Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3475359 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44160 on: December 22, 2016, 05:39:29 pm »
The Guard is a fun film, Calvary the supporting cast is terrible.

In Bruges is superior to both.
The Guard is quality. Some genuine laugh put loud moments in there.

It's typical Irish humour though, I do wonder if some of it is unusual to non-irish or if it goes over their heads.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44161 on: December 22, 2016, 06:10:16 pm »
The Guard is quality. Some genuine laugh put loud moments in there.

It's typical Irish humour though, I do wonder if some of it is unusual to non-irish or if it goes over their heads.

I enjoyed the film a lot, and found it funny, but I'm not Irish. However bits may have gone over my head that I didn't notice. It wouldn't be the first time ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44162 on: December 22, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »
In Bruges is good, even Colin can't ruin that one.

thought it was superficial and too nudge nudge wink wink personally.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44163 on: December 22, 2016, 06:37:28 pm »
In Bruges is good, even Colin can't ruin that one.

Love In Bruges. Yeah Colin Farrell is good in that, as he is in Tigerland, Phone Booth, Daredevil (bad film I know but Farrell at least is fun to watch) and the Lobster, which is either excellent or terrible depending on who you ask.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44164 on: December 22, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
I enjoyed the film a lot, and found it funny, but I'm not Irish. However bits may have gone over my head that I didn't notice. It wouldn't be the first time ;D

The Guard and Calvary are both by John Michael McDonagh, who isn't Irish. In Bruge (and Seven Psychopaths) is by his brother, Martin McDonagh, who isn't Irish either. Both are from London, but grew up in an Irish family and have written most of their material around Ireland and Irish characters. Martin was originally known as a playwright before moving into film.

Love all their films, think The Guard is probably the funniest of the lot. In Bruge is the most well-structured screenplay I've ever seen, and Calvary is beautiful, surprising and absolutely devastating.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44165 on: December 22, 2016, 08:00:18 pm »
Trolls 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO

Trolls 2016 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

Trolls 2016 1080p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44166 on: December 22, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »
Can't find a link for that anywhere, where'd you locate it?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44167 on: December 22, 2016, 08:17:48 pm »
Can't find a link for that anywhere, where'd you locate it?
IPT, of course. ;D It's  only been upped in the last thirty minutes.  Should be everywhere soon.

The qualities really good.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44168 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18:47 pm »
IPT, of course. ;D Should be everywhere soon.

Meh, don't have that.
That works on invites right?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44169 on: December 22, 2016, 08:24:07 pm »
Meh, don't have that.
That works on invites right?
Would you like an invite? Pm me an email address if so.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #44170 on: December 22, 2016, 10:20:14 pm »
Nocturnal Animals too  ;D

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44171 on: December 23, 2016, 08:15:11 am »
IPT, of course. ;D It's  only been upped in the last thirty minutes.  Should be everywhere soon.

Could you please message me on how this IPT stuff works?  Thanks

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44172 on: December 23, 2016, 10:10:32 am »
Just DL'd and watched an American football player biography movie.  I'm not a fan of NFL but I do like a good biographical sporting movie

It was called Greater and it was a pile of shite

I didn't realise but it is one of those 'Christian sports' movies (You know, work hard, turn the other cheek and believe in the power of Christ and you will be good at sports) -  a bit like 'Rudy'

Utter shite, full of unsophisticated and hackneyed preachy messages and metaphors
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44173 on: December 23, 2016, 10:38:12 am »
Trespass Against Us
Watchable but not great, offered little and the hit a very saccharin note at the end.

That said, watching Fassbender leather a Scooby was boss but that's probably the chav in me trying to get out ;D
Just DL'd and watched an American football player biography movie.  I'm not a fan of NFL but I do like a good biographical sporting movie

I didn't realise but it is one of those 'Christian sports' movies (You know, work hard, turn the other cheek and believe in the power of Christ and you will be good at sports) -  a bit like 'Rudy'

Utter shite, full of unsophisticated and hackneyed preachy messages and metaphors
Watch GooN, it'll wash that stench right off and almost unbelievably, it's actually non-fiction to boot ;D :wave

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44174 on: December 23, 2016, 10:53:17 am »
Watchable but not great, offered little and the hit a very saccharin note at the end.

