's playing in a footballing team.

"I think any team in the Championship would have taken Dani and Liverpool looked hard at the style teams were playing and, with Norwich playing such an attractive style of football, he had to go to a team that does that because he is a terrific footballer.

"Liverpool have just gone out and spent £30m and £20m on two centre-forwards, and to expect Dani to go and compete with them is an unrealistic expectation.

"But there's no doubting players like him have got immense potential and have what it takes to become top players."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/pacheco-will-shine-at-norwich

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2011, 08:51:39 pm »
Does anyone else think Paul Lambert will move to the premier league in the summer.

He is storming in championship and has his team playing like magicians. i feel he'll get a step up in the summer. Villa, Wigan, Birmingham? maybe even Celtic?
Irish Exile Red

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »
i dont see why people always wanna see pacheco play to be honest. he cant be that good if hes off to norwich

kelly must be shite then seeing as he was off at huddersfield a year or so ago

Offline Rormac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »
Yes it is good Pacheco plays regular football.  But, I am a bit mystified. Baffled.  Lost. By Ngog. Surely Dani is preferred to Ngog.  Is a psychiatrist near?  I just don't get it.  Help. Me.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »
A good move for the lad.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »
Yes it is good Pacheco plays regular football.  But, I am a bit mystified. Baffled.  Lost. By Ngog. Surely Dani is preferred to Ngog.  Is a psychiatrist near?  I just don't get it.  Help. Me.

erm totally different players

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2011, 12:15:14 am »

Think Ngog = Carroll and Pacheco = Suarez

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19:58 am »
Does anyone else think Paul Lambert will move to the premier league in the summer.

He is storming in championship and has his team playing like magicians. i feel he'll get a step up in the summer. Villa, Wigan, Birmingham?

Duh, he's already in the Championship..
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2011, 02:45:45 am »
What are we to do if it pans out that neither Pacheco and Suso are good enough and they both fade away into obscurity?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:12 am »
What are we to do if it pans out that neither Pacheco and Suso are good enough and they both fade away into obscurity?
It'll be the end of life as we know it Chopper.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2011, 02:53:10 am »
It'll be the end of life as we know it Chopper.
This is the sum of all our fears and if it all comes to pass next season then the planets will align when it will be 2012 and we all know what happens next...
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2011, 02:54:05 am »

RAWK group session of hemlock should do the trick. Someone else can get the first round, I'll get the next one honest

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2011, 03:33:53 am »

Yes. With Norwich

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2011, 06:45:35 am »

Good thing you don't frequent the youth/reserve thread.  Try suggesting that at least two of Sterling, Suso, Coady and Wisdom will not make the grade and see what happens.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2011, 07:51:13 pm »
Might have to go to a few games - Norwich is easy for me by train!
You'll Never Walk Alone!