Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86521 times)

Offline Forman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2011, 10:29:57 am »
Seems to be for the best to be honest, I can't see him getting a look in here this season. It'll be good for him to get some playing time and have a chance to shine. Hopefully next season a few opportunities might come about where he can get a couple of games under his belt. Good luck to the lad.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2011, 10:44:09 am »
Ideal scenario would be he helps to send them up, then we send him on loan again there for the first half of next season.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2011, 10:57:37 am »
I too think this is a good move for all parties.

However, i cannot help but wonder if the reaction would not have been somewhat different if a certain owl faced former employee had made this decision?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:00:17 am by Old No7 »

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2011, 11:33:55 am »
Wonder if he does well and shows in training whether when promoted they'll look to use him next year as well? Experience in the prem would be an even better gauge of whether the lads good enough for us and would take more of the risk out of the situation.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2011, 11:43:59 am »
He'll probably add more depth to their side, just incase they need him for the play offs, as its quite tight at the top there with Swansea a point behind.

It would be nice to see him play in a more physical league, where tackles are a little more rash than in the premier league.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Shanks55

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:15 am »
Great news for the lad. Bags of potential, he just needs to gain that experience. This could do him the world of good - Good luck!

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:56 am »
Great that he has gone on loan. This will provide him with some experience. I have always believed we should send more players out on loan. It has to be make or break, either they perform or they are not good enough. Shinning in the youth team and reserves is all well and good. Shining at a team in the championship is a different kettle of fish. I also think that players like Coady, Flannagan, Bruno, shelvey, Wilson, Robinson, should be loaned out to premiserhip teams like Wigan, wolves, newcastle, blackpool, sunderland, West Brom. It will be great for them to develop as players.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2011, 12:26:02 pm »
Got a few norwich mates to keep me updated on him!

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »
I hope he gets plenty of games, comes back and has an excellent pre season before taking his chance in the side next season.

Offline Catnip645

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »
great player him.
saw him against tranmere a couple of seasons ago...definately one to watch.
how old is he?

Hoolahan is 28.. ish.

Offline lfcls7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • You dont realise how much you had until its gone
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »
i dont see why people always wanna see pacheco play to be honest. he cant be that good if hes off to norwich
You dont realise how much you love something until its gone. Rafael Benitez (L)

Fernando torres. = TWAT

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »
good move...hopefully he gets to play some games now
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2011, 12:55:03 pm »
Good move and about time. I would even pencil him in for another loan next year unless he blows up btw now & May having a great loan spell. He needs some blooding as he is not getting a sniff here at the moment.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2011, 12:55:53 pm »
I hope he impresses and comes back better off. Very good move by Noriwch.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:21 pm »
i dont see why people always wanna see pacheco play to be honest. he cant be that good if hes off to norwich

I know you did that to wind people up. Same age as Beckham when he went to Preston.... it happens. I look forward to watching Norwich now and hope he does well.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »
I too think this is a good move for all parties.

However, i cannot help but wonder if the reaction would not have been somewhat different if a certain owl faced former employee had made this decision?

Of course it would, everyone trusts Kenny's judgement more than the owl's because he earned it!

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:53 pm »
This will be the end of Pacheco - the myth - and the start of Pacheco - the player.

Good move for him, and for both clubs.

I hope he will play on a regular basis.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Online phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »
Bolded are players that (after cursory research) no longer seem to be at the club. Underlined are one player who was on loan WITH us (Padelli) and another who was on the youth books but never loaned out.

Still standing: Ayala, Kelly, Ecclestone, Spearing, Darby, Hansen, Bouzanis, Gulasci.

yes the point was to correct the posters who repeated the oft-stated fallacy that rafa was reluctant to let youngsters out of sight or did not use the loan system well.

the gripe was usually that we sent players to crappy teams.  the assumption behind the gripe was that there would have been good teams willing to take those youngsters. 

i am pleased we are now seeing championship play-off contenders taking our youngsters on loan as they see them adding value in their important games.  maybe in a year or so's time, when sterling's a bit older, we might see us "do a wilshere" and get a youngster cutting his teeth on loan in the EPL

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »
This will be the end of Pacheco - the myth - and the start of Pacheco - the player.

Exactly.

Hope he gets as many games as possible for them to show whether he can handle the physical aspect of the english game, which I suspect may be a reason for his limited chances so far due to his size and build, and hopefully to prove that he is the player we all hope he is.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2011, 01:01:45 pm »

Good move for him, and for both clubs.

I hope he will play on a regular basis.

Here's Hoping!!
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2011, 01:01:50 pm »
You've clearly never seen Pacheco play then. Cast-iron logic there as well.

