Author Topic: FA Cup: Liverpool 3 v 0 Southampton Koumas 44’ Danns 74’ 88’  (Read 13734 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup: Liverpool 3 v 0 Southampton Koumas 44’ Danns 74’ 88’
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2024, 10:38:26 pm »
Love that progression of who is even classed as a kid :D

Harvey started the season as one, then Quansah, then Bradley came in as a kid, now all practically veterans, then Clark and McConnell but now they’re not anymore cos Danns…but now Danns isn’t but Koumas…but now here comes Nyoni and that’s an actual kid!!
Haha its happening exactly like that.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2024, 10:39:22 pm »
Yeah I thought they were good, should have scored a couple really. Wonder what their xg was?
Goals - 0
Does anyone have the Virgil ‘who cares’ gif to hand?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2024, 10:42:10 pm »
If we are chasing a goal, I would take Danns over Gakpo every time.

That's just daft.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2024, 10:43:53 pm »
That's just daft.

Cody needs to learn how to finish, at the minute he's snatching at everything.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2024, 10:44:40 pm »
Marvellous.

Danns is going to be a superstar.

I loved that meme going round that Neil Danns was 12 the last time Everton won a trophy.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2024, 10:45:57 pm »
Cody needs to learn how to finish, at the minute he's snatching at everything.

He scored a crucial goal just last week.

More importantly, the youngsters can be praised without us shitting on other players.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2024, 10:47:09 pm »
He scored a crucial goal just last week.

More importantly, the youngsters can be praised without us shitting on other players.

Doesn't alter the fact that he's snatching nearly every shot & saying you'd have 1 over another is not shitting on him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2024, 10:48:17 pm »
Jurgen Klopp on the youngsters:

"Don't forget about this when the transfer window opens."

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2024, 10:49:37 pm »
Wow - what a performance  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2024, 10:51:13 pm »

Ha.
I was actually thinking that we probably won’t need to sign any players for a while!

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2024, 10:52:46 pm »
How is our pitch so bad ? The amount of guys who slip is ridiculous.
mines a pint

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2024, 10:53:11 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2024, 10:54:42 pm »

It was mainly our own team though. I don't remember many Soton players slipping over.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2024, 10:56:02 pm »
Absolutely flying at the moment arnt we. It's like an unstoppable force. It doesn't matter how many injuries we get, how many games we have to play, who we play or where we have to play them, the reds go marching on!

Made up for Danns - what a finish and what a talent he is.  :wellin
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2024, 10:57:14 pm »
I thought Gomez improved going into the second half, especially with Macca as his partner which is no surprise.
I was laughing with Gomez! I was watching with the sound down as usual, and early on I said to my daughter - “what’s Joey up too? He’s taken over the midfield role now too!” Haha didn’t realise till I did a full head count that was his position today. He’s such a wonderful player, after all the horrible injuries he’s suffered, Klopp trusts him to play a game in midfield! It was brilliant to see him get stronger and stronger! I assume he’d go in goal if ever it’s needed! Love him!

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2024, 10:57:34 pm »
Bring on your Manchester United...

Boss night. Kelleher was superb when he was needed. Quansah was excellent throughout. Ibou was brilliant, the lad can read a game as well as anyone playing.

The young lads, Clarke was superb, my pick out of the lads that played the full match. Made up for Koumas.
 Danns...he's gonna be a star for us.

Saints fans goading us with that dirge,GSTK, cap doffing lick spittle blerts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2024, 10:58:06 pm »
I was laughing with Gomez! I was watching with the sound down as usual, and early on I said to my daughter - “what’s Joey up too? He’s taken over the midfield role now too!” Haha didn’t realise till I did a full head count that was his position today. He’s such a wonderful player, after all the horrible injuries he’s suffered, Klopp trusts him to play a game in midfield! It was brilliant to see him get stronger and stronger! I assume he’d go in goal if ever it’s needed! Love him!

Great post, totally agree.  :D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2024, 11:02:08 pm »
I thought Gomez improved going into the second half, especially with Macca as his partner which is no surprise.

