Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 613049 times)

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
Re: NBA Season 2015-16 Discussion
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2016, 01:03:55 pm »

Jalen called Isaiah as an All-Star and people laughed at him. Good call, Jalen.  ;D ;)

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2016, 01:16:39 pm »
^ John Wall is sneaky overrated.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:41 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »
LeBron looked fucking huuuuge there.

Offline sydneysider

• Boys Pen
« Reply #324 on: February 1, 2016, 04:27:35 am »
LeBron taking Leonard back to school

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 2, 2016, 03:45:56 am »
If DeRozan opts out at the end of the season the Raptors are going to go through a lean spell again. Looks like the winning streak is going to end tonight, Denver are always a trap game, especially when you're in the mile high city.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2016, 03:48:58 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #326 on: February 2, 2016, 07:07:24 am »
If DeRozan opts out at the end of the season the Raptors are going to go through a lean spell again. Looks like the winning streak is going to end tonight, Denver are always a trap game, especially when you're in the mile high city.
He would probably command a max contract right? I know the Lakers were linked in the media with the idea of offering a max to him. He's from Los Angeles and I could totally see him heading there, even if that team is a cesspool.

His stats are very similar to post-Iverson Iguodala on the Sixers and Iggy is the superior defender of the two. He wasn't offered the max back then and a few years later the team was looking to dump his contract. Tough spot for a franchise.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 2, 2016, 09:59:14 am »
He would probably command a max contract right? I know the Lakers were linked in the media with the idea of offering a max to him. He's from Los Angeles and I could totally see him heading there, even if that team is a cesspool.

His stats are very similar to post-Iverson Iguodala on the Sixers and Iggy is the superior defender of the two. He wasn't offered the max back then and a few years later the team was looking to dump his contract. Tough spot for a franchise.

He'll almost certainly get a max contract, whether he gets that from Toronto is another matter. He and Lowry are like brothers, so have to hope that's enough for him to want to stay and try and take the team forward. If he was to opt out I think we'd have a tough time again for a while because there's nowhere near enough firepower on this roster without him. I do think he puts up a ton of a bad shots but during the win streak he was great.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2016, 10:03:52 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 2, 2016, 02:37:29 pm »
Toronto are definitely giving him a max contract.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 2, 2016, 03:00:15 pm »
Toronto are definitely giving him a max contract.

I think there's about an 80-90% chance we'll give him a max but if we don't win a play-off series this year I won't be as confident of that happening. If we flop again Ujiri might be tempted to let him go and start over again.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #330 on: February 2, 2016, 04:38:37 pm »
We are 100 percent offering him a max contract lol
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 2, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »
We are 100 percent offering him a max contract lol

I'm not 100% confident of it happening. It's extremely likely but I can see a scenario where Ujiri decides against it. It hinges on what Ujiri's expectations are. If he's content with the team being a good team but not being a Championship contender signing DeRozan is an absolute certainty. I don't think signing DeRozan improves our chances of being an elite team because we're not and I don't think we will be unless he rips it up and starts from scratch using the draft. We're a very good team but not elite. Letting DeRozan will almost certainly consign us to the wilderness for a little while and Lowry will be carrying the team similar to Lillard in Portland.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2016, 04:58:51 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 3, 2016, 01:53:29 am »
Woj saying the Warriors are going to make a run at Durant in the offseason. Insane if that goes down.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 3, 2016, 03:47:21 am »
Woj saying the Warriors are going to make a run at Durant in the offseason. Insane if that goes down.

After that many years with OKC, if he is to leave, i don't see him leaving without a trade as a courtesy to OKC. As a Warriors fan i have questions about such trade because they won't be okay with Barnes only. They will probably go after Klay which is untouchable for me. Durant needs the ball in his hands and i think it will lower the efficiency of Curry. Plus, I don't think he would enjoy being the 2nd option with much less touches than in OKC since we need Curry,Klay and Green to get their portion of touches. Why break up when we are "possibly" 2 times championship formula? If we had Durant this year, would we lose less than 4 games? I don't think so.

I have a feeling he will stay with OKC.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 3, 2016, 06:35:00 am »
Rolling back the years, Kobe...Team Tank can have a night off for that.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 3, 2016, 06:37:03 am »
After that many years with OKC, if he is to leave, i don't see him leaving without a trade as a courtesy to OKC. As a Warriors fan i have questions about such trade because they won't be okay with Barnes only. They will probably go after Klay which is untouchable for me. Durant needs the ball in his hands and i think it will lower the efficiency of Curry. Plus, I don't think he would enjoy being the 2nd option with much less touches than in OKC since we need Curry,Klay and Green to get their portion of touches. Why break up when we are "possibly" 2 times championship formula? If we had Durant this year, would we lose less than 4 games? I don't think so.