Not going to offer my thoughts on this loan except to say it's a shame he has to move on loan to get this sort of experience given some of the shite we've got in the squad. I hope he takes the opportunity to show he cannot be ignored and is welcomed back into the first team squad in July.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2011, 01:02:06 pm »
Interesting to see if he plays for them - defeats the object if he swaps our bench for Norwich City's....

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:37 pm »
Hope he gets as many games as possible for them to show whether he can handle the physical aspect of the english game, which I suspect may be a reason for his limited chances so far due to his size and build, and hopefully to prove that he is the player we all hope he is.
Aye, City are keeping Silva in bubble wrap and next to a fan heater aren't they, the poor wee mite.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »
baby i like it,the way ...eh wrong thread
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2011, 01:32:09 pm »
Aye, City are keeping Silva in bubble wrap and next to a fan heater aren't they, the poor wee mite.

Completely different situation, and you know it. Silva has been playing first team football for more than 5 years and is an established international and continental footballer who has proven his ability to mix it, Pacheco has no first team experience and hasn't proven anything. While we're here what has silva playing for Man City got to do with Dani Pacheco at Liverpool? because they're both short arsed spaniards they should be able to cope in EXACTLY the same manner?

In any event, I was only saying I suspect that may be a reason for him not getting a game at the moment, not that I think its a reason or would agree with that reasoning.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2011, 01:37:49 pm »
Brad Jones has just joined Derby on loan too.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2011, 01:39:03 pm »
Brad Jones has just joined Derby on loan too.

Good move for him, really didn't need him here in the first place. Good luck to him.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »
Best that he gets some games...
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Marshall

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »
Hope he rips up the Championship. Good luck Dani!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2011, 02:51:40 pm »
Best of luck to the lad, hope he stands out for them.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2011, 02:53:02 pm »
Very happy with this, Norwich are my 2nd team (if I have one) and they're a good club who are having a great year in the Championship.  Will be good to see him getting the games :)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:19 pm »

:lmao

Completely different situation, and you know it. Silva has been playing first team football for more than 5 years and is an established international and continental footballer who has proven his ability to mix it, Pacheco has no first team experience and hasn't proven anything. While we're here what has silva playing for Man City got to do with Dani Pacheco at Liverpool? because they're both short arsed spaniards they should be able to cope in EXACTLY the same manner?

In any event, I was only saying I suspect that may be a reason for him not getting a game at the moment, not that I think its a reason or would agree with that reasoning.

Exactly. One is a 20-year-old with a handful of first team appearances. The other 25, will nearly 150.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2011, 03:00:17 pm »
Anyway, I'm pleased about this, it looks a good move for him. It's a chance for him to show his ability and to get first team football, which should benefit his development no end. His chances were always going to be limited here with the number of experienced players ahead of him.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2011, 03:20:02 pm »
Anyway, I'm pleased about this, it looks a good move for him. It's a chance for him to show his ability and to get first team football, which should benefit his development no end. His chances were always going to be limited here with the number of experienced players ahead of him.

Dalglish should talk with Lambert to see where their squad could do with some strengthening, then send out some loanees with cheap buy clauses and reasonably cheap buyback clauses. Norwich try to play the way Liverpool should, but with less resources, so giving them resources in exchange for experience in a similar game would be beneficial to both sides.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2011, 04:16:19 pm »
Dalglish should talk with Lambert to see where their squad could do with some strengthening, then send out some loanees with cheap buy clauses and reasonably cheap buyback clauses. Norwich try to play the way Liverpool should, but with less resources, so giving them resources in exchange for experience in a similar game would be beneficial to both sides.

I totally agree mate.

Offline killbot

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2011, 04:20:20 pm »
When is Naaaaarwich's next game?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:15 pm »
good move and now he needs to play, preferably through the middle and not from the wing, and hopefully get a few goals
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
When is Naaaaarwich's next game?

Are you really asking that and then waiting for a reply?

Have you heard of google?  Or bbc sport?

Offline lfcderek

• Palooka basher Go ed Del Boy lid. Your right to point out wear I am wrong. Deffo more derek than lfc.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »
Didn't Dani sign a 3 year contract a few months ago? This loan, plus maybe an extension for the first 6 months of next season, seems to be an ideal way to get him ready to become an active member of the squad.

With a good summer in the transfer market we may be in a position in more games (3-0 up and coasting) to bring the young lads in for PL experience.
"Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right."
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn`t learn something from him."
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2011, 04:31:11 pm »
Thing is if he aint getting a game now I cant see him getting much of a go next season when we've strengthened the squad a lot(hopefully). Hope he impresses at Norwich and shows us that he cant be ignored and deserves a few proper chances in the side. Really think hes very talented and a player we could really regret getting rid of.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"