That said, watching Fassbender leather a Scooby was boss but that's probably the chav in me trying to get out ;DWatch GooN, it'll wash that stench right off and almost unbelievably, it's actually non-fiction to boot ;D :wave

they've made a sequel, love Liev Schreiber in the first one

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44175 on: December 23, 2016, 11:08:50 am »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44176 on: December 23, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

Have a look at Dallas North Forty for a good film based in the gridiron world. I think it's a good film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079640/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44177 on: December 23, 2016, 11:32:37 am »
they've made a sequel, love Liev Schreiber in the first one
Ha ha Brilliant! Out in March, will defo go to see that ::) ;D 8) :wave

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44178 on: December 23, 2016, 06:07:34 pm »

Not when the film in question has an 7.3 out of 10 rating - Most likely all the reviewers are from Arkansas

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #44179 on: December 24, 2016, 12:37:06 am »
I just tried to watch Independence Day: Resurgence. What a pile of turd that was. Gave up halfway through. A script would have been nice rather than shouts as some ill-defined character steers their ship through some over the top CGI 'stuff' for no obvious reason.

The point I gave up was the moment when the two guys who had a punch-up early on (and therefore had developed a grudging respect for each other after one of them had lost someone close - in accordance with standard character development chapter 1) flew at each other, did a hard right, and shot the Messerschmidt, sorry shot alien that was on the others tail before tipping their wings and passing belly-to-belly.

It's so disappointing that a studio can spend that much money on something so soul-less and predictable.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44180 on: December 24, 2016, 01:52:19 am »
I'm going to see 'It's A Wonderful Life' at a local movie theatre tonight. It will be the first time I'm seeing it on the big screen. I'm not a massive Christmas person but that film never fails me.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44181 on: December 24, 2016, 07:01:09 am »
Kind of annoying that more screeners haven't leaked. This time last year there was heaps. Although I believe that was quite a substantial leak.

Just have to wait I suppose. It has come to this!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44182 on: December 24, 2016, 10:23:55 am »
Watched some films last night.

Everest. Was alright. Climbing Everest looks shit though, glad I've never wanted to do it. Movie was passable.

Blood Father. Enjoyable enough. Mel Gibson looked like Paul Hollywood: The Crack Pie years.

The Lego Movie. Still funny on the 7th showing. Especially love the details like 80s Spaceman's cracked helmet.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44183 on: December 24, 2016, 10:35:31 am »
I just tried to watch Independence Day: Resurgence. What a pile of turd that was. Gave up halfway through. A script would have been nice rather than shouts as some ill-defined character steers their ship through some over the top CGI 'stuff' for no obvious reason.

The point I gave up was the moment when the two guys who had a punch-up early on (and therefore had developed a grudging respect for each other after one of them had lost someone close - in accordance with standard character development chapter 1) flew at each other, did a hard right, and shot the Messerschmidt, sorry shot alien that was on the others tail before tipping their wings and passing belly-to-belly.

It's so disappointing that a studio can spend that much money on something so soul-less and predictable.
I watched the 1st one in my mid teens about 3-4 times at the cinema. ::)

This sequel i got about 25 mins in around the time of that sequence of scenes on the moon and couldn't be arsed with it as it was simply awful.

No wonder Will Smith gave that film a huge swerve,can imagine the producers and that awful cheesy German director giving him the spiel of that clusterfuck of the movie and he said i'll get right back to you. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #44184 on: December 24, 2016, 11:00:34 am »
Rewatched Krampus. Cute movie, loved the style to it. Can tell the same guy who done Trick 'r Treat. Costume design was stunning.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #44185 on: December 24, 2016, 11:21:46 am »
I watched the 1st one in my mid teens about 3-4 times at the cinema. ::)

This sequel i got about 25 mins in around the time of that sequence of scenes on the moon and couldn't be arsed with it as it was simply awful.

No wonder Will Smith gave that film a huge swerve
,can imagine the producers and that awful cheesy German director giving him the spiel of that clusterfuck of the movie and he said i'll get right back to you. ;D
Yeah, good old Will sure knows how to pick them. ;D

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44186 on: December 24, 2016, 11:26:54 am »
Didn't he turn it down in favour of Suicide Squad? Poor Will.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #44187 on: December 24, 2016, 11:35:02 am »

apparently it made $745,600,054 off $175 mil, with him being the top billed actor, I'm sure he's weeping all the way to the bank
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44188 on: December 24, 2016, 11:40:11 am »
I thought Suicide Squad was great
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44189 on: December 24, 2016, 12:28:28 pm »
apparently it made $745,600,054 off $175 mil, with him being the top billed actor, I'm sure he's weeping all the way to the bank
I haven't seen that film, but it's more a collective efffort film than a one man film,yeah?