I have a feeling he will stay with OKC.
KD plays with one of the most ball dominant players in the league...he absolutely doesnt need the ball in his hands.

Offline sydneysider

• Boys Pen
« Reply #336 on: February 4, 2016, 04:01:42 am »
Curry in a world of his own right now

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 4, 2016, 04:19:47 am »
Curry in a world of his own right now

We don't need Durant! ;)

Offline sydneysider

• Boys Pen
« Reply #338 on: February 4, 2016, 04:30:25 am »
We don't need Durant! ;)

Course not, it would be one of the greatest chokes of all time if they don't take it out this season.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 4, 2016, 04:59:40 pm »
Lots of bandwagon GSW fans in Washington last night.  ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #340 on: February 4, 2016, 05:11:15 pm »
Curry is undefendable. He hits threes like others make lay ups. He's surely the best shooter of all time?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #341 on: February 4, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »
Curry is undefendable. He hits threes like others make lay ups. He's surely the best shooter of all time?

I've never seen the like. Even stranger, his shooting form and technique is all skewed,  His release is far too quick and starts from almost near his midriff, and the release is slightly above is head (as opposed to a full extension). But I've never, ever seen anyone shoot the lights out like Curry. I remember seeing Bird when he was on fire, or Jordan. Days when their turnarounds where nothing but net. I still get nightmares of them. But all the way from 3 point line, and then a couple feet beyond that? Never.

On a similar note, for anyone taking up basketball. J.R Smith has the most beautiful, fundamentally sound, shot. Perfection. From his feet stance, to the angle of his waist in conjuction with his shooting elbow, the direction of his shooting elbow in relation to the ring, to the whole mechanics of catching, lifting, and shooting the ball. Whenever I see him in highlights (or if I'm watching the game), I get all giddy and excited when he has the ball as I'm anticipating his shooting. ;) Unforunately, he has the worst shot selection, and basketball IQ, I've seen in anyone as talented as he is.

Back on topic. What a great shooter Curry is. Better than his father (not as easy as it sounds), and his father was an elite shooter in his own right. Greatest shooter of All-time? I'm in. Though I still don't have him in my top 5 pgs of all time (not even sure if he makes it into the top 10, thus far). But if he keeps this up, I'm concerned he knocks Isiah Thomas as the greatest small guard in NBA history.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 5, 2016, 01:01:21 am »
This is some of the worst basketball I've ever seen from NY.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #343 on: February 5, 2016, 01:13:03 am »
This is some of the worst basketball I've ever seen from NY.

That's saying something
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 5, 2016, 01:14:15 am »
That's saying something

Are you watching? Dear God it's awful, can't score and can't stop Detroit scoring either.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #345 on: February 5, 2016, 02:34:41 am »

Are you watching? Dear God it's awful, can't score and can't stop Detroit scoring either.

:D  Tied at 95.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 5, 2016, 02:38:16 am »
:D  Tied at 95.

Been quite some comeback this, Anthony has shot the ball terribly, 4-17. NY were absolutely awful in the first half, 12 FGs in the entirety of it tells it's own story. Detroit seem keen to outshit them though.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #347 on: February 5, 2016, 04:44:24 am »
I've never seen the like. Even stranger, his shooting form and technique is all skewed,  His release is far too quick and starts from almost near his midriff, and the release is slightly above is head (as opposed to a full extension). But I've never, ever seen anyone shoot the lights out like Curry. I remember seeing Bird when he was on fire, or Jordan. Days when their turnarounds where nothing but net. I still get nightmares of them. But all the way from 3 point line, and then a couple feet beyond that? Never.

On a similar note, for anyone taking up basketball. J.R Smith has the most beautiful, fundamentally sound, shot. Perfection. From his feet stance, to the angle of his waist in conjuction with his shooting elbow, the direction of his shooting elbow in relation to the ring, to the whole mechanics of catching, lifting, and shooting the ball. Whenever I see him in highlights (or if I'm watching the game), I get all giddy and excited when he has the ball as I'm anticipating his shooting. ;) Unforunately, he has the worst shot selection, and basketball IQ, I've seen in anyone as talented as he is.

Back on topic. What a great shooter Curry is. Better than his father (not as easy as it sounds), and his father was an elite shooter in his own right. Greatest shooter of All-time? I'm in. Though I still don't have him in my top 5 pgs of all time (not even sure if he makes it into the top 10, thus far). But if he keeps this up, I'm concerned he knocks Isiah Thomas as the greatest small guard in NBA history.