It’s hard for a defender to play midfield as you generally have much less time to think and ball possession is key. Yes MacAllister helped a lot as he knows where to be and rarely gives the ball away.

However it was another decent game by Joe when you consider it is the first time that he has played in midfield in a competitive game (somebody will probably tell me that he has played in midfield before).
#JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2024, 11:02:51 pm »
I'm not sure if the highlight of the night was seeing Danns get a brace in front of the Kop or the Kop singing "we haven't won a trophy, we haven't won a trophy, we haven't won a trophy since Sunday afternoon".
:D

What a splendid and satisfactory Wednesday evening.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2024, 11:03:57 pm »
It’s hard for a defender to play midfield as you generally have much less time to think and ball possession is key. Yes MacAllister helped a lot as he knows where to be and rarely gives the ball away.

However it was another decent game by Joe when you consider it is the first time that he has played in midfield in a competitive game (somebody will probably tell me that he has played in midfield before).

Pretty sure Klopp admitted it was his first game in midfield, it's just good to see him play so many games again and be in a good rhythm which is something he's lacked the last couple of seasons.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2024, 11:05:32 pm »
I'm not sure if the highlight of the night was seeing Danns get a brace in front of the Kop or the Kop singing "we haven't won a trophy, we haven't won a trophy, we haven't won a trophy since Sunday afternoon".

ha ha ha  :champ

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2024, 11:06:15 pm »
Made up for the two young fellas scoring, but Danns second was very classy.

But I thought we really started to control the game once Macca came on. That lad is pure class. He made Gomez more confident and seemed to pop up everywhere.

I’m looking forward to going to Utd and belting them.

Kudos to Southampton for having a go. Most teams would have parked the bus and tried to nick one on the counter. Considering they played a few of their reserves as well, they were commendable.

But class shone through. The senior players were excellent, particularly Konate. I’ll be honest and say I thought he was a bit rash, but this season when he’s played, he’s been immense. His reading of danger has improved out of sight.

Big few games coming up now and we need a few back. Mo and Darwin should be OK for the weekend, especially the way Darwin celebrated Virgil’s goal in the cup  ;D
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2024, 11:06:19 pm »
Great result, Kelleher was immense again, bodes well for the next few I hope.
Gakpo was very snatchy, but the wee lads again, great stuff... and united next... few players back then, should be good...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2024, 11:06:35 pm »

Ah that makes sense, I couldn't pick up what was being sung & was trying to work out the last time they had won a trophy  ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2024, 11:07:20 pm »
Pretty sure Klopp admitted it was his first game in midfield, it's just good to see him play so many games again and be in a good rhythm which is something he's lacked the last couple of seasons.

He’s certainly played his part this season and has been a very important player. Funny how a fair few here wanted to sell him saying he wasn’t good enough. Good job Jurgen keeps faith and gives players time to regain their form.
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2024, 11:08:11 pm »
He’s certainly played his part this season and has been a very important player. Funny how a fair few here wanted to sell him saying he wasn’t good enough. Good job Jurgen keeps faith and gives players time to regain their form.

Even more on social media but happily they are have all gone very quiet now.  :D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2024, 11:08:14 pm »
It's such a joy to watch our matches at the moment. Not just because of what is happening on the pitch, but because of all those smiles from everyone be that the kids, be that Klopp, be that all the senior players. Go back a year and it was completely different. Right now, there is so much to be positive about even though we're actually in a rather horrible situation with all those injuries. Long may the positivity continue and let's hope we have some more silverware to celebrate at the end of the season.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2024, 11:09:49 pm »
We've had loads of rain here for a while. Last week against Luton some of our early passes were holding up as the ball was carrying a lot of water.
It's all fine :)

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 28, 2024, 11:12:49 pm »
Joe is really turning into our VIP in the Milner mould, he has played every position in defence and now started midfield .... just abit worried if he has to play Striker  :P

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2024, 11:14:33 pm »
We've had loads of rain here for a while. Last week against Luton some of our early passes were holding up as the ball was carrying a lot of water.
It's all fine :)

