Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 240201 times)

Offline Johny Bee

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2023, 07:16:51 am »
こんにちは
ようこそワタル
プレミアリーグでの幸運を祈っています

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2023, 07:53:48 am »
out of interest, what is "Endo-kun" and is it the same as "Endo-san"?
Kun is very casual whereas san is formal. Kun is also often used on children or from older people to young people.

Never thought I'd see so much Japanese on this site  ;D

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2023, 08:22:20 am »
Lucas Leiva Mach II.

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2023, 08:33:08 am »
Hopefully we can announce this before 12pm. Would love to see him off the bench, even if only for a cameo tomorrow.

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2023, 08:42:11 am »
Kun is very casual whereas san is formal. Kun is also often used on children or from older people to young people.

Never thought I'd see so much Japanese on this site  ;D

I'd always go for "senshu" 選手 with a player. just like you'd go for "sensei" 先生 with a teacher or doctor. If someone who didn't know me ever called me "kun", they were definitely talking down to me.

One of Endo's former teammates on the national team and the Urawa Reds was very specific - and slightly touchy - about it: https://soranews24.com/2018/10/24/the-japanese-language-has-a-special-honorific-suffix-just-for-talking-to-athletes/

And yeah, slightly blowing my mind how many people here know their 日本語. Who knew?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:45:01 am by De La Goal »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2023, 08:52:02 am »
I'm happy we're signing him, seems versatile, a good character from reports and is a DM which we need...

If he can slot straight into the team that would be good.

Am a bit sad for him that his arrival is coming off the back of the whole Caicedo/Lavia saga and people are instantly making a comparison. He's a different kind of solution and im all for it - welcome lad

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2023, 09:09:26 am »
Hopefully we can announce this before 12pm. Would love to see him off the bench, even if only for a cameo tomorrow.

Odds of Klopp playing him, without a single training session with the team, are close to zero.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2023, 09:49:41 am »
I’m sorry Wayne, please finish your cider.

:wellin
Believer

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2023, 11:41:34 am »

And yeah, slightly blowing my mind how many people here know their 日本語. Who knew?
I suspect Google-kun has been consulted ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2023, 11:46:53 am »
Hope they've got the translation right as we couldn't get a proper translation for Liverpool for our kendo club and our Japanese visitors couldn't either
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2023, 12:32:24 pm »
I play as a No.6 and I'm like a bit more [of a] defensive player. I think I can help this club defensively and I will have good organisation in the middle. I think that's my job.

Works for me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2023, 12:32:31 pm »
Welcome!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2023, 12:33:09 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-agree-deal-sign-wataru-endo-stuttgart

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Wataru Endo from VfB Stuttgart on a long-term contract, subject to international clearance and work permit application.

The Japan international will become the Reds' third signing of the summer after finalising personal terms and successfully completing a medical.

Endo will take the No.3 jersey for the club – and he's looking forward to starting the new chapter of his career at Anfield.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy right now and I'm so excited to join a big club in Liverpool.

"It feels amazing and this is my dream. It's always [been] a dream to play [in the] Premier League and with one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's a dream come true for me."

Endo arrives after four seasons with Stuttgart, where he made 133 appearances and scored 15 goals after moving to Germany in 2019, initially on loan.

Prior to switching to Die Roten, the midfielder spent two seasons in Belgium with Sint-Truidense having established himself in Japan at Shonan Bellmare and Urawa Red Diamonds.

At international level, Endo has 50 caps for Japan and two goals. He made four appearances at the 2022 FIFA World Cup as his country reached the last-16 stage.

Endo added: "It's going to be the first time for me that I play at Anfield. I can't wait to play at Anfield in front of Liverpool fans.

"I play as a No.6 and I'm like a bit more [of a] defensive player. I think I can help this club defensively and I will have good organisation in the middle. I think that's my job.

"I am very excited to join this club and I am looking forward to seeing you at Anfield!"

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2023, 12:34:36 pm »
Yōkoso Wataru!   :scarf

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2023, 12:34:39 pm »
Welcome Wataru.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2023, 12:35:35 pm »
Can’t wait to see him for us. I’m more excited by him than the other 2. Got a feeling he’ll be like Robbo in the way he can get the crowd up and set the pace with his tenacity and drive.

