Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 428688 times)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1640 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:54 pm »
Disgraceful attitude towards a young player in his first season at the club. Your opinions on his quality are based on grossly selective vision, though each to his own, but the attitude towards him is disgusting.

I completely share his opinion.

And I very rarely, if ever, have been so convinced about it either.

There's very few players or signings I've been so dead certain they wouldnt make it here and Henderson is one of them.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1641 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »
It's almost as if Jay has spent his entire career with Liverpool and being given a run out in the CL and the big stage before ::)

and it's almost as if Jay was 2 years older................oh wait!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1642 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:15 pm »
Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't be a regular.

He doesn't have the mindset.

And Lucas would be... what was it again championship fodder ? if he wasn't brazilian right ?

Gotta love the way you were so certain about him aswell and yet look at him now. Your comments about Adam in the summer were nothing short of insane and the u-turn on them this season was inevitable, i think you're wrong about this one aswell, he's shown alot of promsie and claiming he's average and a shithouse is pathetic.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #1643 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »
In business terms most success businessmen/women have been bankrupt but they get knocked down and get back up again to be a success.

I've no problem a player stepping down a level - proving people wrong and getting success.

Henderson had a golden spoon - he was golden boy and with the 'Man Utd want you for 18m' line which comes out to utd feeder clubs like Everton and Sunderland every so often  some got sucked into this and believe it.

However Henderson is an average player and always has been - no going down and getting up this lad... a real shithouse.

About as much credibility as Robbie Savage's barber
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1644 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:56 pm »
Find Fordy and Brentie's views (amongst others) pretty disgusting to be honest. Horror of a thread this one, just so much excrement poured into it daily.

Offline Cozzi1930

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1645 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:23 pm »
Henderson is a young and talented player. He has been over-played this season. I can see him having long and prosperous career at LFC, if he is willing to learn and improve his game.
I don't think anyone really doubts his talent and his willingness to learn, for me It's his mentality and mind set that isn't up to it.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1646 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:30 pm »
I don't think anyone really doubts his talent and his willingness to learn, for me It's his mentality and mind set that isn't up to it.
YET.

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #1647 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »

The kid is 21. Do you really expect him to be a fully developed person at that age? If he is willing to learn, he will come good.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: March 26, 2012, 08:43:56 pm »
Find Fordy and Brentie's views (amongst others) pretty disgusting to be honest. Horror of a thread this one, just so much excrement poured into it daily.

Not too bothered what you think mate. I havent insulted Henderson once in this thread- I just think he's an incredibly uncourageous player, scared of his surroundings, and extremely limited in what he offers us.

Apart from Jordan Henderson's mum, I dont see how that can offend anyone. Pretty sure there are hundred of thousands of football fans across the globe who think the same way as I do.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1649 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »

In life if we wrote people off because of their mentality at 21 the species would of become extinct centuries ago.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:33 pm »
just to add, if it hasnt already been added, both pepe and dirk said in separate interviews that henderson is the best trainer at the club, he'll come good in my opinion, really fuckin good

Offline Cozzi1930

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1651 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »
In life if we wrote people off because of their mentality at 21 the species would of become extinct centuries ago.
I'm not writing him off, I'd love to see him succeed and I hope to god he does. I just think his downfall will be his ability to play with the expectation and pressure that comes when playing for a club like Liverpool.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1652 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:38 pm »
Not too bothered what you think mate.
Nor should you be.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: March 26, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »

Al, question.

You've seen lots of Liverpool players come and go.

You've seen lots of young players come up and break into the first team and be successes at Anfield and plenty others break into the team and failing.

But have you ever seen a 21 year old player so lacking in belief, absolutely petrified of making a mistake or trying something different?

Because I certainly haven't.

I've been watching Liverpool for 26 years, a lot less than other people. But during that time, off the top of my head, I've seen Mcmanaman, Redknapp, Fowler, Owen, Murphy, Steven Wright, Gerrard, Thompson, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Alonso, Sissoko, Vignal, Matteo, Carroll, Lucas, Ngog, Kelly, Carra, Flanno, Shelvey,Spearing, El Zhar etc etc... play for Liverpool at a young age.