Yeah, I wanted to say this during the game, but obviously I can't comment in the match thread lol  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2024, 11:30:28 pm »
Very satisfying result again. Have we ever had so many great kids at once? Maybe the last time was 30 years ago when Fowler, Macca, Redknapp, Jones and Matteo were all 21 or under. I wonder how much FSG will be vindicated by spending heavily on the facilities in years to come. By the way, to put our injury crisis into perspective, here's the team you could form with the injured/unfit players:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Bajcetic
Beck

Endo
Szoboszlai
Jones

Salah
Jota
Nunez

That's almost certainly better than the team we have available and we're still winning, often comfortably. I really hope whoever comes in as manager and sporting director doesn't tear up the squad.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2024, 11:32:45 pm »

I'll second that Jill. I've been critical of Joe over the last couple of seasons as his performances were nowhere near the level he was capable of. I'm delighted that this season he's really stepped up. His cover at left back has been brilliant when Robbo was injured (keeping Tsimikas out) and when he's been called upon, he's delivered.

Delighted he's proved me wrong and long may it continue!  :D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2024, 11:33:26 pm »
Very satisfying result again. Have we ever had so many great kids at once? Maybe the last time was 30 years ago when Fowler, Macca, Redknapp, Jones and Matteo were all 21 or under. I wonder how much FSG will be vindicated by spending heavily on the facilities in years to come. By the way, to put our injury crisis into perspective, here's the team you could form with the injured/unfit players:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Bajcetic
Beck

Endo
Szoboszlai
Jones

Salah
Jota
Nunez

That's almost certainly better than the team we have available and we're still winning, often comfortably. I really hope whoever comes in as manager and sporting director doesn't tear up the squad.

Robertson over Beck at LB in the unavailable XI tonight.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2024, 11:39:02 pm »
Love this club but booooo we haven't won a trophy since Sunday afternoon.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2024, 11:41:08 pm »
Jeez that was enjoyable watching the kids shine.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2024, 11:48:58 pm »
What a mad week for the youth players.  Really stood up and took their chance.  Just incredible.

Saw the club posted this: For the first time in our history, two players aged 18 or younger have scored in the same senior game ❤️.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2024, 11:51:23 pm »
That was fun game. Good win

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #357 on: February 29, 2024, 12:02:09 am »
Joe is really turning into our VIP in the Milner mould, he has played every position in defence and now started midfield .... just abit worried if he has to play Striker  :P
Two lads scored within an hour of starting for us this week, Joe has not managed a goal in 10 years and 230 odd games. I get the feeling someone has mentioned this in the dressing room because he's trying every game to get a shot in (but getting nowhere near). Not a problem because he was immense again tonight, when everyone is fit some good players are going to miss out. Joe has now shown he's got 5 positions so his chances are increasing by the day of not being one of those missing out.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #358 on: February 29, 2024, 12:04:54 am »
What a mad week for the youth players.  Really stood up and took their chance.  Just incredible.

Saw the club posted this: For the first time in our history, two players aged 18 or younger have scored in the same senior game ❤️.
I think we've had a few debutants scoring in the last 10 years, Rossiter and Wisdom. I remember Owen's goal against Wimbledon as a stand out.
Danns already looks like an option anytime for us now.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #359 on: February 29, 2024, 12:06:49 am »
Had to go out right after the game so first chance to brag on my pre game dans hattie call  ;D  so close. told you he was overdue , 33 odd full mins senior time and nowt to show for it.

seriously though, he looks a natural finisher doesn't he. he could have had a couple against Chelsea as well, inches.

This win is beyond the pale.

Next job---total up the shirt numbers. pretty sure weve set a new mark, with 98 stepping in there late haha

Edit:  62 2 4 5 21 78 84 10 19 18  changes pages to youth squad 42 53 98 46 67 49   

BLOWS away 522 with a 658 total   Lets see opta top that. hell na. we are total number champions all day. Winning team.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 12:25:09 am by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.