In 16 we should look to the bomb that was Collateral Beauty for a Smith driven film....didn't do too well....I'm being nice. ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44190 on: December 24, 2016, 12:41:53 pm »
I watched Nocturnal animals last night

Thought it was a bit meh

Awesome cast containing some of my favourite actors - Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams, Michael Sheen, Michael Shannon, Armie Hammer, Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Theres two main parts to the story - One set I assume in LA and one set in 'the south?' The LA stuff is all clean lines, black and white, cold and distant and the 'south' but is ...guess what.....sandy, dusty dirty (Oh wow Tom, I see what you did there!) - Most of the characetrs have a 'colour palette' - Icy blue, monochrome and  - theres a gay character who wears a lilac jacket - come on!

Didn't feel anything for any of the characters - This movie is all about the aesthetics- no character depth, I couldn't give a shit for any of the characters and I really wanted to.

Critics will say that its a subtle, layered piece but for me it was about as subtle and layered as a big mac

Not sure if its worth spoliering but

Spoiler
for instance - Amy Adams is in her art gallery and obviously the film is about revenge and she's stood there in front of a 10 foot piece of art that is the word revenge in white against a black background - come on ffs!)
[close]

Its a shame because with a cast like that I expected a lot more but seeing as Tom Ford designs clothes, it is of course all visual motifs and little else

Not for me Clive
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:43:40 pm by Igor Tripod Biscan »

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #44191 on: December 24, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »
Kind of annoying that more screeners haven't leaked. This time last year there was heaps. Although I believe that was quite a substantial leak.

Just have to wait I suppose. It has come to this!

Enjoy them while never being a massive fan of the franchise but my god I was really looking forward to watching Rogue One on Christmas night. It seemed like a perfect treat to watch a never before seen Star Wars film with the fire going, a few drinks and loads of food.

Where has the Christmas spirit gone? Leak the dam pirate movies.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #44192 on: December 24, 2016, 12:48:26 pm »
In the spirit of JP, I've decided we're having a festive 5 this year, only criteria is they have to be British.

I'm currently DL'ing for the next 5 days(bar the Stoke game of course):

Tonight - Trainspotting
Chrimbo night - A Matter of life and Death
Boxing Night - Life of Brian
28th - The Ladykillers
29th - Gregory's Girl

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #44193 on: December 24, 2016, 01:44:41 pm »
 Can't wait for Trainspotting 2. The Dark Tower next year too!

That Nocturnal Animals looks a right head fuck.

I can get any film I want on the dodge, but it's always fun going to a cinema with a mate bevvied. Trainspotting 2 will be boss for that

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #44194 on: December 24, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »
In the spirit of JP, I've decided we're having a festive 5 this year, only criteria is they have to be British.

I'm currently DL'ing for the next 5 days(bar the Stoke game of course):

Tonight - Trainspotting
Chrimbo night - A Matter of life and Death
Boxing Night - Life of Brian
28th - The Ladykillers
29th - Gregory's Girl

Go outside and have some fun you boring bastard ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44195 on: December 25, 2016, 05:14:47 am »
Looks like they  brought in a Jedi to sort them out.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WllguzelFFs&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WllguzelFFs&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44196 on: December 25, 2016, 08:14:15 am »
That looks really good...

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44197 on: December 25, 2016, 09:22:41 am »
Was hoping to wake up to screeners today.  :(
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #44198 on: December 25, 2016, 10:24:36 am »
Danny McBride too.....Shits just gone to another level!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44199 on: December 26, 2016, 12:13:53 am »
Watched a couple of movies tonight.

Trespass against us which i found a bit slow and meh.

Deepwater Horizon though was a good watch,some amazing special effects,surprised only 11 people died (missing) out of 126 people during that disaster.

BP don't come out to good in this movie,they abandoned a underwater test that cost around 125k that would have found pressure building on the sea bed and because of that mistake and their greed at wanting to drill oil they ended up paying out $42 billion in compensation plus another $18 billion in fines and another $4 billion in fines by the justice dept.

And the environmental and wildlife damage on top of that clusterfuck.

Twats.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."