Really good post mate again mate, really enjoy reading your contributions to this thread. I only started watching Basketball about 3 years ago and I'm really into it now, probably more than any other sport outside of football. I never played it even in school and I'd never had stood a chance being 5'7. And I don't quite have the speed of Muggsy Bogues to make up for it!

I didn't have a team to support either when I started watching but I'm a night owl at times so Golden State, the Lakers and the Clippers were always on when I was up. I ended up watching GSW quite a bit and they were just so much more exciting to watch than any other team I'd seen so I started following them. I don't say 'we' when referring to them just yet but they are the team I follow. I know they are reigning champions now but I followed them when Jackson was in charge, I just loved watched Steph and Klay rain threes.

I can't see anybody beating them in the play offs unless Curry or Klay are out, or perhaps Green. Green is like the glue. Can shoot, assist, can switch positions and can defend big or small guys. Really good player.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #348 on: February 5, 2016, 05:49:11 am »

;D

That rant about Phoenix by Charles Barkley was absolutely hilarious.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #349 on: February 5, 2016, 12:56:45 pm »

I was just saying...to say "this is some of the worst basketball Ive ever seen from the Knicks". It must have had to be really bad if you have been following them for the last 20 years.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 5, 2016, 12:57:53 pm »
I was just saying...to say "this is some of the worst basketball Ive ever seen from the Knicks". It must have had to be really bad if you have been following them for the last 20 years.

Don't really follow the Knicks much but it's comfortably in the 5 worst first halves I've seen them play.

Offline hic

• Main Stander
  • lalallalal
« Reply #351 on: February 5, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »

for those of you who didn't see it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjVnaMJnAU&feature=youtu.be

curry is just something else. can the last year's mvp be mvp & most improved player of the year?

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 5, 2016, 07:35:43 pm »
for those of you who didn't see it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjVnaMJnAU&feature=youtu.be

curry is just something else. can the last year's mvp be mvp & most improved player of the year?
I think at this point CJ McCollum will grab the most improved player. He is playing really well.

Curry is essentially at Messi status at the moment. If the season ended now, his PER would be the highest ever in NBA history for a single season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 5, 2016, 08:05:38 pm »
;D

That rant about Phoenix by Charles Barkley was absolutely hilarious.

;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4K9F7waSY

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 6, 2016, 04:03:47 am »
The NBA may finally be ready to create rule changes to the Hack-A-Player rules.

“I’m increasingly of the view that we will be looking to make some sort of change in that rule this summer,” said Adam Silver.

Silver has long been neutral to the strategy of intentionally fouling a player who is poor at free throws.

“Even for those who had not wanted to make the change, we’re being forced to that position just based on these sophisticated coaches understandably using every tactic available to them," Silver said. "It’s just not the way we want to see the game played."

There have been nearly 300 Hack-A-Player instances this season compared to 164 in all of last season.

DeAndre Jordan, Andre Drummond and Dwight Howard comprise the majority of Hack-A-Player fouls.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #355 on: February 6, 2016, 04:39:08 am »
The NBA may finally be ready to create rule changes to the Hack-A-Player rules.

“I’m increasingly of the view that we will be looking to make some sort of change in that rule this summer,” said Adam Silver.

Silver has long been neutral to the strategy of intentionally fouling a player who is poor at free throws.

“Even for those who had not wanted to make the change, we’re being forced to that position just based on these sophisticated coaches understandably using every tactic available to them," Silver said. "It’s just not the way we want to see the game played."

There have been nearly 300 Hack-A-Player instances this season compared to 164 in all of last season.

DeAndre Jordan, Andre Drummond and Dwight Howard comprise the majority of Hack-A-Player fouls.

I say don't change it. If a player shoots around 50 percent then why not foul? It's up to the player to improve on their free throws.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 6, 2016, 09:23:35 am »
I say don't change it. If a player shoots around 50 percent then why not foul? It's up to the player to improve on their free throws.

I agree but it does make the game really quite tough to watch.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #357 on: February 6, 2016, 10:52:07 am »
I've lost count how many close games we have lost this season. Fucking chokers.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 7, 2016, 03:14:33 am »
After watching the Sixers win, I turned on the GSW/OKC game. Already a blowout before halftime. Turned it off since OKC aren't even attempting to play D.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 7, 2016, 03:17:42 am »
After watching the Sixers win, I turned on the GSW/OKC game. Already a blowout before halftime. Turned it off since OKC aren't even attempting to play D.

When are they going to get a decent coach?