And I've never seen a young player so petrified of wearing the shirt as Jordan Henderson. The only one who comes close was Djimi Traore.

So the whole, "He's 21, his mentality will get better' or "He's our next Lucas'... Sorry, I dont buy it. There's way bigger issues with him.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:47 pm »
Pretty sure there are hundred of thousands of football fans across the globe who think the same way as I do.

who do these 'football fans' support? What experience do these hundreds of thousands have of developing top class young players?

Just a load of shite, even if it is global shite.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1655 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »
Al, question.

You've seen lots of young players come up and break into the first team and be successes at Anfield and plenty others break into the team and failing.

But have you ever seen a 21 year old player so lacking in belief, absolutely petrified of making a mistake or trying something different?

I've been watching Liverpool for 26 years, a lot less than other people. But during that time, off the top of my head, I've seen Mcmanaman, Redknapp, Fowler, Owen, Murphy, Steven Wright, Gerrard, Thompson, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Alonso, Sissoko, Vignal, Matteo, Carroll, Lucas, Ngog, Kelly, Carra, Flanno, Shelvey,Spearing, El Zhar etc etc... play for Liverpool at a young age.

And I've never seen a young player so petrified of wearing the shirt as Jordan Henderson. The only one who comes close was Djimi Traore.

So the whole, "He's 21, his mentality will get better' or "He's our next Lucas'... Sorry, I dont buy it. There's way bigger issues with him.

I do agree with parts of this.

I think the lad has ability but looks scared to try anything and not the hardest either.

Also, I found the signing an odd one considering what else we needed.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1656 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:32 pm »
Maybe he lacks confidence and 'looks scared' because supporters are on his back rather than supporting him. Just a thought. And I'm not referring only to supporters at the match either.

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1657 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »
Al, question.

cant find much wrong with that to be honest, if anything.

okay coming to a big club he's bound to have a few nerves and be a bit safe in his play, but were getting to the end of the season now and he still looks petrified, maybe it will come next season but he hasen't shown much this season that fills me with confidence that he can turn it around.

on the other hand maybe were being a bit harsh on the lad and all he needs is to settle properly and get used to surroundings and his confidence will come but who knows.

for starters he needs to be played in the center were he has looked good, then maybe the confidence will come?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »
Maybe he lacks confidence and 'looks scared' because supporters are on his back rather than supporting him. Just a thought. And I'm not referring only to supporters at the match either.

Yep. It's the 42 page thread on RAWK's, where any naysayer is shouted down, fault.

Jesus Christ.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: March 26, 2012, 09:09:50 pm »
Yep. It's the 42 page thread on RAWK's, where any naysayer is shouted down, fault.

Jesus Christ.

Hasn't he started to get booed at games?

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1660 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »

i wouldn't say booed, i certainly didnt hear any.

but tony barrett said a few were starting to get a bit restless with him on saturday, what they were saying or doing he didnt say

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »

Don't know but if it's true, then Im sure this thread is to blame.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »
Don't know but if it's true, then Im sure this thread is to blame.

Obviously its not but hes getting unfair criticism on here.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1663 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »

More of a Lucas groan than an outright boo.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1664 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »
You cannot expect all players to come and awe like Alonso and Torres. Most players take some time to adapt, and especially so if they're as young as Hendo.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »

Getting that far too often, even when things are good

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1666 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:20 pm »

Jesus Christ.
Is that what I said? Nope.

Offline AJG

• Know All Transfer Guru and Fledgling DoF
  • Kopite
  • It's true, I was Comolli's apprentice
« Reply #1667 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:07 pm »
I think he'll be much better next season when he's hopefully a bit part player coming off the bench. Less pressure will be on him.
''I just want to say to him if your confidence is down in front of the 40,000 opponent's fans, just
imagine them like a frog, an ugly frog'' - Mohammad Shahrul

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »
Is that what I said? Nope.