Made up for the lad an all. Seems made up to be here

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
Welcome Endo

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2023, 12:36:03 pm »
Stuttgart’s thank you:

Goodbye Captain! 😓 Thanks for everything, Legend!! ❤
Wataru #Endo is leaving VfB Stuttgart with immediate effect and joining traditional English club Liverpool FC. VfB thus complies with the wish of its captain and receives transfer compensation.

Thank you Wataru for every game, your relentless commitment, your leadership on and off the pitch and for every goal, and we wish you all the best in your new role!
#VfB | To the message 🔗➡ http://go.vfb.de/goodbyewataru | @wataru0209

https://twitter.com/VfB/status/1692499371336614016?s=20

Welcome Wataru  8)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2023, 12:36:12 pm »
Welcome Lad!!

All the best!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2023, 12:36:46 pm »
From Henderson to Endo-san.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2023, 12:37:08 pm »
What I love about the Japanese whenever I've seen them play (quite a lot I suppose) is the genuine work ethic and honesty they bring to the game.
Really, I am delighted by the signing of this guy, and if we can get another in things will be looking up hugely.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2023, 12:37:48 pm »
Wecome Endo!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2023, 12:38:09 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ftp5r8SbT28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ftp5r8SbT28</a>

Klopp looks really happy and full of praise for our newest signing! Is he going to be in the team for tomorrow's game?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2023, 12:40:47 pm »
Welcome.

I take it the international clearing stuff rules him out this weekend then
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2023, 12:40:49 pm »
I know Klopp is a happy fucker but he looks absolutely stoked there when he’s being interviewed.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2023, 12:42:56 pm »
Welcome to the greatest sports club on the planet!!

Hopefully can get a few minutes tomorrow, need him ready to go v Newcastle but probably difficult with all the stuff involved.

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2023, 12:44:01 pm »
Alrite! Welcome Endo!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2023, 12:44:13 pm »
I know Klopp is a happy fucker but he looks absolutely stoked there when he’s being interviewed.

he’s also defo going to bat for Endo there, cos he knows far too many loud little scrotes who are ‘fans’ of this club are giving him (Endo) shite for no reason, just because he’s not a 22 year old superstar in the making who cost 80m.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2023, 12:44:43 pm »
Welcome Endo lad and best of luck.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2023, 12:45:12 pm »

He's got a player who really wants to play for the shirt finally! Welcome Legendo!
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2023, 12:46:15 pm »
Now here’s a fella that really wants to play for us and that’s good enough for me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2023, 12:46:38 pm »
he’s also defo going to bat for Endo there, cos he knows far too many loud little scrotes who are ‘fans’ of this club are giving him (Endo) shite for no reason, just because he’s not a 22 year old superstar in the making who cost 80m.
Exactly. Boss :D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2023, 12:46:58 pm »
He's got a player who really wants to play for the shirt finally! Welcome Legendo!
Yup. Made up. Can’t wait to be honest

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2023, 12:47:06 pm »
Seems like a great character and a reliable leader on the pitch. Hope he smashes it for us. Welcome Endo.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2023, 12:48:46 pm »
Klopp looks as happy as a pig in shit over this signing

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2023, 12:48:55 pm »
[Pearce]: #LFC have completed the signing of Wataru Endo from Stuttgart for around £16.2m. The Japan international has signed a four-year contract. He will wear the No 3 shirt.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2023, 12:49:42 pm »
From VfB Stuttgart site -

Wataru Endo:
“It was a tough decision to leave VfB just before the start of the season. I wouldn’t have left for just any club, but I hope VfB fans understand that I want to grasp this unique opportunity to play for Liverpool in the Premier League. The fact that VfB have given their blessing is something I don’t take for granted and I’m grateful for it. I’d like to thank my team-mates, staff, coaches and of course the fantastic fans for an unforgettable time at VfB. It was always an honour to lead VfB onto the pitch as captain and I’ll always carry Stuttgart in my heart.”

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2023, 12:49:52 pm »
The boss has convinced me more than all the nerds. Great interview that - officially invested in this guy now.

Great news

Welcome Wataru!
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2023, 12:50:32 pm »
Good luck Watura, I'm sure he didn't need much convincing to join. Fingers crossed it all works out.