You said he was getting affected by the fans negativity around him and not just at the match.

So where if not the forums?

The pub? The bus stops? The podcasts?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1669 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:19 pm »

Yep. But when the number of people groaning gets into the hundreds or even thousands, it gets pretty noticeable. People love a bandwagon. I'm sure it's pure coincidence that Henderson has replaced Lucas as the player Alan Green "doesn't get".
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: March 26, 2012, 09:23:53 pm »
You said he was getting affected by the fans negativity around him and not just at the match.

So where if not the forums?

The pub? The bus stops? The podcasts?

It is ridiculous to suggest that players are not affected by negativity wherever it comes from.

This lad is extremely highly rated by coaching staff, he'll be more than OK.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
It is ridiculous to suggest that players are not affected by negativity wherever it comes from.

Luis Suarez gets fucking dog's abuse every game by thousands of people. It does nothign to his game.

Every single Liverpool player gets lots of criticism everywhere. That's part of parcel of playing for Liverpool. There are high standards to uphold and if you dont meet them, you'll know about it.

Too many players bought from mid table clubs are shocked by this. They're absolutely unable to adapt to have the eyes of the world on them and critics, in the media and elsewhere, ready to pounce.

Jodran Henderson is exactly like that. So are many others. It's one of the main reasons we havent won a league for 22 years.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1672 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »
Luis Suarez gets fucking dog's abuse every game by thousands of people. It does nothign to his game.

Every single Liverpool player gets lots of criticism everywhere. That's part of parcel of playing for Liverpool. There are high standards to uphold and if you dont meet them, you'll know about it.

Too many players bought from mid table clubs are shocked by this. They're absolutely unable to adapt to have the eyes of the world on them and critics, in the media and elsewhere, ready to pounce.

Jodran Henderson is exactly like that. So are many others. It's one of the main reasons we havent won a league for 22 years.

Getting dogs abuse from opposition fans means you are doing something right and is totally different from your own fans getting on your back.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1673 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »
Why can't we give Henderson some time?  It's not his fault he's been stuck out of position ina team that hardly functions with a huge price tag is it?

His confidence is shot at the moment, I don't think anyone could argue differently.  But how's about we give him a season alongside Lucas, with Stevie G in front and see how he shapes up then?  You never know, with a quality confident partner [Lucas] whose a decent protector of young talent in the team (see Robbo, Flanno and Spearing last season) we might, just might get a player out of Henderson.  Course if y'all just wanna carry on writing this 21 year old off, then that's up to you :(
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: March 26, 2012, 09:35:30 pm »
Although he's been unconvincing, you can't judge him on one season.

I think it's also been a mistake by Kenny to start him in so many games. A young lad trying to bed in at a massive club, new surroundings, new expectations shouldn't be thrown to the lions like he has. Not been aided by the terraces either- there's so much scepticism whenever he gets the ball. Can't help the lad.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1675 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »
If you can't understand that getting abuse from opposition fans is wildly different to moans and groans from your OWN fans, there is no hope for you.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1676 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »
Brentie just a quick question. Have you watched him at any stage at underage level for England ?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:34 pm »
Getting dogs abuse from opposition fans means you are doing something right and is totally different from your own fans getting on your back.

Danny Murphy got stick from the fans in 2002. Scored the winner at Old Trafford the game after that.

It's about mentality.

Offline Treasure Everywhere

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez wins a corner
« Reply #1678 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »

You can't compare that. Nobody's giving Suarez any abuse about the quality of his playing.

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
« Reply #1679 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »
just to add, if it hasnt already been added, both pepe and dirk said in separate interviews that henderson is the best trainer at the club,

Reminds me of an anecdote in Ginger McCain's autobiography, along the lines of -

Donald - He's a good walker Dad (at reference to a yearling in the sales they were viewing)
Ginger - Yes, but they don't have bloody walking races.